Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1220655 times)

hangontoyourego

Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #4020 on: July 11, 2018, 08:02:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Pondering putting bones bushings in my thunders. Is this a good combo? What do I need to do / not do ? Washers etc. Just want to try something new
[close]

Compared to Thunders the Bones top is too tall and the Bones bottom is too short. Plus the Bones' diameter is a fair bit larger than Thunders. Thunder aftermarkets are where it's at. Plus you could buy two different duro's to fuck around with for the price of one set of Bones.

I’m skating thunders with no washers & aftermarket thunder bushings
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 08:10:28 PM by hangontoyourego »

Sad Hippo

« Reply #4021 on: July 11, 2018, 08:04:11 PM »
Doesn't 144p run bones in his thunders?

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #4022 on: July 11, 2018, 08:11:43 PM »
If it works for ya, keep on rocking. I never had any luck with Bones in Thunders personally, made the turn weird for me. 

ultrabra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #4023 on: July 12, 2018, 07:28:29 AM »
Thunder aftermarkets fit the best. I have had bones on my thunders, and they have worked fine. The time they lasted.
I couldn´t get my hands on any harder thunder bushings. So i´m rocking barrelbushing on my set. With an bit thicker bottom washer. Correct´s a bit the height, and might not bend too soon.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 11:31:11 PM by ultrabra »

baustin

• Rep: 115
« Reply #4024 on: July 12, 2018, 07:43:32 AM »
I like Thunders bone stock, I think their bushings are already perfect. Any time I've tried bones in them they blew out pretty quick. If you gotta get a different durometer go for Thunder aftermarket like others have said.

Italianshredder96

• Rep: 8
« Reply #4025 on: July 12, 2018, 08:20:05 AM »
Pondering putting bones bushings in my thunders. Is this a good combo? What do I need to do / not do ? Washers etc. Just want to try something new

I loved bones bushings in thunder, untill I tried thunder aftermarket, give em a ahot, they're so so good!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4026 on: July 12, 2018, 08:46:12 AM »
Truth....if they marketed them as supercush I'd care more.....but I'd still try em for sure.  But my wheels are turning and I wouldn't put it past me to start snooping around some longboard shit....

MetaldudeX

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4027 on: July 12, 2018, 11:27:26 AM »
I haven’t searched this whole thread, so this may be answered, but how well does the krux Downlow kingpin work with Indy’s or thunders?

I’ve seen some pictures online of them in both was wondering if it was difficult getting them in.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #4028 on: July 12, 2018, 11:40:17 AM »
Did we miss this? Thread moves so fast....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAwRiC8QZPQ

TL;DW

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 11:46:36 AM by Xen »

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #4029 on: July 12, 2018, 12:22:13 PM »
Truth....if they marketed them as supercush I'd care more.....but I'd still try em for sure.  But my wheels are turning and I wouldn't put it past me to start snooping around some longboard shit....

https://shop.ccs.com/deluxe-supercush-bushings?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIubWVnaOa3AIVxAOGCh0HTw3aEAQYAiABEgJ93vD_BwE

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #4030 on: July 12, 2018, 12:39:59 PM »
Did we miss this? Thread moves so fast....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAwRiC8QZPQ

TL;DW

Goddammit

Good info, but this isn't gonna help quell the madness by any means

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4031 on: July 12, 2018, 01:37:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://shop.ccs.com/deluxe-supercush-bushings?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIubWVnaOa3AIVxAOGCh0HTw3aEAQYAiABEgJ93vD_BwE

They aren't pushing the brand enough....supercush was sick....they need to try harder....

I'm actually enjoying the stock bushings on the teams.  Eventually they'll mush out though.

I think krux works in indys, but likely not w. forged baseplates.....

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #4032 on: July 12, 2018, 01:43:12 PM »
They should have weighed in grams! This is not precise enough and it's stupid units. Also missing the all titanium Theeve & probably a bunch of others that would be interesting to some.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4033 on: July 12, 2018, 02:16:51 PM »
They should have weighed in grams! This is not precise enough and it's stupid units. Also missing the all titanium Theeve & probably a bunch of others that would be interesting to some.

Guess they just used what they had in stock (No thunder ti or hollow teams either). Gram measurement would have been better seeing as that is the unit most use to (indy/krux/tensor) measure.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4034 on: July 12, 2018, 03:44:54 PM »

JSoy - Not to add to your truck neuroses, but I've been skating Khiro Conical Busings in my Thunders for the past 5 years. Only place I have ever found them though is from Mike Hirsch at SoCal Skateshop. They are the exact same thing as Bones Bushings just have a metal washer attached at top instead of a plastic washer. No need for any additional bushings washers, top or bottom. I love them. I skate the med/soft 90 (red) but I also like loose trucks because I have been known to do slappies and nothing else for 90 minutes straight.

Diocletian

« Reply #4035 on: July 12, 2018, 04:00:46 PM »
I like having a standard “heavy” truck. I remember when I had thunder titanium lights my board was so feather light everything felt unnatural. Your set-up is supposed to have some decent heft. I don’t know how old pool and vert dudes can catch so much air with 9-10” wide boards and gigantic wheels, trucks, and risers though. To me, that’s when it’s classified as “too heavy”. But 8.25-8.5” popsicles that most of us ride with regular trucks and wheels is not bad. Come on guys...

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #4036 on: July 12, 2018, 04:14:26 PM »
I like having a standard “heavy” truck. I remember when I had thunder titanium lights my board was so feather light everything felt unnatural. Your set-up is supposed to have some decent heft. I don’t know how old pool and vert dudes can catch so much air with 9-10” wide boards and gigantic wheels, trucks, and risers though. To me, that’s when it’s classified as “too heavy”. But 8.25-8.5” popsicles that most of us ride with regular trucks and wheels is not bad. Come on guys...

Ehh, I’ve heard this before and I’m not knocking it but personally, I defintely prefer lighter trucks. I do a lot of high ollies/tall grinds and when it comes to those 3 foot plus heights, you want every gram possible. It’s all preference though, I could see how some might not want their board to feel “flimsy”

All that being said, who else in here has tried those new all-terrain Tensors? 🤔

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4037 on: July 12, 2018, 04:22:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

JSoy - Not to add to your truck neuroses, but I've been skating Khiro Conical Busings in my Thunders for the past 5 years. Only place I have ever found them though is from Mike Hirsch at SoCal Skateshop. They are the exact same thing as Bones Bushings just have a metal washer attached at top instead of a plastic washer. No need for any additional bushings washers, top or bottom. I love them. I skate the med/soft 90 (red) but I also like loose trucks because I have been known to do slappies and nothing else for 90 minutes straight.

Last I heard Khiro is a bust, last bit of stock out there is it...could be bad info tho.

Speed!

Expand Quote
[close]

Ehh, I’ve heard this before and I’m not knocking it but personally, I defintely prefer lighter trucks. I do a lot of high ollies/tall grinds and when it comes to those 3 foot plus heights, you want every gram possible. It’s all preference though, I could see how some might not want their board to feel “flimsy”

All that being said, who else in here has tried those new all-terrain Tensors?

I've preferred a lighter setup since I started skating, back then shit was seriously heavy (8" trucks weren't even a thing yet;), as I can feel the difference with ollies. Much of this has to do with riding 8.25" - 8.38" with a bigger board (more wood) I prefer to trim weight where I can. That said, my cutoff is with full hollows, after much back and forth with Ti models don't seem worth the money (exception being indies).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 06:09:06 PM by Xen »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4038 on: July 12, 2018, 06:12:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They aren't pushing the brand enough....supercush was sick....they need to try harder....

I'm actually enjoying the stock bushings on the teams.  Eventually they'll mush out though.

I think krux works in indys, but likely not w. forged baseplates.....

Smartass

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4039 on: July 13, 2018, 06:42:29 AM »

All that being said, who else in here has tried those new all-terrain Tensors? 🤔

I've been skating those new Tensor Mags for the last month or so, and they're surprisingly good imo. I mean it took Tensor fucking long enough, but they actually turn without have to swap bushings. That being said I wouldn't recommend them for tranny, as they still don't turn as good as Indys.
Still has that hollow sound but not nearly as bad as the regulars. Also stupid light, which is nice but it's not for everyone.

The biggest draw to these are that they fucking grind smooth. Honestly, a little too smooth, as I have slipped out with these more than any other truck. On metal it slick as fuck, so be careful when hitting metal with speed. Crusty painted curbs on the other hand are fucking great without wax. They feel like someone waxed it just the right amount.

They fixed how fast they wear down. They still wear down quick, but not nearly as fast as the regular Magnesiums. Probably changed the formula up to make em more durable.

Overall I like them, not as bad as they used to be, and worth a try if you're curious.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #4040 on: July 13, 2018, 08:55:25 AM »
Tried the Ace mag plates with Theeve TiH hangars and Krux bushings and kingpin and riptide bushings- really nice if you need to get them loosey-goosey but I still prefer the snappy turn of bones mediums.

Also, the rumors about the titanium hangars being sticky on metal and slick on everything else is true. Theeve should do some magnesium shit next.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4041 on: July 13, 2018, 09:31:58 AM »
I found on granite they were a bit sticky.....waxed concrete they were great....

Gonna put it out there....anyone interested in the 8.5 tih's?  I'll sell my set. 

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #4042 on: July 13, 2018, 12:33:54 PM »
I found on granite they were a bit sticky.....waxed concrete they were great....

Gonna put it out there....anyone interested in the 8.5 tih's?  I'll sell my set.

how much shipped to ca

KingKook

« Reply #4043 on: July 14, 2018, 08:24:26 AM »
Is Indy making suspension trucks, or just suspension trucks stickers?

ungzilla

« Reply #4044 on: July 14, 2018, 08:29:16 AM »
that's the sticker they send you in your box when everyone finds out you've got a thing for swastikas and they need to stop paying you for a minute

KingKook

« Reply #4045 on: July 14, 2018, 08:31:46 AM »
that's the sticker they send you in your box when everyone finds out you've got a thing for swastikas and they need to stop paying you for a minute
Hahaha so this must be the new Jason Jesee sticker. 

Just wanted to see some pics if there was a new truck coming out. Ive seen the other suspension trucks and am mildly interested in what Indy would do with the idea.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 08:33:35 AM by KingKook »

hangontoyourego

« Reply #4046 on: July 14, 2018, 09:34:44 AM »

Gonna try some doh dohs that my friend gave me . Not sure what’s stage Indy this is with the hollow truck but I dig em . Feel lame form going from Indy to thunder back to Indy cause I got an 8.25 deck and I don’t have smaller thunders . Oh well

Weartested Reviews

• Rep: 10
« Reply #4047 on: July 15, 2018, 12:22:07 AM »

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #4048 on: July 15, 2018, 12:55:50 AM »
We did a new Thunder Trucks checkout/review

http://www.weartested.com/thunder-trucks-titanium-lights-148/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk-mka3FotV/?taken-by=weartested

"The truck’s axel is made out of titanium, which makes it a bit harder to wear down through grinds, compared to trucks made out of steel alloys."

??????

full of jerks

• Rep: -33
« Reply #4049 on: July 15, 2018, 03:12:26 PM »
I tried Theeve and in my opinion they are most similar to Venture.  The most noticeable characteristic was the way they turn to a point and then stop.  A pro of that is that it can limit wheel bite, but it mostly sucks.  It feels awful when you need to turn more and nothing comes.