Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 295481 times)

maggotspawn

• Rep: -6
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #3720 on: May 19, 2018, 10:14:51 AM »
You talking hillbombing speed or just regular speed?

I skate my Aces pretty loose and have never had wobbles or sketchiness and I'm a big boy on 44s. I channel Andrew Allen in situations where it could get a little shaky.
Hill bombing, dropping into the deep end of a pool speed.

Personally, I love Aces on everything except big, speedy bowls. For me they get too squirelly at higher speeds and don't feel that stable. Even if I tighten up the bushings they will still feel squirrely just dropping in. Big bowls I prefer Indys because they feel stable when going fast.
I have heard this before, that's why I asked. I guess I'll just stick with Indy's.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #3721 on: May 19, 2018, 02:23:42 PM »
yeah i dont really give a shit about weight tbh so it'll probably just be regular csxs, im guessing ill need the 6.50s? i skate around 8.5-8.75

also xen, did you used to post on skateboardcity?

Yes, one and the same!

cosmicgypsies

• Rep: 115
« Reply #3722 on: May 19, 2018, 02:29:24 PM »
nice, cheers for the info. still post on there occasionally you may (or most likely may not) remember me from the username donthatejustskate. spotted a few sbc heads on here haha.

TheBoognish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3723 on: May 20, 2018, 09:49:11 AM »
I've reconciled with an old nemesis of mine, Ventures. I've ridden Ventures before they were with DLX and they just didn't work for me, so I took another chance. In fact, I found them to suck badly. At that point, I rode wobbly loose Indy's (in fact, I've ridden loose Indy's for over 15 years)

I just got back from back to back injuries that kept me out of the game for almost 2 years. Had about 6 sessions last year before I put out my back. I gained about 15-20lbs and my balance\coordination just aren't what they were before. When I started skating again this year, Indy's just didn't work for me anymore, they felt really unstable on landings... couldn't land tricks for the life of me, felt they were way too unpredictable. Tried tightening them a tad, and tight Indy's absolutely suck. Tried Krux for my bigger setup, and I like them, but I'm always tweaking them and I hate having to carry a skate tool with me all the time. I've never liked Thunder, so I decided to give Ventures another try because a lot of my friends were getting Ventures.

Turns out loose Venture high 5.2's are absolutely perfect for what I was looking for. Surfy, yet stable. I've said before that Venture's didn't turn, but this time it's different, loose Venture hi's turn real good for my liking. First truck I've never really had to break in, they felt perfect from the start. Started landing tricks right away and they felt awesome on manuals. Can't complain.

So yeah, I guess I really like Ventures Hi's now.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 09:50:50 AM by TheBoognish »

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #3724 on: May 20, 2018, 11:10:56 AM »
^did you try harder indy bushings ? did you even read all the madness of this thread ? gtfo ! :)

TheBoognish

« Reply #3725 on: May 20, 2018, 11:38:57 AM »
^did you try harder indy bushings ? did you even read all the madness of this thread ? gtfo ! :)

I've read every single page since it started, and yes, I've tried many different bushings.

I've been riding pretty much nothing but Indy's for over 15 years, it just feels nice to change gear and try something new.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:51:30 AM by TheBoognish »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #3726 on: May 21, 2018, 07:57:10 AM »
Did I read the guy from cliche is doing a truck company?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3727 on: May 21, 2018, 08:29:12 AM »

Film? Haven't they been around forever?

Mongoloid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Oozing Machismo
« Reply #3728 on: May 21, 2018, 10:04:56 AM »

Donít get Rob started!
I wouldn't even try to aquire an elephant that would be mad selfish I don't have the means to give him a comfortable life

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #3729 on: May 21, 2018, 10:14:57 AM »

Film? Haven't they been around forever?
They used to be on Cliche completes. Iím assuming they have a team now, and people are getting paid.
i was not vaccinated as a child and i turned out fine.

ballintoohard

• Rep: -3
« Reply #3730 on: May 21, 2018, 11:15:28 AM »
How much softer do the red Indy bushings end up riding than the aftermarket yellows? Both are cylinders. I found that with my yellows the kingpin nut was a tad too high above the kingpin and got hung up sometimes so I'm hoping to get a similar feel with it just a bit tighter.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3732 on: May 21, 2018, 12:14:51 PM »
And people used to bitch about Bones bushings bulging out on Theeves...

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 12:23:15 PM by Xen »

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
« Reply #3733 on: May 21, 2018, 12:16:06 PM »
Someone should send him a link to this thread. Dude is running Bones mediums mad tight. Poor guy doesn't know any better. I bet rob and others could give him some suggestions so he could improve his skating by getting the truck madness!

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -183
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #3734 on: May 21, 2018, 01:00:15 PM »

Tony used to skate for Theeve around that time that was happening with the v2ís too. He used to that shit lol

nopes

• Rep: 19
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #3735 on: May 21, 2018, 04:31:10 PM »
Are film trucks available in the us yet? If not can a europal help me buy a pair?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3736 on: May 21, 2018, 05:56:54 PM »

Tony used to skate for Theeve around that time that was happening with the v2ís too. He used to that shit lol

Yeah, Hawk made the rounds onto Fury too for a bit (Lance's truck co I think?)...pay Hawk to hawk your wares!

curbsmash

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3737 on: May 21, 2018, 06:02:38 PM »
pretty sure he rides 60mm wheels without risers, so the tight trucks are understandable but still insane.

rob

• Rep: -87
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #3738 on: May 22, 2018, 12:12:56 AM »
I know why he tightened them so much,

Itís crazy but I use to skate with this kid you guys might know Max Klein(hangs with Jesse alba and those guys) and he rode his indys with only the bottom bushing washer no small top washer and I asked why and he just said it feels better

I tried this out and basically

You can make your trucks loose but stable, only bad thing is the nut might chew through the bushing

Unless you have bones of course, tony just needs stability

Until they come out with the new indy low ima ride these mini logos
yes

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -383
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3739 on: May 22, 2018, 02:04:56 AM »
#famouslastwords
Iím going to save this post for when the madness hits you again in 72 hours!

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

rob

• Rep: -87
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #3740 on: May 22, 2018, 12:25:25 PM »
#famouslastwords
Iím going to save this post for when the madness hits you again in 72 hours!

Ahaha idk, lll tell you all this

The only con I can feel off the mini logo trucks is sometimes they stick on grinds on concrete cause I guess the material isnít as soft or hard or whatever, maybe cause theyíre too low and donít glide

But overall I like the way they feel

Indy lows though...
yes

NootNoot

« Reply #3741 on: May 22, 2018, 12:44:55 PM »
Rob I swear to SLAP if you change up your faviourite trucks to some other faviourite trucks in the next month I will dm you photos of my taint every single day until the Indy lows come out. So you better stick with mini logos because maybe taint photos sound like a positive but my taint is not pretty and will make you physically ill. We all care about you rob, you have a problem and I think you should consider locking up your skate tools in a safe somewhere and putting locktite or jbweld on all your hardware.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #3742 on: May 22, 2018, 02:22:15 PM »
So Iíve been skating indys with aftermarket orange for over a year now. Switched from all Titanium to titanium hangar and cast baseplate in January. Iím going to buy some rally green ace 44s for a Colony deck I just ordered. Just wanted to see if anyone wants to reassure/talk me out of this decision before I pull the trigger. Thanks fellow crazy fucks!
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

BMCsteve

« Reply #3743 on: May 22, 2018, 02:37:20 PM »
So Iíve been skating indys with aftermarket orange for over a year now. Switched from all Titanium to titanium hangar and cast baseplate in January. Iím going to buy some rally green ace 44s for a Colony deck I just ordered. Just wanted to see if anyone wants to reassure/talk me out of this decision before I pull the trigger. Thanks fellow crazy fucks!

Hey, have I told you my opinion?  ;)

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #3744 on: May 22, 2018, 02:43:33 PM »

yea, don't do it
hardly art, hardly starving

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3745 on: May 22, 2018, 02:45:08 PM »

You will not be disappointed with the ACEs except for weight (since you are coming off Titanium/forged plates).

Also, the green ones are fugly :P

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #3746 on: May 22, 2018, 02:50:50 PM »
Save your energy xen, I trust yours and robs judgement about as much as Iíd trust Chris Benoit for fatherly advice.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Sad Hippo

« Reply #3747 on: May 22, 2018, 02:57:40 PM »
Save your energy xen, I trust yours and robs judgement about as much as Iíd trust Chris Benoit for fatherly advice.
Fuck.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #3748 on: May 22, 2018, 03:09:10 PM »
BMC: you know you are part of my problem lol
Art: the idea of less wheel bite is very appealing. I skated 55s last year and I almost couldnít tell the difference between them and Titanium 159s.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3749 on: May 22, 2018, 04:09:17 PM »

That's not fair - I'm not nearly as flipfloppy as rob hell, I haven't even swapped trucks in over three months (that's a fucking stretch).

"Hi, my name is Xen and I've ridden the same truck setup for THREE weeks!"

"Hi, my name is Rob and I cry myself to sleep on a pile of hangers and baseplates!"

=D

J/K Rob