Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1220887 times)

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #3120 on: February 14, 2018, 07:08:19 PM »
Are they gonna cost like a trillion dollars again and have bushing problems though.

The bushing problem has been solved since they came out with the v3’s a few years ago. The very first set of Theeves I skated had the bushing buldge after a while but the set I’ve been riding now has been fine and has more mileage.

As for the price of the TiH’s, they’ll still probably be $100+

asakusa75

« Reply #3121 on: February 14, 2018, 07:11:35 PM »
Anyone knows the perfect skate tool for Venture Trucks?
The usual cheapo plastic T-tool just doesn't do the job for the hardware bolts and the Kingpin bolts.

I have a blue Modus tool. Works fine.

Diocletian

« Reply #3122 on: February 15, 2018, 12:29:30 AM »
Expand Quote
44’s with two washers on the inside on an 8.5” deck fit perfectly fine. They’re 8.38” wide, so that’s a .12” difference. 55’s are 8.875” wide, I’ve ridden them on a full shape AntiHero 8.5” and they hardly stuck out. A regular 8.5” is too skinny for 55’s. 8.6” and up, works pretty good with ’em.

I don’t think Ace has the money to suddenly make an 8.5” mold and then an 8.25” mold like NHS. The 44 size is pretty versatile and has always worked fine for boards 8.25”-8.5”.
[close]

Not saying that 55s dont work on 8.5s, but the axles are definitely 9 inch long, unless they have some serious QC issues

Stage 1’s: 44-8.25” 55-8.75”
Stage 2’s: 44-8.38” 55-8.875”

Their newest Stage 3 with the straight hangers are the ones I haven’t tried or measured yet. Looks like 44’s are still the same size but it appears they went ahead and made 55’s 9” wide. If that’s the case, anything skinnier than an 8.75” with the newer 55’s will have the axles sticking out quite a bit too much. 44’s truly are their most popular and versatile size.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #3123 on: February 15, 2018, 01:26:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
44’s with two washers on the inside on an 8.5” deck fit perfectly fine. They’re 8.38” wide, so that’s a .12” difference. 55’s are 8.875” wide, I’ve ridden them on a full shape AntiHero 8.5” and they hardly stuck out. A regular 8.5” is too skinny for 55’s. 8.6” and up, works pretty good with ’em.

I don’t think Ace has the money to suddenly make an 8.5” mold and then an 8.25” mold like NHS. The 44 size is pretty versatile and has always worked fine for boards 8.25”-8.5”.
[close]

Not saying that 55s dont work on 8.5s, but the axles are definitely 9 inch long, unless they have some serious QC issues
[close]

Their newest Stage 3 with the straight hangers are the ones I haven’t tried or measured yet. Looks like 44’s are still the same size but it appears they went ahead and made 55’s 9” wide. If that’s the case, anything skinnier than an 8.75” with the newer 55’s will have the axles sticking out quite a bit too much. 44’s truly are their most popular and versatile size.

I'm not certain what stage mine are, pretty sure they are the 2s, bought them around this time last year. But if you go on the previous page, I posted a picture of the hangar against a tape measure and its definitely 9 inches. Thats also what it says on the site, so I'm really not sure where everyone is getting 8.875 axles from, maybe their manufacturing process is just wildly inconsistent.

nosneb

• Rep: 78
« Reply #3124 on: February 15, 2018, 05:15:35 AM »
I did not realize the newer 44s are slightly longer than the original 44s. Cause I always remembered the 44s make my 8.5 look like a massive boat

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #3125 on: February 15, 2018, 08:50:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Are they gonna cost like a trillion dollars again and have bushing problems though.
[close]

The bushing problem has been solved since they came out with the v3’s a few years ago. The very first set of Theeves I skated had the bushing buldge after a while but the set I’ve been riding now has been fine and has more mileage.

As for the price of the TiH’s, they’ll still probably be $100+

Never had the bushing bulge problem on any version/stage; but then again I don't crank my shit down at all; I really liked the first hanger design, really trim like ACE and the TiH.

Still skating my V3s with soft Khiros and really enjoying them.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was thinking of setting up my OG set of TiH but i need baseplates for them
[close]

Maybe ACE?  I just placed them in and didn't tighten everything up and it seemed to work.  It would also really help with theeves biggest problem....those annoying letters that spell : THEEVE.

tih's grind weird.....
[close]

I wanna see someone pair some Ace Mag plates with a Theeve hanger to see if the geometry works. Even if the TiH grind weird, a TiAX/TiKing hanger paired with a super light baseplate would theoretically be the GOAT performance truck.

I've done it, it works fine but it didn't sit perfectly, pushed the yoke out a bit. I'm sure it was lighter but not noticeable different. Sadly,. the TiH do grind weird on metal, otherwise they're amazing.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 09:10:22 AM by Xen »

Diocletian

« Reply #3126 on: February 15, 2018, 10:02:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm not certain what stage mine are, pretty sure they are the 2s, bought them around this time last year. But if you go on the previous page, I posted a picture of the hangar against a tape measure and its definitely 9 inches. Thats also what it says on the site, so I'm really not sure where everyone is getting 8.875 axles from, maybe their manufacturing process is just wildly inconsistent.

Their manufacturing process has been extremely inconsistent for a long time. I’ve had two sets of 55’s and they were 8.875” Stage 2’s. SoCal skate shop has that same measurement in the title and description for Ace 55’s so it wasn’t just a fluke with my two sets of trucks. However, I’ve had all sorts of quality control issues with Ace’s. Sets with one hanger shorter than the other, longer axle on one side, bent axle on a brand new set, wonky hanger facings, several trucks with loose kingpins and broken baseplates from slappies.

It’s no wonder why people disregarded Ace and went back to Indy. Seems like they may finally have their shit together but we shall see when spring comes along and I pick up one of these newer Stage 3’s

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3127 on: February 15, 2018, 03:08:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Their manufacturing process has been extremely inconsistent for a long time. I’ve had two sets of 55’s and they were 8.875” Stage 2’s. SoCal skate shop has that same measurement in the title and description for Ace 55’s so it wasn’t just a fluke with my two sets of trucks. However, I’ve had all sorts of quality control issues with Ace’s. Sets with one hanger shorter than the other, longer axle on one side, bent axle on a brand new set, wonky hanger facings, several trucks with loose kingpins and broken baseplates from slappies.

It’s no wonder why people disregarded Ace and went back to Indy. Seems like they may finally have their shit together but we shall see when spring comes along and I pick up one of these newer Stage 3’s

To give ACE [and Theeve] some love tho, as it's clearly not easy to burst into the market and take any brand over/out...FFS, Indy are on S T A G E X I, that's eleven iterations of geometry and decades of users/brand loyalty; plus, when something new doesn't work as good as the old, well, everyone goes back to the old...it took Thunder, and subsequently Venture, how long to get marketshare? Hell, without Gonz, Venture probably would have withered on the vine decades ago.

Theeve got it all right with attempt #3 in my opinion, but I fear it was too little too late, tho they [and ACE] could tweak baseplates to not get kingpin wiggle but other than that, Theeve are as solid as they come...ACE is close but they have got to get their act together (which I agree, they seem to be doing, hell even their FB page is busier than usual with multiple posts per day)...but that won't be enough...I think if they did some forged and hollow combinations and ended the poor QC they'd get more market share.

My guess is Theeve makes enough based on locals and import fees on other brands and isn't the metal from a family business or something?

Both suffer from lack of money to sponser big names to game easier market share...but I doubt kids buy tensors because of mullen or daewon ;)

RumpelFoarskin

« Reply #3128 on: February 15, 2018, 04:11:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

To give ACE [and Theeve] some love tho, as it's clearly not easy to burst into the market and take any brand over/out...FFS, Indy are on S T A G E X I, that's eleven iterations of geometry and decades of users/brand loyalty; plus, when something new doesn't work as good as the old, well, everyone goes back to the old...it took Thunder, and subsequently Venture, how long to get marketshare? Hell, without Gonz, Venture probably would have withered on the vine decades ago.

Theeve got it all right with attempt #3 in my opinion, but I fear it was too little too late, tho they [and ACE] could tweak baseplates to not get kingpin wiggle but other than that, Theeve are as solid as they come...ACE is close but they have got to get their act together (which I agree, they seem to be doing, hell even their FB page is busier than usual with multiple posts per day)...but that won't be enough...I think if they did some forged and hollow combinations and ended the poor QC they'd get more market share.

My guess is Theeve makes enough based on locals and import fees on other brands and isn't the metal from a family business or something?

Both suffer from lack of money to sponser big names to game easier market share...but I doubt kids buy tensors because of mullen or daewon ;)
Tensor lows are the best I bought them cause Corey macentide rides them I got the texas toothpick colorway

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #3129 on: February 15, 2018, 05:07:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Tensor lows are the best I bought them cause Corey macentide rides them I got the texas toothpick colorway

Shutap you face!

Diocletian

« Reply #3130 on: February 15, 2018, 05:14:40 PM »

I’ve yet to try Theeve. I will fully admit it’s a very stupid reason and I’m laughing at myself as I type this, but I don’t like the identifying truck graphic font on the hanger and the baseplate with that stupid looking theeve logo in plain view stamped into the aluminum below the bushing seat. As much as I need a truck to perform good...aesthetics, brand identity, and logo play a part in my choices. It’s probably one of those sad and disturbing things that someone in advertising could explain better than I could about the psychology behind marketing and how it works on consumers. I see how Indy has completely dominated the market and think about how everyone just blindly rides them because it’s just what you’re supposed to do.

You’re correct, Indy is on fucking Stage 11 but has gone backwards ever since Stage 7. No wonder people like myself sought older models and still do. All they needed to do was maintain the 7’s geometry and incorporate modern quality control standards with axles that didn’t slip like they did in the 90s, and offer other modern technology like forged plates, titanium axles, etc.

The thing with Ace now, is they are stepping up their hype and advertising big time and finally have a legit site up and running where you can order direct. They are tagging tons of shops and reposting photos letting people know who has them in stock, and also tagging all sorts of team riders or “pilots” like crazy and reposting clips. Ace has a seriously heavy roster now. If you have nothing better to do and have Instagram, you’ll see they have Neil Blender and a lot of legends backing them, even that crazy ass dude Chef Pierre, and now Donny Barley handling their east coast sales. Ace is blowing up right now, and it’s good to see and I’m happy for them. Shrewgy and Joey have deep roots in the truck game. I think now the reason they’re really hyping things up and getting the ball rolling is because they possibly actually fixed the major issues.

Theeve lost a lot of respect when that video came out talking about their misleading marketing and QC issues. Overall I think they just don’t have the widely accepted image and hype like the other brands.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3131 on: February 15, 2018, 06:25:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’ve yet to try Theeve. I will fully admit it’s a very stupid reason and I’m laughing at myself as I type this, but I don’t like the identifying truck graphic font on the hanger and the baseplate with that stupid looking theeve logo in plain view stamped into the aluminum below the bushing seat. As much as I need a truck to perform good...aesthetics, brand identity, and logo play a part in my choices. It’s probably one of those sad and disturbing things that someone in advertising could explain better than I could about the psychology behind marketing and how it works on consumers. I see how Indy has completely dominated the market and think about how everyone just blindly rides them because it’s just what you’re supposed to do.

You’re correct, Indy is on fucking Stage 11 but has gone backwards ever since Stage 7. No wonder people like myself sought older models and still do. All they needed to do was maintain the 7’s geometry and incorporate modern quality control standards with axles that didn’t slip like they did in the 90s, and offer other modern technology like forged plates, titanium axles, etc.

The thing with Ace now, is they are stepping up their hype and advertising big time and finally have a legit site up and running where you can order direct. They are tagging tons of shops and reposting photos letting people know who has them in stock, and also tagging all sorts of team riders or “pilots” like crazy and reposting clips. Ace has a seriously heavy roster now. If you have nothing better to do and have Instagram, you’ll see they have Neil Blender and a lot of legends backing them, even that crazy ass dude Chef Pierre, and now Donny Barley handling their east coast sales. Ace is blowing up right now, and it’s good to see and I’m happy for them. Shrewgy and Joey have deep roots in the truck game. I think now the reason they’re really hyping things up and getting the ball rolling is because they possibly actually fixed the major issues.

Theeve lost a lot of respect when that video came out talking about their misleading marketing and QC issues. Overall I think they just don’t have the widely accepted image and hype like the other brands.

I started skating on Stage IIIs so I have a soft spot for both ACE and Theeve, but also miss the old OG Thunders (Indy Stage II geo, which is supposedly Krux?) and went through, Stage, IV, VI, thunder, thunder, thunder, thunder, X and XI and yeah they've lost it, they really just went down the slow long carve feel and stuck with it.

Theeve's name and logo suck, I couldn't care less if they have the logo on the baseplate, Indy does that shit on the pivot...yeah the Ti 'blend' bullshit and the QC (liek I said, never bothered me). Was out skating them today and was killing it, they are surprisingly stable for as 'wobbly' as they are by hand jiggling them...could be the kiros.

I've backed ACE since they launched (33s are soo good, just wish I skate skinny boards). Hopefully they stay on their shit and intro the/a new line soon. You don't re-brand with ACE 'classics' without something in the works.

Thing is, right now, Theeve provide everything I want from a better 'ACE' (turn as fast and as deep that I feel comfortable on both, something I can't do with swapping back and forth from ACE/Theeve to say Indy or Thunders), lighter, better QC and more build options) or better Indy (you know turning ;).

I'm on the Theeve train until new 44s drop or I can find super cheap or free ace plates :P

But I'm also back on rictas from like 3 years go (still so fucking good) and bronsons so i'm on the kook side of slap gear.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 06:28:51 PM by Xen »

Diocletian

« Reply #3132 on: February 15, 2018, 10:51:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I started skating on Stage IIIs so I have a soft spot for both ACE and Theeve, but also miss the old OG Thunders (Indy Stage II geo, which is supposedly Krux?) and went through, Stage, IV, VI, thunder, thunder, thunder, thunder, X and XI and yeah they've lost it, they really just went down the slow long carve feel and stuck with it.

Theeve's name and logo suck, I couldn't care less if they have the logo on the baseplate, Indy does that shit on the pivot...yeah the Ti 'blend' bullshit and the QC (liek I said, never bothered me). Was out skating them today and was killing it, they are surprisingly stable for as 'wobbly' as they are by hand jiggling them...could be the kiros.

I've backed ACE since they launched (33s are soo good, just wish I skate skinny boards). Hopefully they stay on their shit and intro the/a new line soon. You don't re-brand with ACE 'classics' without something in the works.

Thing is, right now, Theeve provide everything I want from a better 'ACE' (turn as fast and as deep that I feel comfortable on both, something I can't do with swapping back and forth from ACE/Theeve to say Indy or Thunders), lighter, better QC and more build options) or better Indy (you know turning ;).

I'm on the Theeve train until new 44s drop or I can find super cheap or free ace plates :P

But I'm also back on rictas from like 3 years go (still so fucking good) and bronsons so i'm on the kook side of slap gear.

Well I will say the way you describe Theeve shows that if somehow Ace went to shit I could have another option for a good turn/grind and would have the get over the aesthetics. The actual Theeve hanger itself has a nice shape that looks just like a stage 7.

I honestly don’t really care if Ace makes lighter or hollow shit. I just want them to have good QC with no loose kingpins happening. A forged plate on its own is all they really need to do as far as future innovation, for me at least. The mag plates are appealing but it’s just too weak. Focus on the forged.

Speaking of 33’s I noticed they even redesigned that size now with this stage 3 release. It has a slightly wider V for support with the straight hanger, but still maintains the classic trim aesthetic as opposed to 44 and up which look beefy and not as appealing. Overall Ace still has the best looking truck on the market in my opinion.

I never had the honor of skating all those super old geometry Indy’s and Thunders. Too bad they don’t re-release stuff like Tracker does where they pull out the old molds and revamp them for a limited run. I’d waste tons of money on old geometry trucks just to experience what it was like to ride them in those days. Only in dreams...

Indy is just so unappealing of a truck now, I really can see through the bs marketing and hype. Slow turn, even if you ride ’em Matt Rodriguez style they still don’t even really turn. Just a sluggish ass tippy riding-on-a-door type turn. Grind like butter, but that’s about it. They just keep churning out new colors and collabs. You’re supposed to be the #1 truck...innovate. Can’t say that around certain folk though, some people act like Indy is a religious figure immune to all ridicule.

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #3133 on: February 16, 2018, 07:58:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Well I will say the way you describe Theeve shows that if somehow Ace went to shit I could have another option for a good turn/grind and would have the get over the aesthetics. The actual Theeve hanger itself has a nice shape that looks just like a stage 7.

I honestly don’t really care if Ace makes lighter or hollow shit. I just want them to have good QC with no loose kingpins happening. A forged plate on its own is all they really need to do as far as future innovation, for me at least. The mag plates are appealing but it’s just too weak. Focus on the forged.

Speaking of 33’s I noticed they even redesigned that size now with this stage 3 release. It has a slightly wider V for support with the straight hanger, but still maintains the classic trim aesthetic as opposed to 44 and up which look beefy and not as appealing. Overall Ace still has the best looking truck on the market in my opinion.

I never had the honor of skating all those super old geometry Indy’s and Thunders. Too bad they don’t re-release stuff like Tracker does where they pull out the old molds and revamp them for a limited run. I’d waste tons of money on old geometry trucks just to experience what it was like to ride them in those days. Only in dreams...

Indy is just so unappealing of a truck now, I really can see through the bs marketing and hype. Slow turn, even if you ride ’em Matt Rodriguez style they still don’t even really turn. Just a sluggish ass tippy riding-on-a-door type turn. Grind like butter, but that’s about it. They just keep churning out new colors and collabs. You’re supposed to be the #1 truck...innovate. Can’t say that around certain folk though, some people act like Indy is a religious figure immune to all ridicule.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1xAUfdK9FE

Seadramon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #3134 on: February 16, 2018, 10:28:02 AM »
Came across this Steve Olson ad - anyone ever try this? Two different sized trucks sounds kind of fun.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3135 on: February 16, 2018, 10:35:20 AM »
In the comments of a Theeve insta post they said they’re bringing back the TiH in April. I wonder if they’ll finally update their baseplates and go forged
Saw some on ebay with forged baseplates. So, all signs point to yes.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #3136 on: February 16, 2018, 12:41:50 PM »
Came across this Steve Olson ad - anyone ever try this? Two different sized trucks sounds kind of fun.

Wonder why the back would be the wider one.

nosneb

« Reply #3137 on: February 16, 2018, 12:47:32 PM »
More stable in the rear and quicker in the front?

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #3138 on: February 16, 2018, 06:51:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wonder why the back would be the wider one.

I'm picturing a directional board like a zip zinger with a shorter truck up front. I might try it once the snow's gone.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #3139 on: February 16, 2018, 08:04:56 PM »
Y’all (we) fuckin wildin in here. Just setup some cast baseplates with Titanium 149 hangars to try out the added height. Gonna Skate em Sunday and see how it goes. If theeve puts out a new model and they aren’t super expensive I might give them a go. I wanted to like aces but every time I tried them I just didn’t feel enough of a positive difference to switch from my indys.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Not Local

« Reply #3140 on: February 16, 2018, 08:23:24 PM »

Here are my 55s, bang on 9 inches even with slightly bent axles. They do skate well on 8.5 boards though, so if you dont mind the heaviness, Id say give it a go. If you run no washers on the inside, the difference between 55s and 159s is minimal. Another thing you could do is get 44s and run like 3 washers on the inside, that works well for 8.5s too, pretty sure the axle is long enough.

Just re-meaured my 55s and they are indeed shy of 9" and come in around 8 78". Maybe they have mixed things up...

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #3141 on: February 16, 2018, 08:44:30 PM »
Expand Quote

Here are my 55s, bang on 9 inches even with slightly bent axles. They do skate well on 8.5 boards though, so if you dont mind the heaviness, Id say give it a go. If you run no washers on the inside, the difference between 55s and 159s is minimal. Another thing you could do is get 44s and run like 3 washers on the inside, that works well for 8.5s too, pretty sure the axle is long enough.
[close]

Just re-meaured my 55s and they are indeed shy of 9" and come in around 8 78". Maybe they have mixed things up...

Yeah seems like everyone says their quality control is fucked. The geometry is just so good though, nice deep turns, perfect cruiser truck. Hopefully they up their game, would also be down for forged plates, titanium/hollow aces too just to shave a little weight.

Not Local

« Reply #3142 on: February 16, 2018, 08:48:04 PM »
Ultimately hanger width is more import than axle width. Like you said the turn outweighs other concerns. As far as the hollow/ forged stuff, I'm not really too bothered. It does seem a size between 44s and 55s would make a lot of sense at this point.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #3143 on: February 16, 2018, 09:47:03 PM »
I have 2 sets of Ventures, 5.25s and 5.8s.  Both are lights, but not hollow.  I really with they would make 5.5s for 8.25" boards because I'm not a fan of either sizes on an 8.25 but I hate all other trucks.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3144 on: February 17, 2018, 12:10:04 PM »
Expand Quote
In the comments of a Theeve insta post they said they’re bringing back the TiH in April. I wonder if they’ll finally update their baseplates and go forged
[close]
Saw some on ebay with forged baseplates. So, all signs point to yes.

Can't say I've ever seen pics of a theeve forged plate an I follow that shit pretty close. You got snaps?

Every set I've ridden have had cast (even my last set of TiH) - the forged plate rumor direct from theeve was what, 2-3 years ago?

Theeve's casting is top fucking notch, heads and tails above emerico.

nosneb

« Reply #3145 on: February 17, 2018, 03:12:08 PM »
Went with Thunder Team hollow 149s instead of Ace 44s. The Aces was just either too much truck or too little truck for 8.5s

Im riding them stock bushings but the top one cut in half with only bottom washer

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3146 on: February 17, 2018, 06:05:25 PM »
Went with Thunder Team hollow 149s instead of Ace 44s. The Aces was just either too much truck or too little truck for 8.5s

Im riding them stock bushings but the top one cut in half with only bottom washer

How did you chop the top bushing with (and how without losing fingers)? I set up my thunders today (thunder OG bottom with a bones thin washer) and    stopped there knowing I need a low top or chop the one I have.

Diocletian

« Reply #3147 on: February 18, 2018, 04:59:16 AM »
The Aces was just either too much truck or too little truck for 8.5s

Yeah that .12” difference is way too small for an 8.5” board. Two washers on the inside isn’t enough, need like 4. ::)

nosneb

« Reply #3148 on: February 18, 2018, 06:38:25 AM »

Expand Quote

[close]

How did you chop the top bushing with (and how without losing fingers)? I set up my thunders today (thunder OG bottom with a bones thin washer) and    stopped there knowing I need a low top or chop the one I have.

At home I took an old deck and started sanding the bushing down with the grip tape. If I was at my work shop I have clamps benches and saws.
Actually I sanded alittle more so I can fit the top washer and have my kingpin bolt flush with some wobble.

Expand Quote
The Aces was just either too much truck or too little truck for 8.5s
[close]

Yeah that .12” difference is way too small for an 8.5” board. Two washers on the inside isn’t enough, need like 4. ::)

If I add spacers I’ll run into the problems with wheel binding.  I like to have my bolts flush with the threads one barley one thread sticking out. The 44s don’t have enough ginding space for my preference.
I’m coming from a Indy 159 truck so I think 44s are absolutely tiny
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 06:42:06 AM by nosneb »

nosneb

« Reply #3149 on: February 18, 2018, 06:50:50 AM »
Here is an older truck with top bushing cut in 60%with no top washer

This is my new trucks with top bushing cut same size but with top washer