Author Topic: Epicly Later'd Ali Boulala  (Read 41996 times)

Wizard Fight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
Epicly Later'd Ali Boulala
« on: November 28, 2015, 08:52:37 PM »
Coming next week:

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Epicly Later'd Ali Boulala
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 08:56:58 PM »
 ;D

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -299
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 10:36:26 PM »
Hell yes. He has such a story to tell! I just hope the episodes are in depth like the Kakis ones.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 11:02:38 PM »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 05:26:48 AM »
I'll be watching that one for sure.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 05:34:05 AM »
one of my all time fovourites! looking forward!!

OldmanEpic

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 05:38:52 AM »
Fuck this guy

He killed his fuckin friend

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 06:55:30 AM »
  the kid signed his own shit..   I'd say the same about you old man epic if you got on the back of a scooter being driven by someone off their fucking face.  (btw downer comment there dude.)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

OldmanEpic

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 07:15:01 AM »
  the kid signed his own shit..   I'd say the same about you old man epic if you got on the back of a scooter being driven by someone off their fucking face.  (btw downer comment there dude.)

Yeah sure, responsibility goes mainly to the driver.

Shane was fuckin stupid too

Only in skateboarding can you be a legend, and be a fucking killing alcoholic at the same time

Fuck ali. Hes a piece of shit

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 08:50:42 AM »
Expand Quote
 the kid signed his own shit..   I'd say the same about you old man epic if you got on the back of a scooter being driven by someone off their fucking face.  (btw downer comment there dude.)
[close]

Only in skateboarding can you be a legend, and be a fucking killing alcoholic at the same time

one love - positive energy - lets get it
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:53:39 AM by zuma »

RCBCSC

• Rep: -9
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 09:06:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You sound like a great person old man.  Have you ever heard of forgiveness?  It's a noble quality to have and shows great strength and maturity in a person.  Do you think Ali intentionally "killed" his friend?  I'm not condoning what happened but we all make mistakes in life and it's people like you who perpetuate the problem by being uncompassionate imbeciles.  You'll find you can live a much happier life if you learn to let go of grudges, especially for people you don't even know.  But I'm sure you've never made a terrible decision in your life that has had drastic consequences right?  One can only hope that when you do( and you will if you already haven't), the people close to you will be a little wiser than you are and still extend their love. 

doublesteveburger

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 09:12:52 AM »
Old Man, you're bumming people out pretty bad.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 09:43:53 AM »
Fuck this guy

He killed his fuckin friend

Nearly 'killed' himself too.

PsychOut

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 10:05:09 AM »
Old Man, you're bumming people out pretty bad.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2015, 10:42:41 AM »
OldManSeptic

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2015, 11:13:29 AM »
For the sake of attitudes expressed here, it should be very interesting to see how Ali is now and how the accident changed him forever.
They touched on the situation in Arto's EL but will be more in depth I am sure.

OldmanEpic

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2015, 12:41:34 PM »
Just a bad night fellas

My apologies

Ill remove my tampon now

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2015, 01:46:07 PM »
lol for an old man u sound like u have zero life experience but what can u expect from internet commenters

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 02:03:39 PM »
Always a big fan of  Ali, this should be very interesting

OldmanEpic

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2015, 02:20:59 PM »
lol for an old man u sound like u have zero life experience but what can u expect from internet commenters

Does having friends and family members killed by drunk drivers count as "experience"?

shark tits

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2015, 02:29:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Does having friends and family members killed by drunk drivers count as "experience"?

only if the drunks were on mopeds/motor scooters. otherwise you're out of your depth.

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2015, 02:45:00 PM »
oldmanepic is like 100 posts deep and is actually one of the worst slap posters in recent history

aaaaaaand ... he's gone

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2015, 04:43:48 PM »
I really want to see that. It's strange to imagine that the most info about his current health state that can be found online is some Swedish sob story TV show. I really wonder how he's doing, I wonder if he's still able to cruise around and shit. Boulala was one of a kind.

alecjahr

• Rep: -108
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2015, 05:10:25 PM »
Boulala should've never been pro. That being said I loved that dude when I was younger.

labor

• Rep: -39
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2015, 05:11:33 PM »
This is a tragedy, quite obviously. But simply calling this guy a murderer - which he is not - is unhelpful. Shane's death was terrible but he decided to get on that scooter with an obviously intoxicated Boulala. I've gotten in cars with people who were intoxicated before and its a huge mistake which I do not wish to repeat.  I've also driven while intoxicated, something I've done rarely and have no pride in.

The point is that most adult posters here have (1) driven drunk or (2) elected to get in a car with someone who is drunk. Both are mistakes. The loss of Shane is horrible to everyone, especially his family. Ali served his time and lives with the scars of the experience both figuratively and literally. No one is blameless in these situations. Let the man tell his story and stop castigating him with the charge of murderer - a charge he was not given, bears no resemblance his actual crime (culpable driving), and just seeks to sensationalize a real sad story for all involved, including Ali.

I'm guessing most people on here have gotten in a car with a person who is intoxicated or has driven a car or vehicle under the influence. If so, cut your bullshit. This is a sad story, and Ali knows more about its grief than you do. So please watch the epicly laterd or dont. Otherwise, shut the fuck up.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 05:30:14 PM by labor »

MonistatOne

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2015, 05:19:55 PM »
His situation is most definitely unfortunate.  Not going to blame him entirely, I guess.  Yes he chose to get intoxicated, but he had no idea what was about to happen (some will argue he should've been totally cognizant of what would've happened- I guess I can't really disagree with them).  I guess it's just a part of being a substance engaged euro brah living the alternative lifestyle, e.g. in terms of skating, (at least IMO) Boulala was at the top of the game during the Sorry era. From the interviews I've seen with him it seems like he's matured to an extent and whitnawt.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2015, 05:29:13 PM »
Quote from: alecjahr  link=topic=88544.msg2411724#msg2411724 date=1448845825
Boulala should've never been pro. That being said I loved that dude when I was younger.

That's crazy talk. Dude's kit was positively weak and embarrassing, that pretty much goes without saying, but his skating is absolutely undeniable.

Plus he graced the universe with "My Hass Is Out".
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2015, 06:04:26 PM »
Expand Quote
oldmanepic is like 100 posts deep and is actually one of the worst slap posters in recent history
[close]

aaaaaaand ... he's gone

better to burn out than to fade away

kingpinuser

• Rep: 54
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2015, 06:05:05 PM »
 My father was walking on the sidewalk ( AGAIN WALKING ON A SIDEWALK ) and a drunk drive jump the curb went onto the sidewalk and hit him. My dad did survive after about a year in hospital. The women drunk driver did not take any responsibility for her actions and fought it as hard as she could, she came from money and hired the best layers to get out of the situation ( she got a slap of the wrist ).

Ali took full responsibility and did not fight any of the charges, I was in Melbourne living before he was incarcerated and got a chance to see him at a neckface art show, he was struggling physically, and i can only imagine mentally as well. Talking to people who know him in the weeks/months that followed I was told that a lot of Shane's family and friends didn't want Boulala to go to jail but again he wanted to except his punishment for this tragedy.

Seeing and reading what he post on Insta and his blog about living a sober life and knowing/excepting that he was/is an addict shows that yes, it took a tragic event that ended one persons life, but at least the person who did take full responsibility for this event is never going to have this happen again and works everyday to never be the chemical dependent addict he once was.

I bet the Women who hit my dad never thinks while she's out for drink  how hard it is for my father to do something as simple as go for a walk.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:59:48 PM by kingpinuser »