Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 295873 times)

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #1020 on: August 11, 2016, 05:26:17 PM »
Thunder TI with Indy conical 88a + Bones washers. Bones meds = too hard, bones softs = too floopy feeling. The Indy's don't snap back to center as fast but it gets the thunders feeling pretty surfy.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 07:23:16 PM by Xen »

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1021 on: August 12, 2016, 06:30:35 AM »
I haven't ridden bones bushings for a few years now. They come with too much hassle and aren't durable in the long run.
If you do the Indy/bones combo I suggest you make the switch to Indy aftermarkets, or at the very least give them a try. They feel better than bones bushings, have way more options when it comes to duro choice, and are waaaay more durable than bones.
 I've had a set of 94A aftermarkets for more than a year now and I've maybe only had to mess with them once or twice (and that was only in the first week or so during the break in/adjustment period) and they're still going strong with no signs of deterioration at all. A set of bones would only last me on average a few months at most before they started slowly deteriorating or before I had to start messing with them with a tool all the time to get them to stay feeling the way that I liked because they would always start to feel different than what you originally adjusted them to the more you skated.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #1022 on: August 12, 2016, 06:40:56 AM »
oh man, now I just don't know what to do...
hardly art, hardly starving

unerds

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1023 on: August 12, 2016, 09:45:53 AM »
oh man, now I just don't know what to do...

in regards to bushings, whatever works for you... in regards to hauling on that doobie, it's an absolute must.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #1024 on: August 12, 2016, 11:48:53 AM »
Thunder 149 with Khiro conicals. I ride the medium soft.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #1025 on: August 12, 2016, 01:09:59 PM »

I've been thinking about snagging up some of these. Do you know if the small top and large barrel would fit in aces??

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #1026 on: August 12, 2016, 03:11:23 PM »
Set up the green Thunders I had posted in another thread. I'm going stock for once and the switch from Indy (Hard Bones bushings) is definitely there. Hopefully the kingpin doesn't give out like the last set I had.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1027 on: August 14, 2016, 08:56:57 AM »
Truck wars pt. 2 is out!

obZen

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1028 on: August 14, 2016, 11:13:37 AM »
I've been craving something a little quicker on response, somewhere not quite as quick as Thunder,  that still allows for a surfy/carving experience. I'm leaning towards ace 44. Don't think there is anything else out there for that type of thing

Main

• Rep: -206
« Reply #1029 on: August 14, 2016, 04:19:05 PM »
I've been craving something a little quicker on response, somewhere not quite as quick as Thunder,  that still allows for a surfy/carving experience. I'm leaning towards ace 44. Don't think there is anything else out there for that type of thing

Yep. Throw some Krux bushings in them and you will have exactly what you're lookin' for.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1030 on: August 14, 2016, 06:49:05 PM »

http://socalskateshop.com/images/products/large_3596_Khiro_Silver_Inserts_RedLG.jpg
I've been thinking about snagging up some of these. Do you know if the small top and large barrel would fit in aces??

Cherb - Yeah, I think you'll be good with large barrel bottom. I've tried the conical on the bottom on Ace and and it didn't work.

rob

• Rep: -87
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #1031 on: August 15, 2016, 02:29:42 AM »

Don't mean to be a kook but maybe theeve

I'm riding some now and they are nice, they are about what some say, between a thunder and Indy. Like a faster more stable Indy but not as fast as thunder
yes

rob

• Lance Mountain
« Reply #1032 on: August 15, 2016, 03:28:22 AM »
Has anyone tried the tracker axis trucks? Watching truck wars got me curious as to how the only all parts from the USA truck truck performs, how tall are they and how's the turning ?
yes

Big Sweatpants

• Rep: -66
  • KOOKIN' IT SO FUCKING HARD
« Reply #1033 on: August 15, 2016, 06:19:27 AM »
Has anyone tried the tracker axis trucks? Watching truck wars got me curious as to how the only all parts from the USA truck truck performs, how tall are they and how's the turning ?
I was obsessed with Jeremy Klein in the early 00's and skated nothing but Trackers just because of him. I loved the Darts, just had to throw Indy bushings in them. Turned great--a little high in height, but I liked that. The missing chunk out of the middle of the baseplate is rad.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:46:11 AM by Big Sweatpants »

Mongoloid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Oozing Machismo
« Reply #1034 on: August 15, 2016, 07:43:01 AM »
Tried out the Ace 03 this weekend for a little bit, and had a major feeling I could not find my center as far as popping tricks.

I don't know if its in relation to the kingpin position/angle, but I just couldn't seem to make it work. Even tre flips which are my go to in any setup just weren't happening.

Maybe on a fresh setup i'll give them one last try, but if I cant pull it together I will be reselling the sets that I have.

This leads me to another point. Can anyone at all tell me why it is impossible to find Thunder 147 lo's these days? I know the lows were being phased out in some of the models, but when I go on the website it still appears the team 147 lo's are still being produced. Yet I cant for the life of me find them in any shops online (don't have a local anymore).
I wouldn't even try to aquire an elephant that would be mad selfish I don't have the means to give him a comfortable life

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1035 on: August 15, 2016, 09:44:07 AM »
Tried out the Ace 03 this weekend for a little bit, and had a major feeling I could not find my center as far as popping tricks.

I don't know if its in relation to the kingpin position/angle, but I just couldn't seem to make it work. Even tre flips which are my go to in any setup just weren't happening.

Maybe on a fresh setup i'll give them one last try, but if I cant pull it together I will be reselling the sets that I have.

This leads me to another point. Can anyone at all tell me why it is impossible to find Thunder 147 lo's these days? I know the lows were being phased out in some of the models, but when I go on the website it still appears the team 147 lo's are still being produced. Yet I cant for the life of me find them in any shops online (don't have a local anymore).

It's probably the whole new truck adjustment period.
After 2 years with Indy 139s (stage 10.5, with bones hard if anyone cares) to my Thunders I couldn't do much, it looked like it was my first time on board (worse than usual) but, after getting used to them my balance is returning.

rob

• Lance Mountain
« Reply #1036 on: August 15, 2016, 12:48:46 PM »

Keep it on the low but from the source I heard they're redesigning the 147 lo like they did with the 145 lo, I'm guessing it's gonna resemble the remastered 147hi more like the remastered 145 lo, also I have a set of 147 lo and they're noticibly a bit on the chunky side.

Anyone notice that "theeve" looks like they're design totally ripped everything about the original thunders? Look at the hangar style/shape and baseplate almost exactly the same design

yes

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1037 on: August 15, 2016, 01:58:02 PM »

Keep it on the low but from the source I heard they're redesigning the 147 lo like they did with the 145 lo, I'm guessing it's gonna resemble the remastered 147hi more like the remastered 145 lo, also I have a set of 147 lo and they're noticibly a bit on the chunky side.

Anyone notice that "theeve" looks like they're design totally ripped everything about the original thunders? Look at the hangar style/shape and baseplate almost exactly the same design

They're known as Theeve for a reason

Also, is Thinders slowly improving their stuff?

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1038 on: August 15, 2016, 03:20:38 PM »
I was obsessed with Jeremy Klein in the early 00's and skated nothing but Trackers just because of him. I loved the Darts, just had to throw Indy bushings in them. Turned great--a little high in height, but I liked that. The missing chunk out of the middle of the baseplate is rad.

Agree with Sweatpants, they are good trucks. No one will try them because they are Tracker. I skated them for about 3 months simply for nostalgia sake. I tried the Axis and also the Dart and thought both were great trucks. The Axis are definitely higher than most and IMO they are a little heavy but they turn just as well as any truck. The Dart is a little lower than the Axis, similar to Thunder 149.

Rob - If you want the Axis just hit me with a PM and a few bucks for shipping and they're yours.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #1039 on: August 15, 2016, 06:07:48 PM »

Never thought of that but yeah I can see it......theeve made a lot of headway because they came w bones bushings.....low and behold they just started putting in their own knock off ones......so Powell isn't too stoked on them.....

Still think though they are a good Indy alternative.....

Main

• Rep: -206
« Reply #1040 on: August 15, 2016, 06:16:24 PM »
Damn, Theeve has been using fake Bones knock offs in their trucks? How'd you find that one out? I'm curious, as I almost bought some.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1041 on: August 15, 2016, 08:48:19 PM »
Damn, Theeve has been using fake Bones knock offs in their trucks? How'd you find that one out? I'm curious, as I almost bought some.

That explains why mine are all white and feel off.

rob

• Lance Mountain
« Reply #1042 on: August 15, 2016, 09:36:07 PM »

Agree with Sweatpants, they are good trucks. No one will try them because they are Tracker. I skated them for about 3 months simply for nostalgia sake. I tried the Axis and also the Dart and thought both were great trucks. The Axis are definitely higher than most and IMO they are a little heavy but they turn just as well as any truck. The Dart is a little lower than the Axis, similar to Thunder 149.

Rob - If you want the Axis just hit me with a PM and a few bucks for shipping and they're yours.

ooo definitely man, low on cash at the moment but i will put a reminder on it when i get paid ;D

how tall would you say the axis are? like indy tall or higher :o

ahaha true but still, just watching truck wars as soon as i saw the original thunders i was like woah woah, theeve thieving off thunders original design to the T like damn, they really are thieves especially now hearing their new white bushings are bones knock offs?? i thought they were just a custom bones for theeve
seriously though, theeve looks exactly like the original thunder. compare them everyone. and no puns intended with all the use of �thieve�

from what i heard yes, for the 147 lo cause im thinking they wanna keep up to date with all the trucks sizes since they did a remaster on the 147 hi, 145 hi and lo, then lastly the 149II and now 147 lo since its been so out of date i guess
yes

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #1043 on: August 15, 2016, 10:54:56 PM »
If they were bones....they'd say it....the good news is they fit better but no way the quality is the same....

franquietits

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1044 on: August 15, 2016, 10:56:10 PM »
I always thought theeve's looked more like stage 7's:

rob

• Lance Mountain
« Reply #1045 on: August 15, 2016, 11:21:38 PM »
If they were bones....they'd say it....the good news is they fit better but no way the quality is the same....

interesting, they took it off info about their trucks too?

aha they do look like stage 7 but comparing the hangar and baseplate i feel theyre more of a og thunder but potato patato cause werent thunders just indys originally then redesigned later to be its own cause ermico
yes

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1046 on: August 16, 2016, 08:18:51 AM »
"They" should just consolidate all truck companies into one. Make the different brands be different models: The "lowtwitch", "hightank", "OG", "surf flow" etc..

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • All we like to listen to is Barry Manilow.
« Reply #1047 on: August 16, 2016, 10:17:12 AM »
"They" should just consolidate all truck companies into one. Make the different brands be different models: The "lowtwitch", "hightank", "OG", "surf flow" etc..

Yea. Perhaps it even could be said that they could, like, "Just Do It". 2020 is tomorrow!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #1048 on: August 16, 2016, 01:22:57 PM »
Yeah Theeve has dropped the TI kingpings from the TIKings (now just hollow grade 8s), can't even buy them anymore and "come standard with Theeve Hardcore Bushings, guess the bones partnership is over.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 01:35:17 PM by Xen »

BMCsteve

« Reply #1049 on: August 16, 2016, 05:47:28 PM »
Yeah Theeve has dropped the TI kingpings from the TIKings (now just hollow grade 8s), can't even buy them anymore and "come standard with Theeve Hardcore Bushings, guess the bones partnership is over.

Skatewarehouse says they still have the Ti kingpin.  I think its incorrect on their site, otherwise I don't know how they could justify a $20 price increase for a hollow steel KP