Author Topic: Indy stage 10  (Read 8323 times)

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Re: Indy stage 10
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2014, 06:28:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Pretty sure stage 7.
The ones rowley skates maybe?
[close]

yeah, that's what I've surmised as well.  I just have found memories of skating a pair of indys then that lasted 3 years before they were ground down to oblivion.  I remember them dying right before I went to college and being so bummed I was going to move to a new town/scene and have to skate on new trucks.

The ones I liked were from 1995 too. I thought they were Stage 8 but they could have been 7. They were double drilled 146s. Again, if they made those with the new metal and non slip axles I'd be down.

Aidan Clarke

• Rep: -122
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2014, 05:24:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pretty sure stage 7.
[close]

yeah, that's what I've surmised as well.  I just have found memories of skating a pair of indys then that lasted 3 years before they were ground down to oblivion.  I remember them dying right before I went to college and being so bummed I was going to move to a new town/scene and have to skate on new trucks.
[close]

The ones I liked were from 1995 too. I thought they were Stage 8 but they could have been 7. They were double drilled 146s. Again, if they made those with the new metal and non slip axles I'd be down.

im almost positive theyre stage 7. stage 8 came out a few years later, which i personally preferred as long as the bushings were switched out. at the time, i was putting the red doh doh's in there and they turned great, grinded smoothly and were stable without being too high.

idk what im riding now, all i know is that theyre indies with hollow axles with red bushings that say koston on the hangar. im pretty sure theyre highs, but for a while i was riding thunder and decided to try these when i switched back to indy a year ago. i dont feel the need to change the bushings like i used to with other indys, and even though theyre heavier than what im used to i can tell that theyre definitely going to last for the long haul. they have yellow curb paint all over them right now and look great after 12 months.

does anyone know if my trucks are 10/10.5/11?
#crackkka

BBM: 79DEA941, fuck with me sheffledge

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2014, 05:38:13 PM »
^^ 10 or 10.5, cant remember which, ive got a set of the hollow Kostons sitting waiting for these reynolds ones too crap out. they're not a high truck if i recall, its like 1.5 mm shorter

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2014, 06:10:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pretty sure stage 7.
[close]

[close]

[close]

im almost positive theyre stage 7. stage 8 came out a few years later, which i personally preferred as long as the bushings were switched out. at the time, i was putting the red doh doh's in there and they turned great, grinded smoothly and were stable without being too high.

idk what im riding now, all i know is that theyre indies with hollow axles with red bushings that say koston on the hangar. im pretty sure theyre highs, but for a while i was riding thunder and decided to try these when i switched back to indy a year ago. i dont feel the need to change the bushings like i used to with other indys, and even though theyre heavier than what im used to i can tell that theyre definitely going to last for the long haul. they have yellow curb paint all over them right now and look great after 12 months.

what side of the hangar is koston printed?  outside (nose/tail end) or inside (between trucks)?  my stage 10 koston hollow forged had koston printed on outside (prior to being sanded off)
hardly art, hardly starving

Aidan Clarke

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2014, 06:03:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pretty sure stage 7.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

what side of the hangar is koston printed?  outside (nose/tail end) or inside (between trucks)?  my stage 10 koston hollow forged had koston printed on outside (prior to being sanded off)

i may be misinterpreting your question, but the koston print is closer to the axles than it is the middle of the hangar. does that mean anything definitive?
#crackkka

Aidan Clarke

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2014, 06:07:14 PM »
^^ 10 or 10.5, cant remember which, ive got a set of the hollow Kostons sitting waiting for these reynolds ones too crap out. they're not a high truck if i recall, its like 1.5 mm shorter

i think i just answered my own question from finding them at dogfunk.com :P i dont 100% trust this website though, it seems like one step above a worst case scenario.

http://www.dogfunk.com/independent-trucks-koston-stage-10-forged-hollow-truck

theyre 1.5 higher according to that website, those are the ones i have with the red bushings. i used to hate independent bushings way back when and would always swap them out, but these are definitely workable and ive been riding them stock for a year. i havent liked new trucks for the past 6-8 years, but im really down for these.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 06:10:20 PM by Aidan Clarke »
#crackkka

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2014, 06:28:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i think i just answered my own question from finding them at dogfunk.com :P i dont 100% trust this website though, it seems like one step above a worst case scenario.

http://www.dogfunk.com/independent-trucks-koston-stage-10-forged-hollow-truck

theyre 1.5 higher according to that website, those are the ones i have with the red bushings. i used to hate independent bushings way back when and would always swap them out, but these are definitely workable and ive been riding them stock for a year. i havent liked new trucks for the past 6-8 years, but im really down for these.
yeah those are 11's - called 10.5 because of the forged baseplate. stage 10 kostons have a black box around the name and 11's have white

art hellman

• SLAP Pal

colin

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2014, 07:05:13 PM »

Aidan Clarke

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2014, 07:11:24 PM »
everyone that i meet that rides indys these days feels strongly for one and dislikes the other heavily. a lot of people tell me that the 10.5/11's are too high and heavy, but i wouldnt know from experience. are they really that much higher and heavier than the tens? i figured that since the kostons that ride have the hollow axle/ kingpin/ 10 baseplate that it would have kept some of the weight off in comparison.

honestly, i never liked riding high trucks all that much in the past. even though i had a few times, it was because they were either free or what i had available to me. my first set of trucks were venture lows (and a set of highs thrown into the mix once), and i rode those for a long time before i switched to thunder. i tried thunder highs, but only because it was the lowest high truck that was available. now that im riding higher trucks, i feel like i cant go back again. maybe its because im older or something, but i like being able to turn a lot more now than i ever did and i enjoy the grind clearance. it kind of surprised me that indy makes low trucks now, does anyone ride those things? they used to get them in the skateshop by me, but i dont think they sold well and at one point the only truck they sold were the kostons i currently have now.

i used to get boxes of furys and would trade them to skate shops for old sets of stage 8's that a local surf/ skate shop had lying around. this was back in '03-'05. i really wish i stocked up on those. were the stage 9's any good?
#crackkka

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2014, 07:39:40 PM »

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2016, 10:37:36 AM »
more than a year later, I figured out they are Stage 7.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2016, 03:20:29 AM »
big ass indy pic

I just love this. It's always nice to see the evolution of a design. Is there a pic like that with, say, wheel standards?