Author Topic: Jamaica  (Read 938 times)

pabloalvarado

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
Jamaica
« on: November 26, 2015, 06:41:54 PM »

Should I bring my board ? Im definitely going with my guitar to play Redemption Song in front of that statue on the Bob Museum. How about the streets ? Or just pack sandals ?

Someone with tips about Jamaica ? Skate or not relate !

8)

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 08:17:39 PM »
Depends how long you're there for. My cruise ship got re-directed to Ochos Rios which was sketchy, locals were very friendly they love tourists. Was only there for a day so besides waterslides and college girls at the bar, skating wasn't really an option.

They LOVE Marley, he's everywhere. Jamaicans would be stoked if you played Marley. Very good food in Jamaica too, like really, really good. I'd say if you're there for a few days don't bring your board, couple weeks I would. Skating is not a thing in Jamaica, so unless you like waxing shit and skating alone there's better things to do.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 09:04:04 PM »
Thank you Tracer !

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 01:49:06 PM »
I've only been to Negril for any considerable length of time, and flew in and out of Montego Bay, but skating in the smaller towns isn't much of an option. There were some ledges near a market but the pavement was terrible. I brought by board once and didn't really end up skating at all. I'm sure with some more effort and in more urban areas you could find some spots though. Beautiful scenery and the people who live there are mostly great, just be wary of scam artists just like anywhere else. I'd recommend just hanging out and enjoying the beaches and cheap booze/weed.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 10:14:27 AM »
I've only been to Negril for any considerable length of time, and flew in and out of Montego Bay, but skating in the smaller towns isn't much of an option. There were some ledges near a market but the pavement was terrible. I brought by board once and didn't really end up skating at all. I'm sure with some more effort and in more urban areas you could find some spots though. Beautiful scenery and the people who live there are mostly great, just be wary of scam artists just like anywhere else. I'd recommend just hanging out and enjoying the beaches and cheap booze/weed.

Thank you sir. This is going to be a vacation with no skateboard and thats also cool.  8)

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 11:06:14 AM »
make sure u take some photos of yourself playing ur guitar there for ur sig
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

skate_spbr

• Rep: -2
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 06:07:20 AM »
Thank you Tracer !
That might be the first (and only) time I've seen these three words together on this forum

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 05:46:27 PM »
make sure u take some photos of yourself playing ur guitar there for ur sig

Im sticking with Marc, Louie and Jerry for a while.  8)