Author Topic: Plantar fasciitis on pushing foot?  (Read 5267 times)

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • All we like to listen to is Barry Manilow.
Plantar fasciitis on pushing foot?
« on: December 08, 2015, 04:14:38 AM »
Hello, everyone. Lately I've been feeling pain in the inside of my pushing foot, right by the muscle of my big toe. Google sez this is something popularly called "turf toe". The ligament/tendon/whatever hurts when I push, almost as if I'm overstretching it.

Does anyone have any experience with it? Treatments, workarounds for the pain, suggestions on what to work on. Thanks in advance.

-----

Edit: Found out it might be something else. What I feel is eerily similar to plantar fasciitis, based on what I found online. I have booked an appointment with an orthopedist, and am trying to follow advice such as massaging the sole with something round, being more careful with footwear, trying to cut the inflamation short with anti-inflamatory medicine, and generally taking it easy for a while. Bleh.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:35:56 AM by 20matar »

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • One Trick Pony
Re: "Turf toe" on pushing foot?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 04:24:21 AM »
Right near the ball of your foot? All of today ive had a stabbing pain come and go there and it looks as if theres brusing on the knuckle part

20matar

• SLAP Pal
Re: "Turf toe" on pushing foot?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 04:41:24 AM »
Not at all, it's more like something in the middle of the foot and in the sole. Right by the inside of it. It starts right *before* the knuckle. I feel no pain in my heel or the toes themselves, and it only happens in my pushing foot, and not the front foot. Dr. Google say it could be plantar fasciitis, but I feel no pain in the heel or in the outside of the foot.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
Re: Plantar fasciitis on pushing foot?
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 12:48:45 AM »
Probably the lack of arch support and and putting too much weight on your foot.
I suggest taking a few days off and doing the rolling thing to relax your arch. Definitely wear comfortable shoes and try to lay off the pressure.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 05:03:06 PM »
Definitely rest until you're feeling good about it again.  I've had plantar fasciitis the last 4 years and it fucking sucks.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 02:35:49 PM »
Welp. I guess resting is what's on the menu for now. Hopefully I'll have something good to comment here later on. Thank you both for the advice and the insight.

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 01:11:18 PM »
Too lazy to look it up but there's a few stretches you can do that'll really help. My family used to have a huge Kaiser handbook and I found them in there haha

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 05:26:20 PM »
I've had this a couple of times. If you're a student or work a job where you sit at a desk, bring a golf ball around with you and roll it back and forth on the floor with the arch of your foot apply light pressure. It'll hurt but it helps.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 01:55:48 PM »
I've had this a couple of times. If you're a student or work a job where you sit at a desk, bring a golf ball around with you and roll it back and forth on the floor with the arch of your foot apply light pressure. It'll hurt but it helps.

It does hurt. I just hope it's something manageable. My healthcare provider just went tits up and I need to find another, regardless if I can make the switch without starting over from scratch or not. Brazil is going down the shitter. My foot is getting "less worse", but it's still far from good. Pushing properly hurts. I'm on break from the university where I work at, and I really want to skate, so I'm trying to figure out what to do. Maybe try to get a good switch push.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 347
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 03:00:53 PM »
I was getting this really badly from Chuck Taylors.  Switched to a wider shoe and it resolved itself in a few days.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 05:05:35 AM »
i have high arches and had this.. i got a little spiked roller for your feet- it works amazing. that and using a resistant band to do some foot stretches. i also only skate cupsoles, i have some vulcanized shoes to chill in that are flat and after a few hours my feet hurt.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2015, 06:39:04 PM »
Today I decided to go around town to see what's what. I skated for 30 minutes and I didn't even feel my injury. So I guess it's stable enough now and that I just should keep treating it and taking it easy. It was a relief. I'm currently playing with the spiked ball right now. Life goes on, I figure. Thank you everyone for the advice. I'll see a doctor by the end of January, I have a laundry list of problems I want to see taken care of.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 01:38:25 PM »
I have had plantar fasciitis on my pushing foot a few times and it was just an overuse injury after ramping up skating time.  If that's what you have then I recommend taping up your foot every time you skate until it goes away.

This technique works for me:

Ice the bottom of your foot and take some ibuprofen after you skate and things should get better pretty quick.

Two weeks of the above and I am usually good to go. 

Filecabinet

• Rep: 0
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2016, 01:01:10 PM »
Another good technique is to take a full plastic water bottle and freeze it. Then roll it under your foot. It's like combining the icing of the foot and the golf ball massage all in one. Hope this helps.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 11:31:01 AM »
I as well have this in my push foot. It actually gets worsened by working on my feet all day in work boots.
But I do believe years of skating in Old Skools did not help.

I honestly only ever do anything about it when im going to skate

method 1: I have a like strip of rubber that I got from walgreens and put that across the middle of my foot (under) and stretch stretchstretch

method 2 (more effective so far): tennis ball. tennis ball on your floor and roll the middle of your foot on it every direction for like 10 minutes. I can skate for a few hours if I do this without the pain.

My push foot is also a bad ankle from rolling it 100 times but the ankle doesn't really bug me
GANG ! GANG ! GANG ! GANG ! GANG ! GANG ! GANG ! GANG !

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
  • illinoying
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 04:26:47 AM »
anyone delt with hallux rigidus ? Dont really know what to do at this point about it

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 01:22:04 PM »
Hey guys. I'm sorry for the low content post, but I'm officially back to my normal life. The foot is kinda iffy and I'm still waiting for my appointment, but the tips keep things manageable and stable. Thanks, everyone.

layzieyez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2016, 05:01:43 PM »
anyone delt with hallux rigidus ? Dont really know what to do at this point about it
That shit sounds terrible. Does it manifest as arthritis for you? Did you inherit it genetically?
I take everything I said back. The board hit me in the nuts for the first time ever today, because i was wearing these shits.