Author Topic: Skateboard weight limits  (Read 7208 times)

Rusty_Berrings

Skateboard weight limits
« on: August 19, 2015, 11:52:16 PM »
Companies *REALLY* need to start putting out weight ratings for their boards and maybe have it legally enforced that some heavier dude that's way passed the weight rating can't just go through like a bunch of that board in a short period of time. #EnvironmentalSafety #etc

GAY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3336
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Re: Skateboard weight limits
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 04:04:57 PM »
This should include a "must weigh at least _____" rating too.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 10:28:13 AM »
Well, I guess that means goodbye to skateboarding for me.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1008
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 11:01:55 AM »

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 07:56:55 PM »
Well, I guess that means goodbye to skateboarding for me.
nah you're just tall that's just about all

PARANOID

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 03:00:05 PM »
The boards themselves are fairly resilient for even the most portly fellow, however the application of the said board would be limited; but it's not every day you see a fat dude chuck himself down a huge gap or stairs anyway so whatever. I think the biggest issue with fat dudes on skateboards are the trucks and bushings rather than the boards.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 07:46:13 PM »
The boards themselves are fairly resilient for even the most portly fellow, however the application of the said board would be limited; but it's not every day you see a fat dude chuck himself down a huge gap or stairs anyway so whatever. I think the biggest issue with fat dudes on skateboards are the trucks and bushings rather than the boards.
Ok, how about a muscular dude?

PARANOID

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 08:08:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Not really into dudes, but I guess if that's your thing then so be it?

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 08:15:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I feel dat PARANOID. you are so smart aren't you?

PARANOID

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 08:18:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
I feel dat PARANOID. you are so smart aren't you?
I'm flattered but like I said, I'm not really into dudes.

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 10:26:15 PM »
well cole is like 180 pounds, so i guess it would be 200 something, maybe 230?

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 10:54:42 PM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=87179.msg2372763#msg2372763 date=1440393975
when i weighed 235 and skated every day i didn't break a lot of boards but i was able to break a couple boards in under a week when i weighed ~170. it really depends on the way the board is shaped and constructed.

PARANOID

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 11:15:09 PM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=87179.msg2372763#msg2372763 date=1440393975
Expand Quote
[close]
when i weighed 235 and skated every day i didn't break a lot of boards but i was able to break a couple boards in under a week when i weighed ~170. it really depends on the way the board is shaped and constructed.
Maybe because you weighed less, you didn't get as tired and could therefore skate for longer, which exposed your board to more opportunities of breaking?

I think all boards are able to handle a crazy amount of stress, exceptions being chinese made boards for obvious reasons and pricepoints,  but if you really need a durable board you should check out Lib Tech. Standard 7 plies sandwiched between 2 sheets of fiberglass with epoxy resin.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 11:45:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Maybe because you weighed less, you didn't get as tired and could therefore skate for longer, which exposed your board to more opportunities of breaking?

I think all boards are able to handle a crazy amount of stress, exceptions being chinese made boards for obvious reasons and pricepoints,  but if you really need a durable board you should check out Lib Tech. Standard 7 plies sandwiched between 2 sheets of fiberglass with epoxy resin.
Well man, Dwindle (Almost/Enjoi/Cliche/Zero) are made in China and hold up pretty good for me usually. Libtech is okay but I find their shapes to be a little longer and/or wider wheelbase than what I prefer to skate, seems like they've begun catering more to the vert/bowl crowd. It's really a shame too as I did enjoy a good Lib back in the early 2000's.

PARANOID

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 11:54:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Well man, Dwindle (Almost/Enjoi/Cliche/Zero) are made in China and hold up pretty good for me usually. Libtech is okay but I find their shapes to be a little longer and/or wider wheelbase than what I prefer to skate, seems like they've begun catering more to the vert/bowl crowd. It's really a shame too as I did enjoy a good Lib back in the early 2000's.
I stay away from all that china stuff, even though some of my favorite skaters are on dwindle but whatever. The libs have always been a bit bowl-y but it's nothing too bad, I had one in the early 2000's myself. I think this was one of the first companies to have boards 8" and wider as the norm.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 02:39:37 AM »
Alright dogg, well, here's the rundown with Dwindle- they have like 5 different flavors of carbon fiber boards and i tried the most "standard" one and it lasted me a long time and it wasn't liek a "super wide board" that'll never break anyway no matter the makeup of it, it was 7.75. Ontop of that they have 8 ply boards, which I have yet to try. I'll be buying one of the carbon fiber reinforced boards- hopefully with a Barletta graphic- sometime in the next 4 months (I buy at least one deck a month, usually/often more but mostly USA made/the little guy which I'll never dissuade anyone from doing).

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 07:29:25 PM »
So my past 3 decks have been Welcome, if they put a label on the decks that said 190lbs would I stop buying them? No.
But it would feel lame that one of my favorite brands doesnt want fat guys to ride their decks, or at least thats how it would sound to me.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2015, 08:40:44 PM »
Alright dogg, well, here's the rundown with Dwindle- they have like 5 different flavors of carbon fiber boards and i tried the most "standard" one and it lasted me a long time and it wasn't liek a "super wide board" that'll never break anyway no matter the makeup of it, it was 7.75. Ontop of that they have 8 ply boards, which I have yet to try. I'll be buying one of the carbon fiber reinforced boards- hopefully with a Barletta graphic- sometime in the next 4 months (I buy at least one deck a month, usually/often more but mostly USA made/the little guy which I'll never dissuade anyone from doing).

shit i'm high. i had an impact support deck (just the discs over the trucks) and it lasted me about 5 months, though i didn't skate a shit ton it should have broken many times in that span then i sent it along with a friend of mine (because the rest of the setup was pretty fucked and i was getting a new complete). i'm skating a double impact support (discs along with top ply of fiberglass) and it's been going strong since around the end of may, i do alot of switch manuals and so i got some razor tail (nose) so i'm swapping it out. impact support is a fine product
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 08:44:40 PM by matter of fact »

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015, 06:59:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

shit i'm high. i had an impact support deck (just the discs over the trucks) and it lasted me about 5 months, though i didn't skate a shit ton it should have broken many times in that span then i sent it along with a friend of mine (because the rest of the setup was pretty fucked and i was getting a new complete). i'm skating a double impact support (discs along with top ply of fiberglass) and it's been going strong since around the end of may, i do alot of switch manuals and so i got some razor tail (nose) so i'm swapping it out. impact support is a fine product
you think Rodney Mullen makes all his Chinese factory people convert to Christianity?

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 10:57:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
you think Rodney Mullen makes all his Chinese factory people convert to Christianity?

Probably not, Rodney is really shy and keeps to himself a lot. He probably has gone over just to see what he's got and decide how they can improve or what not. Plus, he seems nicer than that.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.