Author Topic: I witnessed a, "mass shooting," and I think it's fucked me up  (Read 4258 times)

BMCsteve

Re: I witnessed a, "mass shooting," and I think it's fucked me up
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2015, 10:14:53 AM »
Back in 2007 my wife and I were robbed at gunpoint.  Fight or flight kicked in as you mention and she ran.  The guy took his focus off pointing the gun at my head and shot her from behind.  He then tried to grab her purse, failed and ran off.

The bullet when straight through her leg.  she ran back to me but the fractured bone in her leg gave out and she collapsed in front of me in the middle of the street. 

It didn't have a major impact on her mentally or emotionally as it might have with other people.  We're just both more cautious about our surroundings.

If the trauma is impacting your daily life, just go talk to a therapist that deals with those types of issues.  Nothing bad can come from talking to someone.

wallieD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
Re: I witnessed a, "mass shooting," and I think it's fucked me up
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2015, 11:32:58 AM »
it sucks this guy hasn't been caught yet. one of the witnesses said he would never forget the guys face, and they don't even have a sketch done? a red and black hat? a black hat with a red bill, a red hat with a black logo ?shitty details.  they could at least give be more specific.. with all the people taking photos and videos that night it seems like he would be on camera at some point