Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 293619 times)

FrozenIndustries

• Rep: 5
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #4140 on: August 01, 2018, 06:56:11 AM »
Seconded Supercrush, though I am running the purple (I believe 97a) in my v-light 5.8s.

franquietits

• Rep: 34
« Reply #4141 on: August 01, 2018, 07:46:01 AM »
Degros does it again with another thorough review.

Now we just need a mini logo review to settle it once and for all... IF HE HAS THE GUTS!

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
  • Die Slow
« Reply #4142 on: August 01, 2018, 08:51:35 AM »
Seconded Supercrush, though I am running the purple (I believe 97a) in my v-light 5.8s.
Does it change the geometry at all?

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #4143 on: August 01, 2018, 09:15:07 AM »
Nope. Pretty sure since venture went to Deluxe they are using supercush (or at least the shape) as the standard in there, but the red ones that came stock were just too soft.

cynical cow

« Reply #4144 on: August 01, 2018, 02:19:45 PM »
I just switched to Ace from Indy after 12 years of strictly Indy. I loveeee them. I got the 33s but I'm thinking I should have got the 44s because I'm liking 8.12 to 8.25 boards a lot more than my usual 8.0s.

TheVisitor

• Rep: -12
« Reply #4145 on: August 02, 2018, 12:13:28 AM »
Want to trade Thunder Titanmiums 147 or 149 for Ace 44's. Preferably for the most recent Ace redesign. I have both Forged and Cast hollow kingpin baseplates availabe for the Thunders. Will also consider Hollow Indy 144/149.

My Thunders are skated but have plenty of life left. No blown out bushings or pivot cups, plenty of meat left on the axles.

rob

• Rep: -87
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #4146 on: August 02, 2018, 01:00:08 AM »

Now we just need a mini logo review to settle it once and for all... IF HE HAS THE GUTS!

Haha if he responds to this thread to me Iíll send him my second set to try!!

Also I recently got some tensor alloys(yes the cheap ones) which are basically dwindles generic stock trucks they put on their completes and so far from what Iím feeling

They feel like what I think the old indys that everyone on here rants about being the best stage indys feels like, I feel these trucks are what the indy stage 7 were like

They have a somewhat similar look generally and I think height

Theyíre about 53ish mm give or take and they they are like a more responsive indy to me

The aluminum does feel cheap but so far I like them just cause I think theyíre cool
yes

ultrabra

• Rep: -1
« Reply #4147 on: August 02, 2018, 08:19:37 AM »

Minilogo review would be nice.
My guess is that it is the magnesium alloy, not the suspension that speeds up the grinds.
Perhaps.

Juggalo420BlazeIt

• Rep: -7
« Reply #4148 on: August 02, 2018, 08:29:53 AM »
Black tensor 5.0, hardest bushings. 

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #4149 on: August 02, 2018, 09:10:04 AM »

Minilogo review would be nice.
My guess is that it is the magnesium alloy, not the suspension that speeds up the grinds.
Perhaps.

That's what I was thinking; couple that with how easy mag grinds, it's going to be smoother and feel different than typical aluminum.

Diocletian

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4150 on: August 02, 2018, 01:32:03 PM »
$25 for a brand new set of stage 1 Aceís if anyone wants them. Shipping included continental USA only.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -186
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #4151 on: August 03, 2018, 09:02:19 AM »
Curiousity got to me so I finally copped those new All-terrain Tensor MagLites. Between shipping & this hot ass weather I probably wonít get to skate them til next weekend but ima put in some work on them and do a lil mini review or something once theyíre broken in and I have good feel for em

Smartass

• Rep: 29
« Reply #4152 on: August 03, 2018, 11:06:04 PM »
Curiousity got to me so I finally copped those new All-terrain Tensor MagLites. Between shipping & this hot ass weather I probably wonít get to skate them til next weekend but ima put in some work on them and do a lil mini review or something once theyíre broken in and I have good feel for em

Which ones did you end up picking up?

I'm noticing that some of the pro models are using the bushing cup in the base plate vs regular ones using bottom washers.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -186
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #4153 on: August 04, 2018, 12:27:11 PM »

Which ones did you end up picking up?

I'm noticing that some of the pro models are using the bushing cup in the base plate vs regular ones using bottom washers.

Interesting, I never noticed that before but I just saw some zered basset trucks without the bottom bushing washer. I got the regular silver mag lites though...now I might have to fuck around with both setups to see if it makes a difference

I donít think Iíve done a full on truck review before and Iím really interested to see if Tensor can come through as a solid truck option with this redesign. Thereís a lot of little details like the interlocking bushings or the little nubs on the bottom of the baseplate that press into the deck so the truck doesnít shift around once the screw holes start to widen out that intrigue me as well. Should be fun testing them out!

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #4154 on: August 04, 2018, 01:22:48 PM »
@Sk8Dood - They've also lowered the kingpin significantly on those redesigned Tensor. This thread had me going through a box of old trucks to try something other than Thunder and I found these older Tensor MagLite 10 Hi. I don't even remember buying these. Decent enough trucks but there are some differences to Thunder that I am used to. The turn is much different. I use Khiro conical in my Thunders and it's a really loose, surfy carve. These Tensor I really have to lean into the turn.

The kingpin in these is way too high for my taste. Hard to tell from this angle but it looks like it almost sits flush with the hangar and it gets caught on just about every grind. I watched the video of the new ones and it looks like dropping the kp was a big focus.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #4155 on: August 04, 2018, 01:31:57 PM »
I get the impression that they grind down super fast too.....I could see me getting them....doing tons of slappies and then bumming that I needed new ones....

Smartass

• Rep: 29
« Reply #4156 on: August 04, 2018, 01:51:14 PM »
I get the impression that they grind down super fast too.....I could see me getting them....doing tons of slappies and then bumming that I needed new ones....

For the older Mag-Lights like heritage's set, that's pretty much the case. Me and my homie put a a nice notch in his first day running them.

On the new All-Terrain ones they changed up the formula so they're a lot more durable. Still grind super smooth, older ones are smoother, but these are going to last way longer.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4157 on: August 04, 2018, 02:31:49 PM »

For the older Mag-Lights like heritage's set, that's pretty much the case. Me and my homie put a a nice notch in his first day running them.

On the new All-Terrain ones they changed up the formula so they're a lot more durable. Still grind super smooth, older ones are smoother, but these are going to last way longer.

I think I am going to try the new design. The quality is there. I like the looks of the new truck, and after the watching the video of what was changed they improved everything that needed attention. They weren't just unnecessary tweaks.

EDIT: Question about sizing: certain sites have them listed as 5.25, 5.5, etc and some have them listed as 8.25, 8.5. Would the 8.25 be equivalent to Thunder 148 and 8.5 would be equivalent to Thunder 149?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 02:36:51 PM by heritage »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #4158 on: August 04, 2018, 03:07:16 PM »

I think I am going to try the new design. The quality is there. I like the looks of the new truck, and after the watching the video of what was changed they improved everything that needed attention. They weren't just unnecessary tweaks.

EDIT: Question about sizing: certain sites have them listed as 5.25, 5.5, etc and some have them listed as 8.25, 8.5. Would the 8.25 be equivalent to Thunder 148 and 8.5 would be equivalent to Thunder 149?

5.5 = 8.125"
5.75 = 8.38"
6.0 = 8.625"

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4159 on: August 04, 2018, 08:20:43 PM »

That's good to hear....I think dwindle is capable of making good products....the decks aren't the lay up I like but I've never heard quality control was much of a problem....

rob

• Lance Mountain
« Reply #4160 on: August 04, 2018, 08:58:09 PM »
I Love dwindle stuff,

The full shape is my reliable everytime goto shape and deck when Iím not feeling to get adventurous with another brand

The tensors sizing is true now with the all terrain and the alloys

Iím riding the alloys right now and got both the 8.25 and 8 and so far I like them a lot, theyíre around 51mm tall I think and the stock bushings are kinda that Walmart tight loose but actually tolerable

Swapped them out with bones Hards and theyíre perfect, Iím gonna try and grab a set of the all terrain next but idk Forsure yet cause once I touch 53mm+ height trucks things things get too tall for me, mainly pop wise and jumping high enough to catch and keep up with the board

Still waiting to see those new indy lows for 2019
yes

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4161 on: August 04, 2018, 09:19:47 PM »
Rob - what size board are you riding the 8.25 on?

And what do you mean the sizing is true? In relation to the sizing on the older set I posted above?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4162 on: August 04, 2018, 09:31:21 PM »
I'm having bitch of a time getting the kingpins out of my team hollows.....any pointers?

Mongoloid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 287
  • Oozing Machismo
« Reply #4163 on: August 04, 2018, 09:53:02 PM »
$25 for a brand new set of stage 1 Aceís if anyone wants them. Shipping included continental USA only.

Size?
I wouldn't even try to aquire an elephant that would be mad selfish I don't have the means to give him a comfortable life

rob

• Lance Mountain
« Reply #4164 on: August 04, 2018, 10:12:04 PM »

And what do you mean the sizing is true? In relation to the sizing on the older set I posted above?

Riding the 8.25 on my 8.25 rick howard girl and kinda prefer it because I can keep the true wheelbase compared the thunders pushing it out

The older tensors(the tens regulars and lows) follow the old sizing where 5.25=7.9 & 5.5=8.125 but the alloys and all terrain are actually 5.25=8 and 5.5=8.25

From what Iím getting so far with my alloys, I can post a pic of you want(with the label 5.25 and a tape measure axle to axle)
yes

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4165 on: August 04, 2018, 10:27:13 PM »

Riding the 8.25 on my 8.25 rick howard girl and kinda prefer it because I can keep the true wheelbase compared the thunders pushing it out

The older tensors(the tens regulars and lows) follow the old sizing where 5.25=7.9 & 5.5=8.125 but the alloys and all terrain are actually 5.25=8 and 5.5=8.25

From what Iím getting so far with my alloys, I can post a pic of you want(with the label 5.25 and a tape measure axle to axle)

This helps quite a bit. The older pair I posted above are 5.75. The axle measures 8.3 and the hanger measures just a hair under 6.75. I can't decide with the new geometry if I want to go 5.75 or 5.5. Can you do me a favor whenever you get the chance, positively no rush, is measure the hanger width on your 5.5. Thanks Rob.

rob

• Lance Mountain
« Reply #4166 on: August 05, 2018, 01:56:50 PM »

This helps quite a bit. The older pair I posted above are 5.75. The axle measures 8.3 and the hanger measures just a hair under 6.75. I can't decide with the new geometry if I want to go 5.75 or 5.5. Can you do me a favor whenever you get the chance, positively no rush, is measure the hanger width on your 5.5. Thanks Rob.

Definitely

Iíll post it tomorrow fur ya

Also the tensor 5.5/8.25 alloys are a little wider than the 8.25 girl

Just a tiny though
yes

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • ants suck!
« Reply #4167 on: August 05, 2018, 03:59:17 PM »
Are sternum trucks a real thing?
Ive been following for  while but all they do is fucking the chest
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Diocletian

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4168 on: August 05, 2018, 06:34:51 PM »

Size?

They were 44ís. Sold.

cosmicgypsies

• Rep: 114
« Reply #4169 on: August 06, 2018, 05:41:42 AM »
I'm having bitch of a time getting the kingpins out of my team hollows.....any pointers?

oven