Author Topic: Refugee crisis in Europe.  (Read 66349 times)

Alan

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2563
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Refugee crisis in Europe.
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2015, 09:08:59 AM »
Also, chances are they have old, second hand, and lower tier phones. Not like they all bought new 500 euro iphones. And it's the cheapest way to get something resembling a computer, and internet access.

But what if the Syrians start eating Swedish babies when the food runs out? WHAT THEN?!!! Are you going to give them your baby? I mean, since you love refugees so much.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2015, 10:10:28 AM »

But what if the Syrians start eating Swedish babies when the food runs out? WHAT THEN?!!! Are you going to give them your baby? I mean, since you love refugees so much.

It's only logical...

Monty, could you please clarify what the difference is between the government "stealing" people's money to pay for social programs and regular old taxation? I guess there is a difference in degree between things like governments seizing private factories/industries and nationalizing them vs. taking 40% of someone's income but the principle is essentially the same.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2015, 11:44:41 AM »
Ill try to answer as many as possible , if I miss someone just make a post with the question again .

Alan , if the syrians start eating swedish babies then you will have lost this discussion and I was right . On a positive note Swedish nature with its clean water and air ,  and the super healthy diets alot of swedish babies keep will keep the Syrians healthy

weedpop , Im not sure I understand your question , but Yes Im fine with a high tax since we have had it for many years and the money seems to be doing good things . School in Sweden up to university , med school . mechanic school , chef school are all free , we even get a monthly cash aid as a incentive to stay in school

We kinda have free healthcare , when people need meds , once you reach 100 euros you get the rest for free the whole year . people get the operations they need and get to see doctors quick . Im not saying its a perfect system , but it is really good

Infrastructure , new playgrounds new roads , safe buildings , new skateparks , sports programs and so on , we get alot for what we give in

Now government taking money is more of a situation like in south africa where the new president and ministers all the sudden have new cars and new homes worth millions while everything ells is going to shit

I guess weedpop my point is , governments cant be trusted with just taking money from rich people , You look at the US system with senators and lobbying . Heck even some swedish politicians have gotten in problem . Rich pay more in taxes in Sweden , My argument with tufty is  you cant just tell somebody they are not allowed to move the factory , or relocate something . I mean yes it would do
more good for sweden to keep it in sweden . But you cant just go and tell them no . And you cant just take somebody money they earned legally . They still pay taxes on it .  Whats the incentive to start a project or company if you dont want to make money ?

I mean one could run a skate company to just break even , but then you would need a job to feed yourself and your family . Now if you want to expand and maybe not work a second job . maybe make more boards , expand business and hire more people you need to make a profit  .  But if theres a risk that if any tradigy like a refuge crisis the government can just take your money cause you morally have too much money ?  whats the point in starting any company ?

for excitableboy  and tufty

You dont need to explain it again , I know you guys are talking from a moral stand point , you guys think moraly that the super rich should give the money to the needy

And yes Im am saying from a legal point of view . The thing is you guys are saying the moral stand point should win , and we should take the money from them , and Im saying no matter the morals , if they earned the money legaly , they should do what ever they want with it

What is morals and who gets to decide what morals we use ?

When Columbus reached america his morals and the church told them its moraly ok to kill the indians cause they were not christans .they had no souls

it was moraly ok to have slaves in america before it was decided you couldnt do that

Moraly should we all commit suicide ? We are using up the worlds resources , polluting the eath , driving animals into extinction . human numbers are getting way out of hand and we mostly kill each other . Heck we have even dropped nuclear bombs which have made areas unlivable . One could make a good case we should be wiped out for the good of the planet

On another note , the swedish PM was on Tv today saying the refuge situation is out of control in sweden and we cant handle it . We need help from the other countries . Lets see who stepps up . We are in the middle of this refugee crisis . with no end in sight and sweden has already lost control  .

The goverment is saying we cant handle it , and this is the government that is supposed to find these people homes , food , money , schooling jobs .  See my point ?

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2015, 12:47:43 PM »

for excitableboy  and tufty

You dont need to explain it again , I know you guys are talking from a moral stand point , you guys think moraly that the super rich should give the money to the needy

And yes Im am saying from a legal point of view . The thing is you guys are saying the moral stand point should win , and we should take the money from them , and Im saying no matter the morals , if they earned the money legaly , they should do what ever they want with it

What is morals and who gets to decide what morals we use ?

When Columbus reached america his morals and the church told them its moraly ok to kill the indians cause they were not christans .they had no souls

it was moraly ok to have slaves in america before it was decided you couldnt do that

Moraly should we all commit suicide ? We are using up the worlds resources , polluting the eath , driving animals into extinction . human numbers are getting way out of hand and we mostly kill each other . Heck we have even dropped nuclear bombs which have made areas unlivable . One could make a good case we should be wiped out for the good of the planet

On another note , the swedish PM was on Tv today saying the refuge situation is out of control in sweden and we cant handle it . We need help from the other countries . Lets see who stepps up . We are in the middle of this refugee crisis . with no end in sight and sweden has already lost control  .

The goverment is saying we cant handle it , and this is the government that is supposed to find these people homes , food , money , schooling jobs .  See my point ?

`

I never argued for that. I will leave it to Tufty to explain that the market is and can be regulated in all kinds of ways  ;D  But my point is related to Tufty's. It simply makes economic sense to invest in immigrants, in addition to it being the right thing to do. I don't bother talking to people who need convincing of the latter, and I'm sure we're all on the same page there.
   Look, a government which is failing to house its people, keep them safe and working or in a good school, at this moment, was failing to do it before this crisis broke out. Of course Sweden isn't failing, they are still doing magnificent all things considered. But, curiously, this is what you claim, while at the same time explaining how great mostly everything in Sweden is. Make up your mind. If you do think your country is in such dire straits, your beef isn't with immigrants invading your country, it is with the government (indeed, right now mostly the European government which has yet to do something about Sweden). Your situation is just temporary, and Sweden will go back to being the beautiful, comfortably cold, glowing example of multicultural coexistence for many years to come.
   Now if the EU just implements a solution the has every country help according to its ability, we'll be fine. All the rest - talk of rape, ISIS, unemployment and so on, is fearmongering and/or ignorance.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2015, 03:20:32 PM »
Grave of unknown kid in Lesvos Island.

The sign says "unknown little" and the number is the number of grave "118".

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:22:15 PM by Tufty »

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2015, 04:23:19 PM »

weedpop , Im not sure I understand your question , but Yes Im fine with a high tax since we have had it for many years and the money seems to be doing good things . School in Sweden up to university , med school . mechanic school , chef school are all free , we even get a monthly cash aid as a incentive to stay in school

We kinda have free healthcare , when people need meds , once you reach 100 euros you get the rest for free the whole year . people get the operations they need and get to see doctors quick . Im not saying its a perfect system , but it is really good

Infrastructure , new playgrounds new roads , safe buildings , new skateparks , sports programs and so on , we get alot for what we give in

Now government taking money is more of a situation like in south africa where the new president and ministers all the sudden have new cars and new homes worth millions while everything ells is going to shit

My point is that you are contradicting yourself repeatedly in everything you say on this issue. You say that the government can't just take money away from rich people, yet you are ok with Sweden's tax system? You have a top tax bracket in which roughly 51% of individual income goes to the state - that means that, not only are they taking people's money, they are taking more of it depending on how well off they are!

There is no difference in principle between taxation and some kind of fine or penalty, except for that fact that fines are handed out based on an assumption of guilt, whereas taxes are supposed to fulfill the positive obligation that each individual has to their country and to the public good. Progressive taxation is nothing but an extra tax (or penalty) placed on someone for having more money. One of the main reasons that your country has such a high standard of living - and thus is able to absorb a disproportionate number of refugees without everything going to shit, as you claim will happen - is because Swedes have collectively decided, based on MORAL PRINCIPLES, that things like progressive taxation are good, and even necessary to guarantee the welfare of the nation as a whole.

The thing that Tufty and others were getting at is that the refugee crisis, as well as a lot of Europe's other social problems, would be easier to deal with if people decided collectively to make the wealthy contribute more, and to pass laws to make it more difficult for them to accumulate huge sums of money and evade taxation. This would not be comparable to supposedly 'revolutionary' governments seizing factories or businesses for their own personal gain, it would just be a slight modification to the system that you already have, and which has been in place for years.

Again, as Tufty said, the fact that you happily tout the benefits of Sweden's great social programs while saying that it is immoral to take money from the rich just because they are rich shows how little you understand the system in which you live.

I guess weedpop my point is , governments cant be trusted with just taking money from rich people , You look at the US system with senators and lobbying . Heck even some swedish politicians have gotten in problem.

You are confusing campaign contributions to politicians from rich people with taxes paid by rich people to the state treasury; I hope I don't have to explain the distinction between these two things to you...

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2015, 05:56:39 PM »
How did this become all about Sweden? Noone gives a shit about Sweden, dynamite, or lingonberries.

Italy has been in crisis for a decade, Germany is desperate for youth, and you want to talk about Sweden who isn't even broke?

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2015, 07:59:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
the scary part is that a lot of ISIS are amongst the refugees to establish terrorist centers around Europe. real refugees don't have money to make this trip let alone expensive phones and daily withdrawls from the atm. smugglers are humanitarians. and ISIS are paying them to send their warriors. germany that's taking in 200'000 good luck.

[close]

Do you really believe in that? I cant be a real refuge if i'm rich?! You really think this people are all terrorists?! Fear campaign is working i guess.
[close]
Every time someone talks about how A) Poor people don't have smart phones or B) That all Syrians are poor, they simply let you know that they don't know what they are talking about.
Live in a mudhut somewhere in rural Afghanistan? Ok. Still have a smart phone...
Not to forget the fact that tons of Syrians are really well educated.

Sure, the sheer number of refugees is a problem, but the fact that they have smart phones or aren't poor isn't a part of the problem.
[close]
I know people that went to Syrian schools all in English. Not about to say Europe is going to explode, it's basically a bunch of fear-mongering media stuff. People just looking to hate, if you hate England or Sweden just leave, you have a Euro passport (which ALL Canadians are all jealous of)

We can't even work in the USA without endless applications, go live your Euro lives and stop complaining
Last thing first: Trying being an Euro that wants to work in the US. Go eat a beavertail or poutine or some shit before you complain about your ability to travel/work in the US...

While I know you are Tracer, you have a point to a degree, however I don't agree with you. I have 3 friends who have studied in Syria up until fairly recently >5 years.
There are dangers with this massive refugee thing, one of them is simply that most refugee centers in Euro are so over crowded. No Euro country is set up for this stuff.
The majority do have a completely different culture and religion than most Euros; This can cause conflict now and in the future.
Does IS/Daesh have "infiltrators" in among the refugees? You bet. I have no sources for this, but IS isn't a bunch of dumbasses. This is also dangerous if these assholes decide to act on it. Russian airline that went down in Egypt might have been an IS terrorist attack..

There is a huge line between being a racist ignorant asshole and not being naive about it all.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2015, 09:13:19 PM »
Here we go again

excitableboy

It simply makes economic sense to invest in immigrants, in addition to it being the right thing to do. I don't bother talking to people who need convincing of the latter, and I'm sure we're all on the same page there.

Yes it makes total sense to make sure people we take in get education , jobs , healthcare  . It makes no sense to just take them in
and not give them help . My point is we dont have the resources . The swedish government gave a statement yesterday that we cant deal with it . We have people sleeping in the streets . We have people sleeping on the floor in the Immigration office .

Look, a government which is failing to house its people, keep them safe and working or in a good school, at this moment, was failing to do it before this crisis broke out. Of course Sweden isn't failing, they are still doing magnificent all things considered. But, curiously, this is what you claim, while at the same time explaining how great mostly everything in Sweden is. Make up your mind. If you do think your country is in such dire straits, your beef isn't with immigrants invading your country

Swedens government was not failing before this crisis . The government is saying we cant handle this . They are not saying our healthcare or schools are failing . They are saying we are not equipped to handle this and we need help

Yes I think many things are great in sweden but that doesnt make it perfect . Kids are doing worse in school , doctors and nurses are over worked , police and fire department are complaining about budget . Right extremist are on the rise in the country . People are more and more voting for the extremist right . People are burning down refuge centers

The voting for the right wing party is a huge problem aswell , it went from a party that was ignored and ridiculed to the 2nd biggest party in sweden now . Alot of people vote for them cause they believe in the direction , and alot vote for them just to prove a point

I can have it both ways , Sweden is a country that has it better then alot of countries , but we still have problems and its getting worse
Im not sure why you think I cant have it both ways . Whats so difficult to understand about that we cant give the immigrants what they need and want ?

for weedpop

My point is that you are contradicting yourself repeatedly in everything you say on this issue. You say that the government can't just take money away from rich people, yet you are ok with Sweden's tax system? You have a top tax bracket in which roughly 51% of individual income goes to the state - that means that, not only are they taking people's money, they are taking more of it depending on how well off they are!

The tax system is one we have all agreed on , it goes to important things .
You are missunderstanding me . What Im saying is you cant have the government first tax you and then take even more money just because you are rich .

Ill give you a example , Mike has a factory he pays 40% tax , He has paid what he owes . The government cant come to his office and say Mike You payed your tax , but you are rich and we have a refuge crisis so we are taking 80% of your money after tax

This is was tufty and excitableboy or maybe just tufty was suggesting . That rich people should just have their money taken from them cause other people need it more

that means that, not only are they taking people's money, they are taking more of it depending on how well off they are!

Yes , they are taking our money , but they are giving us things back for it .  If you go to the shop and buy a liter of milk , yeah they take your money but you get milk for it . I see no problem with The rich getting taxed more , cause they have more . But theres a difference between first taxing them and then taking money from them after cause somebody decides they need it more

One of the main reasons that your country has such a high standard of living - and thus is able to absorb a disproportionate number of refugees without everything going to shit, as you claim will happen - is because Swedes have collectively decided, based on MORAL PRINCIPLES, that things like progressive taxation are good, and even necessary to guarantee the welfare of the nation as a whole.

I agree , its no secret that sweden is a socialist country , or socialist / capitalist country . But we are not able to handle the refugees that you say we can handle , The EU is saying it , Swedens government is saying it , the swedish population is saying it . What more proof do you need ? talk to the refugees who are sleeping on floors , tents and some outside

Our morals are getting us in trouble here , we are trying to save everyone but its putting us in the shit

The thing that Tufty and others were getting at is that the refugee crisis, as well as a lot of Europe's other social problems, would be easier to deal with if people decided collectively to make the wealthy contribute more, and to pass laws to make it more difficult for them to accumulate huge sums of money and evade taxation

Who says the wealthy are not contributing besides tax ? Do you guys view all rich people as evil ? Im not saying I know how much
they donate or work at shelters or anythings ells and neither do you . You think all rich people are sitting on some throne made of skulls and dollar stacks ?

Look at bill gates , he donates almost all his money , sets up programs and think tanks for environment issues and for trying to end world hunger , He sponsors people and does alot more

But you have people like Steve jobs aswell , who just took and took and never gave

I can agree to tax people higher , but I dont agree to give them a cap on how much money they can have . I dont agree on the collectively deciding on who of the rich people we should take money from . Are normal people gonna tell " Mike " he has to give up his money cause we the people decided on it ?

Again, as Tufty said, the fact that you happily tout the benefits of Sweden's great social programs while saying that it is immoral to take money from the rich just because they are rich shows how little you understand the system in which you live.

Im not saying its immoral to tax rich people , Im saying you cant tax them and then take more money from them just because they are rich . We have agreed on money caps , You make X money , u get taxed Y money .

Im for taxes on money you earn cause that money goes to things you use , like roads and hospitals , school for your children .

You are confusing campaign contributions to politicians from rich people with taxes paid by rich people to the state treasury; I hope I don't have to explain the distinction between these two things to you...

I was just using it as a example how corrupt I think the US government is and how it differs from Swedens . It wasnt a example on taxes or the refugee situation

So yeah , if I missed something , sorry , debating ( if you can call it that ) 4 people here . Just post it again if I missed it
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:16:41 PM by Monty Burns »

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2015, 06:17:57 AM »
 You are naive as fuck and you dont have a clue about how rich people can avoid taxes and pay less than middle class. You dont have a clue about how the whole world works. You dont have a clue of what I am saying. And you are an idiot for defending the rich when there are kids drowning in the seas because the rich dont feel like paying the taxes they should because fuck the poor they are lazy scumbags. A war that is done for new markets for the rich in middle east and west domination.  

Hey genius explain how the fuck  our infrastructure and social state in Europe is declining since the 90s while we are producing much more than in the 90s? Maybe because what we produce goes in a few hands that dont get taxed for redistribution of wealth? Wealth accumulation that doesnt get taxxed properly ends up in corporatocracy as those with absurd wealth can bring down whole economies with their decisions. The rich are blackmailing the whole world for laws that favour them.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 06:30:13 AM by Tufty »

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2015, 07:59:55 AM »
It must be nice to have such a simplistic view of the world.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2015, 08:20:25 AM »
Yes I think many things are great in sweden but that doesnt make it perfect . Kids are doing worse in school , doctors and nurses are over worked , police and fire department are complaining about budget . Right extremist are on the rise in the country . People are more and more voting for the extremist right . People are burning down refuge centers

And? To paraphrase TK, don't be mad at the refugees,  be mad at the nigga negotiating yo deals, i.e. the system which perpetuates the crisis.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2015, 08:53:01 AM »
You are naive as fuck and you dont have a clue about how rich people can avoid taxes and pay less than middle class. You dont have a clue about how the whole world works. You dont have a clue of what I am saying. And you are an idiot for defending the rich when there are kids drowning in the seas because the rich dont feel like paying the taxes they should because fuck the poor they are lazy scumbags. A war that is done for new markets for the rich in middle east and west domination.  

Wow tufty , I thought we were having a nice calm discussion here . Is that how you debate things in Greece ? or is it just your style to start insulting people when they dont agree to you opinions ?  Whats next threats of violence ?

Its funny that you think Im naive when you are blaming pretty much any problems on the evil rich people .  Greece in the shit ?  its thanks to the rich people .  Conflicts in Iraq . rich people to blame , conflict in Syria , its those damn evil rich people again

Syrian conflict has nothing to do with countries politics , religious , political , or have to do with the resources of those countries , Its just those damn rich people again . Syrians dying drowning , its those evil rich people again .

Tufty , you are the naive one for thinking this world is a peaceful world , filled with people who give a rats ass about morals . Poor people are trying to make it through just like the rich are . Everybody is playing the game as well as they can

When was the last time we had some moral , peaceful utopia ?  whats the longest the world has gone without wars ? If you look at history , the world is prob at the best we have ever had . Less wars , better healthcare , better schools . Things are improving

You are generalizing and saying all rich people are evil , just like somebody would say All muslim are terrorists

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2015, 09:17:02 AM »

Wow tufty , I thought we were having a nice calm discussion here . Is that how you debate things in Greece ? or is it just your style to start insulting people when they dont agree to you opinions ?  Whats next threats of violence ?

Its funny that you think Im naive when you are blaming pretty much any problems on the evil rich people .  Greece in the shit ?  its thanks to the rich people .  Conflicts in Iraq . rich people to blame , conflict in Syria , its those damn evil rich people again

Syrian conflict has nothing to do with countries politics , religious , political , or have to do with the resources of those countries , Its just those damn rich people again . Syrians dying drowning , its those evil rich people again .

I am talking like this when I feel like the person in front of me doesnt have a single connection with logic. You dont have to be a phd holder to grasp those simple facts. Its not maths. Its just that we are fed with lies and we cant comprehend that we were bullshited so much.

Are you illiterate or something?

Country politics = Foreign relations with other countries so that their buisinesses have better access to those countries' markets. Wars happen when negotiations fail and the markets are having to much potential to miss. Countries are always acting on the behalf of their buisinesses as we have capitalism.

Religion = Mechanism of propaganda so that people can fight for buisinessmen interests. Patriotism is another mechanism.

Resources= New market potentials for buisinessemen. Cheap materials.

Everything is happening for the fucking money. And the way the system works rich get the vast majority of those money and we have to be greatful for the bits that remain for us.

Tufty , you are the naive one for thinking this world is a peaceful world , filled with people who give a rats ass about morals . Poor people are trying to make it through just like the rich are . Everybody is playing the game as well as they can

When was the last time we had some moral , peaceful utopia ?  whats the longest the world has gone without wars ? If you look at history , the world is prob at the best we have ever had . Less wars , better healthcare , better schools . Things are improving

You are generalizing and saying all rich people are evil , just like somebody would say All muslim are terrorists

Dude thats the definition of idiot. You are admitting that the game is immoral and full of sleazy people where the ones that are selfish and evil win. And then you contradict yourself by saying not all rich-succesful people are evil. Literally WHAT THE FUCK? I admit that the rich may be disillusioned that they do good or that charity can erase all the decisions that fuck up the planet and benefit their stupid enterprise but the bottom line is you cant win if you are not an asshole, even if you dont realise it. I mean sociopaths dont feel bad about themselves.

We were the best a few decades back we are in decline now. You know why? Because markets prevail against society for third time in history. This has happened another two times in history, I am not coming up with bullshit from my own mind like you do.

The world is a better place than it was many years back because there are some people pointing out what is wrong with the world and fighting for that. If all people accepted reality and became assholes we would be in the same shit forever. Progress comes from people opposing the establishment not from people that conform.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 09:30:46 AM by Tufty »

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2015, 11:21:02 AM »
Tufty man , you are so lost

The refugee crisis is happening now , in this world . Not your communist my little pony gum drop fantasy world . Its happening now. And your only solution to the crisis is , take money from the evil rich people

If we  one day we have a perfect utopia where nobody is sick , poor , or hungry . has nothing to do with things right now

Are you illiterate or something?
illiterate

1.unable to read or write.
2. a person who is unable to read or write.

Wow tufty , more insults . That really is the weak mans way to argue . Im guessing if I was sitting next to you having this discussion you would be trying to fight me or something . And judging by the way you handle yourself I would expect you to try to sucker punch me

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2015, 11:46:42 AM »
Sorry Monty, but you are lost. You think we should deal with the symptoms rather than the source of the crisis. Most people in this thread know what's up, and it's been explained in pretty simple terms.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2015, 12:42:58 PM »
Sorry Monty, but you are lost. You think we should deal with the symptoms rather than the source of the crisis. Most people in this thread know what's up, and it's been explained in pretty simple terms.

You know what , fair enough . Im gonna re read the whole thread and try to see more of where you guys are coming from . Ill post up maybe tomorrow with some questions for you guys . Seems most my posts here have been answering your questions , defending my stance

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2015, 01:44:50 PM »
monty burns is a genius, someone with some pull should inform world leaders about this thread
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

excitableboy

« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2015, 05:11:25 PM »

excitableboy

Yes it makes total sense to make sure people we take in get education , jobs , healthcare  . It makes no sense to just take them in
and not give them help . My point is we dont have the resources . The swedish government gave a statement yesterday that we cant deal with it . We have people sleeping in the streets . We have people sleeping on the floor in the Immigration office .
We already agreed on this. Twice.

Swedens government was not failing before this crisis . The government is saying we cant handle this . They are not saying our healthcare or schools are failing . They are saying we are not equipped to handle this and we need help
Exactly what I am saying. Sweden was indeed not failing, but you missed the point I was making in saying that. If indeed schols, to take an example, are already failing, this obviously can't possibly have anything to do with refugees. Because the budget and policies for education, or homeless shelters, or anything else you name, has long been decided upon and implemented. But never mind, again, we already agreed on Sweden taking in too many refugees and the EU's duty to do something about it. If it is okay with you perhaps we can now leave the highly current predicament of Sweden alone.

Right extremist are on the rise in the country . People are more and more voting for the extremist right . People are burning down refuge centers 

They are in my country as well. It sucks, but believe it or not, it's rhetoric like yours that is a large part of the reason for this. Must I remind you it isn't the asylum seekers who are burning them down, it's a small minority of overreacting Swedes targeting innocent people. (Innocent not only because they don't mean to fuck with the glorious Swedish lifestyle, but because they in actual fact don't.)

I can have it both ways , Sweden is a country that has it better then alot of countries , but we still have problems and its getting worse
Im not sure why you think I cant have it both ways . Whats so difficult to understand about that we cant give the immigrants what they need and want ?
Again, we went over this. You do have it both ways!

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I also understand you are being challenged by multiple people and it's hard to keep track, but if you read a bit more carefully I think you'll find we don't have so much disagreement. I steered clear of a discussion about the market with you for this very reason, that it would only lead to more confusion. But it is necessary to consider the bigger picture and it isn't naive to suppose and consider a moral basis behind policy, because as someone said earlier, legality is entirely founded upon morals and values. That people themselves often don't give a fuck about morals is true of course (burning down refugee centers, for example). But we are talking politics here, which is meant to hold society together in spite of our beastly behaviors. To say a country like Sweden, or the Netherlands, or the UK cannot deal with this problem economically, is demonstrably false. Because those countries have no problem helping out the (super) rich when they are in trouble. I think this is in a nutshell what Tufty and others are getting at.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2015, 09:53:54 PM »
I was gonna read through this again and ask some of you guys some questions and stuff but Im pretty much over it . Right now the media in Sweden have headlines like ( Headlines quoting government people , not sensational reporting )

Immigration office says theres no more room
Former Swe Foreign Minister says its chaos
Syrian Crisis is tearing apart government
9000 refuges a week coming to Sweden

Parts of the government Is asking people to take in refugees in their homes . I tried to make a example like that with Alan , who of the swedes care enough to take them into their house . Alan said something like thats a stupid example cause we pay the government to take care of them , but now its actually the government asking just that

Like I said before , The PM of sweden says we are over run , about 2x times over run and wants the EU to help out , but most countries say they are over run aswell . And alot of countries have a worse situation then sweden . There was a story about how we dont have even enough tents for the refugees . One minister told media that refugees in Germany shouldn't come here as we cant guaranty your safety

Expand Quote
You would let them into your apartment or house right away . How many of these refuges are you willing to move into your house ?
[close]

This is the dumbest comment of them all, and it gets spouted a lot on the internet. I am for free education, does that mean I have to teach kids in my house? I am for free medical insurance, do I need to treat people in my house? No, I am paying taxes so that these services are available to all, and it's the government's responsibility to provide them.

So it might be the dumbest comment of them all , but its just what the Swedish government is suggesting

Its kinda like this crisis is already destroying the government ( which was weak already from the start , the 2014 elections brought on a very weak gov ) and will cause Sweden huge problems

Ill leave you with that , and Im done . Thanks for some good discussions in this thread , was interesting
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 10:02:23 PM by Monty Burns »

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2015, 04:27:21 AM »
Now that this plane has been downed, things are going to start to develop differently...
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

excitableboy

« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2015, 05:30:22 AM »
Good, we can drop this bullshit about Sweden. ::)

It's interesting how the news report mostly on the threat of jihad to Europe, but not much is said about Russia. They have about 30 million muslims living there, most all of them Sunni's like those Russia is bombing now in Syria. Up to 10,000 of them are estimated to have joined IS. It's too bad we don't have (m)any Russians on the forum. Russian media suggest the US is behind the plane's downing and it's all looking pretty familiar, like a cold war-type of a situation.

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2015, 01:50:54 PM »
Sweden's security has been threatened so they've pull up the borders.

Looks like you might have been right monty

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/12/refugee-crisis-sweden-introduces-border-checks

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2015, 05:29:51 PM »
Maybe its because a far right party is  a second party in Sweden and government tries to satisfy the fascist self-preservation insticts of the Swedish voter. Well its cheaper and easier than accepting people and rebuilding the swedish social state for everyone..  
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 05:44:40 PM by Tufty »

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2015, 12:02:19 AM »
austria is close to building a fence at its border, slovenia started building one, hungary already has. good times over here.

still nobody thinks it might be an interesting option to actually make living in the refugees homecountries safe and interesting again. just build a fence.

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2015, 02:20:00 AM »
Maybe its because a far right party is  a second party in Sweden and government tries to satisfy the fascist self-preservation insticts of the Swedish voter. Well its cheaper and easier than accepting people and rebuilding the swedish social state for everyone..  

Refugees have been mixed up with immgrants for a long time, and the far right have taken advantage of the situation.  On a pracitical level from a western counties point of view,  if they both are on your border it's hard to tell if there which is which.

Unfortunately the idea of state intervention is on slide all over the world.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 02:59:32 AM by jonnysheen »

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2015, 03:58:15 AM »
  I am against the distinction between immigrants and refugees. Immigrants are fleeing economic war or the consequences of past wars while refugees a physical one that happens now. I am soon to be immigrant as Greece is destroyed without a physical war. I am forced to work here in jobs unrelated to what I studied for wages that dont allow me to live independently. I guess the situation in countries like bangladesh and afghanistan is worse.

I know how the far rights are taking advantage I saw it here with the rise of fascist Golden Dawn. The worst is not that they use the crisis to get an advantage but the fact that governments are implementing their agenda to satisfy the people that leave the governing party to vote the fascists. So even though fascists are not elected their ideas are governing the state.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1487
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2015, 05:20:45 AM »
austria is close to building a fence at its border, slovenia started building one, hungary already has. good times over here.

still nobody thinks it might be an interesting option to actually make living in the refugees homecountries safe and interesting again. just build a fence.

hungary built a fence to close its border, while slovenia and austria just build small ones to guide all of the refugees to a single point of border control (this is simply crowd control, nothing else).

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2015, 10:58:20 PM »

I was gonna stay out of this until Paris happend

Most Swedish Parties including Far right , moderate right , socialist party , far left , christian party and smaller ones were for the closing of borders . The PM of Sweden went from "All can come" , to "None can come" . I personal hope he resigns

With paris now , I kinda wanna know how many muslims were let into europe without background checks , or even luggage / backpack checks .