Author Topic: Madrid and Valencia  (Read 725 times)

professional

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Madrid and Valencia
« on: October 19, 2015, 08:02:31 AM »
I'm doing a trip to Madrid and Valencia in December. I'll be in each city for a week or so, is there anyone out there that knows the city pretty well and would be willing to help me out and show me around? Looking for good times outside of skateboarding as well.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Madrid and Valencia
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 02:59:17 PM »
I met an American ex-pat at a bar called Escalones de la Lonja. He's not a skater, but he does drink boilermakers all day and is down to hang out and show people around town. His name is Ken. Go get yourself a calamari sandwich at the shop right next to the Reina Sofia in Madrid. Shit's fucking delicious.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:00:55 PM by brycickle »

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

EVIL

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 01:18:22 AM »
I´ve been to Valencia last year and to Madrid last Week.

In December Madrid can be cold, Valencia will be warm.

Both cities have a lot of spots. But in Valencia there is a lot of bust.

If you´re in Madrid go to WELCOME or SKATELAND Skateshop. Both are in the same area. Talk to the guys...they are super nice and they´ll help you.
To meet up Skaters in Madrid there are three Ledgespots..."congreso de los diputados", "recoletos" and "principe pio".

In Valencia it´s easy to find skaters and spots. Valencia is small and the city centre has a lot of spots. If you just cruise around you´ll find some spots. If you want to meet up skaters go to the little skatepark (some ledges, banks, flatrail...) in the dried out river called "turia".

k7vin

• Rep: -31
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 09:49:17 AM »
Check 'El Plaza' in Valencia; that's a good park to start, right in the centre & you should meet some locals from there.

In Madrid you'll find tons of street spots around Columbus Square & Jardines del Descubrimiento

Enjoy and come back here to post your pics man  ;)

petkom

• Rep: 3
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 11:35:34 AM »
In Madrid I can definitely recommend going to Welcome skateshop too. They are really cool people down to help!
These days a lot of people skate Plaza de Colón so I'm pretty sure someone can help you out there as well.