Author Topic: Quasi have to be the sickest decks around  (Read 24044 times)

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1237
Re: Quasi have to be the sickest decks around
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2016, 04:10:29 AM »

got the blue stained 8.25 not too long ago from my local shop. was thrilled with the shape and the way it skated, but upon setup it was most certainly closer to 8.18
snapped the nose rather quickly and im not that board breaking dude, ever. probably one every 5 years.
i would buy their boards again its just a mindfuck having to potentially buy up a size in order to get what you want

chillclinton87

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2016, 08:24:19 AM »
Quasi seems to be using similar PS molds to what Habitat is using. That 8.25 x 31.125 in particular, with the huge nose, is a common mold between the 2 companies. I also think the 8.125 x 32.125 is a common mold.

I was just on an 8.125 Habitat Dela that felt completely different than any previous I've had (and I've skated a lot of them) and I hated it. I only skated it for one night. It was making me really mad so I just set something else up.

Steve - the way you describe that 8.375 sounds like the exact mold Habitat used for the Al Davis pro debut board. I actually liked the shape. It was sort of pointy at the nose, pinned/thinned toward the tail. And it didn't skate like an 8.3 at all. It was definitely a bit more narrow.

wich one? was it the seminal series or what it was called?

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2016, 06:07:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thanks Steve, they got back to me super quick but pretty much just told me to suck it up regarding the board not being true to size.   

On the plus side, the guy said a Quasi video is in the works. 
[close]

Yeah, keep in mind that they are measured the PS Stix way as in "with" the concave vs the DLX way which is "across" the concave.  Everything is going to measure a bit smaller than what you might be used to
[close]

Shit I had no idea they did that. That explains why my 8.125 feels like a 7.25.

what. I did not know this. my mind is blown. but this is good info. for future purchases.

Jordick

« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2016, 09:17:06 PM »
I saw a post by Proffessor Schmitt that showed a visitor alien worship deck (8.125 x 32.125) and he claimed that alien had been using that shape for like twelve years or something. Could it be possible he uses that old alien shape for quasi and other ps stix distributed brands?

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2016, 11:23:53 PM »

Just got this bad bitch. Can't wait to set her up after my Blood Wizard board hits the pooper.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2016, 03:22:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Quasi seems to be using similar PS molds to what Habitat is using. That 8.25 x 31.125 in particular, with the huge nose, is a common mold between the 2 companies. I also think the 8.125 x 32.125 is a common mold.

I was just on an 8.125 Habitat Dela that felt completely different than any previous I've had (and I've skated a lot of them) and I hated it. I only skated it for one night. It was making me really mad so I just set something else up.
[close]

That's the one, the Seminal. Just felt completely wrong. And instead of continuing to make myself mental I just set something else up.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2016, 04:21:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That's the one, the Seminal. Just felt completely wrong. And instead of continuing to make myself mental I just set something else up.

hahahaha maaan i got the same one sitting around at home and i am avoiding to skate it to the end. felt very weird for me too. totally different than other 8,125 habitat i had.

.Lain

• Rep: 2
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2016, 05:40:04 PM »
Finally got the chance to get a day session in with my Mother bledsoe dose 8.25. I fucking love this shape.
definitely going to grab some Quasi decks in the future.

zippy z

« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2016, 09:07:44 PM »
Defintely got the good homie to order a few JJ Human Zoo in 8.5 so I can keep a small stock of boards I love. Mother boards are essential.

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2016, 06:58:10 PM »
Are the 8.5's still really 8.5?

And, are they as stiff as I remember?