Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1220697 times)

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #3300 on: March 14, 2018, 07:01:50 PM »
Expand Quote
for me, forged indy baseplates make the board seem 'dead'... they also make a higher pitched metal noise when you're sliding against them.  im all for a little lower truck than the cast indys, but you can just drop the wheel size to lower the board.  and if you dont want to lose surface area, go for a small wide wheel. 

im skating some ti indys where i replaced the forged base with a cast base
[close]

Funny, forged plates make the board feel 'tinny' to me whereas the cast plates always deaden the feel/sound =D

Size-wise, going to a smaller wheel on the cast, well, I prefer the opposite, larger wheels on the cast due to height and vice-versa on forged; that said, I don't go over 53 so the forged worked fine.

I’m gonna have to agree on the deadness of forged

They lack feel, they’re so thin and fragile feeling

I like cast cause even though they’re not as strong and the the bolt holes eventually stretch they actually make the trucks solid and heavy feeling which gives me the feeling of it being a real skateboard that’s solid and sturdy
yes

SirCletusIV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #3301 on: March 14, 2018, 09:40:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So I think I'm going to pull the trigger on getting an 8.75 Powell flight board. Not the biggest fan of Powell but I'm a bigger guy (6'1, 250 lbs) and from what I hear it's the only board with technology that's not a complete gimmick when it comes to a board last longer and retaining it's stiffness. I just recently started learning about wheelbase sizes and how a taller guy like me might want a larger wheelbase size and this board coincidentally has a 15 inch wheelbase.

My question is what would be the best brand of trucks that would compliment the wheelbase size and not render it's size useless. From what I hear certain truck brands can make the wheelbase smaller because of the shape of the truck. I was really interested in trying ACE trucks but a lot of people say this will make my wheelbase size feel shorter when I'm riding it. On the flipside, I hear thunders are the opposite. So what the frick should I do people?!?!?!?!
[close]

What wheelbase are your previous boards? You sure you set on a 15 in wheelbase? Do you skate transition?
[close]

I never looked at wheelbase when riding my previous boards. I tried looking for the wheelbase of my last board which was this pink Real James hardy board but It's older and i can't find it anywhere online let alone the specs. I try to skate everything but I would like to improve my flatground game a lot. My reasoning behind the 15 inch wheel base size is that I'm a tall guy and I heard a longer wheelbase would improve my center of gravity a bit more.
[close]

Most boards have a wheelbase between 14 and 14.75 inches, with the normal being about 14.25 - 14.38 ish. 15 inches is very long, it could get quite tedious for flatground. I'm a lot taller than you and I find that 14.75 is as long as I'm willing to go. While a longer wheelbase is undoubtedly more stable, it also takes a lot more effort to spin/flip etc. I would recommend you find something along the lines of a 14.75 ish wheelbase board, see if you like that, and if you do, either stick with it or then try 15 inches. Going from a standard wheelbase to 15 inches is a pretty drastic change, and could throw you off quite a bit.

Fair enough I'll look for another substitute. My problem is  I'm a heavier dude and I want something to last a while and the Powell flight boards that are my size are both 15 inch wheelbase sizes. It seems to be the only board with technology that isn't a gimmick. I was thinking that getting ace trucks could kind of diminish the wheelbase size of the board as I've heard people say they give the board a shorter feel. Idk.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #3302 on: March 14, 2018, 10:08:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So I think I'm going to pull the trigger on getting an 8.75 Powell flight board. Not the biggest fan of Powell but I'm a bigger guy (6'1, 250 lbs) and from what I hear it's the only board with technology that's not a complete gimmick when it comes to a board last longer and retaining it's stiffness. I just recently started learning about wheelbase sizes and how a taller guy like me might want a larger wheelbase size and this board coincidentally has a 15 inch wheelbase.

My question is what would be the best brand of trucks that would compliment the wheelbase size and not render it's size useless. From what I hear certain truck brands can make the wheelbase smaller because of the shape of the truck. I was really interested in trying ACE trucks but a lot of people say this will make my wheelbase size feel shorter when I'm riding it. On the flipside, I hear thunders are the opposite. So what the frick should I do people?!?!?!?!
[close]

What wheelbase are your previous boards? You sure you set on a 15 in wheelbase? Do you skate transition?
[close]

I never looked at wheelbase when riding my previous boards. I tried looking for the wheelbase of my last board which was this pink Real James hardy board but It's older and i can't find it anywhere online let alone the specs. I try to skate everything but I would like to improve my flatground game a lot. My reasoning behind the 15 inch wheel base size is that I'm a tall guy and I heard a longer wheelbase would improve my center of gravity a bit more.
[close]

Most boards have a wheelbase between 14 and 14.75 inches, with the normal being about 14.25 - 14.38 ish. 15 inches is very long, it could get quite tedious for flatground. I'm a lot taller than you and I find that 14.75 is as long as I'm willing to go. While a longer wheelbase is undoubtedly more stable, it also takes a lot more effort to spin/flip etc. I would recommend you find something along the lines of a 14.75 ish wheelbase board, see if you like that, and if you do, either stick with it or then try 15 inches. Going from a standard wheelbase to 15 inches is a pretty drastic change, and could throw you off quite a bit.
[close]

Fair enough I'll look for another substitute. My problem is  I'm a heavier dude and I want something to last a while and the Powell flight boards that are my size are both 15 inch wheelbase sizes. It seems to be the only board with technology that isn't a gimmick. I was thinking that getting ace trucks could kind of diminish the wheelbase size of the board as I've heard people say they give the board a shorter feel. Idk.

It's true, aces to diminish wheelbase, but the effect trucks have on wheelbase, unless you change from polar opposites like from Thunder to Ace/Theeve, is minimal. So aces plus the powell could actually however work with the powell 15 inch wheelbase board, making it a bit more manageable, like a 14.8 inch wheelbase board or something (don't quote me, just a random guess). So in a sense it would balance out a bit while still having a far longer than usual wheelbase.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #3303 on: March 14, 2018, 10:17:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
for me, forged indy baseplates make the board seem 'dead'... they also make a higher pitched metal noise when you're sliding against them.  im all for a little lower truck than the cast indys, but you can just drop the wheel size to lower the board.  and if you dont want to lose surface area, go for a small wide wheel. 

im skating some ti indys where i replaced the forged base with a cast base
[close]

Funny, forged plates make the board feel 'tinny' to me whereas the cast plates always deaden the feel/sound =D

Size-wise, going to a smaller wheel on the cast, well, I prefer the opposite, larger wheels on the cast due to height and vice-versa on forged; that said, I don't go over 53 so the forged worked fine.
[close]

I’m gonna have to agree on the deadness of forged

They lack feel, they’re so thin and fragile feeling

I like cast cause even though they’re not as strong and the the bolt holes eventually stretch they actually make the trucks solid and heavy feeling which gives me the feeling of it being a real skateboard that’s solid and sturdy

I don’t mind skating cast but I personally prefer forged. Mostly because they’re lighter, but that’s just cuz I’m a stickler for weight.

Speaking of which, I’m back to my 149 Ti’s w/ the 97 hard thunder bushings and risers. Will probably take me one bad day of wheelbite to switch back to my Theeves, but I do love the super slim hanger and how they turn & pop. The madness never ends

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #3304 on: March 14, 2018, 10:33:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Powell shape 192 has a 14.75 wheelbase, is a shaped deck just over 9 wide, and you can get it with the Cab Ban This dragon.

The McGill shape is 8.97 and has a 14.6 wb I believe. That's an option 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 10:37:22 PM by backinaction »

SirCletusIV

« Reply #3305 on: March 14, 2018, 11:34:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It's true, aces to diminish wheelbase, but the effect trucks have on wheelbase, unless you change from polar opposites like from Thunder to Ace/Theeve, is minimal. So aces plus the powell could actually however work with the powell 15 inch wheelbase board, making it a bit more manageable, like a 14.8 inch wheelbase board or something (don't quote me, just a random guess). So in a sense it would balance out a bit while still having a far longer than usual wheelbase.

I hope so. Like i said, i don't have a lot of options being a bigger guy and i hate getting mushy boards after the first week of skating so for right now powell flight boards seem to be my best bet. I'll just have to take a chance and see if can still keep my flatground game with a 15 inch wheelbase board with aces.

SirCletusIV

« Reply #3306 on: March 14, 2018, 11:38:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Powell shape 192 has a 14.75 wheelbase, is a shaped deck just over 9 wide, and you can get it with the Cab Ban This dragon.

The McGill shape is 8.97 and has a 14.6 wb I believe. That's an option

I saw the cab ban this dragon one and it looks sick but It's not in stock yet. Plus going from an 8.5 to a 9.25 is a huge leap.

I looked at the McGill one but i don't know if that thing is gonna be good for street or not. It'd be cool if it was but that nose looks pretty angular

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #3307 on: March 15, 2018, 12:56:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I hope so. Like i said, i don't have a lot of options being a bigger guy and i hate getting mushy boards after the first week of skating so for right now powell flight boards seem to be my best bet. I'll just have to take a chance and see if can still keep my flatground game with a 15 inch wheelbase board with aces.

What trucks are you riding now?

hey pickle

« Reply #3308 on: March 16, 2018, 07:20:20 AM »
Two questions regarding ventures:

Do Indy aftermarket barrel bushings fit venture his flush

Does anyone know when those new venture raws are out in Europe

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3309 on: March 16, 2018, 08:59:06 AM »
Two questions regarding ventures:

Do Indy aftermarket barrel bushings fit venture his flush

Does anyone know when those new venture raws are out in Europe

Yes

Not me

nosneb

• Rep: 78
« Reply #3310 on: March 16, 2018, 04:22:01 PM »
I tried it myself and Indy bottom bushing a slighter taller than venture bushings.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #3311 on: March 16, 2018, 06:08:05 PM »
Update on my indy 139 stg 11 forged hollows

They’re actually really decently good trucks, the forged don’t feel as great out the gate like the cast, that broken in truck/board feeling and you gotta kinda adjust the way you do your tricks but overall not bad

Forged are definitely lighter and worth it if your willing to get adjusted rather than have that classic broken in feel of the cast normal Indy
yes

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #3312 on: March 16, 2018, 07:08:28 PM »

They’re actually really decently good trucks, the forged don’t feel as great out the gate like the cast, that broken in truck/board feeling and you gotta kinda adjust the way you do your tricks but overall not bad

Forged are definitely lighter and worth it if your willing to get adjusted rather than have that classic broken in feel of the cast normal Indy

That dull sensation is the only downside to the forged plates.. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for that mid-height indy!

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #3313 on: March 16, 2018, 11:28:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That dull sensation is the only downside to the forged plates.. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for that mid-height indy!

Yeah I’m hoping for that classic 53.5mm height but stage 11 turn and stability to it

Just got the new ace 44 or as they call it on the sites the ace “classics” and so far idk, they feel kinda clunky, like that whole dead sound and feeling, I guess it’s the softer metal but this is only speculation from rolling and popping a nollie and Ollie or 2

The bushings are really nice though

Might stick to Indy’s, scored a sweet powerful perfect pop styles Ollie over a small gap cruising home from work that felt so good I knew I was missing out on the Indy hype cause of my shoes all along, my lots of toe room no board feel shoes!!

Also I keep my trucks stock, stock geo and all that crap cause the madness gets worse if I’m tweaking like some of you guys thinking a new pivot cup and 2 different bushings on each truck is gonna get me to that dream setup, it’s just gonna make me super crazy truck guy rather than just crazy truck guy
yes

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #3314 on: March 17, 2018, 06:36:45 AM »
Hey I’m not that crazy, I haven’t touched the other 10 pairs of trucks I have since dwindling it down to thunder and Indy’s

Truth of the matter, I think I just never had the right fit shoes thus I never had the right size deck comfortable to do tricks properly and feel safe to land and then went to play with truck setups to deal with the underlying problem which was just my shoes

I found I like my shoes snug, now I can use my whole foot and get better control, found out I like my decks 7.9-8.13, then went to trucks and found out I like overall I prefer a med skinny tall setup/52mm-55mm tall truck 8-8.25 wide, 149 trucks are good too but the weight is a little much

Currently loving my krooked 8.1, indy stg11 139, and spit classic 51mm. It so goodddd

Back when shoes were hella padded, I'd wear a full size up. Since shoes slimmed down I have to try everything on and hate it

Not Local

« Reply #3315 on: March 17, 2018, 10:50:23 AM »
You relapsed? Acknowledge and label your condition. Don't feel ashamed. Its another stage in your recovery. Then for fucksake, get a set of trucks and grind them down to axle before any more 'experimentation.' Gall Bless You.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah I’m hoping for that classic 53.5mm height but stage 11 turn and stability to it

Just got the new ace 44 or as they call it on the sites the ace “classics” and so far idk, they feel kinda clunky, like that whole dead sound and feeling, I guess it’s the softer metal but this is only speculation from rolling and popping a nollie and Ollie or 2

Might stick to Indy’s, scored a sweet powerful perfect pop styles Ollie over a small gap cruising home from work that felt so good I knew I was missing out on the Indy hype cause of my shoes all along, my lots of toe room no board feel shoes!!

Also I keep my trucks stock, stock geo and all that crap cause the madness gets worse if I’m tweaking like some of you guys thinking a new pivot cup and 2 different bushings on each truck is gonna get me to that dream setup, it’s just gonna make me super crazy truck guy rather than just crazy truck guy

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #3316 on: March 17, 2018, 10:59:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Hey I’m not that crazy, I haven’t touched the other 10 pairs of trucks I have since dwindling it down to thunder and Indy’s

Truth of the matter, I think I just never had the right fit shoes thus I never had the right size deck comfortable to do tricks properly and feel safe to land and then went to play with truck setups to deal with the underlying problem which was just my shoes

I found I like my shoes snug, now I can use my whole foot and get better control, found out I like my decks 7.9-8.13, then went to trucks and found out I like overall I prefer a med skinny tall setup/52mm-55mm tall truck 8-8.25 wide, 149 trucks are good too but the weight is a little much

Currently loving my krooked 8.1, indy stg11 139, and spit classic 51mm. It so goodddd
[close]

Back when shoes were hella padded, I'd wear a full size up. Since shoes slimmed down I have to try everything on and hate it

Ahah yeah shoes were nice and pillows on the feet coated with tank armor so they actually lasted 4-6 months of heavy skating

Exactly!! I hate it! For the last 3-4 years I was thinking yeah I’m definitely a firm size 10, then recently skating some gt blazers my girl got me in a size 9 cause trying them on I was like ehh they actually fit and are a nice snug but not with some room like my usual but I’ll try them, boom turns out I’m a size 9/8.5 this whole time cause my skating improved drastically!!

Boardfeel was actually a thing, you know when you get that sweet spot feeling setting up to do a trick but sometimes the result is different from what you had feeling trying the trick having that sweet feel that you were totally gonna lock it in and do it with such finess and style, yeah I had a lot of that with bigger shoes and failing when I would think I’m feeling this Ollie  over the gap and pop a rocket to bail, or a sweet kick flip and primo, and grinds felt way rocked back and forth

So yeah, actually feet boardfeel=right board size for control=just having trucks that work with the way you control on the board

You relapsed? Acknowledge and label your condition. Don't feel ashamed. Its another stage in your recovery. Then for fucksake, get a set of trucks and grind them down to axle before any more 'experimentation.' Gall Bless You.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I aknowledge and coming to a nice recovery, gall bless you too SLAP brother
yes

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #3317 on: March 18, 2018, 03:14:30 PM »
Okay so the soft metal on the ace trucks takes almost no time to get use to

They’re actually really nice trucks

Compared to Indy they don’t turn as smoothly but they do carve as much but in turn for smooth they react quick like a thunder and act stable like a thunder

They feel nice for tre flips and feel type tricks but straight tricks like kick flips and heel flips take some adjusting

Overall in my opinion I like them a lot, might go back to Indy though cause idk, Indy’s feel great out the gate even when you aren’t warmed up and stretched Indy just flow but we’ll see, these ace aren’t bad at all. Definitely top 3

The ace feel like a carvy turny thunder, to me, And this is with the stock bushings which if you didn’t see in the ace trucks thread it’s a different Duro top and bottom stock they got going on
yes

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3318 on: March 18, 2018, 04:02:11 PM »
to me a thunder and Aces are polar opposite trucks....the only thing they have in common is they aren't indys.

Mongoloid

« Reply #3319 on: March 18, 2018, 05:24:45 PM »

Compared to Indy they don’t turn as smoothly but they do carve as much but in turn for smooth they react quick like a thunder and act stable like a thunder

They feel nice for tre flips and feel type tricks but straight tricks like kick flips and heel flips take some adjusting

Overall in my opinion I like them a lot, might go back to Indy though cause idk, Indy’s feel great out the gate even when you aren’t warmed up and stretched Indy just flow but we’ll see, these ace aren’t bad at all. Definitely top 3

The ace feel like a carvy turny thunder, to me, And this is with the stock bushings which if you didn’t see in the ace trucks thread it’s a different Duro top and bottom stock they got going on

You know.. I never thought I'd say this, but I totally wholeheartedly agree with this.

I have amazing kickflips with Thunders, but I can't seem to figure them out decently with Ace's. When I do them often times I end up turning frontside.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #3320 on: March 18, 2018, 05:35:48 PM »
to me a thunder and Aces are polar opposite trucks....the only thing they have in common is they aren't indys.

^This

SirCletusIV

« Reply #3321 on: March 18, 2018, 09:00:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i'm riding 149 indys right now

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #3322 on: March 18, 2018, 09:47:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You know.. I never thought I'd say this, but I totally wholeheartedly agree with this.

I have amazing kickflips with Thunders, but I can't seem to figure them out decently with Ace's. When I do them often times I end up turning frontside.

Thanks for knowing too mongoloid, I know what I’m feeling can’t be just me even if I am considered the crazy guy on this thread and the whole message boards

I can see why you say because thunders are really stable and tight and aces are usually unstable and loose but I think that would be old ace cause I got the new ones called the “classics” and the way the bushings squeak and respond reminded me straight thunder/venture bushings but the geometry pushes the turning more
yes

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3323 on: March 19, 2018, 07:13:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I just measured two of my setups. Both 14.5" wheelbase boards. Other with Indy 149s and other with Ace 44s. The real wheelbase of the Indy setup is 446 mm and the one with Aces has a 439 mm wheelbase. So, that's a 7 mm difference. 0.28" Pretty small, but I guess it's not insignificant as I feel like I can definitely notice a difference between 14.25" and 14.5" wheelbase boards. Maybe I should be getting boards that have an even longer wheelbase to pair with the Aces. 🤔

Italianshredder96

• Rep: 8
« Reply #3324 on: March 19, 2018, 07:38:14 AM »
The truck madness has become for me.

I have thunder 148 team hollow with bones medium with both washers (without the geometry of the truck is slightly off) on a real full se 8.38 and Krux 8.5 stock on a real 8.38 full (I measured and it's definitely an 8.5).

I realized that thunder extend your web by 3 inches and Krux by 2.75.

Mixing up I finally realised 17.375...it kinda works.

Not Local

« Reply #3325 on: March 19, 2018, 10:09:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I just measured two of my setups. Both 14.5" wheelbase boards. Other with Indy 149s and other with Ace 44s. The real wheelbase of the Indy setup is 446 mm and the one with Aces has a 439 mm wheelbase. So, that's a 7 mm difference. 0.28" Pretty small, but I guess it's not insignificant as I feel like I can definitely notice a difference between 14.25" and 14.5" wheelbase boards. Maybe I should be getting boards that have an even longer wheelbase to pair with the Aces. 🤔

But when you factor in turning radius- you can't really compare wheelbases like this... Thunder push the axles out but they turn tighter. You're all losing your minds.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3326 on: March 19, 2018, 10:38:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

But when you factor in turning radius- you can't really compare wheelbases like this... Thunder push the axles out but they turn tighter. You're all losing your minds.

Exactly. My “problem” is that I hate short boards. 15” wb with Indys is a bit long though (or maybe it’s the fact that it’s a clunky 8.9” board with 60 mm cruiser wheels and risers). 14.5” wb with Aces is alright but somehow I feel a bit longer might be better. Maybe not 15” but maybe 14.75” or 14.62” like the Real 8.38” full has. Or maybe Ventures with a 14.5” wb board. I just like how Aces perform much better than Indys or Ventures, so I’d rather make them work. 🤔

The craze is strong but it’s all good fun to me still. Hopefully I’ll never reach rob levels of madness. 😊

Mongoloid

« Reply #3327 on: March 19, 2018, 11:36:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks for knowing too mongoloid, I know what I’m feeling can’t be just me even if I am considered the crazy guy on this thread and the whole message boards.

Yeah, you definitely nailed it with that assessment. I hate that I have multiple setups with different gear for different purposes. Ever since picking up the board again every little gear nuance makes a noticeable difference in every aspect of skating for me. Back in the day I could skate nearly anything interchangeably (skate trucks from lows to highs, 7.5” - 8” decks, 50mm - 56mm wheels) and there would be zero difference in my ability. Now that’s definitely not at all the case.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3328 on: March 19, 2018, 12:23:31 PM »
perfect fit shoes madness is in my brain too now, thanks rob ! ;)

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #3329 on: March 20, 2018, 12:18:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks for knowing too mongoloid, I know what I’m feeling can’t be just me even if I am considered the crazy guy on this thread and the whole message boards.
[close]

Yeah, you definitely nailed it with that assessment. I hate that I have multiple setups with different gear for different purposes. Ever since picking up the board again every little gear nuance makes a noticeable difference in every aspect of skating for me. Back in the day I could skate nearly anything interchangeably (skate trucks from lows to highs, 7.5” - 8” decks, 50mm - 56mm wheels) and there would be zero difference in my ability. Now that’s definitely not at all the case.

Haha I think it’s just something that happens as you grow with and into your passions, like I’m sure tennis players as kids didn’t care about whatever tennis gear is when they were young they just wanna play and will pick up any racket or whatever it is they call it.

I use to be the same not caring just borrowing one of many of my friends setups if I forgot my board and just skated it cause fun but I think it’s cause In the early days we all don’t have an adjusted style

we all probably in our glory days had off styles that weren’t about how to do the tricks properly and with finesse and style but just to land trick after trick and put it in our abd list to tell others

perfect fit shoes madness is in my brain too now, thanks rob ! ;)

Ahaha my bad, it really is a big deal in my opinion to just have the right fit snug shoes

Not snug cramping your toes but close, I feel having a comfy snug shoe for skating is like having snug gloves for doing precise things with your hands

You have greater control and feel for things when it’s snug compared to a sorta loose roomy toe shoe that gives you that off feeling and slip of the flick moment that embarrasses you at the skatePark in a game of skate against some groms sloppy no pop kickflip and you think to yourself how did you mess up on a kickfliP

On a good note these ace classic 44 take some getting use to but damn they are great trucks, gonna keep skating them

Sorry indy, maybe next setup
yes