Author Topic: Bones vs Indy black vs etc  (Read 12837 times)

BornToLose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Bones vs Indy black vs etc
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2016, 06:19:56 PM »
My Hard Luck ceramics have been great. One started to seize up because of some dirt... rinsed it out with hot water, dried it with dust-off, add a drop of lube and you're good to go. The only bearings I keep my shields on for.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2016, 11:13:53 AM »
I actually really like Indy bearings and have only had good experiences.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2016, 10:02:50 PM »
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2016, 05:05:51 PM »
Ninja Abec 7s is all I rock.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2016, 11:11:52 AM »
Can someone tell me what the deal with Super Reds is? I'm too poor to buy Swiss and I'm curious as to whether it's a worthy use of $25. I've never had anything other than Bones and fear change.

Xtal

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2016, 12:55:53 PM »
Can someone tell me what the deal with Super Reds is? I'm too poor to buy Swiss and I'm curious as to whether it's a worthy use of $25. I've never had anything other than Bones and fear change.

"better quality steel races, better quality steel balls, better surface finish."

In other words, there is no difference. Buy regular reds.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2017, 10:26:36 PM »
Bump

Hey so as of late has anyone tried Indy blacks and how are they compared to the ole reliable bones bearings ?

I’ve had Indy 7’s and loved them they just weren’t durable and popped on me a lot but I loved how fast they were before giving up after the second set for good ole bones
yes

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2017, 11:01:57 PM »
R.I.P. Frip...and it was possibly this thread that got me riding six balls...a Tracer recommendation no less....

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2017, 11:05:08 PM »
Sad...

Haha I can’t muster the confidence in putting more than $25 Into bearings and just got a set of blacks to try but wanted to hear some feedback before I ride and decide to stick with super reds or go back to Indy bearings and their quality claims compared to bones
yes

Sandboxcop

• Rep: 3
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2017, 12:44:47 PM »
had the hard luck ceramics for a year, still as fast as in the beginning. no complaints here.

Same here, even when dirty they're fast and smooth. I also had the Bronson g3's, definitely not impressed, smooth but not fast whatsoever. Maybe in a super smooth concrete park but they did not treat me well in the streets. Not worth 30 bills IMO

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2017, 04:39:45 PM »
My Hard Luck ceramics have been great. One started to seize up because of some dirt... rinsed it out with hot water, dried it with dust-off, add a drop of lube and you're good to go. The only bearings I keep my shields on for.

what the fuck? using water to rinse/clean bearings..
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Nallid

• Rep: -14
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2017, 09:08:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ceramic.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2017, 09:22:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They won't rust if you dry them immediately after with compressed air or a hair dryer or something like that and rinsing them properly after soaking in some cleaning solution might get the stuck shit off better than only soaking in a cleaning solution. Will also get all the detergent off if you're using a cleaning solution with detergent in it. So, it's not as crazy as it might sound initially. 😊

ZEBRA

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2017, 09:31:09 PM »
With these talks of rust, I feel the need to bring up Hard Luck has Stainless Steel bearings for $30, I believe. Those will be my next bearings, myself.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2017, 11:38:22 PM »
swiss 6, then swiss, then indy 7/black (both decent), then reds. and avoid bronson.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2017, 02:25:51 AM »
With these talks of rust, I feel the need to bring up Hard Luck has Stainless Steel bearings for $30, I believe. Those will be my next bearings, myself.

I’ve been considering those for my rain setup but they’re not very widely available in Europe. Stainless steel is softer though so they might not be as durable. I pretty much only skate low impact stuff so I dunno if it’d make a difference for me. 🤔

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2017, 02:58:31 PM »
My Indy blacks are still going strong, though without shields now, seems the rubber was flimsy and bent really easy slowing me down.

Swiss Six and Bronson G3s are what I'm rocking now (strictly park, but impact from ollies/tricks whathaveyou).

Hell, my andale 7s scream without shields (+bronson lube).

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2017, 09:21:01 PM »
My Indy blacks are still going strong, though without shields now, seems the rubber was flimsy and bent really easy slowing me down.

Swiss Six and Bronson G3s are what I'm rocking now (strictly park, but impact from ollies/tricks whathaveyou).

Cool, then I’m glad I got back with Indy bearings cause yeah bones are the best but they never felt fast like Indy’s to me.

Bones hold up and are decently good fast but Indy’s feel faster just don’t hold up as well from my Indy 7’s experience
yes

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2017, 10:44:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Cool, then I’m glad I got back with Indy bearings cause yeah bones are the best but they never felt fast like Indy’s to me.

Bones hold up and are decently good fast but Indy’s feel faster just don’t hold up as well from my Indy 7’s experience

The Swiss six are fucking champs, but they are not excluded from binding or slowing due to shields or any of the other issues that plague bearings, but they are fast as fuck.

I miss my black panthers, they lasted so damn long. Super reds also good....they're all the same shit, really just depends on quality control, which Bones have in spades compared to the rest of the heathen masses.

Chippedwood

• Rep: -82
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2017, 06:04:35 PM »
chris russell rides bronsons

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2017, 12:04:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The Swiss six are fucking champs, but they are not excluded from binding or slowing due to shields or any of the other issues that plague bearings, but they are fast as fuck.

I miss my black panthers, they lasted so damn long. Super reds also good....they're all the same shit, really just depends on quality control, which Bones have in spades compared to the rest of the heathen masses.

I wish I could drop money for some 6 ball but idk bearings aren’t that high on the scale for what’s important for my setup, as all of slap knows it’s trucks for me, then wheels then deck then bearings then grip tape then hardware

Yeah I remember my friends black panthers were crazy good, and he had the abec 3 but for a low tier on the rating they hissed nicely and were actually fast and smooth
yes

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2017, 11:05:39 PM »
I've been using Bones Reds for about 7 years now and they have yet to fail me. I clean them out with speed cream from time to time. I've had the current pair for about three years now.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2017, 05:53:17 AM »
I got talked into some Bronsons and they're ok but probably not worth the price jump up from Reds. Also, Reds are easier to clean.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2017, 09:39:38 AM »
chris russell rides bronsons
chris russell isnt the smartest person ive ever met either.

calvinsdream

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2017, 06:55:25 AM »
I have a pair of indy blacks that have been better than (most) reds that I've used. They're a lot better than bronsons too.

Sandboxcop

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2017, 06:01:11 PM »
I have a pair of indy blacks that have been better than (most) reds that I've used. They're a lot better than bronsons too.

This for sure, and you can consistently find indy blacks for $10-$12. Have them in my cruiser and I was pleasantly surprised when put in ATF's

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2017, 07:43:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This for sure, and you can consistently find indy blacks for $10-$12. Have them in my cruiser and I was pleasantly surprised when put in ATF's

Where do you find them for $10-12?

Sandboxcop

« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2017, 06:47:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Where do you find them for $10-12?

I got a set from evo.com a week ago for $9.99 on clearance. I just got some on amazon for $10.99 shipped
https://www.amazon.com/Independent-Precision-Skateboard-Bearings-Spacers/dp/B075RHG589/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1513867444&sr=8-5&keywords=independent%2Bblack%2Bbearings&th=1&psc=1

sorry

• Rep: -14
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2017, 12:33:33 AM »
Spitfire cheapshots anyone?
I can get them dirt cheap (cheaper than anything else) and I have better experience with them than with Reds

I have Indy GPs on my cruiser (the steel shields one, cheapest indy bearing) and so far they glide

Riding Bronson Raw right now on my main setup. Best bearings I had so far (had bones swiss before)
Will see if they last

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2017, 02:05:14 AM »
^you might just have bad taste in bearings ;D