Author Topic: Krux K4's  (Read 9436 times)

Koji-Wu

Krux K4's
« on: December 26, 2015, 02:04:20 PM »
Has anyone tried them? In the market for some new trucks and thinking of giving these ago, just wondering if anyone has skated them and what did they think?

Such

Re: Krux K4's
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 02:40:58 PM »
Quote from: Koji-Wu  link=topic=88960.msg2424476#msg2424476 date=1451167460
Has anyone tried them? In the market for some new trucks and thinking of giving these ago, just wondering if anyone has skated them and what did they think?

i had some 8.0 krux and they werent too good honestly. i only got to skate them for a month before the pivot cups broke, rendering them useless. krux replacement pivot cups are pretty much impossible to come by. would not recommend. the felt unstable.

TrustNo1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 04:12:45 PM »
I've got a friend who swears by these. He won't even switch out the bushings for bones, apparently Krux has really good stock bushings. He's also told me multiple times that it's the only truck he's had where his kingpin doesn't get caught a lot. I'm planning on trying them out for myself here soon.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 04:23:09 PM »
I haven't used anything else since they came out. The bushings man.

Xtal

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 05:27:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i had some 8.0 krux and they werent too good honestly. i only got to skate them for a month before the pivot cups broke, rendering them useless. krux replacement pivot cups are pretty much impossible to come by. would not recommend. the felt unstable.

You can now buy Krux bushings directly from NHS and most online skate shops. Comes with the pivot cups, too.

I've been curious to try a set of the 5.0 talls but I always talk myself out of it. I feel as though they are more of a street truck and I mainly skate transition. Ace or Indy can't really be beat in that realm. I may throw some Krux cushions in my Indy's though.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 05:59:49 PM »
Get them, Krux have always been great product. Their bushings, lightweight and low kingpin all winners. The only reason I haven't bought them is because these indys last a year or two.

jpmulls

• Rep: 6
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 09:13:01 PM »
Got a set of 8.5s a month ago. No complaints. Shorter break in period than my independents too.

256 Ply

• Rep: 22
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 10:49:23 PM »
Quote from: Koji-Wu  link=topic=88960.msg2424476#msg2424476 date=1451167460
Expand Quote
[close]

It's the standard pivot size. Pivots from Indepndent, Thunder, Minilogo, Khiro (small) will all fit in Krux. Or take a set from your old trucks and more than likely they will be compatible.

Xtal

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 06:15:01 AM »
Get them, Krux have always been great product. Their bushings, lightweight and low kingpin all winners. The only reason I haven't bought them is because these indys last a year or two.

Maybe one day I'll grab some Krux. I just ordered some of those expensive ass forged titanium Indy's last night.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 07:08:44 AM »
NHS has some trucks on sale right now. http://www.nhsfunfactory.com/sale/2/Trucks/

I think the reggae-colored ones are the only K4s.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 02:13:27 PM »
i think Krux are the most underrated trucks out there.  They turn pretty great as soon as you set them.  I think they get a bad rap because of the goofy marketing and weird look.  Krux polished Highs are up there with the "big 3" in my opinion. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 05:28:40 PM »
i think Krux are the most underrated trucks out there. Krux polished Highs are up there with the "big 3" in my opinion. 

Fact. I always thought Ventures were really overrated. Feel like they can't be doing too good lately for some reason.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2015, 04:24:33 AM »
i think Krux are the most underrated trucks out there.  They turn pretty great as soon as you set them.  I think they get a bad rap because of the goofy marketing and weird look.  Krux polished Highs are up there with the "big 3" in my opinion. 

When i'll need new trucks i'll go with krux, always been curious about them and i actually really like their marketing. These Indy i'm riding have lots of life in them tho...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

BMCsteve

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2015, 07:15:17 AM »
I've had a couple pairs and they were great.  Lower kingpins than Thunder or Indy (even on the standard K4 kingpins), grind like butter and the bushings are great.

Also, the pivot cups were redesigned in recent years.  I don't think they break any longer

Koji-Wu

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2015, 09:17:07 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I saw a set of the 8.25's super cheap (£30) in note this afternoon so got em. Even if I don't like them at that price I won't be bothered.

N.L.

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 03:38:12 PM »
I put some 4.0s on my kid's cruiser. They turn really nice, are super light and pretty damn cheap.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 04:35:45 PM »
ive been running krux for about 3 or 4 years. best bushings by far, but the pivot cups would break because the hole for the pivot cup was engineered too deep. i emailed nhs and asked as my forged baseplate actually had been dented in. ron wheily emailed me back and sent me a new set of baseplates. i was stoked, they seemed to be going back to the non forged baseplates on alot of the newer trucks.

Xtal

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 04:37:23 PM »
Anyone skate a lot of tranny with Krux Hi's and have any feedback?

Koji-Wu

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 05:51:58 PM »
So went to set them up only to find they were 2 different sizes  :-\
Went back to the shop and they had no other 8.25's in stock so looks like i'll be sticking with my indys for now. Or maybe some 44's.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 06:46:40 PM »
Quote from: Koji-Wu  link=topic=88960.msg2425850#msg2425850 date=1451440318
So went to set them up only to find they were 2 different sizes  :-\
Went back to the shop and they had no other 8.25's in stock so looks like i'll be sticking with my indys for now. Or maybe some 44's.

Well that's a bummer... Those new redesigned 44's look interesting!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2015, 09:27:15 AM »
These Krux K4s are on sale. They have both 8.25 and 8.5 but they say "Slayer" on them.

http://www.tactics.com/krux/slayer-forged-k4-trucks/slayer

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2015, 12:27:34 PM »
If Indy drops a truck that has 'dub step' stamped on it...lemme know....

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2015, 12:49:11 PM »
haha, well, you could probably dip the hangers in paint thinner or something if you really wanted to.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1481
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2015, 07:14:21 PM »
These Krux K4s are on sale. They have both 8.25 and 8.5 but they say "Slayer" on them.

If you buy them before January 3rd you can get an extra 10% off with the promo code so $34ish.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2016, 10:19:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
If you buy them before January 3rd you can get an extra 10% off with the promo code so $34ish.

you can dip the hangers in acetone/nail polish remover and you can peel it off. i always buy silly color trucks online that are on sale ($20 pair of thunders) and do this.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Jake

• Rep: -33
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2016, 09:23:03 AM »
http://www.tactics.com/krux/curb-chomper-ii-hollow-forged-skateboard-trucks/purple-80

Has anybody tried these yet? I just noticed the hanger on one of my indys is cracked, I need to get something else before my big ass breaks it and I die. I figured I'd try something new this time, and the kingpin design looks really promising on this curb chomper truck. It's between these and the silver k4s...

Xtal

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2016, 09:31:32 AM »
http://www.tactics.com/krux/curb-chomper-ii-hollow-forged-skateboard-trucks/purple-80

Has anybody tried these yet? I just noticed the hanger on one of my indys is cracked, I need to get something else before my big ass breaks it and I die. I figured I'd try something new this time, and the kingpin design looks really promising on this curb chomper truck. It's between these and the silver k4s...

They're the same as the silver K4's but they're forged hollows with a gay graphic. Go with the raw silvers...

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2016, 01:04:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They're the same as the silver K4's but they're forged hollows with a gay graphic. Go with the raw silvers...

Agreed. Get the silver K4s.

Or, just get some new ACE44s with the reinforced hangers!

Xtal

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2016, 01:19:50 PM »
^nailed it.

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2016, 02:25:34 PM »
Had to bump this because of my recent situation. Been contemplating to buy a pair of k4s for like a year and a half now, and I finally pulled the trigger just this week. Got em in the mail and they looked really high quality right off the bat. I was eager to try these so called "best cushions in the world" or whatever but  when I got to breaking them in (which some claim takes no time at all) they felt like complete shit. I thought, "oh well just keep skating them, they'll break in soon!) Nope. Been 4 days of trying to break in these trucks and no results. I tried to ride them as loose as possible, yet they still won't really turn. They'll feel wobbly like loose trucks should, but then they'll have a terribly wide and slow turning radius. I'm at a loss now, anyone know any good combos of bushings for krux? Indy super softs? Bones? There's no way I'm riding the same revered bushings everyone seems to swear by.