Author Topic: Etnies sizing  (Read 4194 times)

Jake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -33
Etnies sizing
« on: January 14, 2016, 05:42:45 PM »
I recently ordered a pair of the etnies marana x hookups shoe. I'm a size 10 usually(currently skating grant taylor blazer lows), so I got the Marana's in a 10. They are really fucking cramped in the toe, so I'm going to return them. They don't have a 10.5, so I'm going to get Marana vulcs instead. I should probably get a 10.5 right? Or was the marana x hookups so tight because they're cupsole? I'd appreciate insight from anyone whose skated them, thanks.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Etnies sizing
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 05:46:05 PM »
Rap CTs fit big, but they're vulc so they will stretch a bit more than Marana cups.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 06:11:56 PM »
Tried on a pair of the marana vulc in my true size and they had a little extra toe room, I would try them on if possible just in case.

Xtal

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 07:16:16 PM »
People still buy Etnies?

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 07:18:16 PM »
People still buy Etnies?
If the price is reasonable why wouldn't you? I've never had a problem with sole tech shoes.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 07:34:21 PM »
People still buy Etnies?

etnies are great! They are in the same league as new balance & converse in terms of quality and endurance. I had the lo-cut II recently and they were amazing. My low cuts fit great and i have wide feet. My marana's are a little on the snug side.

Did you get a good price on the hookups etnies? I have a pair and i want to buy a few more?

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 06:28:39 AM »
I recently ordered a pair of the etnies marana x hookups shoe. I'm a size 10 usually(currently skating grant taylor blazer lows), so I got the Marana's in a 10. They are really fucking cramped in the toe, so I'm going to return them. They don't have a 10.5, so I'm going to get Marana vulcs instead. I should probably get a 10.5 right? Or was the marana x hookups so tight because they're cupsole? I'd appreciate insight from anyone whose skated them, thanks.

Nike vulc shoes were known to run little bit bigger then Nike cupsoles.
Nowadays they produce so much different shoes so I'm not sure if that is still the case.

Etnies shoes like most of the Sole tech shoes usually run true to the size in both cupsole and vulc models.
If I was you I would get Marana vulc in 10.5.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 05:50:25 PM »
first runs of maranas (in canvas) are waaaay tight

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 10:09:47 PM »
People still buy Etnies?
They are super good in vulc and cups. Looove their grip patterns always they just get better with time, they aren't the etnies 3 of 2007. They honestly humiliate emerica with their provost shoes and bad Reynolds version 11... Got hope for Es but etnies always been good, and I hate every marana model ever made so that's saying something

Xtal

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 10:33:48 PM »
Expand Quote
People still buy Etnies?
[close]
They are super good in vulc and cups. Looove their grip patterns always they just get better with time, they aren't the etnies 3 of 2007. They honestly humiliate emerica with their provost shoes and bad Reynolds version 11... Got hope for Es but etnies always been good, and I hate every marana model ever made so that's saying something

They do look like they have better tech than Emerica's. At least they use decent insoles for their vulcs whereas Emerica's are flimsy pieces of shit unless you get the cupsole models. I've always been disgusted by Etnies' logo and I think that's always been a major factor for not buying their shoes, silly as it may sound. I just stick with the Vans Pro Classic models (Half Cab Pro, Era Pro) the insoles are fine and the looks are truly original.