Author Topic: Barcelona  (Read 2412 times)

Kitto Horsley

Barcelona
« on: March 02, 2015, 05:15:28 AM »
A few friends and myself are hoping to go to barcelona, but due to uni holidays and work etc. the only times we could go are mid june or late august/early september.  Is it going to be to hot to skate during periods, espcially in the day.  And also where is good to stay in relation to spots or at least transport to spots?

Appreciate any help.

EAT PUSSY!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 29
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Barcelona
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 08:09:14 AM »
yep, hella hot during the day.

i would definitely stay near Gotic, close to everything and the nightlife.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 06:28:24 PM »

I agree with everything said here.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 10:17:24 AM »
 Prefer early september. So you can utilize the whole day. Summer in the mediteranian sea is very hot during the day. You should definately stay at the historical center. This is where the most famous spots and the life are. but Imo the best spots are hidden in the outskirts. Study the skate maps floating around the net, there are hardly any spots that you cant go using the subway. Remember barcelona is a bit downhill so the best strategy is to head for the last station of a metro Line and downhill from spot to spot, until you reach the historical center at the end of the day. During that you may find spots that are not mapped or well known. Its crazy.

Personally I have gone in Barcelona in May and October. Night life was almost non-existant (compared with greek nightlife) but the spots were uncrowded too. For example friends that went there during june couldnt skate universitat even after midnight while when I went there was no one skating or hanging there after 21:00.  Even in May it was kind of hot skating in the daylight but it was sufferable.

Dutch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 02:15:51 PM »
going end of september, looking for a cheap hostel for a friend, any recommendations?

Roro1

• Rep: -38
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 02:53:27 AM »
How much is cheap?

matureoftheocean

• Rep: 56
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 09:47:55 AM »
not related so much but does anyone know where's the spot at 2:04 ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fccDc04TKp8
looks fun and I never seen it before, couldnt find it on any of the skatemaps I checked..  ???
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 10:19:39 AM by matureoftheocean »
SUOMI | FINLAND | PRKL www.fat1937.blogspot.com

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 03:16:47 PM »
going end of september, looking for a cheap hostel for a friend, any recommendations?
Check hostelworld.com I've seen some pretty good ones going for like $15 a day. You can also do airbnb and rent out an apartment for pretty cheap. I'm planning going next June.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 06:09:49 AM »
I would opt with air bnb or checkout Hotwire, I rented some amazing rooms for very cheap under 50 a night.  Summer time is almost certainly too hot to skate in the day, the humidity is awful.  Barcelona has more spots than the entire us, so finding them are easy the skahateyou site is a great tool.  Remember the grocery stores are super cheap to get food and beer and if you are wanting to eat out I suggest bodabee sandwiches near the main post office, also by a very famous bank spot. 

Dima

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2015, 01:46:23 PM »
Prefer early september. So you can utilize the whole day. Summer in the mediteranian sea is very hot during the day. You should definately stay at the historical center. This is where the most famous spots and the life are. but Imo the best spots are hidden in the outskirts. Study the skate maps floating around the net, there are hardly any spots that you cant go using the subway. Remember barcelona is a bit downhill so the best strategy is to head for the last station of a metro Line and downhill from spot to spot, until you reach the historical center at the end of the day. During that you may find spots that are not mapped or well known. Its crazy.

Personally I have gone in Barcelona in May and October. Night life was almost non-existant (compared with greek nightlife) but the spots were uncrowded too. For example friends that went there during june couldnt skate universitat even after midnight while when I went there was no one skating or hanging there after 21:00.  Even in May it was kind of hot skating in the daylight but it was sufferable.

After living in for 4 years Barcelona I would disagree with most of this, especially staying in Ciutat Vella(Old city,historic centre or whatever you want to call it.

If you wanna be amongst all the other million(literally a million) tourists in the center surrounded with a shit load of police and yes they are strict about even cruising on the streets in downtown and the most blown out spots and just go to manolos everynight, go ahead.

But if you are actually interested to see Barcelona for what it is, stay somewhere bit uphill from the centre and if you want nightlife just go to gracia which is not packed with rip off prices and elderly people with fanny packs.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 05:14:52 AM »
 When I went (October and early May) center was not that packed. The only packed place was Las Ramblas and worst place in Barcelona indeed. I have heard from friends that during the summer the situtation is way worse.

I came to center only to sleep I was mostly to Gracia for the night. However living in the center is convenient because it is downhill almost from anywhere. The downhill after getting a little drunk in Gracia to center was the best memory I have from my trips there.