Author Topic: Your city  (Read 206810 times)

StokedTaco

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -180
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Your city
« Reply #240 on: December 05, 2009, 03:35:02 AM »
chicagos filled with 6,7,8's    ive only found a few rails and winters sucks.  But they recently put a park under the highway so thats were im going this winter
there's a couple rails. there's a 12 rail right by clemente school. (oviously the clemente rails) bloodbath, walt disney school has a gnarley rail, lanetech, they're all scattered around.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #241 on: December 24, 2009, 04:03:25 PM »
lane tech sucks i live 4 blocks away.  it has a six rail but the ground is complete shit and also has 3 and 4 rails.  but over the  summer the were building a handicap ramp and before the finished it was pretty sick

ryanage

• Rep: 32
    • fun with poverty: a web comic avatar image
« Reply #242 on: January 07, 2010, 03:33:56 AM »
daytona beach, fl

really.  my town sucks, but here goes...

shops
we have stone edge in south daytona on ridgewood.  it's also a park.  i've only skated the park once, and didn't really like it, but i guess it's not horrible.  they have a pretty decent shoe and deck selection, but not much else.

we also have sandy point right south on the same road.  not bad.  again with the decent shoe and deck selection.

spike's athletic footwear (same road again) is several miles north.  they have some harder to find vans (ie. vegan rowleys) but really specialize in basketball and running, so it's not te best.

spots
after the hurricanes, there was this house that got destroyed and abandoned.  it had a sick pool.  eventually, too many people found out about it, and it got filled with gravel. 

in port orange on ridgewood, we have some ledges that are pretty decent.

also on ridgewood, behind the ice rink in south daytona isn't heinous.

beachside is littered with skate stoppers, but there are some bits of area here and there that are pretty cool.  just takes some searching.

we also have a free park in ormond, but it's bmx territory, so it can get a little scary once the high schools let out.

food

avocado kitchen is probs our most veggie friendly place.  they have a fucking amazing breakfast menu.  it's on beach street.
peach valley has some of the best breakfast potatos i've ever had, and the fried artichokes are bomb as fuck.  that's in ormond on granada near the beach.
there's a pretty good pizza place in ormond on granada and nova called pizzano's.  probably the best pizza in town (although that's not saying much)
in south daytona really close to stone edge, there's a fucking amazing thai place called songkran.  they can make anything vegan or vegetarian, too, as long as you specify.

other shit
really, all we do here is drink.  or go to orlando, which is way better for everything i mentioned above.

note that if you're in town, just hit me up with a message.  if i'm not down to chill, i'll at least give ya some tips on what to do while you're around.  a lot of stuff is dependent on what time of year you're around.

SHIT!

almost forgot to mention!
thursdays is 50 cent beers at tir na nog (my personal bar of choice) and 75 cent beers at robbie o'connell's (full of douchebags, but they take longer to run out of the cheap beers).  if you're under 21, if you hit the nog with me, you're set.  otherwise they card.  adamantly.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 03:49:39 AM by ryanage »

funwithpoverty.wordpress.com

Rihardslol

« Reply #243 on: February 08, 2010, 11:41:45 AM »
Latvia, Riga

16 year old hungover girls staggering in the streets in the mornings. No skate spots. 2 skateshops,  one of them is almost dead(I will probably get all my next stuff from orchard haha). Small skate scene. No one cares about us. Bad economy. Russians can get annoying (except skateboarders, they are nice people) . Sometimes the temperature falls down to -22, in daytime it's from 14 to -4(Farenheit). Skateboarding competitions where you can win beer and everyone gets stoned or drunk in the middle of the comp. Good people.

I can't believe that if you go a few kilometers up to Helsinki, it's like skateboarding Mecca there, and everyone is happy about everything. Here everyone looks depressed
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 11:43:23 AM by Rihardslol »

Blitz

• Rep: -4
  • Skateboarding > Everything Else
    • MyBerrics avatar image
« Reply #244 on: March 25, 2010, 08:32:57 PM »
Live: Radcliff, Kentucky

my local park blows something serious. but a 45 minute drive north to Louisville means a good skate day.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #245 on: May 29, 2010, 08:34:59 PM »
Bumping this thread.

Any Hawaii residents?

Going to be staying at my buddy's place in Manoa (by the University) in Honolulu for two weeks in July. It's probably going to be hot as shit, but I'm bringing a board along.

Any cool parks? Has to be free, no helmets+pads, etc. etc. Oh yeah, snake runs would be nice!

Other interesting non-skate related activities/places to go?

Lurkenstock

« Reply #246 on: June 28, 2010, 05:35:21 PM »
Bumping this thread.

Any Hawaii residents?

Going to be staying at my buddy's place in Manoa (by the University) in Honolulu for two weeks in July. It's probably going to be hot as shit, but I'm bringing a board along.

Any cool parks? Has to be free, no helmets+pads, etc. etc. Oh yeah, snake runs would be nice!

Other interesting non-skate related activities/places to go?
Yeah dude there's a few parks close by.
A'ala Park is the main one, downtown Honolulu, lights at night and stays open 'til 9PM
It's on Beretania Street in Chinatown, you can't miss it.

Makiki skatepark is really small but pretty fun if not too crowded. Not the best obstacles in there but oh well, it's in town and pretty close to where you'll be.
Park is located in Makiki next to the freeway under the Keeaumoku Street overpass.

Both of those places are mostly street-oriented parks.

No snake runs over here though.
If you're more into flow type parks with bigger tranny stuff go east out to the Hawaii Kai skatepark or hit up the north shore and skate the park up there.

Non skate wise stuff, go to the beach, fool!
Also tons of killer hiking spots and hot chicks everywhere.
Have a good one.

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #247 on: July 28, 2010, 11:24:09 AM »
Kansas City anybody?

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #248 on: October 10, 2010, 12:01:13 AM »
Yuba city ca.

Shitty horrible town, full of tweekers or to be drug addicts, local park is addled with old friends and other burn outs who wasted their intellect and talent on drugs, 20% unemployment rate, lots of racist right wing christians, hicks, horrible cops, people are morons here devoid of any compassion or drive to get anything out of life aside from a job and a bitch and kid. Horrible all the way around. a straight up welfare town.

skating around here can get you fucked up by the cops...

even the steven

tre killa

« Reply #249 on: February 16, 2011, 09:18:27 PM »
santa rosa, northern california

spots:downtown has lots of good spots easy too find stuff, santa rosa notable eight stair in a good amount of vids plus other fun things, montgomery high school lots of planter ledges.

shops:brotherhood boardshop almost 30 years old skate and surf mainly skate now becuase of new owners who greatly improved the shop good shop good selection cool people.

toristy spots:it is in wine country and the guy wrote charlie brown was an sr native and has a neat musuem here

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #250 on: March 03, 2012, 04:35:33 PM »
BOULDER, CO

Sussix ledge: 30th+walnut st.
14 rail+CU campus at duane physics building
South boulder gap+broadway and table mesa dr (bike path)
underpass ledge+30th st and Iris st (bike path)
rainbow ledge+Pearl st and 26th (4stair sidewalk gap across the parking lot)
curb high manny pads(long and short)+30th st and Valmont rd

thats a good start

Don't forget about Meta! Theres tons of cool spots on the campus!

october

• Rep: 23
« Reply #251 on: April 22, 2013, 10:44:05 PM »
Anyone in Charleston, SC?

micky682

« Reply #252 on: April 24, 2013, 07:09:41 AM »
In Northern Virginia, any slap pals or anybody know spots

Instascam

• Rep: -2
« Reply #253 on: July 25, 2013, 05:38:01 PM »
Hey guys this is slightly irrelevant but does anyone know if it's illegal to skate in a ditch in Kentucky? There's a ditch that's open to all under a small bridge. There's a sweet quarter with flat on the top, but I've been in trouble before and don't want to get in trouble again with something like "trespassing in a ditch"

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #254 on: August 21, 2015, 02:36:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Portland:
I don't know much about the street spots, so I will let Jayme or others fill that in.

Stuff to skate that I know:
Burnside park located under the Burnside bridge, one of the craziest places you will ever skate. Don't be a dick.
Wallride spot (not sure the name) right up the street from Burnside, recent photo of Seth McCullum doing a wall ride nose slide. On MLK.
Pier Park technically St Johns this is the newest city skate park. Home to a huge full pipe and some big bowls, also some granite hubba's on the street course,� it is alright but over run by bikes. Go early and hope no bikes tracks mud though the day before. Check out dreamlands website for photos.
Old Fred Myers way the fuck out on Burnside, chunked ledge, manny pads, fun double sided curb.
Down town has some stuff, push around and check it out, most good stuff is skate proofed, but some gems exist.

Skateshops:
Three shops to choose from
Cals- Long time shop, they know their stuff, cater to old school and long boards but carry a lot of new stuff as well
Cals Pharmacy - Shop for the younger "street" guys, super nice people working there. Lots of Nike's for people into that kind of stuff. Right next to the Department of Skateboarding Park which is a fun place to skate on a deary Portland winter day.
Shrunken Head- My shop of choice, run by two gnarly Burnside locals, super cool guys, small selection of stuff but what they have is good. They also threw some good skate jams over the summer. I highly recommend supporting these guys when you can. Also one of their friends "sperm" got hurt and they have been raising money to help him, check them out at www.myspace.com/shrukenhead.
They also put on video premiers from time to time.

Food
Veggie House on I believe it is 2th street in China town, all veggie with a 6.50$ all you can eat lunch buffet, even non veggie folks can't pass up a deal like that.
Voodoo Doughnuts I think it is on 1st Everything from vegan doughnuts to ones toped with bacon, open really late and worth checking out.

Anyway I will let Jayme fill in the blanks, he has lived here a lot longer then me.

And according to Dr. Newton everyone here is a crusty punk hippie heron addict so watch out.
[close]

alot of the street spots are spread out through the suburbs of portland.

zoo bomb: starts on the west edge of portland and takes you into the city.
you can ride the max up to the zoo and take a hill bomb that goes downhill for a good 3-5 miles.

aloha huber high school: pretty new spot, has a bunch of differen hieght ledges.

dust bowl: located down in the pearl district, some metal edge ledges and some banks.

whitiker school: a couple ledges that were made by some locals. located in northeast portland.

allen banks: some really good banks to launch out of, there is a prety fun pole jam going out of one of the banks. located in beaverton.

beaverton library: smooth manual benches.

pcc sylvania: rails, ledges, stairs and alot more, its really only skateable on sundays and holidays.

wild life reserve: lots of gaps and stairs, its the spot that rick mcrank ollies 4 stairs and a gap onto a skinny bench and then kickflips off over a gap and 4 stairs.

ross island half pipes: brent and beach own this spot.

there are plenty more spots, i will try and list some more tommorow

I'll fill in the downtown section of Portland a little more

Spots
Keller Fountain - roughish ground with some gaps and few manny pads. Lots of water at this spot so have someone on board duty.

Directors Park - newish park with rough granite ground. Couple of wooden benches to manual and a couple small stair sets.

Lincoln High - iconic Portland spot, decent red and white ledges, pretty good flatground and a couple stair sets. Never kicked out but you gotta go after 5 during the week and the high school kids have priority if they need to use the upper for practice or anything.

Esplanade - nice parking lot turned urban plaza right next to the running path on the east bank by OMSI and the fire dept. A couple ledges and manny pads, nice flatground. Almost always a session going on in the afternoon/evening. Never kicked out but watch out for the homeless and drug dealers. Never any problems that I've seen but it's a huge gathering spot.

Unitus Plaza - brick plaza with a marble 5 all the way around the building. ledges around the outside of the plaza but have a big drop on the other side of the fence

South Park blocks 9 stair - 9 stair with a big manny pad to the side of it that is curved. lots of homeless at this spot but seldom kicked out.

South Park blocks marble pad - small piece of granite that you can manual, more likely to get kicked out here than the 9 stair. 5 or so blocks south from the 9 stair

PSU - lots of stuff at PSU. Huge drop, couple 4 and 5 stairs in the PSU Urban Centre (right between MAX stops), PSU tennis courts or soccer field walkway for flatground days, campus security will come if called but don't seem to care otherwise

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=z6iUvI64jcOo.kcWV4hs0YBwk&hl=en

Food
Food carts galore. There's a couple different food cart areas, one by the max line headed north and one by the street car line headed south.

There are a lot of homeless/druggies in the downtown area.

ohhgreenworld

« Reply #255 on: August 21, 2015, 03:04:59 PM »
I'm from Phoenix Arizona, lived here my whole life..

I am pretty curioius to know what slap dudes think of arizona.

Everytime someone comes to visit, they always have to mention two things:
1) Pyramid Country?
2) Does everyone make out?

Arizona has way more to offer than that...
What do you guys think of phoenix, or arizona in general?

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #256 on: November 14, 2015, 05:22:32 PM »
I am laughing horrors at the existance of the ANIME TO SKATESHOP, they don't even have Hookups in there.

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #257 on: May 23, 2018, 01:42:03 PM »
West Palm Beach/Lakeworth/Boynton Beach

well how to start this description:
 I believe I can summarize this review of a transplant living in the palm beach area and suburbs....
by listing places and spots pros and cons.....

Forgive me to those that are from here and correct me if I am wrong!!!..........You all are so random to see and if I do see you it's at phipps? why the fuck is phipps just the spot?!!?!?!

ok lets start with WPB lots of spots and hilarious mediocre club kids who have settled well with mediocrity in a shithole city. Now I dont want to shit on this place as it does have decent spots terrific skaters at phipps and no bullshit yall got some talent for Floridugh having some mean talent..  continuing on to describe Floriduh in a nutshell if you aren't rich good luck and godspeed you will be kinda bored?! I do know of Lots of dork spots manual pads and loading docks and ledges as I do renegade DIY ledge spots and I DO NOT POST ON INSTASCAM.....
You are in the area I can tell you of some sick spots but as with every spot dont trash it........

Lake Worth hmmmmm well you have Shredshed downtown decent spot to get gear, spots theres a few loading dock/ stage high ledge....... weird water gap but cobbled stone soft wheels needed...... This place is for the LGBT community and older heads. Some spots but no real beef but great for people watching.  Oh and a decent ditch spot but bring your own broom or improvise.....

Boynton Beach well not much there loading docks a few other random spots manny pads umm lots of corny as prefab parks some favorabe some just plain dogshit!!!!! Lantana scooter park And spil and slide Rich kid Park vista.
add more as these seem to come to mind and I am grilling ribs thats right ribs with habanero and spicy cayenne rub..
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #258 on: October 24, 2018, 08:11:36 PM »
Ventura, California

A really overpriced coastal town that wannabe hipsters and rich surfers live. There used to be a scene because of Skate Street, and there is a smaller one now. There are a few spots downtown, and there used to be 2 empty pools back on the day that were within a mile of each other. The pools are now filled up/taken out, and the spots that are downtown are minimal. There are a few ledges, and a couple of stair sets, and by the mall there is/was (idk because its blocked off from construction) a parking structure where they had pretty long waxed ledges, and it was a pretty good place to skate in the rain. There's a few rails, and by the freeway, there is a Jersey Barrier spot with a diy quarter. There is also 3 parks, WestPark, Hobert, and Pacific. They are all pretty bad, and WestPark is probably the best. There's pretty good pizza at Tony's. Thats about it.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #259 on: May 14, 2019, 06:03:43 AM »
Prague, Czech Republic.
Charlotte, NC
Shops: Darkslide and Tulip and the skater owned ones hence the best. Darkslide has a huge selection of pretty much everything but shoes (Only Vans and Nike SB) on the other end Tulip has a bunch of Adidas and that would be all. There are other shops like Revolution, Easy Rider, Pop Corn, etc.

Spots:
Stalin Plaza, period. Has everything

Skateparks:
Many like babas, Mystic, etc. But in the end if you go you'll find asking yourself "Why I'm not @ Stalin?"

Food: Burrito loco is a safe bet always.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #260 on: September 15, 2019, 05:49:39 PM »
West Palm Beach/Lake Worth/Lantana/Boynton Beach/Del Ray
If in the area honestly go to any other city then this hell hole.....

Shops: Post Modern West Palm Beach cool shop but boutiquey like a Floriduh version of Supreme bit prcey for decks but they have the decks you're looking for.

ShredShed Lake Worhless ummmm if you can stand the owner and buying what would be discounted items at Ross or any toher shop for full price and selling price point decks at full price this shop is for you.

Spots there are quite a few and most are here and there, Stoops Ditch of I-95 10th ave you have to either walk through weeds or ask skate shop.

Blue Bar of Boynton Beach blvd behind psychic white and blue shudders

Eats Lupitas tex mex great burritos and nachos, Tacos el Cabron

Be warned the scene here is weird and selective, very cliquey cliche.

Parks Phipps, Park Vista, Hobbit 505 teen drop in, Royal Palm park, wellington skate park most are prefab parks.
Dueces Bitch's

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #261 on: September 15, 2019, 07:32:34 PM »
Ventura, California

A really overpriced coastal town that wannabe hipsters and rich surfers live. There used to be a scene because of Skate Street, and there is a smaller one now. There are a few spots downtown, and there used to be 2 empty pools back on the day that were within a mile of each other. The pools are now filled up/taken out, and the spots that are downtown are minimal. There are a few ledges, and a couple of stair sets, and by the mall there is/was (idk because its blocked off from construction) a parking structure where they had pretty long waxed ledges, and it was a pretty good place to skate in the rain. There's a few rails, and by the freeway, there is a Jersey Barrier spot with a diy quarter. There is also 3 parks, WestPark, Hobert, and Pacific. They are all pretty bad, and WestPark is probably the best. There's pretty good pizza at Tony's. Thats about it.
I liked Ventura butttttttt as you said it’s got a weird vibe thing. I use to bone a hippie from Ventura but I’d spend my time in between Ventura Santa Barbara and Isla vista.
Dueces Bitch's

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #262 on: September 16, 2019, 08:11:44 AM »
Pittsburgh, PA

Shops: OneUP skateshop, there are others but it's the only in city limits that actually does anything for the "scene," plus they're all stand up guys.

Spots:
MLK - school surrounded by banks, zero bust factor but the banks have curbs on the bottom. 9 stairs and rails.

Margaret Milliones - (Oakland) steep ass bank you can skate like a quarter pipe (harmony does a fs tailslide bs revert in good and evil) also 3 blocks you can skate like a gap if you can manage the curved runway. also stays somewhat dry when it rains

Downtown - Downtown pittsburgh is like 5 square miles, it's tiny, but there are a lot of fun spots if you can find them. Skateable planters on Grant street. Marble park - ledges of marble with the worst ground ever, a 6 flat 6 (?). 1st ave is probably the most fun, it's like a couple flat gaps and some bumps. just push around and you'll find something.

Atwood lot - (Oakland) meet up spot. it's just a parking lot and a manual pad but it's a good spot to meet up/ meet people. when it isn't complete shit outside, a lot of people meet up on Thursdays

Either go downtown or go to oakland, chances are you'll bump into someone or find stuff on your own.

Skateparks
Mckinley - metal, mini ramp, quarterpipes, banks, a box, a hip (kind of), some flat bars
Imperial - concrete bowls and snake runs, pretty big. they also have a plastic street course
Penn Hills - a bunch of moveable plastic ramps and some flat bars and shit. it's actually pretty fun
Boyce Park - concrete - bowls and a hubba, i haven't been there yet - Pads required?
Sheradan - haven't been

native sonsMatt Reason, Kevin Taylor, Tommy Budjanec, Henry Panza, Nick Panza, Jerry Cooper, Jesse Thomas, Brian Michaud, Dave Kaule, Austin Kanfoush

Food:
Mad Mex, India Garden, Fuel and Fuddle in Oakland - if you go after 11, food's half off and there are a lot of vegan options. The O and Antoons are good if you want cheap pizza.

Pittsburgh Deli Company in shadyside - good hang out spot for the bar crowd

plus the normal burrito chains and fast food places scattered around.
there's a beer dumpster on the south side of Pittsburgh, I have found countless beers there.
Dueces Bitch's

ghettygreensili

• Rep: -9
« Reply #263 on: September 24, 2019, 05:38:52 PM »
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Small city with good beers and a tight DIY community in Shorewood.

Shops: SkyHigh and Phase 2. SkyHighs cool, I went to a punk show once on the upper level where they have a half pipe. That's the only time I've been there simply because I live on the other side of the city and MCTS sucks. But they raise a lot of money for Estabrook, the DIY, which is rad. Phase 2 is more in the suburbs, out in Wauwatosa. Good friendly atmosphere and shit, used to buy old decks for like 10$ from the guys behind the counter when I was in middle school.

Spots: The Betty Brinn children's museum is always good for some casual ledges, also Discovery World Docks have crisp bleacher ledge combo.  Also, warm up at Estabrook, DIY next to the Beer Garden in Estabrook Park.
Also want to mention some of the Slappy curbs underneath the bridge on 8th and national. UW-Milwaukee has some fun spots and the campus cops are always pretty laid back as long as you have a backpack on, and say you got carried away. Riverside High school is  a good lowkey ledge spot to hit for when you get kicked out of UWM. As long as the high school kids aren't in class the spot is free reign. But beware, the ledges are some true midwest crust.

Food: Ian's Pizza is fucking good. If you're planning on drinking check out a few bars in the bayview or riverwest area. The Eastside doesn't have too many good bars anymore unless you're looking for some craft microbrew shit, or want to score shitty coke at Landmark. Brady and Water St. is mostly full with college kids and dudes that wear boat shoes with salmon colored shorts. So beware.

Frontside grind blind on the government

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #264 on: September 24, 2019, 10:10:58 PM »
So Cal Desert Area.
30,000 people in my city.

Spots
-stairs you can jump down, only 1 rail that has no kinks, super steep and not great
-some really really good, new, like handicap rails. The ones not for stairs, just for walking. They just put in a brand new long curved one like a month ago.
-a super long low wall ledge, nobody has skated that I am gonna skate soon
-nude bowl
-An amazing, gnarly, beautiful, perfect ledge that drops 6ft and gaps out sidewalk width. It's like a spot that would become it's own thing if it was in LA. It gnarly but absolutely would have been skated if anywhere else. Hopefully a team hits nude bowl and comes to look for spots and finds it.
-a rail that is like a polejam angle, height, and width. It goes out of the ground and up to like shoulder height flat.  You could polejam off the side and I bet someone could get up top.

Theres a thing or two I would have to remember I need to post. People are so creative now this town would be great. I thought there was nothing as a kid, and there really isn't unless you are good. A lot of spots here that look really unique.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #265 on: September 26, 2019, 06:43:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Pittsburgh, PA

Shops: OneUP skateshop, there are others but it's the only in city limits that actually does anything for the "scene," plus they're all stand up guys.

Spots:
MLK - school surrounded by banks, zero bust factor but the banks have curbs on the bottom. 9 stairs and rails.

Margaret Milliones - (Oakland) steep ass bank you can skate like a quarter pipe (harmony does a fs tailslide bs revert in good and evil) also 3 blocks you can skate like a gap if you can manage the curved runway. also stays somewhat dry when it rains

Downtown - Downtown pittsburgh is like 5 square miles, it's tiny, but there are a lot of fun spots if you can find them. Skateable planters on Grant street. Marble park - ledges of marble with the worst ground ever, a 6 flat 6 (?). 1st ave is probably the most fun, it's like a couple flat gaps and some bumps. just push around and you'll find something.

Atwood lot - (Oakland) meet up spot. it's just a parking lot and a manual pad but it's a good spot to meet up/ meet people. when it isn't complete shit outside, a lot of people meet up on Thursdays

Either go downtown or go to oakland, chances are you'll bump into someone or find stuff on your own.

Skateparks
Mckinley - metal, mini ramp, quarterpipes, banks, a box, a hip (kind of), some flat bars
Imperial - concrete bowls and snake runs, pretty big. they also have a plastic street course
Penn Hills - a bunch of moveable plastic ramps and some flat bars and shit. it's actually pretty fun
Boyce Park - concrete - bowls and a hubba, i haven't been there yet - Pads required?
Sheradan - haven't been

native sonsMatt Reason, Kevin Taylor, Tommy Budjanec, Henry Panza, Nick Panza, Jerry Cooper, Jesse Thomas, Brian Michaud, Dave Kaule, Austin Kanfoush

Food:
Mad Mex, India Garden, Fuel and Fuddle in Oakland - if you go after 11, food's half off and there are a lot of vegan options. The O and Antoons are good if you want cheap pizza.

[close]
there's a beer dumpster on the south side of Pittsburgh, I have found countless beers there.

Where is this beer dumpster on the South Side that you speak of? I've lived in Pittsburgh my entire life and I've never heard of this haha
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #266 on: September 26, 2019, 11:55:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pittsburgh, PA

Spots:

Skateparks
Sheradan - haven't been

Food:

[close]
[close]

Where is this beer dumpster on the South Side that you speak of? I've lived in Pittsburgh my entire life and I've never heard of this haha
Since I don't drink anymore I'll give you the info via DM
Dueces Bitch's

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #267 on: August 21, 2020, 11:44:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Ventura, California

[close]
I liked Ventura butttttttt as you said it’s got a weird vibe thing. I use to bone a hippie from Ventura but I’d spend my time in between Ventura Santa Barbara and Isla vista.
Yes the vibe is off. Sounds like good times ahahaha.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #268 on: January 24, 2021, 05:11:43 AM »
Anyone in Charleston, SC?

Im in Beaufort SC which sucks, but im an hour away from Charleston. I try to make it there at least once a month for a session to change up the scenery. Beaufort SC is the worst place for skating though lol.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #269 on: January 24, 2021, 06:38:59 AM »
Frankfurt am Main, Germany.

It is the European Capital of Finance. Lots of bankers and many high rises in downtown, but weirdly enough living here you do not get into contact with that community much. The vibe of the city is a bit hectic and cold. Lots of wealth and lots of misery. As far as nightlife goes it feels like a small town, but its alright there are cool things going on. There is a saying in Germany that no one decides to move to Frankfurt to live, they move here to work. But: People fall in love with the place after they have been here for a few years.

The skate scene is pretty good, even though it is kind of small. There are three major skatshops: railslide, titus and bonkers. Railslide is run by business man who hates skaters. There is a really large skatepark "hafenpark or haze park", which is pretty good, but could have definitely been designed alot better. I hang out there alot since I live close by. I enjoy meeting new skaters there from all over the world. We had a great DIY spot, which was finally torn down about two years ago. People have been trying to build something new, but it is hard to find a new place: Real estate is really expensive here and there is alot of spectualation and coruption when it comes to land in the city. Owners and the city keep tight control over their land. This is probably also the reason we do not have a single indoor skatepark.

I have skated many cities in Germany and street skating in Frankfurt is as least as good as in Berlin or Stuttgart- maybe even better. There are too many spots to name and since the city's architecture is constantly being rebuilt new spots pop up all the time. The better known spots are probably Bockenheim banks (banks and ledges, never a bust!), Hauptwache (stairs ledges and manny pads; it used to be the central spot for all skaters, but it is breaking apart a bit), willy brandt platz and the surrounding skyline district (ledges and lots of spots like low to high ledges and barriers just arround the corner, never a bust), die Welle (one of the best spots in the world in my opinion: banks and wallrides, almost always a bust).