Author Topic: Shawn Powers kills lobsters because his parents don't love him  (Read 85237 times)

nino brown

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
Re: Shawn Powers kills lobsters because his parents don't love him
« Reply #270 on: January 07, 2016, 08:05:03 AM »
monty stop being a lil bitch

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #271 on: January 07, 2016, 08:32:37 AM »

Says the guy that got beaten up by Ice T in dreadlocks

jomeara1

« Reply #272 on: January 07, 2016, 08:34:20 AM »
I don't know a whole lot about Palace other than the fact that this Shawn Powers dude is on it.  Out of curiosity,  why does everyone want Tom Penny to go there?

Arsenio Gall

• Rep: 1

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #274 on: January 07, 2016, 08:46:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Says the guy that got beaten up by Ice T in dreadlocks
lobster video was uploaded 4 months ago..technically a 2015 fail , just wasn't discovered until recently...keelan and scumbag raping a 12 yr old have to hold 1st place for the most fucked up thing in skateboarding at the moment

nylin

« Reply #275 on: January 07, 2016, 02:57:31 PM »
Who's gonna snag this one? http://girl-collector.com/products/shawn-powers-hand-painted-deck

Seen that shit on that site the other day. Can't believe dude is trying to get 300 bucks for a shitty ass drawing on a blank ass board by some no talent clown.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #276 on: January 07, 2016, 04:01:14 PM »
Expand Quote

Seen that shit on that site the other day. Can't believe dude is trying to get 300 bucks for a shitty ass drawing on a blank ass board by some no talent clown.
sadly they can sell all of their  over priced junk... blondey mccoy is another....and i remember alex olson in some older video doing an art show with some car collage cut out of a magazine, or some something childish like that. everyone in skateboarding wants the artist title and the easy money from it

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #277 on: January 07, 2016, 04:51:15 PM »
Thanks for the reply Monty!

Dadd and baby scumbag was before new years , so 2015

Well apparently this is old footage too

1:We know he didnt eat it since they can be seen running away from the place

That's fine and all but maybe he ran round the corner, had an epiphany about wasting food and then went back and munched on them. Highly unlikely, yes, but people waste perfectly good food all the time and we don't wish death upon them do we?

2:The end result is the same , yes we have a dead animal . But I dont see how its a gray area . If you take a cow and hang it by the hoofs , raise it with a crane and have 20 people with baseball bats hit it for 5 hours , breaking every bone in its body , and then set fire to it until it dies . Is that the same as shooting it in the brain killing it instantly ? Animals feel pain so isnt shooting it in the brain a more humane death then being tortured for 5 hours ? the end is the same , but it matters how you get there

or maybe ... you just don't kill shit at all and avoid any suffering? Crazy thought I know :-X
Yes, your torture example is a good one but the majority of these animals *do* live their whole lives in a state of torture (hence why I said it's a grey area). At the end of the day you or I probably don't want to die. I imagine this is true for other sentient beings too. This death/ suffering could easily be avoided but it's not because of such airtight justifications as a)bacon b)ancestors c)god d)protein

3:The lifes of animals in the meat / dairy industry varies alot depending on what country you are in . There are many countries
in the world  where animals get treated very well , free range , less or none vaccination and hormones , natural weight gain , grass fed .
So yeah not all places , but a lot of places

I honestly think you live in a fantasy world if you believe this. Sure, you yourself may buy free range/ organic/ grassfed, and I commend you for making that choice, but 60 billion animals don't get slaughtered every year by hanging out at mom and pop farm retreats where they get hugs and sip on organic ice tea. If you wanna make $crilla in the meat/ dairy industry you need to maximize the growth, and death, of your product in the shortest amount of time using the smallest amount of space. Simple capitalism. I love how free range farms preach that they care about the livelihood of their animals; think about the absolute stupidity of that statement for a second... If I care about the livelihood of my cat/ dog/ child/ mum I don't breed it so that I can then slit it's throat and sell it to the local butcher shop do I? Yes, they are a better alternative when compared to industrial farming but how many people do you actually know that shop/ live this way? Probably about as many people as you know who are actually vegan (i.e. 3)

4:You got a point here , there is a huge separation of where people get their food and how it gets their . Most people want their meat in that Styrofoam box in the super market but dont want to know how it gets there . More people should hunt and fish . And more people need to visit the farms and slaughter houses to see where things come from and how we can improve

I'm glad we found some common ground here! I agree with you on all of those points. End game though, I don't see how these conditions would magically improve within our current framework of give me convenience or give me death and $$$ = GOD.

Forgot to add , I think besides the needles pain inflicted on a animal , the other problem is smashing a small business owners aquarium tank which disrupts work and costs alot of money ... Its not fun to come into work and see your places destroyed for a vimeo clip by some idiot

Yeah look, I'm honestly surprised that this wasn't the focus of a lot of the anger directed towards Shawn. The guy never preached animals rights before so it seems stupid to focus on that aspect when him and the majority of people getting cut about this happily contribute to said suffering on the daily.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #278 on: January 07, 2016, 05:30:52 PM »
^ blah blah blah blah blah blah

can we just perma-ban this guy already?

#veganlivesdontmatter

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #279 on: January 07, 2016, 05:37:13 PM »

can we just perma-ban this guy already?

You want me banned because I don't think animals should suffer?
That's some pretty rational thinking you've got there :-*

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #280 on: January 07, 2016, 05:39:52 PM »
Animals were put here to suffer for us dub read a book dummy

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #281 on: January 07, 2016, 05:42:12 PM »

You got me there adolf. Accordingly, I just stomped on a puppies head, think I might fry it up for lunch now ::)

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #282 on: January 07, 2016, 05:43:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You got me there adolf. Accordingly, I just stomped on a puppies head, think I might fry it up for lunch now ::)

I stepped on my cats foot last night and felt like the biggest piece of shit ever

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #283 on: January 07, 2016, 05:46:44 PM »
I stepped on my cats foot last night and felt like the biggest piece of shit ever

Hey! My ancestors stepped on cats' feet all the time. Stopped forcing your beliefs on me tobey :-X

Also, can you please fly out to Tokyo and re-film that part ASAP? I'll film it if you like?

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #284 on: January 07, 2016, 05:53:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hey! My ancestors stepped on cats' feet all the time. Stopped forcing your beliefs on me tobey :-X

Also, can you please fly out to Tokyo and re-film that part ASAP? I'll film it if you like?

Did you really not seen any of my posts in the "post your skating" thread? I don't know if you think im full of shit when i said i could easily do that part because it seems that you're being sarcastic.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #285 on: January 07, 2016, 05:56:39 PM »
Did you really not seen any of my posts in the "post your skating" thread? I don't know if you think im full of shit when i said i could easily do that part because it seems that you're being sarcastic.

For once in my posting history I'm NOT being sarcastic tobey, I actually think you could pull this off. It takes me just over an hour to get to Tokyo, get dem tickets booked son!

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #286 on: January 07, 2016, 05:58:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For once in my posting history I'm NOT being sarcastic tobey, I actually think you could pull this off. It takes me just over an hour to get to Tokyo, get dem tickets booked son!

I wish but the only way i would get on a plane is if i was wasted and i don't drink anymore :(

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #287 on: January 07, 2016, 06:04:03 PM »
I wish but the only way i would get on a plane is if i was wasted and i don't drink anymore :(

Hmmmm, come to think of it it's not like Shawn hit up any Tokyo specific spots so I think your (SLAP) goal for 2016 should be to re-film said part trick for trick. We could help you to make it go viral in the skate community and prove how much of a loser this lobster killer is.

#tobeyonpalace2016

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #288 on: January 07, 2016, 06:17:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hmmmm, come to think of it it's not like Shawn hit up any Tokyo specific spots so I think your (SLAP) goal for 2016 should be to re-film said part trick for trick. We could help you to make it go viral in the skate community and prove how much of a loser this lobster killer is.

#tobeyonpalace2016

But by this you're implying that tobey is a bad skater which he's not. You should pick a really low skilled person to mimic that said part!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #289 on: January 07, 2016, 06:30:25 PM »
Thanks for the reply Monty!

No no , thanks for your reply !

Well apparently this is old footage too

Oh yeah , my bad

That's fine and all but maybe he ran round the corner, had an epiphany about wasting food and then went back and munched on them. Highly unlikely, yes, but people waste perfectly good food all the time and we don't wish death upon them do we?

You really dont see a difference between somebody not finishing his burger and somebody throwing lobsters against a wall ?
Even people who have no problems with factory farming usually have huge issues with instances like this

or maybe ... you just don't kill shit at all and avoid any suffering? Crazy thought I know :-X
Yes, your torture example is a good one but the majority of these animals *do* live their whole lives in a state of torture (hence why I said it's a grey area). At the end of the day you or I probably don't want to die. I imagine this is true for other sentient beings too. This death/ suffering could easily be avoided but it's not because of such airtight justifications as a)bacon b)ancestors c)god d)protein

Theres still suffering in the world , being vegan doesnt stop that . Still wars every day , bears still eat deer . Lions will still hunt gazels .
You know how many animals get killed when we harvest wheat and grain ? . Should we not harvest vegetables because mice and rabits get killed ? and if we dont eat animals we deff have to have more machines to harvest which will kill more animals then it does now ( harvesting that is ) . Are you ok with killing insects ? if so why is it ok to kill them but not animals ? can we kill bacteria ? or cancer cells ? they are living too

Humans are the top predators so it makes sense that we hunt and fish

I honestly think you live in a fantasy world if you believe this. Sure, you yourself may buy free range/ organic/ grassfed, and I commend you for making that choice, but 60 billion animals don't get slaughtered every year by hanging out at mom and pop farm retreats where they get hugs and sip on organic ice tea. If you wanna make $crilla in the meat/ dairy industry you need to maximize the growth, and death, of your product in the shortest amount of time using the smallest amount of space. Simple capitalism. I love how free range farms preach that they care about the livelihood of their animals; think about the absolute stupidity of that statement for a second... If I care about the livelihood of my cat/ dog/ child/ mum I don't breed it so that I can then slit it's throat and sell it to the local butcher shop do I? Yes, they are a better alternative when compared to industrial farming but how many people do you actually know that shop/ live this way? Probably about as many people as you know who are actually vegan (i.e. 3)

Im not gonna argue with alot here , There are more inhumane farms then humane , but there still is alot of humane places . Animal rights have improved alot and Im sure it will get better and better . Id assume farmers who treat there live stock well still like or love their animals , but there is still a distance from what they feel for their dog or family .

Id say 90 % of the people I know try to use fair trade , free range and all other products that are "green " And most places Ive worked have worked closely with local farms who focuses on these things , treating their animals right , focusing on good produce

I need to ask you as a vegan . Whats gonna happen with all the animals in farms when we dont need them anymore ? All the farmers would be out of business , and either switch to farming veggies or get a job in the city . But what about those cows and chickens and so on ?
We would have to kill them all and I assume alot of species would get extinct .

What about deer populations ? if you look at michigan deer strikes its about 50 thousand accidents each year . Deer population in america is monitored and controlled by fish and game , and hunters . Accidents would go way up

Part of the reason we still have lions in africa is cause rich people from around the world want to pay to go shoot them . The reason alot of animals are doing better then along time is cause of hunters , I know that sounds crazy but its true

I'm glad we found some common ground here! I agree with you on all of those points. End game though, I don't see how these conditions would magically improve within our current framework of give me convenience or give me death and $$$ = GOD.

Things are getting better , if you look how animals were treated around the world 50 years ago , or even 20 years ago . The internet is changing things . less deceases , less crime , less war , smarter people and so on . Soon Sea world will close down , and dolphins and Whales
will have it better

Yeah look, I'm honestly surprised that this wasn't the focus of a lot of the anger directed towards Shawn. The guy never preached animals rights before so it seems stupid to focus on that aspect when him and the majority of people getting cut about this happily contribute to said suffering on the daily.

People dont usually like to see animals suffer . Take me for example I dont kill insects or any living thing if I can avoid it . If I find a spider or bee in my house I try my hardest not to hurt it and let it out . But Im perfectly fine with shooting a deer or moose , fishing , and Ive killed tons of sea food in my job .

But I am against shooting a moose in all knee caps and then beating him with a base ball bat until it dies . You want a clean kill with as little suffering as possible . So we stab lobsters in the brain and cook them in boiling water

You should only kill when you are going to use it and when you do as humanly as possible

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #290 on: January 07, 2016, 06:33:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

#tobeyonpalace2016
[close]

But by this you're implying that tobey is a bad skater which he's not. You should pick a really low skilled person to mimic that said part!

Too bad they blocked me on instagram because of my comment but im pretty certain they still have all the other comments saying "fuck shawn powers". I guess mine hurt the most. GET ON MY TROLLING LEVELS PUSSIES

Yeah i think all he did was like crooked grinds and other single tricks. He needs to get on my level.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #291 on: January 07, 2016, 06:43:34 PM »

I'm actually not, I'm implying that tobey (I checked your footy bro) could do this in a minute!

Monty's reply is coming (though I doubt 99% of you want to read it)

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #292 on: January 07, 2016, 06:54:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm actually not, I'm implying that tobey (I checked your footy bro) could do this in a minute!

Monty's reply is coming (though I doubt 99% of you want to read it)

we are the 1% , but without the wealth =(

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #293 on: January 07, 2016, 06:58:33 PM »
Backing Tobey on Palace, didn't read the whole argument but Gay Imp is fighting the good fight, which I also back

straight

« Reply #294 on: January 07, 2016, 07:24:45 PM »
maybe he's got beef with cons

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #295 on: January 07, 2016, 07:39:15 PM »
Gay Imp Morningstar Farm Organic Soy Vegetarian Breakfast Links Metal
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 07:47:14 PM by fulltechnicalskizzy »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #296 on: January 07, 2016, 08:04:21 PM »
maybe he's got beef lobster with cons

ftfy

Gay Imp Morningstar Farm Organic Soy Vegetarian Breakfast Links Metal

awww shucks, that's cute :-* you even had to edit for me *blushes*

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #297 on: January 07, 2016, 08:06:12 PM »
So, my thoughts as someone who doesn't even meat are:

As a human you're basically at the top of the food chain and have ultimate power to be as humane as you want to be with what you consume. Human's have a conscience but it depends on your environment. For instance, during the Olympics in China there were huge protests to take dog/cat off the menu so it wouldn't be emotionally distressing to us westerners. These are dogs/cats that are bred and killed the same way we deem humane for chickens, cows, tuna, lobsters, etc... in our society. However, are there not Indian people in the Olympics? Are cows not considered sacred in Hinduism and other cultures in addition? Is Hinduism not 15% of the world's population but we still don't think we have to take hamburger's off the menu too? The same pattern applies when you think of history in regards to sexual evolution: Kings and sex slaves, Families with valuable necessities and harems, then monogamous relationships. Even still, ultimate power often sees resorting back to old ways.

Also, if you were to look back at Native American cultures - surely caveman out of necessity - they used every useful part of an animal being killed and thanked the animal for it. That's kind of beside the point but I'd think the most humane way for an animal to die would be as sudden a death as possible. Let's say those lobster's died immediately upon wall impact...would that not be more humane than being dropped in boiling water? I'm sure they didn't but you see what I'm getting at with this. I'd imagine the most humane way for an animal to die would be to be grazing then die instantly from a bullet. What if you believe the animal you were killing had a family that would notice it's absence? Would it matter how they died? If you eat meat, I think you should be able to pull the trigger and skin the animal. Not every time but you should know the process, in my opinion.

People only really care when they see it, then there's a tiny uproar, and then people forget about it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 08:08:56 PM by sexualhelon »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #298 on: January 07, 2016, 08:21:31 PM »
Hey! My ancestors stepped on cats' feet all the time.

All families are weird, it's true.

Re: the topic, Steve Rodriguez once said that he missed the days when skaters were thugs. So I wonder what he thinks of this.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #299 on: January 07, 2016, 08:54:58 PM »
No no , thanks for your reply !
for the 1% who care. Thanks for helping me waste my morning

You really dont see a difference between somebody not finishing his burger and somebody throwing lobsters against a wall ?
Even people who have no problems with factory farming usually have huge issues with instances like this
I get it, I just want people to connect some dots, that's all I'm trying to do with this discussion. I'll be the first person to tell you to get outraged about cruelty towards animals

Theres still suffering in the world , being vegan doesnt stop that . Still wars every day , bears still eat deer . Lions will still hunt gazels .
So I should eat animals because wars exist ??? I'm not sure of your reasoning there...
Bears and lions are carnivores, they live in much different environments to you and me and they don't have an abundance of fresh food available to them like we do. If you want to compare yourself and your living situation to carnivores, then you should act and behave accordingly.

a) Do you (naturally) froth at the mouth when you see a dead carcass? No, you can't answer with hmmmmm bacon!
b) Can you consume raw flesh (guts, fur, blood and all)? Raw Paleo son! fuck an oven
c) Have you ever used your teeth/ claws to rip another animal open? Gummi bears don't count
d) Can you catch other animals with nothing but your bare hands? Girls you picked up at the bar aren't classed as animals btw

I'm not sure about you but I can't do any of those things. I'm also pretty sure that if I ate my baby or sniffed your arse when I met you that I would be classified as clinically insane. Please let's not pretend that we are carnivores living in life/ death survival situations. We are two lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a computer screen connected to the internet having a discussion about ethics (and probably watching porn in the next tab over). Veganism isn't the answer to all the suffering in the world but it's a certainly good baseline.

You know how many animals get killed when we harvest wheat and grain ? . Should we not harvest vegetables because mice and rabits get killed ? and if we dont eat animals we deff have to have more machines to harvest which will kill more animals then it does now ( harvesting that is ) .
So an animal accidentally getting caught in the process of harvesting of wheat and grain is the same as intentionally stealing a calf from it's mother and locking it in a dark box just so you can eat veal? Glad we got that sorted *wipes brow*
A large majority of our grain (34% for grain, 94% for soy. UN stat, not mine) goes to raising livestock anyway which means we are already "double killing" by your line of thinking --
Kill rabbits and make rice/ grain → feed majority of grain to livestock → kill livestock → profit
Yes, suffering will continue happen in the world even if we were 100% vegan, I don't think that justifies a "shit is going to die so I should keep contributing to that death" style of thinking though ...

Humans are the top predators so it makes sense that we hunt and fish
Look at any other "top predator", what do they need to hunt and fish? I'll give you a hint, it isn't a rifle or a fishing rod :D

Are you ok with killing insects ? if so why is it ok to kill them but not animals ? can we kill bacteria ? or cancer cells ? they are living too
Are you going to tell me that plants have feelings too? Cause if you are I'm ending the discussion right here *sighs*
I don't intentionally kill insects. Yes, I walk on the earth so of course I crush ants and other bugs on the daily but like my previous point up there; intentionally killing something and accidentally killing something are two very different things. This is especially true in the world we live in and is why legally terms like murder (or its cousin 2nd degree murder), manslaughter and homicide etc. exist within our society. Culpability and all that jazz

If science can prove to me that bacteria and cancer cells have brains and complex central nervous system similar to that of humans and animals then I will rethink my stance on them (and whether or not they should be slaughtered like so many helpless cows). This is why many (science-based) vegans are now considering that it may indeed be okay to eat bivalves;
http://sentientist.org/2013/05/20/the-ethical-case-for-eating-oysters-and-mussels/ I'm more than happy to evolve with science, are you?

There are more inhumane farms then humane, but there still is alot of humane places . Animal rights have improved alot and Im sure it will get better and better .
There it is, you said it yourself! I'm sure it will get better too, but much like any other issue (womens rights, gay marriage etc.) it's not going to happen without a lot of fighting from our end. Can you think of any other movement where you continue to do exactly what it is that you're apparently opposed to but just be "nicer" about or do it less?

"Yo bitch, I'm all about you having equal rights and all so I'm only going to oppress you in a 'humane' manner"

"Hey mang, I do what I can. I have homophobia-free Monday each week"

Id assume farmers who treat there live stock well still like or love their animals , but there is still a distance from what they feel for their dog or family .
I guess this is the imaginary line in the sand that people choose to draw to convince them selves that x should die and y should live. My question is why? Why is it socially acceptable to eat a certain animals but not others based solely on longitude and latitude coordinates on a map? People eat dog in China, do you think that's cool? People here in Japan eat horse (or dolphin, or whale), are you down for that? If tobey steps on his cat's foot and feels like an arsehole, why can't he extend that empathy to my pet pig*?

* I don't actually have a pet pig

Id say 90 % of the people I know try to use fair trade , free range and all other products that are "green " And most places Ive worked have worked closely with local farms who focuses on these things , treating their animals right , focusing on good produce
You must live in a commune or something if that many people around you are aware of these issues... either that to your workplace is basing their business model on these ideals. I'd say 90% of the people in the world simply don't give a fuck and I don't think I'm over exaggerating there.

I need to ask you as a vegan . Whats gonna happen with all the animals in farms when we dont need them anymore ? All the farmers would be out of business , and either switch to farming veggies or get a job in the city . But what about those cows and chickens and so on ?
We would have to kill them all and I assume alot of species would get extinct .
I don't think I can articulate a good answer for this one so I'm going to borrow from doctor google and biased vegan sites :p
http://www.onegreenplanet.org/uncategorized/what-would-happen-to-all-the-animals-if-everyone-went-vegan/
http://ethicalvegan.net/read/will-animals-go-extinct-if-the-world-becomes-vegan
https://www.veganmainstream.com/2013/06/21/how-to-respond-to-if-everyone-went-vegan-what-would-happen-to-all-the-farm-animals/

In short-- so we should continue to breed, torture, kill and profit from farm animals because if we don't they will become extinct? That's sort of like arguing against abortion really; sure, everything has the right to live/ be born but if your life is going to be constant suffering and pain from day dot is it really worth it just to protect that right?  

What about deer populations ? if you look at michigan deer strikes its about 50 thousand accidents each year . Deer population in america is monitored and controlled by fish and game , and hunters . Accidents would go way up
Good point, I have no solution for this! I'm sure Geoff Rowley would though ;)

Part of the reason we still have lions in africa is cause rich people from around the world want to pay to go shoot them . The reason alot of animals are doing better then along time is cause of hunters , I know that sounds crazy but its true
It does sound crazy and I can't think of any other instance where we continue to kill things in order to preserve them. Okay actually wait, yes I can. Whaling in Japan is of the exact same school of thought and we both know how well thought out and scientifically based that industry is ;) Imma need to do some more research on this one as well as the hunting deer one. Thanks for the homework mate

Things are getting better , if you look how animals were treated around the world 50 years ago , or even 20 years ago . The internet is changing things . less deceases , less crime , less war , smarter people and so on . Soon Sea world will close down , and dolphins and Whales
will have it better
I would argue that 50 years ago, animals were treated a lot better than they are today. I'm not sure if the net is making people smarter (look at SLAP ffs) but it certainly is raising awareness to issues that were for the most part otherwise ignored.

People dont usually like to see animals suffer .
Exactly! That is the whole basis for my argument. To be consistent with this I avoid contributing to anything that *intentionally* supports that suffering. I don't think that is a hard concept to grasp. I'll tell you what though, you get my props for killing animals yourself. If you can go through that process and come out the other end and still think "yeah, this looks tasty" then you are better than all of the drones that harp on about us being the "superior species" while they munch on big macs and talk shit on the net.

But I am against shooting a moose in all knee caps and then beating him with a base ball bat until it dies . You want a clean kill with as little suffering as possible . So we stab lobsters in the brain and cook them in boiling water
For you it's the cleanliness of the kill, which I get (to a point), for me I'm saying that the kill doesn't even have to happen in the first place in the current society we live in. It can be avoided all together. Sure, if you are a starving caveman, sharpen some sticks and stab a fucking mammoth. Last time i checked though, you aren't...

You should only kill when you are going to use it and when you do as humanly as possible
(again) Yes, this is an admirable stance to have if you are still going to consume meat. Do you honestly think though that a pig gives a shit about whether you are going to "use it" or not and whether you will kill it humanely when you are holding a bolt gun to its head? I'm 100% sure that this is the last thing on its mind.

I'm the gay imp and that's my beef lobster

TL;DR version:

Also, this:
People only really care when they see it, then there's a tiny uproar, and then people forget about it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 01:33:14 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »