Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1220823 times)

Pigeon

Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #3690 on: May 21, 2018, 10:14:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Did I read the guy from cliche is doing a truck company?
[close]

Film? Haven't they been around forever?
They used to be on Cliche completes. I’m assuming they have a team now, and people are getting paid.

ballintoohard

« Reply #3691 on: May 21, 2018, 11:15:28 AM »
How much softer do the red Indy bushings end up riding than the aftermarket yellows? Both are cylinders. I found that with my yellows the kingpin nut was a tad too high above the kingpin and got hung up sometimes so I'm hoping to get a similar feel with it just a bit tighter.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #3693 on: May 21, 2018, 12:14:51 PM »
And people used to bitch about Bones bushings bulging out on Theeves...

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 12:23:15 PM by Xen »

Roisto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #3694 on: May 21, 2018, 12:16:06 PM »
Someone should send him a link to this thread. Dude is running Bones mediums mad tight. Poor guy doesn't know any better. I bet rob and others could give him some suggestions so he could improve his skating by getting the truck madness!

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #3695 on: May 21, 2018, 01:00:15 PM »

Tony used to skate for Theeve around that time that was happening with the v2’s too. He used to that shit lol

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #3696 on: May 21, 2018, 04:31:10 PM »
Are film trucks available in the us yet? If not can a europal help me buy a pair?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3697 on: May 21, 2018, 05:56:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Tony used to skate for Theeve around that time that was happening with the v2’s too. He used to that shit lol

Yeah, Hawk made the rounds onto Fury too for a bit (Lance's truck co I think?)...pay Hawk to hawk your wares!

curbsmash

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3698 on: May 21, 2018, 06:02:38 PM »
pretty sure he rides 60mm wheels without risers, so the tight trucks are understandable but still insane.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #3699 on: May 22, 2018, 12:12:56 AM »
I know why he tightened them so much,

It’s crazy but I use to skate with this kid you guys might know Max Klein(hangs with Jesse alba and those guys) and he rode his indys with only the bottom bushing washer no small top washer and I asked why and he just said it feels better

I tried this out and basically

You can make your trucks loose but stable, only bad thing is the nut might chew through the bushing

Unless you have bones of course, tony just needs stability

Until they come out with the new indy low ima ride these mini logos
yes

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3700 on: May 22, 2018, 02:04:56 AM »
#famouslastwords
I’m going to save this post for when the madness hits you again in 72 hours!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #3701 on: May 22, 2018, 12:25:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
#famouslastwords
I’m going to save this post for when the madness hits you again in 72 hours!

Ahaha idk, lll tell you all this

The only con I can feel off the mini logo trucks is sometimes they stick on grinds on concrete cause I guess the material isn’t as soft or hard or whatever, maybe cause they’re too low and don’t glide

But overall I like the way they feel

Indy lows though...
yes

NootNoot

« Reply #3702 on: May 22, 2018, 12:44:55 PM »
Rob I swear to SLAP if you change up your faviourite trucks to some other faviourite trucks in the next month I will dm you photos of my taint every single day until the Indy lows come out. So you better stick with mini logos because maybe taint photos sound like a positive but my taint is not pretty and will make you physically ill. We all care about you rob, you have a problem and I think you should consider locking up your skate tools in a safe somewhere and putting locktite or jbweld on all your hardware.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #3703 on: May 22, 2018, 02:22:15 PM »
So I’ve been skating indys with aftermarket orange for over a year now. Switched from all Titanium to titanium hangar and cast baseplate in January. I’m going to buy some rally green ace 44s for a Colony deck I just ordered. Just wanted to see if anyone wants to reassure/talk me out of this decision before I pull the trigger. Thanks fellow crazy fucks!
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #3704 on: May 22, 2018, 02:37:20 PM »
So I’ve been skating indys with aftermarket orange for over a year now. Switched from all Titanium to titanium hangar and cast baseplate in January. I’m going to buy some rally green ace 44s for a Colony deck I just ordered. Just wanted to see if anyone wants to reassure/talk me out of this decision before I pull the trigger. Thanks fellow crazy fucks!

Hey, have I told you my opinion?  ;)

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3705 on: May 22, 2018, 02:43:33 PM »

yea, don't do it
hardly art, hardly starving

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3706 on: May 22, 2018, 02:45:08 PM »

You will not be disappointed with the ACEs except for weight (since you are coming off Titanium/forged plates).

Also, the green ones are fugly :P

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #3707 on: May 22, 2018, 02:50:50 PM »
Save your energy xen, I trust yours and robs judgement about as much as I’d trust Chris Benoit for fatherly advice.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Sad Hippo

« Reply #3708 on: May 22, 2018, 02:57:40 PM »
Save your energy xen, I trust yours and robs judgement about as much as I’d trust Chris Benoit for fatherly advice.
Fuck.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #3709 on: May 22, 2018, 03:09:10 PM »
BMC: you know you are part of my problem lol
Art: the idea of less wheel bite is very appealing. I skated 55s last year and I almost couldn’t tell the difference between them and Titanium 159s.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3710 on: May 22, 2018, 04:09:17 PM »

That's not fair - I'm not nearly as flipfloppy as rob hell, I haven't even swapped trucks in over three months (that's a fucking stretch).

"Hi, my name is Xen and I've ridden the same truck setup for THREE weeks!"

"Hi, my name is Rob and I cry myself to sleep on a pile of hangers and baseplates!"

=D

J/K Rob

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #3711 on: May 22, 2018, 05:32:13 PM »
Art: the idea of less wheel bite is very appealing. I skated 55s last year and I almost couldn’t tell the difference between them and Titanium 159s.

The new Ace bushings are loose-y goose-y!  The older bushings actually worked better for me on my second to last gen 44's.  I'm back to my Ti 149's.  I wouldn't say Ace's are free of wheel bite entirely and happily trade the squirelly turn and less wheel bite in for a more stable feeling turn, but hey, I'm 34 and my metabolism is slowly dying. 

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #3712 on: May 22, 2018, 05:36:31 PM »
pretty sure he rides 60mm wheels without risers, so the tight trucks are understandable but still insane.

When we had a vert ramp my board had the tiniest amount of carve....negligible.....and guys would stand on my board and say....loose.  The thing was like 14' high so you generate a lot of speed... And it's skatelite....so you want zero carve....vert isn't tight...it's rock.

Diocletian

« Reply #3713 on: May 22, 2018, 08:33:28 PM »
I’d recommend anyone curious about Ace to just go for it. Coming from Indy you will feel right away how much faster and deeper you can turn without having to mess with bushings or pivot cups. I know plenty of people ride stock Indy’s and are fine with it, but just picture that, except a better performing truck. That’s Ace. Simple as that.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #3714 on: May 22, 2018, 09:25:24 PM »
Jamerson: you’re argument almost worked except by your logic all I would need is harder bushings. I got way too much wheelbite with thunders and would gladly pay an extra 3-5 bucks for harder bushings to atleast deal with less wheelbite and still be able to carve.

That being said, I am not selling/throwing away my 3 sets of indys I’m currently riding until I’m completely sold on aces. And even if I only kinda like aces, I still have all my trusty indys to fall back on. I’m not risking much, and I think the green looks dope and will look sick on the colony which is mostly greenish.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #3715 on: May 23, 2018, 08:44:41 AM »
Jamerson: you’re argument almost worked except by your logic all I would need is harder bushings. I got way too much wheelbite with thunders and would gladly pay an extra 3-5 bucks for harder bushings to atleast deal with less wheelbite and still be able to carve.

If you want less wheelbite-try theeve - they got the oval yoke tech.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #3716 on: May 23, 2018, 09:05:47 AM »
Feel the madness creeping back in. Kinda missing my Thunder 147 hi. As dumb as this is, preferred when they came with the yellow-clear bushings as opposed to blue.
Enjoying my Indys but the light weight yet high kickflips from thunder I am missing

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #3717 on: May 23, 2018, 10:45:01 AM »
Feel the madness creeping back in. Kinda missing my Thunder 147 hi. As dumb as this is, preferred when they came with the yellow-clear bushings as opposed to blue.
Enjoying my Indys but the light weight yet high kickflips from thunder I am missing

I kept going back to thunder because I could pop higher with them.  I would setup two identical boards, one with Thunders and one with Indy or Ace and the Thunder pop was always effortless while the Indy/Ace pop was a struggle.  I finally learned this (for me) was due to the trucks effect on wheelbase. 

Once I moved up .25" in wheelbase for Indys or Ace it would give me the same pop as Thunders on the shorter WB

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #3718 on: May 23, 2018, 10:50:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I kept going back to thunder because I could pop higher with them.  I would setup two identical boards, one with Thunders and one with Indy or Ace and the Thunder pop was always effortless while the Indy/Ace pop was a struggle.  I finally learned this (for me) was due to the trucks effect on wheelbase. 

Once I moved up .25" in wheelbase for Indys or Ace it would give me the same pop as Thunders on the shorter WB

Interesting! I haven't messed around with wheelbase on my decks yet. It's weird because I've felt pretty good with these Indys minus some pop on ollies and kickflips and the occasional stank foot Ollie (rear foot 6 inches above ascending board - the worst). Flips are consistent but not near as high as they were with thunder. I also did like that I never adjusted my thunders and rode them as is and they were fine.

halfsleeper

• Rep: 9
« Reply #3719 on: May 23, 2018, 11:27:06 AM »
i've pretty much rode indys my whole life, last few years with bones bushings. was on a skate trip this weekend and realized every one of the homies had thunders, so i'm going to give the team lights a try. what should i expect? bushing swap necessary? am i doomed to a future of tinkering?
tiny hat, big heart.