Author Topic: Bunker Down AWS Video  (Read 17588 times)

anjholt

Re: Bunker Down AWS Video
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2015, 01:08:32 PM »
I thought it was sick. I have been an Alien fan since photosynthesis came out. I never understood all the Dill hype from the beginning. AVE was sick though. The kids on the team rip. Glad to see that the graphics are going in the right direction versus a bunch of artsy bullshit. Seems to me like Aliens just trying to get their act together, and I think its going pretty good.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2015, 01:36:43 PM »
That was fucking sick. My only gripe is that aside from Brandon Nguyen I can't tell these regular footed white dudes who share a closet apart.

If you really think Burton Skateboards, who gave pro models to a puppy and a miniature horse, is better than the low-key Tum Yeto AWS then you are welcome to move into the SLAP Home for Wayward Dipshits I'm opening. This AWS is better than the cool-guy-club that was available at select 711 stores.

perverted super otaku!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2015, 01:40:32 PM »
That was fucking sick. My only gripe is that aside from Brandon Nguyen I can't tell these regular footed white dudes who share a closet apart.

If you really think Burton Skateboards, who gave pro models to a puppy and a miniature horse, is better than the low-key Tum Yeto AWS then you are welcome to move into the SLAP Home for Wayward Dipshits I'm opening. This AWS is better than the cool-guy-club that was available at select 711 stores.
lol this, need I remind of this shit? Seems I do, so I will

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:47:10 PM by perverted super otaku! »

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2015, 01:52:11 PM »
You guys are a bunch of bitter dudes who cant embrace change. As someone before me said this is a new generation of Alien, I love all the old Alien shit too but I think these dudes are sick and the product that theyre coming out with looks sick. The soundtrack kinda sucked in my opinion but the skating was hella dope, Brandons fs 360 was killer! Stoked on the new Alien.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2015, 02:44:50 PM »
that intro felt like something transworld might have put together if they were in control of the alien section in the cinematographers project.

song and editing were flat in places and the art clips felt like they were placed at random with no consideration.

its their first go around doing this without the full crew so they definitely deserve some slack.

if this version of alien doesnt work out i hope brandon gets on girl or enjoi. hes too good.

wouldve been cool if they got a full shot of the stargate manny pad. its pretty epic looking.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2015, 03:23:24 PM »
You guys are a bunch of bitter dudes who cant embrace change. As someone before me said this is a new generation of Alien, I love all the old Alien shit too but I think these dudes are sick and the product that theyre coming out with looks sick. The soundtrack kinda sucked in my opinion but the skating was hella dope, Brandons fs 360 was killer! Stoked on the new Alien.

Yes.  8)

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2015, 03:51:35 PM »
Holy Shit that Brandon Nguyen guy is brutal.

Watt

• Rep: 0
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2015, 04:15:07 PM »
A fresh start!

I'm glad they've disassociated themselves with Dinosaur Jr. I was braced throught the entire video for a Dino Jr. assault. They could have worked it in right before Brandon Nguyen's section when that steampunk guy was shredding some kind of smoke bag guitar, but they didn't.
I'm glad they didn't

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2015, 04:26:48 PM »
I got to the flag raising and thought, "fuck this..."

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2015, 05:22:18 PM »
I kept thinking to myself "Do I like this?" the entire time watching it. It's like my mom got remarried and now I have to call my stepdad "Dad."

I kind of have the same feeling I had after watching the Supreme video for the first time, except instead of not knowing which black dude did what, they're white dudes.

Not enough mouse fetuses, retro stock footage, weird shit, video art as other people have pointed out.

Didn't see the halfcab wallride from Brandon that was in a mag recently, or half cab 5050 Dolores. Those tricks were super gnarly, guess they didn't want like 4 half cabs in a part?

I've always associated AWS with power skaters, dudes who push fast and and have a lot of pop. They need a guy or two like that.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2015, 05:51:58 PM »
i really like the vx clips of max garson with steady shot on haha :D

but for real, like fongstarr said, old alien is dead, lets see what those guys deliver.
that was good skateboarding right there.

i dont care for anything else. skating was sick, editing was ok. came up with the new shit, with the new kids.
i've loved old alien as the next guy and had a couple of boards which i liked, but the parody of alien with that dyrdek monster boards and soap from alien workshop ohio and shit like that can get the fuck out.
its way better to have something new under tum yeto, small but yet evolving with this kids.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:51:03 AM by somethingmustbreaknow »

phillip dominguez

• Rep: 15
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2015, 07:43:31 PM »
That was a solid promo.  To anyone bitching about the "old Alien feel".  Which one are you referring to?  The first go round with Pitre, Dyrdek, Blender, Turner, and Conklin?  The second one with "laser flip" Hayes , Kalis, Gall, and John Drake? The third with Dill, AVE, Berra and Kirchart?  The fourth where Dylan, Taylor, Salazaar, and Piscopo were on?  The teams been "revamped" for lack of a better term so many times over the course of 20+ years, there's always been a different feel.  Yeah Dyrdek dropped the ball, however, after watching that seems like they're headed in the right direction.  
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 07:50:51 PM by phillip dominguez »

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2015, 08:18:18 PM »
Yo, I'm all in on the last guy.  :o

I thought the vid as a whole was cool. Part of me wish that this was a new brand that separated from the AWS imagery, its just an impossible standard to live up to. I'd love to see where it goes from here though.

BMCsteve

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2015, 09:08:50 PM »
Been a fan of Alien for 20 years and I loved this.  This was the most cohesive video I've seen in a long time.

Totally backing the new AW now

IHOP

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2015, 12:37:17 AM »
Nobody really stood out to me besides Paul.  Brandon is good but idk i just wasn't interested.  I'm all for new alien but hopefully they can differentiate themselves a little more, their team looks like a poor mans huf team, similar boring white guys.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2015, 02:52:54 AM »
Been a fan of Alien for 20 years and I loved this.  This was the most cohesive video I've seen in a long time.

I get what your are saying, but for True Blue is probably the most cohesive video and most underrated video of the last couple of years.

mother collection

• Rep: -4
  • (Leaving) Quickly Now
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2015, 06:06:22 AM »
I wasn't around when the workshop was still alive but I still thought the company was sick. But after this video I'm like 100% down for the new workshop I dug every second of the video. I think if you don't compare it to old aws vids and just look at it as a stand alone skate vid it's easier to get hyped on it

BMCsteve

« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2015, 06:35:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Been a fan of Alien for 20 years and I loved this.�  This was the most cohesive video I've seen in a long time.

[close]

I get what your are saying, but for True Blue is probably the most cohesive video and most underrated video of the last couple of years.

Totally forgot about True Blue.  Agree with you on that

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2015, 07:25:38 AM »
I wasn't around when the workshop was still alive but I still thought the company was sick. But after this video I'm like 100% down for the new workshop I dug every second of the video. I think if you don't compare it to old aws vids and just look at it as a stand alone skate vid it's easier to get hyped on it

What? Workshop died a year ago, and came back a month later. Where were you that month?
p-shuvs and v-flips

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2015, 07:28:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What? Workshop died a year ago, and came back a month later. Where were you that month?
maybe he's less than 1 year old but his skoach family is getting his profile out there already in hopes he'll be a great pro, Dad on skate lessons, mom on media(hence the name)

Orange Grove Local

« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2015, 07:46:09 AM »
solid skateboarding.

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2015, 09:49:45 AM »
I don't think it helped that they all look EXACTLY the same and skate the same kind of spots.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2015, 09:58:10 AM »
I'll always be nostalgic for the old Alien, but there was some great skating in that. These guys have tons of talent and it bodes well for the future.

dalycitymassive

• Rep: -2
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2015, 11:12:08 AM »
I got to the flag raising and thought, "fuck this..."

So you watched the intro of a skate video and never got the actual skating? Cool.

I don't think Alien will turn any of these guys pro (although I could think of a couple of the guys that definitely deserve it) because they probably want to stay on the am route for a while, but the skating is awesome. So what about the editing. I think I care more about the new alien than Quasi.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2015, 11:40:46 AM »
It was a great video, I enjoyed the visuals and editing but, the music just turned me off. It is a better video muted. But. I have hopes for this new generation of Alien and I look forward to the footage they'll put out.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2015, 11:58:41 AM »

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2015, 12:15:54 PM »
I don't think it helped that they all look EXACTLY the same and skate the same kind of spots.

just popping in again to say that this shit is lame as fuck

Chicken in a Can

« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2015, 12:30:19 PM »
Nguyen's wallrides are more like wallbounces. Kinda justin brock style where you get on and get off as fast as possible. Nguyens are especially strange because he stands up on them. Not hating on that, just noticing it's a lot different than a Wes or Jake wallRIDE where they are on that shit from start to finish.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:33:48 PM by Chicken in a Can »

gig.

« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2015, 12:59:26 PM »
Ha . I'm shocked anyone liked this. To each his own.

BABY-PEP$I

• Rep: -18
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2015, 02:09:41 PM »
its weird/cool how they are keeping some what of the same aesthetic...
Joey G had the best footage by far. brandon nuguyen has gross style. obviously insane at skateboarding. pauls stuff was good but he could do better. frankie spears is gross.