Author Topic: teflontwuan and Knox Pro again?!  (Read 17003 times)

tiltmode43

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: teflontwuan and Knox Pro again?!
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2015, 10:11:34 AM »

#in4myownpromodelboard

But really, this thread is a perfect reminder of how social media has evolved marketing and is a perfect example of how social media marketing works.  Not only has this post potentially reached Anwuan's 154k followers and garnered 4.3k like, but this thread has been viewed 1.6k times.  That's a heft number of impressions and explains why his pro board should be no surprise.

Sales are derived from consumer reach.  If an individual matches your brand image and has a large reach of relevant consumers (i.e. 98% of Antwuan's followers probably have some interest in skateboarding), then you'll be able to get your product seen with a lower monetary investment.  Once upon a time, a company would have to financially back the marketing of an individual via ad placement, touring, etc. and because of this, they would (usually) choose where to invest by exemplary basis.  No longer is it about who can pull what trick down which set or rail, all you need is an ounce of peer respect, some hype, a lot of followers, and the ability to consistently generate content.

It's almost like it's turning into long-term bespoke product placement / modeling.
Quote from: Frank
busenitz skating so fast as if he was on the autobahn

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2015, 12:29:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

#in4myownpromodelboard

But really, this thread is a perfect reminder of how social media has evolved marketing and is a perfect example of how social media marketing works.  Not only has this post potentially reached Anwuan's 154k followers and garnered 4.3k like, but this thread has been viewed 1.6k times.  That's a heft number of impressions and explains why his pro board should be no surprise.

Sales are derived from consumer reach.  If an individual matches your brand image and has a large reach of relevant consumers (i.e. 98% of Antwuan's followers probably have some interest in skateboarding), then you'll be able to get your product seen with a lower monetary investment.  Once upon a time, a company would have to financially back the marketing of an individual via ad placement, touring, etc. and because of this, they would (usually) choose where to invest by exemplary basis.  No longer is it about who can pull what trick down which set or rail, all you need is an ounce of peer respect, some hype, a lot of followers, and the ability to consistently generate content.

It's almost like it's turning into long-term bespoke product placement / modeling.

Ill agree with somethings here , but to be fair  Likes , followers and views do not equal sales .  People add others on facebook all the time without talking to them ever again , people like random posts and pictures without looking at it ever again . Some people add and like stuff just to get adds and likes for their own stuff

What company did these guys go pro for ? will they ever have footage again ? will anyone ever by these boards ? what shops will stock them ?

Kony2012 is a great example , people were sharing , people were liking and poking and stuff . It was one of the biggest social network thingys , but it just disappeared as fast as it came about . And most of the people who supported the campaign  forgot about it , and dont know the first thing about the situation today . And most never cared more then a like

jomeara1

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2015, 12:52:30 PM »
So who's next?  Evan Hernandez?  Justin Case? Greg Myers?

jimi420

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2015, 01:39:16 PM »
That's it. I've had it. I'm turning myself pro.
Slap Pro Team. 3 pros, 3 ams, who would it be

shit_for_brains

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2015, 01:41:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If we're going to have such a small team, I'd be more than happy to move to the legends division so I don't have to try very hard. I have some grey hair so I think I'm qualified.

jomeara1

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2015, 01:51:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

If we're going to have such a small team, I'd be more than happy to move to the legends division so I don't have to try very hard. I have some grey hair so I think I'm qualified.

I'll be the standard pro (or am) who eventually gets kicked off and ends my career from drug/alcohol abuse

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2015, 02:05:44 PM »
So who's next?  Evan Hernandez?  Justin Case? Greg Myers?

darrell

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2015, 02:25:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Tobey- super am

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2015, 02:29:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I'll be the standard pro (or am) who eventually gets kicked off and ends my career from drug/alcohol abuse

i'll be the Kelly hart of the team, and not go pro until I'm 30

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2015, 02:32:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Tobey- super am
For sure. Brave Ulysses has my vote as another am, and Tay as the third.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2015, 02:35:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Tobey- super am
[close]

Yeah I was thinking Brave Ulysses, and Tay gets my vote too.

Edit: Is it 144p that post some ridiculous stuff in the Old Guys post up here thread? If so he's on the pro team.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 02:37:27 PM by SodaJerk »

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2015, 02:39:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Tobey- super am
[close]

[close]
Yeah I was thinking Brave Ulysses, and Tay gets my vote too.

Edit: Is it 144p that post some ridiculous stuff in the Old Guys post up here thread? If so he's on the pro team.
Wait till you see my shit in the pals video, Ill be pro for Moocha in a second.

Mikey

• Rep: -8
    • Mikey Duran Photo avatar image
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2015, 02:41:10 PM »
does this mean because i have a skateboard company I can be pro too?! finally!

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2015, 02:43:12 PM »
does this mean because i have a skateboard companyinstagram account I can be pro too?! finally!

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2015, 02:45:56 PM »
I'd buy a tobey board, Gipper extra slow bearings, ice nine medicated socks...

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2015, 02:50:28 PM »
JSoy pro ellipses, layzieyez professional DVD copier? I think?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 02:55:27 PM by Allen. »
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

tiltmode43

• Rep: 1
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2015, 07:33:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

#in4myownpromodelboard

[close]

Ill agree with somethings here , but to be fair  Likes , followers and views do not equal sales .  People add others on facebook all the time without talking to them ever again , people like random posts and pictures without looking at it ever again . Some people add and like stuff just to get adds and likes for their own stuff

What company did these guys go pro for ? will they ever have footage again ? will anyone ever by these boards ? what shops will stock them ?

Kony2012 is a great example , people were sharing , people were liking and poking and stuff . It was one of the biggest social network thingys , but it just disappeared as fast as it came about . And most of the people who supported the campaign  forgot about it , and dont know the first thing about the situation today . And most never cared more then a like

This is very true!  Internet users have ADD while online and this only increases on FB, IG, etc.  However, from a marketing standpoint, a percentage of likes/views/shares do become sales.  This concept is the backbone of monetizing adspace.  Those ads at the top corner of Slap are valued based on the number of impressions (either views, clicks, or a combo of the two - forums are usually based on views though).  Same goes for boosted posts on facebook ('sponsored' posts you may see).  Believe it or not, on the most basic level, the company who placed that ad is paying for it to pass your eyes while you're scrolling down your news feed.  If you clicked on of these ads, they paid much, much more for that click.

The thing about Kony2012 is that it was static, which is why content generation is important.  There was no 'new' Kony2012 content being pushed, and it was something of a fad.  Someone like Twuan, if he's posting new & relevant content on a regular basis and maintains his core audience, he can will continue to be talked about because people seem to love him.  Hell, the fact he's only had 1-2 real parts yet we're talking about him now proves the point in itself, haha.

Thx for letting me geek out a bit on marketing btw ;D
Quote from: Frank
busenitz skating so fast as if he was on the autobahn

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2015, 07:58:55 PM »
Fuck it lets just make a SLAP company. First pros are four wheels and justis, PETE will be our social media guy, and we will sell the SLAP PALS video in select skate shops. You know only in Supreme and Zumiez

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2015, 08:12:17 PM »
There is already a company you are talking about that makes anyone pro................Magenta

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2015, 12:18:49 AM »
Since he blocked me on IG can someone post a picture of said pro deck?  If that's what it is?  Thanks.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2015, 12:29:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

i'll be the Kelly hart of the team, and not go pro until I'm 30

I don't know why you aren't pro already, you've got five parts post under your belt. That's a lot for an am these days.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2015, 12:31:20 AM »
Since he blocked me on IG can someone post a picture of said pro deck?  If that's what it is?  Thanks.
Antwaun blocked you? HAWRED.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2015, 03:45:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

#in4myownpromodelboard

[close]

[close]

This is very true!  Internet users have ADD while online and this only increases on FB, IG, etc.  However, from a marketing standpoint, a percentage of likes/views/shares do become sales.  This concept is the backbone of monetizing adspace.  Those ads at the top corner of Slap are valued based on the number of impressions (either views, clicks, or a combo of the two - forums are usually based on views though).  Same goes for boosted posts on facebook ('sponsored' posts you may see).  Believe it or not, on the most basic level, the company who placed that ad is paying for it to pass your eyes while you're scrolling down your news feed.  If you clicked on of these ads, they paid much, much more for that click.

The thing about Kony2012 is that it was static, which is why content generation is important.  There was no 'new' Kony2012 content being pushed, and it was something of a fad.  Someone like Twuan, if he's posting new & relevant content on a regular basis and maintains his core audience, he can will continue to be talked about because people seem to love him.  Hell, the fact he's only had 1-2 real parts yet we're talking about him now proves the point in itself, haha.

Thx for letting me geek out a bit on marketing btw ;D

That Kony campaign always made me think of this brilliant press ad some friends of mine made. I think they have a point.

'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2015, 08:42:44 AM »
Some little kids think that I own a skate shop around here, so that's gotta count for SOMETHING.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2015, 11:14:06 AM »
Can I be the dude who's below-par but gets discounts on product or the stuff no one wants in their boxes each month? Because that's basically what I am to SLAP.

2thick

• Rep: -63
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2015, 11:17:43 AM »
I'll be the Sean Pablo of the team. Not that great but gets away with it for some reason 8)

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2015, 11:58:01 AM »
I'll be the Sean Pablo of the team. Not that great but gets away with it for some reason 8)

watch the new FA/Hockey vid, Sean Pablo is incredible

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2015, 02:29:21 PM »
This reminds me earlier this year I got on the blue line train and saw Chatty,Knox and Knox's girlfriend day drinking vodka and beers.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2015, 03:17:29 PM »
how many board companies is twuan on?

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2015, 04:17:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

watch the new FA/Hockey vid, Sean Pablo is incredible

Incredible may be overstating the case, credible maybe