Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1220718 times)

Octobre Rouge.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
  • Black metal and ledge skating
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #3510 on: May 01, 2018, 12:32:54 AM »
Hi,

I bought two plain Stage 11 Indy and swapped those orange cushions for some Krux aftermarket.

After skating, i checked the trucks and the krux cushions are chipping like crazy.

Any advice is more than welcomed

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #3511 on: May 01, 2018, 01:01:40 AM »
Hi,

I bought two plain Stage 11 Indy and swapped those orange cushions for some Krux aftermarket.

After skating, i checked the trucks and the krux cushions are chipping like crazy.

Any advice is more than welcomed

Put the stock bushings back in... or buy some indy aftermarkets or bones bushings.

NootNoot

« Reply #3512 on: May 01, 2018, 01:41:39 AM »
Has anyone tried the new atv tensor trucks yet? Thinking of trying something new but not sure if it’s a waste. The specs sound good.

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #3513 on: May 01, 2018, 01:50:21 AM »
Has anyone tried the new atv tensor trucks yet? Thinking of trying something new but not sure if it’s a waste. The specs sound good.

From my perspective no, stick to thunder or Indy or if your down for different try ace

Acceptable substitutes also include krux, theeve, venture Hi, and mini logo (to my experience)

Any other truck feels very cut back and kinda cheap(especially silvers, worse trucks to exist on the market)
yes

NootNoot

« Reply #3514 on: May 01, 2018, 02:27:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

From my perspective no, stick to thunder or Indy or if your down for different try ace

Acceptable substitutes also include krux, theeve, venture Hi, and mini logo (to my experience)

Any other truck feels very cut back and kinda cheap(especially silvers, worse trucks to exist on the market)
I love the way ace turn but I don’t feel they use the same quality of materials as Indy or thunder (other than bushings great bushings). The baseplate holes ovalize really quick on ace but I haven’t tried the newer classics. I’m currently rocking ace44 on my cruiser and thunders on my regular setup but the thunders need replacing. Are mini logo really that good? I never would have guessed they look pretty cheap especially the hangar and Pivot cups. Theeve I’ve been tempted to try but they are really ugly trucks and expensive, I also saw a rat vision YouTube video where he proves that theeve was lying about their titanium trucks when they really had a very small amount of titanium and mostly aluminum, they told him it was “just marketing”.  I’ve also heard they were using fake bones bushings too so they don’t seem like the most honest company. Ventures I like but the sizing is off the 5.8 are too wide for 8.25-8.3. I agree about silver, I tried the m class a few months ago and they felt like Walmart trucks.

Diocletian

« Reply #3515 on: May 01, 2018, 08:09:05 AM »
Stop talking about mini logo trucks, for the love of god. Those things are disgusting.

Do Theeve TiH’s sit on top of a normal baseplate? Or is it forged or also titanium?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3516 on: May 01, 2018, 10:32:29 AM »
No they are just normal....crossed my mind to try and get a mag base but I'm not that koo koo...

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #3517 on: May 01, 2018, 12:51:27 PM »
Stop talking about mini logo trucks, for the love of god. Those things are disgusting.

Do Theeve TiH’s sit on top of a normal baseplate? Or is it forged or also titanium?

They are hideous but don’t judge a book by its cover they’re legit better than venture and I’d say almost on the level of thunder performance wise

They turn pretty good once broken in, quick turn and can carve, low and fast response for pop buttttt that low height is a double edged sword

I like them but they kinda have a weird manual point that throws me off bad so I just stick to the top 3

Thunder
Indy
Ace
yes

full of jerks

• Rep: -33
« Reply #3518 on: May 01, 2018, 01:08:42 PM »
I went to the park yesterday with Thunders and three different extra sets of bushings to try.  Then my kingpin nut stripped and I had to go home early.

Diocletian

« Reply #3519 on: May 01, 2018, 04:51:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They are hideous but don’t judge a book by its cover they’re legit better than venture and I’d say almost on the level of thunder performance wise

They turn pretty good once broken in, quick turn and can carve, low and fast response for pop buttttt that low height is a double edged sword

I like them but they kinda have a weird manual point that throws me off bad so I just stick to the top 3

Thunder
Indy
Ace

We all judge a book by its cover. Let’s face it. Those trucks are repulsive looking, and I know without ever riding them the turn isn’t good. Please rob...let’s never revisit ML truck discussion ever again. You’re losing your mind.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3520 on: May 01, 2018, 05:37:49 PM »
So much of its marketing too....venture is an ugly truck....I hate the stupid thunder grenade....

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #3521 on: May 01, 2018, 07:26:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I went back to my thunder 147 cause they respond fast and are lightest and I’m riding 8.2 and below and they work great

Kinda testing out ace 44 on the side since they work great too

Down to thunder vs ace

Might throw indy in there but kinda doubt it since compared to my top 2 choices the Indy are great at turning but response and weight throw me off
[close]

Yep...if you can't decide ACE or Thunder....THEEVE is the right answer.....or I'd run two set ups...

[close]

Lighter than indy (if you go for tiKings) and turn much sharper, are stable on center but can still carve. Youc an also leave them stock, #probably the only truck you don't have to fuck with.
[close]

Except they look hideous. I noticed they bought back the Tih though, but that one has issues grinding on metal apparently.

Who gives a fuck what it looks like? better looking hanger/yoke than Indy...Function before fashion. People think ACE look like K-mart trucks yet people praise how they skate...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 07:29:54 PM by Xen »

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #3522 on: May 01, 2018, 08:57:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Thunder
Indy
Ace
[close]

We all judge a book by its cover. Let’s face it. Those trucks are repulsive looking, and I know without ever riding them the turn isn’t good. Please rob...let’s never revisit ML truck discussion ever again. You’re losing your mind.

ML turn better than Thunder and grind better than Indy.

ultrabra

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3523 on: May 02, 2018, 04:29:16 AM »
Hi there fellow maddeners ;D

About them ML truck`s, sorry(why , i dont know). But i strted skateing sometimes 86-87.
I`ve ridden:

Gullving, sidewinder, street shadow, level III or something and more
Tracker, couple sets
Indy, many stages
many different generic trucks
Tensor
Krux 8.25
Ventures, a lot
Thunders, a lot
Origin
Fury, 825
Destucto
Royal

Propably forgetting some.
Anyways in the past years mainly ML.
Why, because there is no suprises with them. They just work. They just are there.
They are good, sorry.

Then again. At this age you just dont give a f. any more.

Next up tho, Thunder 148. Lets see ::)

Sorry, I`ll get me coat.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3524 on: May 02, 2018, 07:42:19 AM »
I'm not saying that MLs are the best everywhere and what everyone should be on, just that they are a legit option.

I currently have a bunch of boards built.  Trucks on them are ML, Thunder, Indy, Krux and Royal.  If I had to choose one setup to skate everywhere I would go with an 8.25 board with 8.38 ML trucks.

ultrabra

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3525 on: May 02, 2018, 11:04:43 AM »
I'm not saying that MLs are the best everywhere and what everyone should be on, just that they are a legit option.

I currently have a bunch of boards built.  Trucks on them are ML, Thunder, Indy, Krux and Royal.  If I had to choose one setup to skate everywhere I would go with an 8.25 board with 8.38 ML trucks.

Yeah you are right. It`s good on everything. But not nessesary great on anything/something spesific.

If i only skated mannys and flippy stuff. I`d skate venture 5,2 lows. Royal. Thunder....
For transition maybe Indy.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #3526 on: May 02, 2018, 06:19:56 PM »
Aren't Mini Logos super low? Like you absolutely need risers if you want to ride bigger wheels low?

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3527 on: May 02, 2018, 07:32:38 PM »
Aren't Mini Logos super low? Like you absolutely need risers if you want to ride bigger wheels low?

Super low. Can run 8” with 52s and be ok, but riser for everything bigger

Sad Hippo

« Reply #3528 on: May 02, 2018, 07:54:00 PM »
This thread has gone off the rails.  I just looked on skate warehouse, Minilogo trucks are $2 cheaper than a pair of Ventures or Thunders.  Why on earth are these even considered options for you guys, unless your cheap Mom wouldn't spring for something else?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3529 on: May 02, 2018, 11:06:14 PM »
Because there's nothing left to consider.....that's why.....now go away....

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #3530 on: May 03, 2018, 04:12:36 AM »
I got a set of longboard trucks from a car boot sale complete, I think the long baseplate may interfere with my slappy nose slides but will the reverse kingpins hinder my grinds & will I still be able to kickflip or do I need to step of and underflip it with my hand?
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Kaydubbb

• Rep: 20
« Reply #3531 on: May 03, 2018, 06:52:27 AM »
I'm hoping someone could help me with krux trucks please. The standard bushings are way too soft for me, I'm looking to put in something else but I'm having a hard time finding something where the boardside bushing is the same height as the standard krux one. Bones hardcores are way too short. Indys are a tad short. Anyone have any experience with swapping out krux bushings? Cheers guys and gals!

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #3532 on: May 03, 2018, 07:26:13 AM »
I'm hoping someone could help me with krux trucks please. The standard bushings are way too soft for me, I'm looking to put in something else but I'm having a hard time finding something where the boardside bushing is the same height as the standard krux one. Bones hardcores are way too short. Indys are a tad short. Anyone have any experience with swapping out krux bushings? Cheers guys and gals!

Thunder bushings will work, as will Mini Logo.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #3533 on: May 03, 2018, 09:46:11 AM »

try the bones bushings but use the stock washers

Sad Hippo

« Reply #3534 on: May 03, 2018, 10:50:22 AM »
Then maybe it's time to give up? If trucks are causing you that much grief, I don't know, maybe it's time to get in to online poker or road biking.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3535 on: May 03, 2018, 11:04:23 AM »
don't act agressively towards other patients, mudafoka

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #3536 on: May 03, 2018, 11:55:14 AM »

I've used some old Ace Top Bushings before the re-worked the durometer. that ended up fixing the issue on a set of Krux that i've had. had to let them go cause they just didn't grind well for me. i liked the fact that they were broken in on the get-go.

Diocletian

« Reply #3537 on: May 03, 2018, 02:23:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Then maybe it's time to give up? If trucks are causing you that much grief, I don't know, maybe it's time to get in to online poker or road biking.

This may be the only thread on slap that has consistently not broken out in arguments let’s try and keep it that way, friends. We’re all sick in the head with truck madness and are here to support each other. Except rob, he’s at the point of no return but he’s still cool.

Kaydubbb

• Rep: 20
« Reply #3538 on: May 03, 2018, 02:35:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Have you used mini logo bushings in them personally? I only ask because in photos they look like the barrel bushing will be shorter. I need to order online because I can't get anything local and don't want to order bushings and then not be able to use them.

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #3539 on: May 03, 2018, 03:55:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Have you used mini logo bushings in them personally? I only ask because in photos they look like the barrel bushing will be shorter. I need to order online because I can't get anything local and don't want to order bushings and then not be able to use them.

Venom "downhill bushings", maybe?

https://www.tactics.com/venom/hpf-downhill-longboard-bushing-set-1-truck

They look abit high, but this guy made them work in a pair of tensor lows (look under the yellow highlighted section): http://skateboardingismylifetimesport.blogspot.com/2012/06/149-truck-comparison-test-final-results_04.html