Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1222850 times)

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #4260 on: September 25, 2018, 01:59:48 PM »
just wondering, has anyone tried Indy 144’s on an 8”? I only skate 8” but want a wider truck, but don’t wanna waste the money if they are too wide.

that will definitely be fine. i know people that skate 149s on an 8

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4261 on: September 25, 2018, 08:14:52 PM »
This is the truck thread for chrissakes.....they set up perfectly if the 8 is 8.25.....another way it would work is if you skate with both testicles outside of your pants......

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #4262 on: September 26, 2018, 12:33:51 PM »
This is the truck thread for chrissakes.....they set up perfectly if the 8 is 8.25.....another way it would work is if you skate with both testicles outside of your pants......

Haha true, but this is skateboarding where guys who haven’t grown out of the early 2000’s who might rip are riding 7.6/7.8 trucks on an 8/8.25 and still backing brands that aren’t relevant and outdated like lucky bearings and destructo trucks

So I mean, as long as your not hot doggin it like a crazy long board I think your safe
yes

UK TM

• Rep: -6
« Reply #4263 on: September 26, 2018, 03:03:59 PM »
https://www.routeone.co.uk/latest/thunder-titanium-lights-147-high-team-trucks-3.htm

£100/$130 for trucks!!! Do these things do the tricks for you? Insane!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 11:52:38 PM by UK TM »

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #4264 on: September 26, 2018, 05:35:20 PM »
Ask your team riders, you cunt.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

NJFly318

• Rep: 3
« Reply #4265 on: September 26, 2018, 05:48:27 PM »
i know this is most likely been asked and answered but i cant find it - do krux bushings fit ib venture highs???

just bought the raw 5.2 highs and not keen on the stock bushings

thanks

I ride Venture 5.8 highs with Indy white super soft bushings, great feel and smooth turn. They are inexpensive and easy to find.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #4266 on: September 26, 2018, 07:21:37 PM »
Expand Quote
i know this is most likely been asked and answered but i cant find it - do krux bushings fit ib venture highs???

just bought the raw 5.2 highs and not keen on the stock bushings

thanks

[close]

I ride Venture 5.8 highs with Indy white super soft bushings, great feel and smooth turn. They are inexpensive and easy to find.

I just got the dlx bushings for my venture highs but the Indy ones are prob easier to fine

Horsemeat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #4267 on: September 26, 2018, 08:02:02 PM »
Swapped the thunders for some Ventures.  Had a horrible first session yesterday.  Hopefully today is better

Do the ventures have the same noseslide/tailslide issue with the baseplate as the thunders do? Is that really an issue?

Venture has some of my current favorites, Yaje popson and Max garson, on the team, so I'm a little curious. I really like thunders though, out of all the trucks I've tried.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #4268 on: September 26, 2018, 08:35:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Swapped the thunders for some Ventures.  Had a horrible first session yesterday.  Hopefully today is better

[close]

Do the ventures have the same noseslide/tailslide issue with the baseplate as the thunders do? Is that really an issue?

Venture has some of my current favorites, Yaje popson and Max garson, on the team, so I'm a little curious. I really like thunders though, out of all the trucks I've tried.

The baseplate extends out in the same way Indy's does

hey pickle

« Reply #4269 on: September 27, 2018, 04:50:26 AM »
yup just as i imagined, copped venture 5.8 raws and not feeling em. need indys..

£40 posted if anyones interested. one session, barely any marks on em. can send pics

BMCsteve

« Reply #4270 on: September 27, 2018, 04:58:46 AM »
yup just as i imagined, copped venture 5.8 raws and not feeling em. need indys..

£40 posted if anyones interested. one session, barely any marks on em. can send pics

I suggest giving them a few sessions.  I'm glad I didn't toss mine after the first horrible session

hangontoyourego

« Reply #4271 on: September 27, 2018, 07:15:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I suggest giving them a few sessions.  I'm glad I didn't toss mine after the first horrible session

Yeah man don’t just toss em , give it a few sessions . My buddy is always changing it up and nvr happy . I’m always like you’ll get used to it . New trucks new & new bushings gotta break em in . Don’t give up !

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #4272 on: September 27, 2018, 09:28:16 AM »
The noseslide/tailside "issue" with Thunders is really not an issue. I was letting it bother me for a while but it's been exaggerated on here a lot I think. I noseslide and tailslide with Thunders just fine. It mostly depends on the shape/texture of the ledge and your technique whether you're gonna slide or stick.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 09:29:47 AM by baustin »

hey pickle

« Reply #4273 on: September 27, 2018, 09:42:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah man don’t just toss em , give it a few sessions . My buddy is always changing it up and nvr happy . I’m always like you’ll get used to it . New trucks new & new bushings gotta break em in . Don’t give up !

youre right dudes, ill keep with em. thanks!

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #4274 on: September 27, 2018, 10:24:33 AM »
Also worth trying taking the bottom washer off if you like them really loose. I think hangontoyourego suggested that to me in the set up thread. Tried it out with Indy super soft bushings and it’s fucking awesome. Still not sure if I’d like them on transition but the on the street they’re pretty damn nice.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #4275 on: September 27, 2018, 11:06:40 AM »
Also worth trying taking the bottom washer off if you like them really loose. I think hangontoyourego suggested that to me in the set up thread. Tried it out with Indy super soft bushings and it’s fucking awesome. Still not sure if I’d like them on transition but the on the street they’re pretty damn nice.

Yes ! Taking the bottom washer off is the way to go . The Indy white bushings are the way to go .

anon

« Reply #4276 on: September 27, 2018, 02:29:37 PM »
i've always skated without a bottom washer but i wonder if it's bad for the pivot cups as it puts the hanger in a position such that it digs into them. anyway, i'm not sure it matters since i've had the same blown out pivot cups for a while and it doesn't affect performance. although maybe they'll last longer otherwise

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #4277 on: September 28, 2018, 12:21:43 AM »
i've always skated without a bottom washer but i wonder if it's bad for the pivot cups as it puts the hanger in a position such that it digs into them. anyway, i'm not sure it matters since i've had the same blown out pivot cups for a while and it doesn't affect performance. although maybe they'll last longer otherwise

Probably would be better to shave down the top bushing as much as the bottom washer is thick but that’s a lot more work than getting rid of the bottom washer. 🤔

anon

« Reply #4278 on: September 28, 2018, 12:51:40 AM »
Probably would be better to shave down the top bushing as much as the bottom washer is thick but that’s a lot more work than getting rid of the bottom washer. 🤔
yeah, that takes ages and i think it makes your trucks squeak because dirt can cling on easier to the sanded down surface -- fuck that

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 975
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #4279 on: September 28, 2018, 04:33:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Probably would be better to shave down the top bushing as much as the bottom washer is thick but that’s a lot more work than getting rid of the bottom washer.
[close]
yeah, that takes ages and i think it makes your trucks squeak because dirt can cling on easier to the sanded down surface -- fuck that

Uh, no.

How loose do ride to get dirt on the top or bottom of your bushings? Bombing dirt trails with no washers?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 03:04:33 PM by Xen »

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #4280 on: September 28, 2018, 05:29:44 PM »
I had my monthly truck crisis the other day and switched back to my forged Thunder 147s from my Venture 5.2 highs and holy shit I can't stand Thunders. The turn on them is great and all, it's just that I am wholly incapable of doing any nose/tailslide on them due to the tiny little baseplate. Switched back to my Ventures w/ Indy super soft bushings (the white ones) and I'm not looking back to thunders any time soon.

anon

« Reply #4281 on: September 28, 2018, 06:21:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Uh, no.

How loose do ride to get dirt on your  bushings? Bombing dirt trails with no washers?
i meant debris, like the stuff that can get in your bearings. i think i read somewhere that the debris rubbing around is what causes the squeaking

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #4282 on: September 28, 2018, 10:55:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Uh, no.

How loose do ride to get dirt on your  bushings? Bombing dirt trails with no washers?
[close]
i meant debris, like the stuff that can get in your bearings. i think i read somewhere that the debris rubbing around is what causes the squeaking
It’s ok, 40 year olds who haven’t skated outside of a pristine park for the last decade don’t remember what the streets do to boards.

You’re still wrong though. They squeak brand new and clean too. It’s just friction, the plastic against the metal.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4283 on: September 29, 2018, 07:49:18 AM »
Explain why hand soap makes it better? 

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #4284 on: September 29, 2018, 09:40:13 AM »
Because it acts as a lubricant, reducing friction between the metal and plastic?

😂 you think you use soap to clean?

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #4285 on: September 29, 2018, 01:31:15 PM »
I think I finally found my holy grail. Krux 8.5 with the new Ace bushings.

Ace absolutely nailed it with this bushing combo (86a bottom, 91a top). It's like whole new trucks, smoothest turn ever, soft but solid. Imagine Ace's but the last 20% of the turn got progressively harder. So still not a super sharp turn, but very little wheel bite and amazing feel. They were slightly taller than the stock bushings so I think that's playing a big part (I had to use the Ace washers or they lipped out). Highly recommended for Krux users.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4286 on: September 29, 2018, 05:29:11 PM »
Of course....for every ten ace with krux, there will be one krux w. ace.....

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4287 on: September 29, 2018, 07:46:34 PM »

Shave it up and put it in between all your bushings and pivot cup. I did this to my latest Indy's. Hate that squeak.

IHOP

« Reply #4288 on: September 29, 2018, 08:34:47 PM »
I had my monthly truck crisis the other day and switched back to my forged Thunder 147s from my Venture 5.2 highs and holy shit I can't stand Thunders. The turn on them is great and all, it's just that I am wholly incapable of doing any nose/tailslide on them due to the tiny little baseplate. Switched back to my Ventures w/ Indy super soft bushings (the white ones) and I'm not looking back to thunders any time soon.

I had this same issue so I skated a homies board for awhile, with indys, and honestly didnt feel much difference with tailslides, i think its just mental, your wheels are gonna be on it no matter what.  My biggest problem was wheelbite which I just put risers on for and after a little getting used to I really like.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #4289 on: September 30, 2018, 08:15:32 AM »
Of course....for every ten ace with krux, there will be one krux w. ace.....

It's the bushings. I bet they would work great in a lot of trucks. I have the Ace V3 on my other setup and I like them a lot (especially the turn), but the weight and wheel base of the Krux are better for me now that they turn the way they do.

People still rockin' Krux bushings in the Ace V3?