Author Topic: Zip Zinger Nano for Niece's Christmas Decks!?  (Read 957 times)

drasp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Zip Zinger Nano for Niece's Christmas Decks!?
« on: November 26, 2015, 06:47:41 PM »
I've got two tiny nieces who have recently taken an interest in learning to skate. Have already done some basics on pushing/turning/stopping & they're both having a blast & doing well right outta the box. Both tough girls with plenty of grit, and both could use the outlet. Their Mom is super sweet & supportive, but wanted to snag them Walmart setups for fear they wouldn't get used. Of course we can't have that, so I'm building them something better for Christmas. . .

Was thinking the little Zip Zinger Nano w/ Ricta Clouds would be pretty dope & offer a good mix of flexibility & last them a while.

Thoughts!?

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
Re: Zip Zinger Nano for Niece's Christmas Decks!?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 11:47:54 PM »
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 03:50:58 AM »
Real has made some extra small board for younger kids
http://www.realskateboards.com/img/fall15/rs/12-rs-fall15-d2-starting-line-desktop-1200.jpg

Does Element still make the twig? I'm barging in just to know the options of smaller-sized decks.

drasp

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 04:31:11 AM »
Real & Krooked are both Generator, right? I'm not nuts about the art on either one, but probably like the idea of the more cruisey/shaped direction. . . Any more ideas?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 06:43:19 AM »
almost makes some of the DC super hero decks in a mini complete. I've been wanting to get my niece a board too, but I cant find a mini graphic she'd be stoke to ride

drasp

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 07:09:16 AM »
I know Powell Peralta makes mini completes too, my Son has a Cab Dragon that's not bad. I'd rather build them something than go complete though - they're gonna enjoy softer wheels a LOT more than the stuff that comes with most completes. And we can swap 'em to F4s or something if either of them get gnarly. ;)

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 07:37:07 AM »
Scumco had the rinky dink jr. it was a complete, they may still have some online?
p-shuvs and v-flips

drasp

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 08:07:50 AM »
Yes!!! I should've mentioned those - totally gorgeous. Almost TOO cool? LOL Want one for myself though. . . Those black eggs, the Trackers, so choice.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 08:34:25 AM »
I'm thinking about something, maybe kinda kooky, but bear with me. Colorful griptape could be appealing for the kids, even more so than any graphics. I think that, as long as you don't pick a horrible graphic or anything particularly gross or dumb, the little girls will love it.  A nice sheet of grip in a bright color would make it stand out for them. Make it look like a fun, colorful little toy. They'll look more at the grip than at the graphic, at least if they use the boards for what they're meant for. And just like the wheels, you can change it when the time is right.

drasp

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2015, 08:41:16 AM »
Totally agree. I have a feeling stickers may be involved as well, maybe some paint markers!?