Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 293417 times)

rob

• Rep: -87
  • Lance Mountain
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #840 on: June 26, 2016, 05:07:31 AM »
update on the mini logo trucks if anyone cares

the baseplate shape how its hollowed out inside around the kingpin and pivot area actually makes them significantly lighter, crazy as it is lighter than thunder 147 hi standards and thunder lights, maybe the same weight as hollow lights or ti lights. but bottom point the hollowed out baseplate and i think hangar shape actually make the truck pretty light but not stupid light. the perfect light weight that helps you feel your board still and flip it without losing a breath.

the extended shape of the baseplate so your wheels dont make contact for nose and tail slides actually helps, did a couple of noseslides and damn they slid easy and controlled. very beautful. just wow this is a pricepoint truck? they slid smooth

they are as i mentioned before very similar to thunders, they respond very quick and nice like thunders on the turn and all but dont have that kinda creeky mushed turn thunder has at times when the bushings are acting up. the mini logos work best with either a bones medium top no washer and the stock bottom or better yet for the best turn and repsonse just swap to bones mediums with your choice of top washer or not(i kept it on so i can keep it flush and not grind down the threads) and they are really really nice, like a quicker more turny thunder

sorry i keep mentioning thunders but its just cause besides indys being a top seller, thunders are used the most in the street skating scene. if you look at all the best street skaters most of them ride thunders. even the people who arent sponsored by thunder ride them. i noticed youness is riding thunder hangars on venture baseplates, koston off indy and rides thunders, chaz ortiz rides thunders, nyjah rides thunders, andrew brophy and ben fisher, cory kennedy, all these guys arent on the team but they ride them cause thunders are the best street skating trucks. all the best guys are on thunders too. chris cole, ishod, busenitz, shane oneil, tom asta, most of the REAL team, frank gerwer, chris pfanner, the chief, miles silvas, nakel, bryan herman, ed templeton, billy marks, marc johnson, sean malto, the list goes on.
yes

layzieyez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #841 on: June 26, 2016, 06:08:13 AM »
As an added bonus, if you wanna pound out the kingpin to do the krux downlow mod, then the mini logo trucks are the easiest kingpin to pound out. Also, you can fit in a small wrench to better tighten your trucks after performing the kingpin modification.
I take everything I said back. The board hit me in the nuts for the first time ever today, because i was wearing these shits.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 665
« Reply #842 on: June 26, 2016, 08:28:06 AM »
Yeah, my friend has a set and I like how they turn.....Powell may have some stuff you may not like preference wise but quality is usually good...

jamersonbass

• Rep: 11
« Reply #843 on: June 27, 2016, 06:47:24 PM »
Bought some white Thunder 90 bushings for my 149 II's out of curiosity, namely people on here saying they're better than the stock ones despite being the same durometer. I was probably just having an "on night" but I have to say I really like them.  Coming from riding Indy 149 Ti's I really don't miss anything with the Thunder 149 II's with stock or aftermarket bushings. 

rob

• Rep: -87
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #844 on: June 27, 2016, 08:16:14 PM »
Bought some white Thunder 90 bushings for my 149 II's out of curiosity, namely people on here saying they're better than the stock ones despite being the same durometer. I was probably just having an "on night" but I have to say I really like them.  Coming from riding Indy 149 Ti's I really don't miss anything with the Thunder 149 II's with stock or aftermarket bushings. 

im telling yall, solid color anything urethane only makes sense. thats why most bushings arent made clear. indy bushings, krux bushings, bones, ace, everyone but thunder standards and venture standards. cause if you notice too on the more premium thunder/venture trucks/painted/hollow/light they put the better white bushings compared to the standard solid thunder or venture that have the clear yellow or blue bushing/red for venture

the clear bushings are still good, nothing wrong with them at all, but if you want more consistent bushings thatll last longer , solid color bushings are always the best choice. i noticed it comparing my clear yellow thunder bushings with my black and white set of thunder bushings, both the black set and white set have better rebound and response compared to the yellow
yes

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #845 on: June 27, 2016, 11:58:47 PM »
I'm really liking Ace 44's. I'm keeping the bushings stock, they're breaking in nicely.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #846 on: June 28, 2016, 09:22:15 AM »
I'm really liking Ace 44's. I'm keeping the bushings stock, they're breaking in nicely.
Word. I decided too switch back to the stock bushings for a little while and they are definitely really nice once broken in. The bushings in the newer trucks must be better than the old ones because I can't see anything about them worth complaining about. Or else I just don't give a shit about anything. Which could easily be it.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #847 on: June 28, 2016, 01:57:20 PM »
Word. I decided too switch back to the stock bushings for a little while and they are definitely really nice once broken in. The bushings in the newer trucks must be better than the old ones because I can't see anything about them worth complaining about. Or else I just don't give a shit about anything. Which could easily be it.

The newer bushings are much better, though I still prefer krux or indy conical reds in mine.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #848 on: June 29, 2016, 03:03:37 AM »
i just got a set of indys that are as wide as my thunders 149 but are slightly higher and that pisses me off. so i went to have a look for truck sizing charts and came across this beaut
does anyone know if this is a photoshop job or is it for real and if its for real, who the fuck rides this shit?
Chusticiero/Fuma chustas - Person who smokes the end of the joint.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #849 on: June 29, 2016, 03:13:59 AM »
^it's real, what a waste of metal
longboard shit
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:20:47 AM by the snake »

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #850 on: June 29, 2016, 06:56:43 AM »

The newer bushings are much better, though I still prefer krux or indy conical reds in mine.
So you're saying I might still give a shit. There's a chance for me!

I love duh krux though.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #851 on: June 29, 2016, 07:24:49 AM »
i just got a set of indys that are as wide as my thunders 149 but are slightly higher and that pisses me off. so i went to have a look for truck sizing charts and came across this beaut
does anyone know if this is a photoshop job or is it for real and if its for real, who the fuck rides this shit?
It is a real thing, my friend just cruises and has a pair of these.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #852 on: June 29, 2016, 10:54:45 PM »
hahaha im pretty sure they are not very good for tailslides/noseslides because the wheels are going to be touching the side of the ledge too much
Chusticiero/Fuma chustas - Person who smokes the end of the joint.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #853 on: June 29, 2016, 11:22:25 PM »
hahaha im pretty sure they are not very good for tailslides/noseslides because the wheels are going to be touching the side of the ledge too much

Main

• Rep: -206
« Reply #854 on: June 30, 2016, 11:53:42 PM »
Got bored and messed around with some extra truck gear today. I noticed when I took the hanger off the set of Ace's I had that sounded really dead, the kingpin moved around a bit. Needless to say I found the culprit. I know using Bones bushings without a bottom washer and having wobbly ass trucks probably added to more stress on the kingpin, but even when they were stock and brand new they didn't sound right, therefore I'm calling it a defective set. I'm too broke to pay for shipping and send them to Ace though haha.

I have another set, and I found a trick to maintain the stock geometry while still having a nice wobble. The washers that come with Bones bushings, putting two of them under each bottom bushing gets it even with an Ace bushing and the stock washer. Bones' top bushing is actually taller than an Ace top, so I'm going to omit the top washer protecting the Bones bushing and see how it goes.

clamy

• Rep: 81
« Reply #855 on: July 08, 2016, 04:52:26 AM »
^ Both kingpins on my last set of stage 11s had that problem. I was running aftermarket medium Indy bushings with no bottom washer loose.

Do Indy pivot cups work in either Ace or Thunder?

Right now I'm running Ace 44s stock and loving it.

Main

« Reply #856 on: July 08, 2016, 10:00:39 AM »
Not sure if Indy pivot cups work in Ace, but from what I've read on here it seems like Khiro is a way more quality product if you're going to spend money on aftermarket cups, so I would just get those.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #857 on: July 08, 2016, 10:15:27 AM »
Indy/Thunder/Theeve/Khiro pivot cups are al interchangeable.

Theeve ships with cups on par with Khiro softs.

Thunder ships with hard ass cups, indy and ace are a bit softer. whatever.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 02:54:07 PM by Xen »

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #858 on: July 08, 2016, 01:34:38 PM »
Bmcsteve brought me back some khiros from socal and I couldn't get them in a forged Indy baseplate. They were a hair too wide and I couldn't jam them in. Had to go buy some Indy pivot cups.
you never know about pre-cum 

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #859 on: July 08, 2016, 02:55:25 PM »
Bmcsteve brought me back some khiros from socal and I couldn't get them in a forged Indy baseplate. They were a hair too wide and I couldn't jam them in. Had to go buy some Indy pivot cups.

Even if you did jam them in, they would stick up above the baseplate as they're easily 1/8" taller, if not more than regular pivot cups!

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #860 on: July 08, 2016, 02:56:50 PM »

I had that issue with khiro soft pivot cups in just regular indys. they stuck out a lot, but they worked

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #861 on: July 08, 2016, 03:03:46 PM »

I had that issue with khiro soft pivot cups in just regular indys. they stuck out a lot, but they worked

Yeah, they stick up a few mm, hardly noticeable in use (on forged plates anyway); they fit flush in ACEs.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #862 on: July 09, 2016, 09:41:18 AM »
What's the deal w. the new ace axel nuts?

Main

« Reply #863 on: July 09, 2016, 10:48:38 AM »

I want some. I see random pictures of skate shops that have them on their trucks as if they came stock. But apparently Ace is selling them separately? I don't know...

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #864 on: July 09, 2016, 11:55:28 AM »

I want some. I see random pictures of skate shops that have them on their trucks as if they came stock. But apparently Ace is selling them separately? I don't know...

Could you post a pic? I haven't seen them.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #865 on: July 09, 2016, 12:12:42 PM »
Why do you want them?  Lighter? 

Main

« Reply #866 on: July 09, 2016, 02:10:37 PM »

I just want 'em cause they look cool.

clamy

• Rep: 81
« Reply #867 on: July 09, 2016, 08:12:24 PM »
Indy/Thunder/Theeve/Khiro pivot cups are al interchangeable.

Theeve ships with cups on par with Khiro softs.

Thunder ships with hard ass cups, indy and ace are a bit softer. whatever.

Thanks, I'll hold onto these Indy pivot cups for when I try some Thunders.

They come stock. I bought my first set of Ace (44s) two weeks ago and they came with them. Tripped me out when I went to set them up, but they do look pretty cool. Now it's going to fuck me up and I won't want to go back to regular ones.

Main

« Reply #868 on: July 09, 2016, 09:12:46 PM »
Where'd you get them at? My local shops have the newer redesigns but no 3/8 specials.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #869 on: July 09, 2016, 10:48:44 PM »
Purpose?  I could see a nut w. A built in speed ring to push up against the race....