Author Topic: Shawn Powers kills lobsters because his parents don't love him  (Read 85263 times)

Henchman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Re: Shawn Powers kills lobsters because his parents don't love him
« Reply #360 on: January 12, 2016, 01:32:47 PM »
You can live a fully healthy life as a vegan or vegetarian.. It does however take quite a lot of work and knowledge to be able to get everything you need, including B12 which you can get from other sources than red meat. Most people apparently fail at this, probably cause they suck at research and/or cooking.

I'm cool with eating meat (even at the state of the industry) and I fucking love bacon. I'd prefer to only eat wild game, but it's not an option for me. I think a lot of people eat way more meat than they need or that their bodies would like. 2" stack of meat on a sub? That's not cool or good for you, just like a lack of B12 aint good.

What bothers me, especially now after a new year, are all these "OMG I'M VEGAN/VEGETARIAN". I don't give a shit. Just like I don't care if you're gay, straight, bi or an attack helicopter. I don't give a shit so stop telling me at every single chance you get. The world doesn't revolve around you... At the same time, the hating on people who are vegetarians or vegans because they don't eat X or Y is fucking regular as well. If they won't buy that delicious steak in front of you, that's a good thing for you.

Oh I completely agree. Hell, if anything they're healthier because they don't have processed crap that they eat. It's definitely not good to have meat every meal. I have it either at dinner or at lunch, never more than twice a day and it's either chicken and red meat or fish and red meat. And I'm not hating on him because he doesn't eat meat, I'm just knocking him because he never gets off his high horse. He's not special because he doesn't eat meat, I'm not special because I eat meat. No one is special based on their diet.

coneklr

« Reply #361 on: January 12, 2016, 01:43:45 PM »
What bothers me, especially now after a new year, are all these "OMG I'M VEGAN/VEGETARIAN". I don't give a shit. Just like I don't care if you're gay, straight, bi or an attack helicopter. I don't give a shit so stop telling me at every single chance you get. The world doesn't revolve around you... At the same time, the hating on people who are vegetarians or vegans because they don't eat X or Y is fucking regular as well.

coneklr

« Reply #362 on: January 12, 2016, 01:46:49 PM »
And don't take that the wrong way, I would love the world to be a better place in all ways, but just put the info out there don't force it on people all the time.  The ones who are gonna learn from it will, if they don't, forcing them to look at it isn't gonna be any more successful.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #363 on: January 12, 2016, 02:08:46 PM »
And don't take that the wrong way, I would love the world to be a better place in all ways, but just put the info out there don't force it on people all the time.  The ones who are gonna learn from it will, if they don't, forcing them to look at it isn't gonna be any more successful.
I tried to explain this to him, but his meat-starved brain couldn't process it and he got mad at me for saying it.

Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #364 on: January 12, 2016, 04:01:13 PM »
You can live a fully healthy life as a vegan or vegetarian.. It does however take quite a lot of work and knowledge to be able to get everything you need, including B12 which you can get from other sources than red meat. Most people apparently fail at this, probably cause they suck at research and/or cooking.

I'm cool with eating meat (even at the state of the industry) and I fucking love bacon. I'd prefer to only eat wild game, but it's not an option for me. I think a lot of people eat way more meat than they need or that their bodies would like. 2" stack of meat on a sub? That's not cool or good for you, just like a lack of B12 aint good.

What bothers me, especially now after a new year, are all these "OMG I'M VEGAN/VEGETARIAN". I don't give a shit. Just like I don't care if you're gay, straight, bi or an attack helicopter. I don't give a shit so stop telling me at every single chance you get. The world doesn't revolve around you... At the same time, the hating on people who are vegetarians or vegans because they don't eat X or Y is fucking regular as well. If they won't buy that delicious steak in front of you, that's a good thing for you.
I almost completely agree with you.

Except the attack helicopter part. If you are an attack helicopter, I most certainly prefer you tell me upfront.

Aaaaand I will show myself the door. Thank you.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #365 on: January 12, 2016, 04:43:53 PM »
I find people who eat meat to be way more annoying assholes, honestly. The reason that I don't eat meat is really only because I think it's gross and don't have a taste for it. However, before I can even give anyone a reason - as if I owe them one at all - they go into some, "awe, you're not going to ruin the night out are you?" rant. It's like people get nervous when I say that I don't eat meat. Food is an emotional thing. Different is scary to some people, they seem to take it on as a burden to themselves and panic or get angry and offended. This probably goes both ways for vegans and meat eaters alike but the reason vegans try to be more "out there" is that they're the minority.

Saying I don't eat meat makes people be all fucking weird, "like omg do you care if I eat this in front of you?" or "if you were like stranded on a desert island and there was only a cow would you eat it?". I don't know, are you gonna be offended if I eat a carrot in front of you? If there was no meat and you were stranded on a desert island would you eat an apple?

Think about how much people eat meat now vs in prehistoric times. They ate mostly fruits, grains, and vegetables because you had to hunt for your game. We know a lot more now about nutrition so you can eat whatever you want as long as you make sure to get your vi tam ins.

shark tits

« Reply #366 on: January 12, 2016, 04:55:47 PM »
i was veggie for 7 yrs because of a book i read but i went to jail w/ track marks and was like 'fuck it, meat's prolly not the worst thing i'm consuming'.
i've been veggie again for i don't know, 4 months? basically i'm offended that it's illegal to beat dogs and cats yet the meat industry exists. if some animals can be tortured but not all animals then i'm boycotting the whole mess. if cruelty to animals were decriminalized i would happily kill cats and eat fried chicken. i'm a man of logic. logic rules the passions or does the body rule the mind? something, something, morrissey, morrissey.
ps i fucks w/ dat seafood and i'd eat wild game if it were abundant near me.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #367 on: January 12, 2016, 05:03:49 PM »
I know the B12 argument already got squashed in this thread, but I'm just going to say nutritional yeast is the best, super high in b12 and is also a complete protein, with a incredibly delicious nutty slightly cheesy taste. Vegan or not give it a try because it is extremely delicious, versatile and nutritious. 

OldmanEpic

« Reply #368 on: January 12, 2016, 05:23:17 PM »
Wtf? Im not reading the other pages so I have no idea how this got to vegan stuff?

Isnt shawn powers a snowboarder/part time skater or am I completely wrong?

If your vegan or whatever I dont give a shit. Do whatever ya want to feed yourself.

I eat meat and I hunt. Who gives a shit? Well p3ta I suppose but fuck them.

To each their own

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #369 on: January 12, 2016, 06:04:29 PM »
This thread has been derailed pretty hard on the whole diet subject so I thought WTH.

The healthiest diet for each person has a lot to do with their personal genome and what part of the world their ancestors evolved in. The suggestion that people eat a lot of omega-3 fatty acids was based on a study done of the Inuit people who had evolved to derive as much nutrition from their particular diet as possible. Based on this, nutritionists were suggesting everyone get lots of fish oil in their diets. But not everyone's body processes it the same way.

A similar thing occurs with milk. People who can digest lactose in adulthood get more nutrition from dairy than people who are lactose intolerant. It's actually very healthy for someone with lactase persistence to consume lots of dairy but not so much for other people.

This article sums it up pretty nicely: "We will be better adapted to something eaten by our ancestors over millions of years than to, say, margarine, which we first encountered only 100 years ago. Or take a food like wheat, to which some populations (those in the Fertile Crescent) have been exposed for 10,000 years, and others (Pacific Islanders) for only 200 years. Is it surprising that Pacific Islanders have the greatest prevalence of obesity in the world (higher even than in the United States)? And should we really tell them to switch to a Mediterranean diet, heavy on grains, pulses, and dairy, to which they've had no evolutionary exposure whatsoever?"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 06:06:28 PM by ChuckRamone »

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #370 on: January 12, 2016, 06:06:04 PM »

Isnt shawn powers a snowboarder/part time skater or am I completely wrong?

you're thinking of shaun white

Xtal

« Reply #371 on: January 12, 2016, 06:41:10 PM »
Yeah, I'll keep the derailing going. I was vegetarian/borderline vegan for almost two years a long time ago. I had done a lot of research and based on health and ethics I made the switch. Got a job at a local health food store and one of my coworkers who was a nutritionist taught me a whole bunch of shit. I had the hookup on some of the best vitamins and supplements you could get your hands on. Ate super clean, slimmed down to a healthier weight and got in tip top shape.

Then, towards the end, my body just started craving meat. One day I'm at the local Mexican joint eating veggie tacos while my bro is eating some juicy ass steak ones. I was like, "fuck it" and ordered 4 of them. Shit was over from there. I just stay away from fast food and meat that I know is filled with garbage. I still make an effort to eat a balanced diet, but it's much less stressful not worrying if I'm eating something filled with GMO's or antibiotics. You can be a raw vegan for half your life and you'll most likely still die from some form of cancer or disease that kills you slowly.

In conclusion, I love food.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #372 on: January 12, 2016, 07:31:49 PM »
Fuck yeah RE: nutritional yeast. So good on pizza, or on some toast with avocado and hot sauce, or basically any and every savory food.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #373 on: January 12, 2016, 08:27:10 PM »
Things must be different in the States, because I've never met a sanctimonious or proselytizing vegan.

As a vegetarian, I don't think anybody likes to talk about my diet more than uppity meat eaters after finding out I'm vegetarian. I think a lot of the proselytizing vegan/vegetarian trope is similar to straight people who are offended by "the gay agenda" being shoved in their face. It's a lot more shock and unfamiliarity than actual intrusiveness.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #374 on: January 12, 2016, 08:30:28 PM »
I find people who eat meat to be way more annoying assholes, honestly. The reason that I don't eat meat is really only because I think it's gross and don't have a taste for it. However, before I can even give anyone a reason - as if I owe them one at all - they go into some, "awe, you're not going to ruin the night out are you?" rant. It's like people get nervous when I say that I don't eat meat. Food is an emotional thing. Different is scary to some people, they seem to take it on as a burden to themselves and panic or get angry and offended. This probably goes both ways for vegans and meat eaters alike but the reason vegans try to be more "out there" is that they're the minority.

Saying I don't eat meat makes people be all fucking weird, "like omg do you care if I eat this in front of you?" or "if you were like stranded on a desert island and there was only a cow would you eat it?". I don't know, are you gonna be offended if I eat a carrot in front of you? If there was no meat and you were stranded on a desert island would you eat an apple?

Think about how much people eat meat now vs in prehistoric times. They ate mostly fruits, grains, and vegetables because you had to hunt for your game. We know a lot more now about nutrition so you can eat whatever you want as long as you make sure to get your vi tam ins.

I skimmed past this before I made my post, but yeah, I've had similar experiences.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #375 on: January 13, 2016, 02:08:23 AM »
As someone who enjoys all kinds of food I've really enjoyed reading all your different approaches to eating ,opinions on the food industry and  experiences with different diets and other people's reactions to your choice but can we get back to ripping on Prawn Showers now? Maybe an update on wether he got busted or a photoshop. If not then carry on.

Bonefish

« Reply #376 on: January 13, 2016, 06:50:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Things must be different in the States, because I've never met a sanctimonious or proselytizing vegan.
[close]

As a vegetarian, I don't think anybody likes to talk about my diet more than uppity meat eaters after finding out I'm vegetarian. I think a lot of the proselytizing vegan/vegetarian trope is similar to straight people who are offended by "the gay agenda" being shoved in their face. It's a lot more shock and unfamiliarity than actual intrusiveness.

Maybe this is generally true, but I live a few blocks away from some pretty militant vegans who call me names for going to the pizza shop

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #377 on: January 13, 2016, 07:12:57 AM »
After all this hype, I cooked a couple lobsters up and made lobster rolls this weekend. They were delicious.

Thanks SP

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #378 on: January 13, 2016, 07:58:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Maybe this is generally true, but I live a few blocks away from some pretty militant vegans who call me names for going to the pizza shop

Yeah i'd probably throw sprinkle cheese at them next time they try and josh ya!
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

Custom skater

• Rep: -80
« Reply #379 on: January 13, 2016, 08:24:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Is it anything creative?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #380 on: January 13, 2016, 08:45:42 AM »

Reminds me of a Norm Macdonald joke. Something along the lines of "I don't drink, and the first response to that is 'are you an alcoholic?' I always thought alcoholics drank a whole lot."

I think the "do you care if I eat this in front of you" thing is actually people being sensitive to your restrictions.  I've been to endless bbq's with veggy people asking for a separate grill and made a whole stink about how they won't eat from a grill that "burnt dead animal" or some other hyperbolic reaction. However, if I do have a veggy person over for a bbq, I'll offer them a shot at the grill before the meat goes on. Both sides have the potential to be assholes. I've had a vegetarian roommate with a vegan girlfriend who used to scream "eww, it smells like dead animal in here" every time I was cooking meat in my own damned kitchen. He was rad, she was not. I started off trying to not offend my friend's girlfriend, but after like the 3rd or 4th time my reaction turned to something along the lines of "yep, that happens here, if you don't like it, don't come by."

Basically, many many veggy people aren't assholes, but a lot of people are prepared to preemptively respond to the PETA-types out there, and yes, they very much do exist.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #381 on: January 13, 2016, 09:22:57 AM »
Holy fuck that's wack ^ shocked that that actually happens, I've literally never heard of anything like that up here among adults. Perhaps it really is an American/California thing?. If you go to an omni BBQ you'd be an complete idiot to expect any aspect of it to be vegan friendly, let alone demanding that it be so. As a vegan you just have to make the best of something like that for yourself, bring a burrito or a bag of hot samosas, do your own thing and let other people do theirs. It's like asking a building owner for wax while your fucking up his new planters, you can do your thing but don't expect him to help you with it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 09:27:34 AM by perverted super otaku! »

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #382 on: January 13, 2016, 10:34:55 AM »
Goddamn i love eating dead animals

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
« Reply #383 on: January 13, 2016, 11:32:40 AM »
me too, this thread has  gone to shit.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #384 on: January 13, 2016, 02:28:14 PM »
PETA got back to me and said they were still looking into it .  Ill write back and see if they got a police report on it

I havent got a reply from that METRO reporter yet , so ill keep waiting

For the people complaining about this thread has no updates and has gone lame and boring . Who have you guys emailed and sent complaints to ?  have you guys been spamming palace and supreme emails ? instagrams and twitters ?

Where are those complaints to the police department ??

Some of you guys have done stuff , but the majority just wanna shit on Powers without really doing something

jomeara1

« Reply #385 on: January 13, 2016, 02:35:53 PM »
PETA got back to me and said they were still looking into it .  Ill write back and see if they got a police report on it

I havent got a reply from that METRO reporter yet , so ill keep waiting

For the people complaining about this thread has no updates and has gone lame and boring . Who have you guys emailed and sent complaints to ?  have you guys been spamming palace and supreme emails ? instagrams and twitters ?

Where are those complaints to the police department ??

Some of you guys have done stuff , but the majority just wanna shit on Powers without really doing something

Just like Chase Gabor

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #386 on: January 13, 2016, 02:46:55 PM »
Can somebody sum this thread up for me? Going by the title I don't think it's worth reading the many many pages. I could be wrong though.

Many thanks.

HCM

jomeara1

« Reply #387 on: January 13, 2016, 02:49:30 PM »
Can somebody sum this thread up for me? Going by the title I don't think it's worth reading the many many pages. I could be wrong though.

Many thanks.

HCM

Shawn Powers threw lobsters at wall, caught on tape, animal cruelty, people are angry.

EDIT: His friend filmed it, my bad

coneklr

« Reply #388 on: January 13, 2016, 02:56:00 PM »
Expand Quote

Many thanks.

HCM
[close]

Shawn Powers broke a restaurants seafood tank, threw lobsters at wall, caught on tape, animal cruelty, people are angry.

EDIT: His friend filmed it, my bad

jomeara1

« Reply #389 on: January 13, 2016, 02:59:46 PM »
^There ya go. I narrowed it down too much.