Author Topic: Gilbert Crockett "Salt Life"  (Read 27865 times)

Hannity

Re: Gilbert Crockett "Salt Life"
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2015, 12:20:31 PM »
good footage, wish they had just released it with no music. as one of the first audiovisual offerings from Quasi, a bit of a letdown. as another installment of Gilbert footage, top notch as usual. switch heel to fakie manual looked super good.

bo golden

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2015, 01:15:25 PM »
Gilbert is super dope.  And I kinda like the baggy pants. 

Salt Life, Lake Life, Redneck Life.....if you can think of it, it's a sticker on the back of someones truck here in GA.  So ridiculous.

Someone come up with a SK8 Life logo.

yep yep

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2015, 02:22:01 PM »
the best!

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2015, 02:38:27 PM »
Great skating like always, but damn that edit was shit-tastic.

Also, I generally don't mind how people dress, but I'm honestly kinda bummed on these baggy pants he's rocking. My favorite thing about him is his sort of bowlegged stance, but you can't notice it very much with the baggy pants.

whoami

• Rep: -43
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2015, 02:47:11 PM »
People change, styles change, but as long as his abilities are speaking none of that should matter. I think I'm just happy with the prospect of seeing less skinny pants in the future. Dude is literally wearing regular fitting pants, like standard regular american fit, and skating his ass off, and there's a complaint?

Uinta High

• Rep: 99
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2015, 02:55:49 PM »
People change, styles change, but as long as his abilities are speaking none of that should matter. I think I'm just happy with the prospect of seeing less skinny pants in the future. Dude is literally wearing regular fitting pants, like standard regular american fit, and skating his ass off, and there's a complaint?

Who is complaining? Someone's opinion that doesn't match yours is a complaint? You're the fucking worst. Total kook.

Why does Fallen Gilby seem so stressed in this edit? He's ruining his $100 dollar LadyWhiteCo tees?

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -458
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2015, 03:04:32 PM »
I liked watching his stuff more before his skating got NYC'd, but I still really liked this part. Don't know if he'll beat Ride the Sky though

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Randozzi

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2015, 03:20:29 PM »
Great part, I dug all of it. From the song to the editing, good stuff.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2015, 03:21:56 PM »
Great part, I dug all of it. From the song to the editing, good stuff.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 425
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2015, 03:25:27 PM »
Rad as always. Gilbert seems like a strange dude and I dig it. Only gripe is that cover photo for his part is pretty damn misleading.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Tabletop

• Rep: -72
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2015, 03:46:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Who is complaining? Someone's opinion that doesn't match yours is a complaint? You're the fucking worst. Total kook.

Why does Fallen Gilby seem so stressed in this edit? He's ruining his $100 dollar LadyWhiteCo tees?

Eg. 'I'm honestly kind of bummed on these baggy pants he's rocking.' = complaint.

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 241
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2015, 03:56:13 PM »
so sick! v happy right now. quasi/mother has had the best rollout of any of the newer board brands graphics wise and its sweet to finally see some vid content

also-

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2015, 04:00:36 PM »
Part of the year so far.  
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 01:34:00 PM by Bloody Matt »

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2015, 04:31:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Eg. 'I'm honestly kind of bummed on these baggy pants he's rocking.' = complaint.

Yeah I was complaining, but this is a message board where such things tend to happen.

Also, those aren't "regular" fitting pants ya crazy. Those are "no fit whatsoever" pants (I'm talking mostly about those ones that look like he used a burlap sack to make).

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2015, 04:47:24 PM »
This was strangely majestic:

Yeah, that was crazy.

Can someone please gif the switch pop shove it?

4wheels

« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2015, 04:51:39 PM »
Expand Quote
This was strangely majestic:

[close]

Yeah, that was crazy.

Can someone please gif the switch pop shove it?
what a crazy slam it would have been if the meter slipped into the back of his tshirt?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2015, 05:01:57 PM »
A parking meter up the ass is a hazard of the lifestyle

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2015, 05:09:47 PM »
Anyone dissing the pants has sold out

bit more your taste perhaps?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 05:13:21 PM by perverted super otaku! »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2015, 05:30:36 PM »
How are people yearning for Fallen-era Gilbert Crockett all of the sudden? His skating got way more interesting after he got out of the Jamie Thomas black hole.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2015, 05:30:43 PM »
Yes!  I could see how the editing and use of the song could annoy people, but I liked it.  In an era of over-experimentalism with skate video edits that still felt unique but not over-done.

Also, now I don't feel so bad that my waistline just expanded and I have to buy baggier khakis this week.  Gotta stay hip.
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2015, 05:37:44 PM »
That was awful. Worst pants in the history of skateboarding. Dude looked like a moron out there.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2015, 05:45:06 PM »
how americana

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2015, 06:35:58 PM »
How are people yearning for Fallen-era Gilbert Crockett all of the sudden? His skating got way more interesting after he got out of the Jamie Thomas black hole.
i liked cell out era gilbs, idk if he was on fallen at the time though.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2015, 06:39:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i liked cell out era gilbs, idk if he was on fallen at the time though.
He got on Workshop and Vans in 2010 and Cellout was 2012. For the record, Life Splicing through Old Dominion Gilbert is my favorite.

Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

OldmanEpic

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2015, 06:42:44 PM »
That was awful. Worst pants in the history of skateboarding. Dude looked like a moron out there.

Holy fuck your pretty new to skateboarding arent you?

There was a time, believe it or not, when almost everyone wore size 38 blind jeans(in a rainbow of colors) with xxl tshirts and 36mm weels.

Anyhow, baggy pants make skateboarding look better and it should have never left.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2015, 06:53:11 PM »
how americana

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Not "hating-on", dissing or "complaining" about Gilbert, but I'm also not particularly moved like some are. But again, I'm sure it's just me. Homey needs to loosen up a little bit. Seems like he's wound up pretty tight. The tantrum and board throwing around 2:30 was a little embarrassing. There's some cool stuff in there but are the SOTY posts an inside joke I am missing? Based on that part, for real?

whoami

• Rep: -43
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2015, 07:11:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well now I know I'm a total kook. At least theres a take away.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 07:31:28 PM by whoami »

BraveUlysses

« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2015, 07:44:04 PM »
Expand Quote
how americana
[close]

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Not "hating-on", dissing or "complaining" about Gilbert, but I'm also not particularly moved like some are. But again, I'm sure it's just me. Homey needs to loosen up a little bit. Seems like he's wound up pretty tight. The tantrum and board throwing around 2:30 was a little embarrassing. There's some cool stuff in there but are the SOTY posts an inside joke I am missing? Based on that part, for real?
  Are you for real? Other than this he had a two song part in Propeller, constant coverage, is always doing new shit on Instagram and has had a handful of clips in a few edits so it makes complete sense why people want him SOTY.   

Teak

• Rep: -1
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2015, 08:12:47 PM »
He's a great skateboarder thats for sure. I was too distracted by his unnecessarily large pants and what looked to be size small kids shirts. I definitely think he looked cooler back in the day.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2015, 08:13:19 PM »
is that adam sandler singing halloweeeeeen yooooo in a metal band? song didn't really bother me though. dude went straight from wearing his sisters pants to daddies. the really baggy ones do look goofy on the little guy, but it didn't take away from the skating. i just don't understand the pop over the trash cans, and kickflipping the barrier. he must have a second setup with tensors, and holes drilled in the board.. some way of cheating, because it doesn't look like camera tricks