Author Topic: Paris suggestions  (Read 2238 times)

yeahisaidit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
Paris suggestions
« on: November 01, 2015, 03:11:05 PM »
Going to Paris (Europe for the first time) for Christmas. It'll only be for a week so I'll be staying in Paris and not going anywhere else. Any suggestions skate or non skate related are appreciated. I'll be going with my wife so it'll be 90 percent tourism and 10 percent take pictures of skate spots and an occasional "point the camera at me for a while." I'm guessing it may be a bit damp and a bit of snow? My short list of things I have in mind to see are Le Dome, republique, the louvre, walk along the seine, and stop at nozbone. If anyone minds sharing the following spots, the ones I'd like to see but don't know the names are the curvy blue up down ledges that nate broussard nose grinds in static 3, and the long downhill ledge that goes both frontside and backside, where I believe there is also a big three that rodrigo tx skates in menikmati. Thanks in advance for any help.

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Paris suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 05:41:15 PM »
Yo I see you, I was in Paris in January and am actually going back in a few weeks.  It rained once over the course of a week if that's any indication of winter weather.

I went to Nozbone; pretty chill and nice dudes who pointed me to a few spots.  Republique is amazing and you could easily waste a whole day there as well.  The long downhill ledges are at a plaza off of the Créteil - Préfecture stop on the 8 train.  You can lurk the plaza out by punching "Place Salvador Allende" into google maps.  Those are actually probably the best grinding ledges i've ever skated in my life but bear in mind that it's 45-60 minutes away from the center of town.  The red brick volcano banks are off that stop as well (12 Place Jean Giraudoux, 94000 Créteil, France on gmaps).

Tenterhooks

• Rep: 112
  • I love you x
    • http://davidgalletly.com avatar image
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 02:54:07 AM »
For non-skate, touristy (but worth it) stuff: Walk around / window shop in Le Marais (a super nice area), the two big skeleton rooms at the Museum of Natural History are amazing, go up and over Montmartre for a good view of the city (plus you'll pass the Moulin Rouge and stuff), the Pompidou Centre is pretty good for contemporary art, Deyrolle is a fucking crazy taxidermy shop (go upstairs), Shakespeare & Co is an English-language bookstore with a neat history, the Catacombs are nuts too if the queues aren't too long.

Don't forget open-top bus tours, corny as they are you'll see a lot of the city. Oh, and maybe keep in mind that the Louvre is pretty damn tedious but you kinda have to go at least once.

"Was I a hero? Maybe to Hero, I was a hero." - Doug Brown

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 03:45:35 AM »
The curvy blue spot is at Mairie d'Ivry close to the Maurice Thaurez parc. The Metro line is the 7.
The spot is cool but hard to skate because it's a downhill

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 11:04:58 AM »
louvre is so damn big.  I guess my tips are if your going to rent a bike use a credit card and not a debit card.  They held on to my funds for about a week. You'll probably spend a lot of time at republique if your skating.  Nozbone is a sick shop.  opera is a very interesting shopping experience i felt like i was at fashion week when i was there. majority of the spots i went to is off the 7 train.  tokyo palace paris the spot with the three and the small double set after is extremely cracked and may annoy you to skate.

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 11:26:51 AM »
Thanks for the spot help Artichoke and Turtle Boy and the recommendations Aatila and Tenterhooks. Much appreciated.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 12:28:24 AM »
it's strangely hot in Paris right now. I was skating there sunday and it was close to 20°!

anyways the other guys have already given you pretty good advice so I'll just add what I tell everybody: go cruise around. it's the best way to see the city and the sidewalks are butery smooth. Porte des Lilas to Republique (via Pere Lachaise cemetary) for instance is a fun downhill cruise.

also the dudes at Vega skateshop are cool, it's right next to the little Jemmapes skatepark, which is in a cool area for a night out, around le canal st martin.

oh a last one: this fun little street park was built a few years back, it's right in the Center (Bourse)

Minha Pista - Skatepark Cladel

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 04:36:18 PM »
it's strangely hot in Paris right now. I was skating there sunday and it was close to 20�!

anyways the other guys have already given you pretty good advice so I'll just add what I tell everybody: go cruise around. it's the best way to see the city and the sidewalks are butery smooth. Porte des Lilas to Republique (via Pere Lachaise cemetary) for instance is a fun downhill cruise.

also the dudes at Vega skateshop are cool, it's right next to the little Jemmapes skatepark, which is in a cool area for a night out, around le canal st martin.

oh a last one: this fun little street park was built a few years back, it's right in the Center (Bourse)

did you ever get a chance to skate that small park that volcom made i skated it for a few days skipped a day went after and it was gone? anyone know what happened to it?

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 04:40:23 PM »
The curvy blue spot is at Mairie d'Ivry close to the Maurice Thaurez parc. The Metro line is the 7.
The spot is cool but hard to skate because it's a downhill

Worth mentioning again how much fun this spot is
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 02:23:09 AM »
Expand Quote
it's strangely hot in Paris right now. I was skating there sunday and it was close to 20�!

[close]

did you ever get a chance to skate that small park that volcom made i skated it for a few days skipped a day went after and it was gone? anyone know what happened to it?

nah I didn't get to skate it.....and I don't know what they did with it, sorry. a friend told me it was pretty rad though.

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 11:10:34 AM »

Not sure if I took that exact route but I bombed from the Telegraphe stop down rue de belleville and it was a fun way to warm up the legs and get a few powerslides in.  Not crazy steep but steadily downhill with a nice drop off at the bottom where it's steeper.  It leads down to republique too.

I only got to skate a bit because of rain and marital obligations but the city is still amazing.  Have fun.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 12:08:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not sure if I took that exact route but I bombed from the Telegraphe stop down rue de belleville and it was a fun way to warm up the legs and get a few powerslides in.  Not crazy steep but steadily downhill with a nice drop off at the bottom where it's steeper.  It leads down to republique too.

I only got to skate a bit because of rain and marital obligations but the city is still amazing.  Have fun.

it's pretty close! my usual route was Porte des Lilas / Gambetta / Pere Lachaise / Republique. It's not as steep as the route you took so you can get some tricks in along with the powerlides.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 01:17:05 AM »
Hey frenchie, I'm coming back to Paris around January, can you tell me what are the current skateparks Inside paris?
I know there is one close to Bercy, and one close to Vega skateshop. But is there others?
I think I read something about a skatepark in the XXeme a long time ago?

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2015, 02:21:28 AM »
this one? Porte des Lilas.

http://www.ridethefire.net/fiche_skatepark.php?id_skatepark=175

From what I heard, it's fun but overrun by kids from the projects nearby.

The park at Porte de la Muette is pretty cool......good bowl. Hard to skate but good.

http://www.ridethefire.net/fiche_skatepark.php?id_skatepark=28

bonne session mec!