Author Topic: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)  (Read 58941 times)

Fongstarr.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2016, 11:42:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Anthony Johnsons knockout was amazing , just amazing and it will be a good fight vs DC . Have a hard time backing Johnson cause of his personal life stuff , but he is a good fighter

[close]

Wait.....what is with his personal life? I am not too in tuned with the UFC in that way.
[close]

Damn...that's fucked. I watched all the episodes of the documentries leading up to UFC 202 and the guy seemed like a cool dude for the most part. That always puts an odd asterisk on someone's name.
accusations of wife/girlfriend abuse, something about dog abuse as well

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2016, 08:56:56 AM »
Wait , how can some of you guys not be excited for a third fight between these guys ? both the last fights have been amazing and the third one will be the last one between them . A final fight . You know how much you can hype that up ? and its amazing fighting

Anyways , New weekend , New UFC !

UFC on Fox: Maia vs. Condit (UFC on Fox 21)

Demian Maia   vs.   Carlos Condit            
Anthony Pettis   vs.   Charles Oliveira            
Paige VanZant   vs.   Bec Rawlings            
Joe Lauzon   vs.   Jim Miller            

Sam Alvey   vs.   Kevin Casey            
Enrique Barzola   vs.   Kyle Bochniak            
Garreth McLellan   vs.   Alessio Di Chirico            
Shane Campbell   vs.   Felipe Silva            

Chad Laprise   vs.   Thibault Gouti            
Ryan Janes   vs.   Adam Hunter            
Alex Ricci   vs.   Jeremy Kennedy      

Care / Dont Care

Demian Maia   vs.   Carlos Condit            
Anthony Pettis   vs.   Charles Oliveira            
Paige VanZant   vs.   Bec Rawlings   

I Think Maia will take it , soon as he gets in close he is like a anaconda his BJJ is unreal . I Like Condit and Maia , I cant really pick
who I want to win . Both are super nice guys and good fighters . Will be a good fight

Oliviera might win this . I hope Pettis will win but hes lost 3 in a row ? and keeps changing camps , kind of like a shadow of his
former self . Not sure what happen RDA broke him ?

I think Paige will win and want her to win . Shes got a good attitude , she was getting her ass kicked by Rose but she still had a smile
on her face and never gave up really . Hope she has had time to improve and through the years will improve even more

Other fights I dont care for much but they might be good . Hard to top 202 right now

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2016, 08:19:29 PM »
Yeah wow, Conor vs Nate was insane.  So damn close.  I also knew they'd give it to Conor just because it would benefit everyone in the end.  Which sucks.  But apparently after his scratch pay, sponsors and ppv buy money he's getting something like 13 million.  Not bad for a guy who was getting 20/20k less than a year ago.  Good for him.  what a war though.  Fight of the Year easily.

Anthony Johnson is a monster!  I was sad Magny lost cause i love that guy, but damn Larkin looked impressive.  Those kicks were viscous. Shit.   And Cody 'NoLove' ugh, i can't stand him, but he is damn good.   I'm a Dom Cruz fan and would be very very nervous if they fought.  But if anyone can beat Cody at this point it's Cruz and his insane footwork.

So onto the next card in Vancouver (fights I care about anyways)

Maia vs Condit (both these guys are great, but I take Maia, his BJJ is too much for anyone to handle)
Pettis vs Oliviera (I like both these guys, but Pettis needs this win so badly, I think he gets it done)
Paige vs Bec (can't stand Bec, but I think she wrecks Paiges pretty face, sad to say)
Joe Lauzon vs Jim Miller (this will be fight of the night for sure!  Lauzon is the man, he takes it)
Alvey vs Casey  (It's smilin Sam's third fight in 3 months.  WTF?  I think he'll win)

Should be a good one

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2016, 07:59:10 AM »
I just have no interest in a third.  tired of the 145 belt being held up.  I would much rather see the alvarez fight or aldo 2.  Nate will lose the third too.  Diaz doesn't adapt. 

Maia will win as Condit takedown defense is not good and never gets better.  plus he starts so slow.  Condit is my favorite fighter but i can't see him winning.  Maia is to determined going for the takedown.

Pettis should take it but who knows, USADA hasn't made him look good.

Paige should take this one. 

Lauzon should win.  As I recall Miller won the last one but has slipped a fair amount since then.

Hopefully Alvey.  Casey seems to gas quickly.  Plus the whole self promotion to black belt that casey did was always kind of weak.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2016, 05:11:07 PM »
Miller did win the last time, and that fight was absolutely insane.  UFC just reposted it last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SavUamvUFPY

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2016, 07:48:21 AM »
Pretty great card overall.  Well, the main card anyways.

Paige's knockout kick, holy shit!
Really happy for Pettis, he needed that win badly, and to submit that guy was crazy.
Demien Maia, holy shit, that guys BJJ is untouchable.  Felt bad for Condit though.

And fucking shit, did Joe Lauzon ever get robbed.  I had it scored 30-27 for him, can't believe he lost to split decision.  Those judges sucked balls.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2016, 12:16:36 PM »
Happy for Pettis but he still looks abit shaky . Remember he was the champ . Maybe this can be a turning point for him , lets hope

VanZant , kinda torn the knockout kick was amazing , and kind of fun since bec was trash talking her . But She looked abit all over
the place , kinda lost at times and other times she looked in good control . But yeah amazing kick

Feel bad for Condit , Dude is amazing but I think most people knew that once Maia got ahold of him it was game over . He did it so easy
aswell . just shockingly easy , like a boa or a python , BJJ skills like no other . Think some MMA media said Maia has only been hit 14 times in the last 4 fights ...

The other fights were abit meeeeh , some good some bad .

So wonderboy or Maia will get the title fight . I think both can finish of woodley . I hope Condit doesnt quit , he could still challenge for the title and have other good fights . But He knows best

VanZant is ready for Joanna , I think she can win , She is mentally super tough and her kicks and scrappyness will make her beat JJ easy...

Yeah just kidding =p 

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2016, 06:47:09 AM »
you would think Condit would have spent a large majority of his camp on takedown defence.  for some reason it never improves.  It was not secret what Maia was going to do.  As soon as I saw him throwing kicks I knew it was going to be over fast.  the slow start and takedown defence are his fatal weaknesses. 

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2016, 08:55:42 PM »
you would think Condit would have spent a large majority of his camp on takedown defence.  for some reason it never improves.  It was not secret what Maia was going to do.  As soon as I saw him throwing kicks I knew it was going to be over fast.  the slow start and takedown defence are his fatal weaknesses. 

Yeah but at the same time how many players in the NBA were told to cover Jordan ? . Im sure going up against him they watched tapes , talked strat , practised it and then come game time  Jordan still ran and jumped over people .

Maia is arguably the best bjj guy in MMA today , not sure how much take down defence training will do you if you dont have a extensive BJJ background going back years and years

Or maybe Condit has reached his skill cap , maybe he cant make huge improvements anymore . Maybe in his mind there was no way he could get him down and he thought he would KO him

Mad Max

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2016, 02:53:02 PM »
Wasn't Condit's gameplan to elbow from the bottom?
Personally, since he got robbed of the title vs Lawler, I think Condit's lost that killer spark and is really thinking about life after the cage.

Demian Maia is awesome at jiu jitsu but I think the UFC are playing him because they don't want to have a middle aged calm family man as their champ. They're in the promo business and they want dollars.

That said if Demian gets his title shot I can see this being the second coming of a Royce Gracie era.

On a sidenote, he fought not that long ago but I'm keeping a close eye on Yair Rodriguez.

Oh yeah, and Conor needs to drop back down to 145 and defend his belt or vacate that strap.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2016, 10:20:35 AM »
But Condit has been fighting for 14 years, you would think the fundamentals would all be there.  but he always starts slow and has no takedown defence and it costs him.  I remember reading an interview where he said he didn't really train jiu jitsu, just used the fundamentals that he learned early on.  Seemed kind of ridiculous.  not every opponent is going to strike with you. 

I think Lawler would beat maia, his takedown defense is excellent.

the ufc said Conor will fight at 145 or vacate, they won't strip him.  I want to see the Aldo fight again.  I would also like to see him fight Pettis now that he is there too.

I am hoping Michael Page will have to fight Rory Macdonald in Bellator.  He seems to have a lot of potential but hasn't been fighting the best names.  Hopefully rory gets his nose fixed somehow though first.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2016, 01:28:25 PM »
Whats in it for Conor fighting Aldo again ?  He has to do a brutal weight cut , has to defend the belt , fight somebody he already beat in 13 seconds , and risk loosing the fight , the belt and his reputation. He just turned around the loss vs Nate

Fighting Nate again , fighting mayweather , or Eddie Alvarez would make sense . If the UFC strips him he can just say " I didnt loose the belt , they took it from me , Aldo ( or who ever ells will be champ ) is a fake champ . " . That will also let Conor mess with Aldo even more

Nate again would be a money fight which he can win and people will watch

Alvarez title fight , less weight cut , winnable fight and still lots of money. If he wins hes a 2 belt champ , or maybe just 1 belt . If he looses he can go down in weight class , fight nate or stay at this weight

I dont know about Condit , maybe he should have done more BJJ , maybe hes over it , maybe hes not good enough . I dont know .
I thought Condit won vs Lawler but its fair to say Im very biased when it comes to judging fights . But its not like anybody got robbed
in that fight . It was super close !

Think Rory Macdonald said on MMA hour that he is taking a year off to let his nose heal . I personally hope they build MVP up slow so he gets even fights and not tested too hard . Nice to see him dominate . Bad for Bellator to put him in vs somebody that would stop his hype
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:15:50 PM by Monty Burns »

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2016, 01:39:44 PM »
UFC Fight Night: Arlovski vs. Barnett

UFC Fight Night 93

will be held on September 3, 2016 at Barclaycard Arena in Hamburg, Germany.[1]

Andrei Arlovski   vs.   Josh Barnett            
Alexander Gustafsson   vs.   Jan Błachowicz            
Ryan Bader   vs.   Ilir Latifi            
Jakob Schniedelwutz   vs.   Tae Hyun Bang            

Jessin Ayari   vs.   Jim Wallhead            
Peter Sobotta   vs.   Nicolas Dalby            
Taylor Lapilus   vs.   Leandro Issa            
Wolfgang Schwannek   vs.   Christian Eichelk?se            
Scott Askham   vs.   Jack Hermansson            
Rustam Khabilov   vs.   Leandro Silva            
Ashlee Evans-Smith   vs.   Veronica Macedo

Care / dont care

Andrei Arlovski   vs.   Josh Barnett            
Alexander Gustafsson   vs.   Jan Błachowicz            
Ryan Bader   vs.   Ilir Latifi            
Rustam Khabilov   vs.   Leandro Silva            
Ashlee Evans-Smith   vs.   Veronica Macedo

I Like both Arlovski and Barnett . Hard to pick one since both seem like super nice guys but Ill pick Barnett cause I think Arlovski might be done . Think his chin is done . But it could be a damn good fight

Gustafsson cause Im swedish and cause hes gone through wars . Hoping he will win easy and show off his skill

Latifi , dude is a mountain , and hes swedish , knock out power . might be a super KO

Think Ive seen afew of Rustams fights , he always looks good ,

Macedo , cause I dont know .

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2016, 08:03:00 PM »
ah man, lots of good discussion up there that I missed out on.

Anyways, I'd love to see Conor fight Aldo again, but I don't know if it'll happen.  I still think Conor would win, but it would still be a completely different fight.  Aldo beating Conor would be the best thing ever though.   I'd love to see Petis take on Holloway, but I don't know who to cheer for cause i love em both.  145 is a pretty great division imo!

And yeah, that Paige kick, was kind of a fluke, cause she did look a little lost in that first round.

I think you guys are right, Carlos is over it.  Losing the decision to Lawler when 95% of the people watching it know you won must be pretty awful (I rewatched that fight recently, and it wasn't even close, judges suck).  Now to lose like this?  I love Condit, but his hearts not in it anymore.

Rory at Bellator is pretty exciting!  He says he's taking another year off to let the nose heal which is smart.  But in the meantime, I can't wait to see more MVP fights. 

Fights this weekend

Arlovski beats Barnett.  Both guys are great, but I think Arlovski wants it more.
Gustofson beats Blachowich.  He's just way more skilled.  DC and Jones both said he was their toughest fight.
Latifi beats Badar.  I've never seen Badar look impressive.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2016, 06:51:03 AM »
I don't really care what is in it for Conor, he is the champ at 145, defend the belt or give it up.  I want interesting fights  Nate will lose again, Alvarez will win, the Aldo fight is the most interesting.  As Aldo said, it wasn't a fight last time.  He was champ for 10 years or whatever he deserves and has earned the rematch.  The UFC said they won't strip conor.

I like MMA and don't watch boxing partly because there is matchmaking and not cherry picking of opponents by managment.  Though  with Joe Silva leaving matchmaking could get interesting.

It will be interesting to see how much the overeem fight deflated arlovski, he had a lot of momentum going into it.  I think this fight could go either way.  hard to tell.

should be an easy fight for gustaffson

I think Bader will win but who knows Latifi looks amazing sometimes and kind of lost others.

Mad Max

« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2016, 08:08:05 AM »
Yeah not sure about Latifi. He seems like a good prospect but then everything goes pear shaped.

Bader probably wants/needs the win more to prove something to DC.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2016, 10:14:19 AM »
Seems like everytime Bader is there to prove something he ends up unconscious

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2016, 08:04:34 PM »
damn, was I ever wrong, Badar's knee finish was BRUTAL.  Damn!

Glad to see Gustofson won, even if it wasn't pretty.

Poor Arolvski.  First min of that fight was insane, then it got pretty boring.  Ah well.

Excited for 203 now.  Very curious to see how quickly it'll take CM Punk to lose

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2016, 09:58:06 AM »
Forgot who said something about Jon Jones , but I hope he never comes back . Dude is a scumbag outside and inside the octagon. The eye pokes and the kicks towards the knees , random other shit . Then outside the drugs , PEDs , multiple traffic violations

and then the hit and run where he collides with the pregnant woman , runs away , runs back ( and has a shot to redeem himself ) but only runs back to grab his drugs and money . Avoids police until he sobers up and then hands himself in ... Dude should be doing years in prison

Gustafsson didnt look himself . And he has said multiple times hes looking for his passion , and cant find it . He didnt seem super stoked on the win either. People got bored during the fight . I was never a big supporter of him so . DC and JJ fight were awesome though

I kind of liked the Veronica Macedo fight , she was showing some nice kicks but maybe UFC first time jitters ? or Ashley was just too good ?
Shame she didnt get the win

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2016, 10:09:28 AM »
UFC 203: Miocic vs Overeem   will be held on September 10, 2016 at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio

Stipe Miocic (c)   vs.   Alistair Overeem
Fabr?cio Werdum   vs.   Travis Browne            
CM Punk   vs.   Mickey Gall            
Urijah Faber   vs.   Jimmie Rivera            
J?ssica Andrade   vs.   Joanne Calderwood            

Jessica Eye   vs.   Bethe Correia            
Nik Lentz   vs.   Michael McBride            
Caio Magalh?es   vs.   Brad Tavares            
Ian McCall   vs.   Ray Borg            

Yancy Medeiros   vs.   Sean Spencer            
CB Dollaway   vs.   Francimar Barroso            
Drew Dober   vs.   Jason Gonzalez   

Care / Dont Care

Stipe Miocic (c)   vs.   Alistair Overeem
Fabr?cio Werdum   vs.   Travis Browne            
CM Punk   vs.   Mickey Gall            
Urijah Faber   vs.   Jimmie Rivera            
J?ssica Andrade   vs.   Joanne Calderwood            

Jessica Eye   vs.   Bethe Correia            
Nik Lentz   vs.   Michael McBride            
Ian McCall   vs.   Ray Borg   

I cant pick between Overeem and Miocic , I like both . Maybe I like Stipe better ? hes a real good guy but ... Overeem might win

I really dislike travis browne . I guess most people do right ? Werdum will take this

Punk vs Gall , umm Gall I guess hes younger and better and nobody knows anything about Punk ? this is a real spectacle , bellator style ... Ill still watch it .... 

Faber is always a good watch I think          

Andrade vs Joanne Calderwood . Guess my fav fight of the night , Joanne is one of my favs , She is super cute and super dangerous . Real contender for 115 and future 125 champ . Not sure she can ever beat Joanna but she can be nr 1 contender for sure . Super nice knock out vs L?tourneau

Eye vs Correia , For some reason I like watch Correia loosing , not real feelings for Eye but hope she wins

Ian McCall aka uncle creepy , love him , dudes a frequent guest on JRE and the fight companions , interesting and funny dude

Will be a amazing card and a great night !       

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2016, 07:56:06 PM »
yup 203 is looking amazing.  definitely going to buy that one.

Stipe vs Overeem  Like both guys, but I think it's Overeems time.  Plus that heavyweight belt is cursed and nobody can defend it.  Would be happy if Stipe won for the home crowd though.

Werdum vs Brown  Werdum is one of my favs, and Travis Brown is one of my most hated.  Lately in these situations I'm always disappointed and my fav fighter loses.  Ugh it hurts.  I think Brown will win, and I hate that.  Hope I'm wrong.

Punk vs Gall  If CM Punk lasts more than 1 minute I'll be shocked.  Video of his sparring looks terrible.  Definitely curious of this one though.  Who knows, maybe he'll surprise us all.  But Gall is no joke and will most likely destroy him.

Fabre vs Riviera.   I have a love/hate with Fabre, but he's scrappy as hell and still has a lot of fight left in him.

Andrade vs Calderwood.  Love Calderwood, you're right, she's such a sweetie, so likeable.  But damn did you see Andrade's last fight?  She looked terrifying.  If you haven't seen it, track it down.  Scary stuff.  I think she wrecks Calderwood.  And I predict she's the next champ at strawwieght.

Mad Max

« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2016, 06:51:00 AM »
I know Stipe's a good guy, fighting in his hometown and all but Overeem is a beast and he wants that belt.
Really hope Werdum gets the win. The hype of fighting in a Brazilian got to him I reckon. I used to like Brown but since he switched to Edmond's gym, I can't help but see los after loss...
Did anyone see CM Punk say he was cursed in the Cleveland stadium? Dude's lost already but I don't think he cares. He got in a cage and had a fight and that's all he wanted to prove. If he wins, who does he fight next because the division is pretty stacked. The only way I see him winning is by being a human blanket thanks to his wrestling background - which shouldn't be neglected.
Gunning for Calderwood even though Andrade does look like a beast.

Cowboy vs Lawler at Madison Square Garden - Woo hoo!

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2016, 11:45:09 AM »
Wow, McCall just can't get all the way to a fight.  injuries or opponents dropping out every time. 

Cowboy is in trouble but he has looked really good so who knows.

I like Stipe, Overreem works as a bully but I don't think he can do it to Stipe.  Heavyweight is so crazy though.

Werdum embarrassed brown last time so hopefully he can do it again.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2016, 12:43:35 PM »

Watch that first round, Travis almost finished him with a big shot.  After that, it was all Werdum, but still, that's why I'm so damn nervous.  Heavyweights can always knock each other out at anytime.

Also, yeah poor Mr. Creepy

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2016, 01:04:29 PM »

Andrade vs Calderwood.  Love Calderwood, you're right, she's such a sweetie, so likeable.  But damn did you see Andrade's last fight?  She looked terrifying.  If you haven't seen it, track it down.  Scary stuff.  I think she wrecks Calderwood.  And I predict she's the next champ at strawwieght.

That fight was a easy one for Andrade . Not because she is that good , but because Joanna broke her.  Look at Jessica Penne ,Carla Esparza and
Val?rie L?tourneau . They all looked very different in their next fight after Joanna . Specially Penne and Esparza who both took long time offs and came back looking horrible

Penne didnt do a single thing in the fight vs Andrade , just took it. Joanna is a monster

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2016, 01:55:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That fight was a easy one for Andrade . Not because she is that good , but because Joanna broke her.  Look at Jessica Penne ,Carla Esparza and
Val?rie L?tourneau . They all looked very different in their next fight after Joanna . Specially Penne and Esparza who both took long time offs and came back looking horrible

Penne didnt do a single thing in the fight vs Andrade , just took it. Joanna is a monster

Yeah Joanna is such a monster no doubt.    And I agree, Penne already looked broken before punches even started getting thrown in her last bout.  But either way, I think Andrage is going to destroy JoJo.  And I love JoJo

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2016, 09:34:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Watch that first round, Travis almost finished him with a big shot.  After that, it was all Werdum, but still, that's why I'm so damn nervous.  Heavyweights can always knock each other out at anytime.

Also, yeah poor Mr. Creepy

Yeah I would have to rewatch it I just remember the standup gymnastics thing werdum did.  Heavyweight is so crazy. 

I hope Werdum is back to his best, I have always liked him.

HeadInLionsMouth

• Rep: 139
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2016, 12:07:34 AM »
Setting aside the odds and expectations against him, CM Punk not shaking Mickey Gall's hand was fucking baller.  Lots of people do it, but Punk did it right.  Gall looked shook.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2016, 12:19:58 PM »
Setting aside the odds and expectations against him, CM Punk not shaking Mickey Gall's hand was fucking baller.  Lots of people do it, but Punk did it right.  Gall looked shook.

Agree.  That was pretty badass!  Gall did look shook.  Maybe CM lasts longer than 1 minute after all

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2016, 03:49:15 AM »
Soooooo abit ups and downs this card but overall really good

so first of all vanessa hanson and Chrissy Blair were looking awesome like always =p

anywho !

I totally slept on the Yancy Medeiros    vs Sean Spencer. When I saw the preview fight footage of them I knew it was gonna be a great fight . Medeiros from Hawaii and walking out to skrillex , dancing and singing along . Dude is a bad ass and it was a great fight . Adding him to my fav list for sure

Bethe Correia vs Jessica Eye. I dont know , I guess we all wanted Eye to win but her record is not good . Bethe didnt really do anything in the fight that a better fighter then Eye could have totally run over her

J?ssica Andrade vs Joanne Calderwood . Well I guess Jessica did her job but boring fight as fuck , she just went in there and laid ontop of her and JoJo got up too quick , I guess not that experienced on the ground and got caught . Could have been a great stand up fight but no
Jojo took no damage and she seemed ok about it . She will be back . Joanna would have merked Jessica

Jimmie Rivera vs Urijah Faber boring fight , and Faber might be done , he looked alot better vs Cruz . Nothing more to say

Mickey Gall vs CM Punk Fun fight ! . But like Joe Rogan said . Mickey is a brown belt BJJ vs a white belt . Thats a no brainer . Gall could have done what he wanted with Punk . I think Gall said he had been boxing and wrestling since he was a kid too . Punk has 2 years of training MMA . But it was a fun fight

Fabr?cio Werdum vs Travis Browne Well this was a weird one . Started of so good , flying side kick to the FACE and a amazing round by Werdum . And then it all became boring and the 2 last rounds were ...  But happy Werdum won

And holy shit Werdum kicking Edmund hahahaha

Stipe Miocic vs Alistair Overeem  Great fight !! so many twists and turns . Stipe is damn good , looked calm and took his time , had to chase abit but he did it .  Those punches in the ground and pound were HARD , you could see Overeems head bouncing around and brain shutting off .  KInda bummed about the interview Overeem and Joe did after , Should have left him alone and not push the " tapping " issue

All in all , great card . Clevland crowd was pretty good and they sure showed up for Stipe

Time to watch post show stuff !!! .  Oh and Ill just throw in that while most TUF season are crap , this most recent TUF 24 . First eps looked very good ! . Gonna watch it this season and see whats up
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 03:54:34 AM by Monty Burns »