Author Topic: chad tim tim on christianity  (Read 15241 times)

smokecrack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
Re: chad tim tim on christianity
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2015, 04:01:01 PM »
Expand Quote
I'll never understand why these topics exist. Tim Tim is a Christian, as many people and skateboarders are. I really don't understand why it's always looked down upon. Would you have started them topic if he were Muslim, Hindu or Buddhist? Probably not because then you'd be called a racist for saying it "weirded you out", but since he's Christian he's fair game. I don't get the double standard here.
[close]
Because it is a culturally dominant religion that thrives off of proselytization. Want to practice your religion? Fine, just don't fucking push it on me. And being a non-christian in America means CONSTANT attempts to convert you and questions about the validity of your faith. That's not a stereotype about Christians- its a rule they are supposed to follow.
At this point, we all know about Christianity, we know all of its pros and cons. Those of us who aren't buying what you are selling aren't doing that because they are confused. The fact that Christians are SO in-your-face about their beliefs and the fact that they think any other beliefs are wrong is gross, particularly as a majority.

As far as other religions? Aside from scientology and the mormons, which are absolutely the same in terms of proselytization, people tend not to put up youtube videos about the fact that they are that religion, that they are superior because of their religion, and that you need to join their religion or be tortured for eternity. If you put yourself out there as superior, get ready for people to tell you to go fuck yourself.

But let's also keep it simple- white power is a racist call for a dominant culture to maintain its dominance, so its fucked. Black power is a call for more power in a system that represses black people, so its not. Same thing goes with Christianity and other religions- if you are the dominant cultural group, and you insist on pushing your ways on others, you are just a dick.

I don't have a problem with your average christian, but once proselytizing comes into play, or the bullshit "war on Christmas" faux oppression bullshit, you can go fuck yourself.

Side note- did that video acknowledge the dude is only christian because of a bad acid trip? Seriously?! That's hilarious.

yeah, not sure about that....

ISIS發布最新影片 驚見中華民國國旗!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2015, 04:18:41 PM »
They're like vegans, crossfitters, and runners...they get their validation from something outside of themselves and just have to tell someone about it.

Those 3 groups are nothing like Christians and I'm sick of the comparisons. For starters running, crosssfit and the suffering of animals are things that actually exist and aren't based on faith. I'm not gunna hate on a christian for believing in something greater than themselves but that is a very different kettle of fish to someone standing up for the welfare of animals and/ or being into health and fitness.
Please let me know a time/ date when I can come round to your house and kicks your pets' heads in okay? When you try and stop me, I'll tell you to stop being so being such a preachy zealot ::) I also just mosey on by when I see/ hear about organized dog fights and such; to each their own brah, you live your life how you want to and I'll live mine :-*
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 05:56:29 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2015, 04:36:44 PM »
How many pro skaters have found Jesus while on an acid trip? hahaha

ICUSUCKA

• Rep: -11
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2015, 07:47:19 AM »
In my humble opinion most religions are a good thing. The real meaning in most of them is all about love, and not being a big douche bag. Its moronic greedy people who twist it up and use it for their own agenda or personal gain that skew it. But, those people who propagate it for wealth, war, and hatred are the furthest from the true meaning. We are all God's (whatever that means to you) people and deserve respect, rights, and freedom's.

On the topic of Tim Tim. He's been killing it for years and that Trio part is my favorite of his by far.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2015, 07:56:22 AM »
I remember Austin Stephens was a big Christian, but said that traveling and being pro exposed him to things that made him reconsider his beliefs. I thought Tim Tim had said the same sort of thing.
Im a ghost that everyone can see.

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2015, 07:57:21 AM »
In my humble opinion most religions are a good thing. The real meaning in most of them is all about love, and not being a big douche bag. Its moronic greedy people who twist it up and use it for their own agenda or personal gain that skew it. But, those people who propagate it for wealth, war, and hatred are the furthest from the true meaning. We are all God's (whatever that means to you) people and deserve respect, rights, and freedom's.

On the topic of Tim Tim. He's been killing it for years and that Trio part is my favorite of his by far.

God condones slavery, so I don't know why you think God's committed to your Western political rhetoric.
If anything, he's into bronze age tribe politics and its slave economy.

That everyone thinks God agrees with their politics and morals just shows that we create God in our image, not the other way around.

That Trio part was bangin
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:59:08 AM by 4LOM »

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2015, 08:01:19 AM »
God loves Hot Pockets and Hostel Pt. II
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 08:05:53 AM by fulltechnicalskizzy »

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2015, 08:05:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

God condones slavery, so I don't know why you think God's committed to your Western political rhetoric.
If anything, he's into bronze age tribe politics and its slave economy.

That everyone thinks God agrees with their politics and morals just shows that we create God in our image, not the other way around.

That Trio part was bangin

Exactly. That should end any all debates about religion and where it comes from but for some reason it doesn't. Religon, god, all that are obviously manmade.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2015, 10:18:46 AM »
100% agree with everything gipper said.

If you think Christianity is a good thing and can't see how much damage it's caused you are truly a fucking idiot. Being a passive Christian just means you're lazy or don't have much faith in your imaginary friend and his death cult. The book Christians follow orders them to preach relentlessly. To abandon their life before Jesus (including material possessions and unbelieving family members). A good way to prove most Christians don't truly have faith in their bullshit religion is to ask them for a large sum of money, or perhaps their home or car. "Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back." Luke 6:30

And why doesn't god ever heal amputees? When a Christian gets cancer and undergoes chemo and surgeries performed by human doctors they are always quick to give god the credit for recovery. It's strange how god only heals people that go to doctors.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2015, 10:27:52 AM »
THIS IS NOT A TROLL POST

Is there a difference between being Catholic or begin a Christian?
I grew up in a Catholic family and i barely know that religion but I thought they were the same?

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2015, 11:00:10 AM »
Catholicism is the form of Christianity that rose up in Rome and predominated in Western Europe until the Protestants said we're tired of giving the Pope all our money and we don't believe in all the rites that Catholics do or that Mary is a deity. But it's the same religion only with different practices. Eastern Orthodoxy is also Christianity.

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2015, 12:34:12 PM »

If you think Christianity is a good thing and can't see how much damage it's caused you are truly a fucking idiot. Being a passive Christian just means you're lazy or don't have much faith in your imaginary friend and his death cult. The book Christians follow orders them to preach relentlessly. To abandon their life before Jesus (including material possessions and unbelieving family members). A good way to prove most Christians don't truly have faith in their bullshit religion is to ask them for a large sum of money, or perhaps their home or car. "Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back." Luke 6:30

And why doesn't god ever heal amputees? When a Christian gets cancer and undergoes chemo and surgeries performed by human doctors they are always quick to give god the credit for recovery. It's strange how god only heals people that go to doctors.

Pretty sure Christianity has done a couple of good things in the history of the world.    For one it promotes altruism.  Personally I prefer the rule of law than religion, but before that there was  gap in the market for morality/ethics and some religions filled that.   i guess what i'm saying it gave the world order

bo golden

« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2015, 01:03:48 PM »
Dear Lord,

Please end this thread.

Amen

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2015, 11:27:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Pretty sure Christianity has done a couple of good things in the history of the world.    For one it promotes altruism.  Personally I prefer the rule of law than religion, but before that there was  gap in the market for morality/ethics and some religions filled that.   i guess what i'm saying it gave the world order

To say that people would not have been moral beings or altruistic without religion is not only wrong, it's insulting.