Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 294371 times)

Main

• Rep: -206
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #990 on: August 06, 2016, 10:43:48 PM »
Any ideas on where I might be able to order some Krux bushings for my Aces? Ive been looking around for a few weeks and haven't seen anything recently.

NHS said 8/15 ish they will be back in stock on their site. This is the only place that has them currently:

http://www.saltypeaks.com/products/31830/Krux-Worlds-Best-Cushions-Bushings-92a.html

Thomas

• Rep: -1
  • no pop no style
« Reply #991 on: August 08, 2016, 12:13:41 AM »
I'm riding Ace 44 with bones medium bushings (both washers) and there is something strange with my board.
I'm regular, and it feels like my board can only be ridden this way.
I mean, if I try to ride it in goofy it feels really weird...

I was riding Indys 149 before, with bones, and it never happened...
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
« Reply #992 on: August 08, 2016, 05:36:33 AM »
I'm riding Ace 44 with bones medium bushings (both washers) and there is something strange with my board.

could be crooked axles?

bluntstofakie

• Rep: -3
« Reply #993 on: August 08, 2016, 07:58:54 AM »

could be crooked axles?
You probably have wobble in one or both kingpins. Take your hangers off and see if you can wiggle the kingpin.
was that switch ollie in a turban at 1:18 ?.....trend watch

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #994 on: August 08, 2016, 11:33:07 AM »

could be crooked axles?
You probably have wobble in one or both kingpins. Take your hangers off and see if you can wiggle the kingpin.

I've had that happpen with Thunders recently.

bluntstofakie

« Reply #995 on: August 08, 2016, 11:53:22 AM »

could be crooked axles?

Damn that sucks to hear I'm on thunders right now. Were they the hollow forged, or the team baseplates?

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #996 on: August 08, 2016, 11:56:39 AM »

could be crooked axles?

Damn that sucks to hear I'm on thunders right now. Were they the hollow forged, or the team baseplates?

they were just the regular team baseplates. 151's.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
« Reply #997 on: August 08, 2016, 01:08:59 PM »
decided to dump everything I was skating when I hurt my ankle.  to even further distance myself, I went back to Thunder (from Indy).

set up some Ti 149 hangars on the regular ol' USA baseplates, with some old bones med (always use old bushings to avoid the break in time).   tiny bit more height with a tiny bit more weight.  think it's gonna be the sweet spot.
hardly art, hardly starving

unerds

« Reply #998 on: August 08, 2016, 03:43:00 PM »
decided to dump everything I was skating when I hurt my ankle.  to even further distance myself, I went back to Thunder (from Indy).

set up some Ti 149 hangars on the regular ol' USA baseplates, with some old bones med (always use old bushings to avoid the break in time).   tiny bit more height with a tiny bit more weight.  think it's gonna be the sweet spot.

i've had a few sets, but those dual duro bushings wear out too quickly on me.

the seam between the softer base and the harder cone always ends up blowing out shortly after they've broken in

bluntstofakie

« Reply #999 on: August 08, 2016, 03:56:02 PM »

the seam between the softer base and the harder cone always ends up blowing out shortly after they've broken in
When was the last time you skated them? That would always happen to mine, but it seems like in the past 6 months or so the quality has gone way up. I would normally blow a set out in a month or 2 but the last set I had lasted like 5 months. Anyone else have good luck with them recently?

unerds

« Reply #1000 on: August 08, 2016, 04:38:48 PM »

When was the last time you skated them? That would always happen to mine, but it seems like in the past 6 months or so the quality has gone way up. I would normally blow a set out in a month or 2 but the last set I had lasted like 5 months. Anyone else have good luck with them recently?

last set was just a couple months ago... they lasted liiike 6 weeks in indy's stage 11s.

maybe old stock... either way, they're nice to get a broken in feel a bit quicker, but i'm back on stock indy... might try indy aftermarket

danjtony

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1001 on: August 08, 2016, 07:09:26 PM »
Anyone have experience using Doh-Dohs (Shorty's) bushings on Indys? They were the only aftermarket bushings at my local shop and they said they would fit (with stock washers), but once you tighten them even a bit the sides just shred off. I remember this happening when I tried Doh-Dohs like six or seven years ago too. Rode those for quite a while and they never felt bad, despite the tearing.   

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #1002 on: August 09, 2016, 01:19:25 AM »

could be crooked axles?

OK thanks, I'll check this out !
I'm riding these Aces for only 2 months...

Is there a way to fix the kingpin back to the baseplate ?

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1003 on: August 09, 2016, 06:17:48 AM »

ive never had a problem with bones med in the last decade or so since I started skating em. 

unerds

« Reply #1004 on: August 09, 2016, 09:24:52 AM »

set up some Ti 149 hangars on the regular ol' USA baseplates, with some old bones med (always use old bushings to avoid the break in time).  tiny bit more height with a tiny bit more weight.  think it's gonna be the sweet spot.

ive never had a problem with bones med in the last decade or so since I started skating em. 

this is what's up for me:

after a month or two... nothing is rolling straight on those.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1005 on: August 09, 2016, 12:41:00 PM »
dunno what to say.  ive just never had a problem with em.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #1006 on: August 09, 2016, 12:45:34 PM »

Ti hangers on the team plates are really nice - like you said a bit more weight but the bonus of a tiny bit more height; I use bones med bottoms and soft tops, makes a nice carvy setup once you lean into it. Either Reed or Lenny planted that idea in my head. Not cost effective for most tho.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #1007 on: August 09, 2016, 09:48:04 PM »
decided to dump everything I was skating when I hurt my ankle.�  to even further distance myself, I went back to Thunder (from Indy).

set up some Ti 149 hangars on the regular ol' USA baseplates, with some old bones med (always use old bushings to avoid the break in time).�  � tiny bit more height with a tiny bit more weight.�  think it's gonna be the sweet spot.

this is what's up for me:

after a month or two... nothing is rolling straight on those.
That happens to my homie who always skates those. After about a month or two they're blown out in the exact same way.

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #1008 on: August 09, 2016, 11:35:05 PM »

could be crooked axles?

I checked my kingpins yesterday and you were right: the kingpin of my front truck is not sticked to the baseplate anymore...
I tighten up my front truck a little and it feels better, but is this the only way to fix the problem ?

rob

• Rep: -87
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #1009 on: August 10, 2016, 03:25:11 AM »

could be crooked axles?

I checked my kingpins yesterday and you were right: the kingpin of my front truck is not sticked to the baseplate anymore...
I tighten up my front truck a little and it feels better, but is this the only way to fix the problem ?

Go on YouTube and look up how to replace truck kingpins by that ratvision guy, it's not that hard. I've replaced kingpins a few times. Just gotta watch your thumbs when hammering

That bones medium tearing usually happens when you ride loose ish and no bottom washer, I heard riding the hards without a washer is fine and they break in to feel like fresh mediums
yes

bluntstofakie

« Reply #1010 on: August 10, 2016, 07:12:40 AM »

could be crooked axles?

I don't think there is anyway to fix it. It happens because aces are softer than most trucks. The stress on the kingpin from turning and grinding will bend out the kingpin hole in the baseplate, which will make the kingpin loose. Once it starts it will only get worse. I actually bent out the pivot hole in a baseplate from a single session with a blow out pivot cup. Imo the bent hanger problem of the stage 1's should have been fixed by using better quality alloy, which would have also fixed the kingpin problem.

unerds

« Reply #1011 on: August 10, 2016, 09:30:41 AM »

could be crooked axles?

Go on YouTube and look up how to replace truck kingpins by that ratvision guy, it's not that hard. I've replaced kingpins a few times. Just gotta watch your thumbs when hammering

That bones medium tearing usually happens when you ride loose ish and no bottom washer, I heard riding the hards without a washer is fine and they break in to feel like fresh mediums

that's exactly it.  they're too tight on indy's with the washer... i recently lost a hangar while hauling ass down the street that way - ollied up a curb, hangar dropped, i dropped.

product just isn't compatible with my setup... no biggie, stock indy's bushings aren't terrible.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #1012 on: August 10, 2016, 09:36:29 AM »
I'm off the Bones kool aid

The built in cores are crap. I've switched over to aftermarket indy bushings with no complaints.

I think the key with bushings is to pick your duro and ride it loose. If you want something tighter, go up a duro.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #1013 on: August 10, 2016, 10:37:47 AM »
^ i used to be on bones for so long then used the aftermarket thunders last year and was stuck on those. bones are over rated imo.

i was using thunders 147 hi's for the last 6 years but was kinda bummed on changing the kingpin but every few months cause i skate a lot of ledges. wanted something with more kingpin clearance so i decided to go back to what i was using primarily before the thunders.

just recently got these trucks last week, independent 139 hi's with the aftermarket 88a conical bushings. i used the stock cylinders but the turn felt sluggish and not sharp like they do with these, also coming from a lower truck (thunder hi's are lower compared to most high trucks) feels nicer to have conical bushings versus the cylinder bottom.

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Dima

« Reply #1014 on: August 10, 2016, 01:54:11 PM »
dunno what to say.  ive just never had a problem with em.

How much you tighten your trucks and which are they?

Like after fastening it as much as possible with your hands and then how many turns on a tool?

maybe easier if you give us a pic.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1015 on: August 10, 2016, 02:00:25 PM »
dunno what to say.  ive just never had a problem with em.

Like after fastening it as much as possible with your hands and then how many turns on a tool?

pic:

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:04:27 PM by art hellman »

Dima

« Reply #1016 on: August 10, 2016, 02:46:20 PM »
dunno what to say. � ive just never had a problem with em.

pic:

If you aint breaking them, you are doing something wrong.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
« Reply #1017 on: August 10, 2016, 02:52:35 PM »
mine got shredded like Daiya
throw them Bones in fiyah
get that indy aftermarket
and the sesh? your gonna spark it

peace

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1018 on: August 10, 2016, 02:56:37 PM »
dunno what to say. � ive just never had a problem with em.

pic:

If you aint breaking them, you are doing something wrong.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #1019 on: August 10, 2016, 08:49:33 PM »
my bones bushings never cracked our shredded but the top part of the bottom bushing would "muffin top" they felt good when you first put em on then got too flimsy. plus there like $12 ($20 over seas) and they ONLY come with bushings. the Thunder rebuild kid comes with pivots, washers etc and the indy aftermarkets come with the right size washers and are half the price.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[