Author Topic: US picnic tables  (Read 4678 times)

Butterz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
    • http://instagram.com/swanfuck_inc avatar image
US picnic tables
« on: November 27, 2015, 05:21:33 AM »
how tall are these picnic tables that a lot of people skate in footage in America?

I am fascinated by seeing some crazy tricks over it (switch back 360 ??? ??? ???) and just want to know a rough idea of how tall they actually are as I'm not from America

cheers  :P

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: US picnic tables
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 06:46:57 AM »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Zdizzle

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 03:34:24 PM »

straight

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 06:51:05 PM »
^ where's the street clip?

BAZOOKA7

• Rep: -5
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 09:23:55 PM »
the picnic tables ur referring to are only in cali school yards (i think). i am from the east coast and never seen any picnic tables like that so i am also curious how tall they r

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 06:48:53 PM »
how tall are these picnic tables that a lot of people skate in footage in America?

I am fascinated by seeing some crazy tricks over it (switch back 360 ??? ??? ???) and just want to know a rough idea of how tall they actually are as I'm not from America

cheers  :P
the picnic tables ur referring to are only in cali school yards (i think). i am from the east coast and never seen any picnic tables like that so i am also curious how tall they r

This obviously depends how tall you are but they are a bit taller than knee height. Without a ruler, my best estimate would be about 30-33 inches tall. For a reference, if you were sitting on the bottom part of the table, a grown man would not be able to fit their thighs through the bench and table top sitting forward, so they are low. However the challenge of skating a table (over a table) is in the width. I've skated the top of a (mini table) and it's still a bit of a challenge with the mental obstacle of the bench being there, but have never skated over a table.

guest1234

• Rep: 3
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 11:35:03 AM »
Most of the picnic tables people are skating (over) are at California elementary schools.  They are very small.  Like already mentioned, a regular sized person (pretty much anyone skating it) couldn't even fit their legs in and sit down.  Still very impressive to do tricks over it (again, already mentioned length) but keep the proper perspective.

ohhgreenworld

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 12:47:18 PM »
Living in Arizona, I was always completely dumbfounded when I would see tricks in videos done over picnic tables. I was comparing them to the tables in my town which are huge. I got to california and was just laughing at how small the tables are there. They are so puny compared to anywhere else. I am a filmer, and I had now problem grinding and sliding the top of these tables for ants. However, popping tricks over these tables is no easy feat, its just not as gnarly as originally thought prior.