Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1220683 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #3930 on: June 20, 2018, 06:17:46 PM »
Haha you guys tell your wives about this shit?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #3931 on: June 20, 2018, 06:50:32 PM »
I have no choice! I disappear for 20 minutes downstairs and she wants answers. The worst part is i probably have a guilty look on my face like I was caught jerking of.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3932 on: June 20, 2018, 07:18:40 PM »
I have no choice! I disappear for 20 minutes downstairs and she wants answers. The worst part is i probably have a guilty look on my face like I was caught jerking of.
via Imgflip Meme Generator

fang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3933 on: June 20, 2018, 07:26:09 PM »
Haha, pretty much.

NJFly318

• Rep: 3
« Reply #3934 on: June 20, 2018, 07:48:04 PM »
any Venture people on here? I got a set of the blank ones and I love em, I don't know how much has changed since the Street corner to DLX thing but I set em up and left them factory tightness, does anyone use em with the bones bushings? Just curious

I am riding the 5.8 “AWAKE” with green hangers, put the Indy white super soft barrel bushing in them. I love them super stable and minimal wheel bite, they turn great and nose/tail slides are on point.

I haven’t tryed bones bushings because I blew every set out in my Thunders. I think that I am sold on the new Ventures. When I need new trucks they will be the polished or 5.8 lites.

nosneb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #3935 on: June 20, 2018, 07:51:56 PM »
I ride polished Venture 5.8s with stock bushings, top one shaved half way down.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3936 on: June 20, 2018, 10:29:45 PM »
Haha, pretty much.

I love this....gonna insta story it right now....

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3937 on: June 20, 2018, 10:38:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Haha, pretty much.
[close]

I love this....gonna insta story it right now....
please do!

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #3938 on: June 21, 2018, 05:41:29 PM »
I purchased some of the down low king pins to put on some 149 indys. Does anyone know what the name of the tool/apparatus that is used to push the kingpin out in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5oOP2OvhRs
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #3939 on: June 22, 2018, 02:08:43 AM »
looks just like a workshop press?

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #3940 on: June 22, 2018, 07:00:40 AM »
I disappear for 20 minutes to the den and she wants answers. The worst part is I definitely have a guilty look on my face like I was caught jerking of.
Change a couple words and we are the same.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3941 on: June 22, 2018, 11:04:43 AM »
thought they'd have came with piss yellow bushings but theyre blue

fang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3942 on: June 22, 2018, 11:43:18 AM »
thought they'd have came with piss yellow bushings but theyre blue

That freaked me out too. Apparently that's the color now. Don't worry, still skate the same

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3943 on: June 22, 2018, 12:06:47 PM »
came loose as fuck, had to crank it down a few threads and theyve been pretty solid so far. great turn, no wheelbite. got a few tricks on a ledge i was struggling with the other day too.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #3944 on: June 22, 2018, 10:14:19 PM »
Wife busted me putting my Indys back on last night  :-X
She was all "it's storming out anyway?!?!"
"Could dry up, super humid out there, These were built to grind yo". (It rained through the night)

Worst part is how she repeatedly has said, since my madness started "I dunno why you mess around, you're just gonna use Indys again". She is wise beyond her years, I should probably just stick to Indys and stop messing around. I definitely like stage 11 over 10 (which I did like though), and 1000% over stage 9. Almost need a note by my basement door that says "face it, you're an Indy guy. Built to grind, Fuck the rest, etc."

Indy’s were on my very first set up and I’ve gotten intrigued to tried other trucks but I almost always instantly regret not sticking with Indy (some times I like other trucks for a while but always go back to Indys). I just like how they can be ridden loose and are both stable and well turning at the same time.

It’s to the point that if I was pro I’d still ride Indys no mater how much another truck company would pay me.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:16:06 PM by Jud Nestorkins »

fang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3945 on: June 23, 2018, 02:20:24 PM »
See Koston going back and forth from venture and thunder here. Can anyone tell what trucks Guy is using? At 0:24 is probably easiest

http://youtu.be/jOM-zQhCp9A

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #3946 on: June 23, 2018, 02:39:07 PM »
See Koston going back and forth from venture and thunder here. Can anyone tell what trucks Guy is using? At 0:24 is probably easiest

Guy is one of the only pros to actually skate Royals as he's one of the founders (along with Johnson?).

micky682

« Reply #3947 on: June 23, 2018, 02:42:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Guy is one of the only pros to actually skate Royals as he's one of the founders (along with Johnson?).
I don’t think he rides Royal since it’s still under Crailtap.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #3948 on: June 23, 2018, 02:52:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Yeah, Guy’s not on the team page anymore.
www.royalskateboardtrucks.com
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

fang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3949 on: June 23, 2018, 05:39:55 PM »
I was guessing they were thunders but I can't see shit on my phone

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #3950 on: June 24, 2018, 07:13:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
Yeah, Guy’s not on the team page anymore.
www.royalskateboardtrucks.com

I agree with fang, probably thunders

True he was one of the only people to actually ride royals

Royals are so odd to me, they’re good for me when I barely start a session then once the bushings get warmed up no matter how tight I have them they start getting that Walmart mushy stiff loose feel

They help a lot with quick pop and flip tricks but they suck for stability and feel, they feel almost worse than that fragile forged feel I use to get with 8” trucks with forged plates

I can do the forged with a heavy hangar on 144/148/149 but anything smaller sized with a lot of light weight components just throws me off, I think cause of the lack of stability and light weight makes them feel too much for my adult weight and landing
yes

Sad Hippo

« Reply #3951 on: June 24, 2018, 08:00:53 PM »
Anyone have newish Thunder 147s? Did they ever update their height and kingpin clearance? Been thinking about going 8" or -8" and that's kind of a deal breaker.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3952 on: June 24, 2018, 09:51:16 PM »
Epiphany: Have a clear out.

I dropped a ton of stuff at my local to be handed out to the groms...down to a cruiser and a regular setup; no extra decks on hand, one set of backup wheels (spit radial slims with a chunk missing) and some bigger SPFs if I feel the need.

Thunders are off the radar; my time to skate is limited now and my local (~than two blocks away) is mainly tranny and could never get them dialed for it due to wheelbite.

Slapped together some 144 forged indy hollows: riptide cups and 88a Indy aftermarkets (barrel bottoms+stock washer, shaved top+bones washer) to face off against the Theeves...which only feel right with bones softs but after a while, the softs mush out (my old mediums feel like they've turned to stone after a period of no use and felt terrible).

If I wasn't worried about weight I'd probably just stick with ACEs and call it day.

So close....

baustin

• Rep: 115
« Reply #3953 on: June 25, 2018, 07:10:39 AM »
Anyone have newish Thunder 147s? Did they ever update their height and kingpin clearance? Been thinking about going 8" or -8" and that's kind of a deal breaker.

I got mine about 2 months ago. To my knowledge they're the same they've been since the redesign several years ago (2011??) except they come with blue bushings instead of yellow. I'm hoping for a 147 update soon. Didn't someone say recently Deluxe was working on a new design with extended baseplates or something?

Sad Hippo

« Reply #3954 on: June 25, 2018, 07:55:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got mine about 2 months ago. To my knowledge they're the same they've been since the redesign several years ago (2011??) except they come with blue bushings instead of yellow. I'm hoping for a 147 update soon. Didn't someone say recently Deluxe was working on a new design with extended baseplates or something?
Yea there were a couple of pics floating around of extended baseplates, but nothing for a long time. I wish they’d hurry it up. Seems like any change in a truck takes years for some reason.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3955 on: June 25, 2018, 10:47:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yea there were a couple of pics floating around of extended baseplates, but nothing for a long time. I wish they’d hurry it up. Seems like any change in a truck takes years for some reason.

I'd imagine it's pretty simple if all they were doing was adding a little more meat to the baseplate at the pivot: re-design, prototype, test, lock it in, make a mold, test yields, another round of testing and go, especially given how long the rumor has been in the wild (and who knows how long they've been kicking around the idea). But perhaps they are looking to tweek other shit now seeing as wanting less wheelbite seems to be a real thing nowadays?

Then add in marketing, picking the pro trucks, manufacturing, shipping, etc., etc.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #3956 on: June 25, 2018, 01:32:46 PM »
Also gotta take into account that no one will want the old trucks anymore and distributors and shops left with shitloads of them will be bummed.

fang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3957 on: June 26, 2018, 04:41:10 PM »
92 v lights? Featherlights? Or just the old font?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkGSWSDlcyf/?hl=en
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 06:01:24 PM by fang »

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #3958 on: June 27, 2018, 11:17:01 AM »
ACE baseplates work really great with Theeve hangars fyi. May lift your board a mm or two, and shortens the wb by same.

That is all.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #3959 on: June 27, 2018, 09:37:40 PM »
what about mag plates on tih hangers?  The ultimate frankentruck......