Author Topic: Your city  (Read 206841 times)

muskasback

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Your city
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2007, 07:45:42 PM »
Anyone from Louisville KY.

I am heading out there friday to skate the park and wanted to try and hit up that painted white hubba that is in lots of videos. Most recent being "Crime in the Ciity".  Could someone please help with directions. Thanks.
Don't call it a comeback.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2007, 10:17:40 PM »
Expand Quote
yeah..that's it...ah...what's that place with the apple baby dutch pancakes?  it's kinda downtownish....and is the avalon arcade thing still open? 
[close]

yeah the avalon is still open,,that place and kenedy are the spots, nothing like having a beer while watching a movie on the big screen,,im drawing a blank on the pancakes though...

i think it might just be that world famous pancake hut or something....they don't have those up here....so for hosers like me it's exotic....

Ataturk

« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2007, 04:10:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
yeah..that's it...ah...what's that place with the apple baby dutch pancakes?  it's kinda downtownish....and is the avalon arcade thing still open? 
[close]

yeah the avalon is still open,,that place and kenedy are the spots, nothing like having a beer while watching a movie on the big screen,,im drawing a blank on the pancakes though...
[close]

i think it might just be that world famous pancake hut or something....they don't have those up here....so for hosers like me it's exotic....

ACHAT!!  Fore youew I halve search-ed fore thiss esstab-lishmant.  your're think=ing of  this: http://www.yelp.com/biz/jhaxQuv2unJnV-tS5wNyHg

purr-haps.?/

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2007, 03:48:15 PM »
thanks...hey vegs...where can i get ben davis shit in portland?

methuselah

• Rep: -4
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2007, 09:05:09 AM »
Plymouth, NH

Spots

Plymouth State University: All brick with numerous size sets ranging from 3 to 13. Half circle 7 set with accompanying handrails. A varying size grass gap located at the basketball courts. There are large rocks located all over that can be skated. Two ledges located at the clock tower and just north of the clock tower. Theres a gnar 13 stair hubba located at the library. Numerous hill bomb's and such. Go on the weekends or prepare to run if campus security comes because you will recieve a $100 fine.

Downtown: All brick wallride down the alley at the Hong Kong Garden with a pole jam at the bottom of the alley. A cement hip is located behind Main Street Dental. At Napa Auto Parts there is a 4 to 5 ft drop into a really sketchy alley/street. Also on the sidewalks downtown there are a few raised manholes that can be wallied. Hill bombs everywhere and a few bank spots located right outside downtown. The cops will most likely come seeing skateboarding is not allowed downtown but just tell them you didn't know and they will be chill.

Plymouth Elementary/Highschool: The elementary school contains a few benches and thats really it. If your feeling really adventureous you can use a bike rack to climb on the roof and skate the huge bank/hip. At the highschool there are two metal benches at the enterance. I would go on the weekends,when schools out, or a night (especially if you want to go on the roof).

Hanaford Marketplace: A few manual pads and a loading dock out back. I'd go at night/weekends because it's very busy in the day and you'll get kicked out otherwise.

Plymouth Courthouse: Only place your "offically allowed" to skate. Nothing really where except a small grass gap/2 stair. I wouldn't even bother.

Shops

Rhino Bike Works: Pretty self explanitory. Hardgoods ONLY.

Food & Drink

Numerous places to eat including; Jose's Mexican, The Hong Kong Garden, Bad Dogs, The Mandarin Taste, Subway, The Lucky Dog and some shitty diners and such. Theres also Chase Street Market and Peppercorns if you just need drinks/healthy food.

Transportation

Better have a car or a buddy that has a car. There is a taxi service using mini vans but I think they're for special needs people.

Note: Plymouth sucks that's why I don't skate there anymore. If your coming to New Hampshire you just might want to skip Plymouth and go to Laconia, Meredith, Concord, Manchester, Keene, or the Portsmouth/UNH/Rye area.

"It's the 90's baby, it's hammer time!" - Cosmo Kramer

Slap Fucking Sucks Now

mikefork

« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2007, 05:30:11 PM »
haha manchester is such a small city. is there anything to skate there besides the evrizon center?
i know that right outside the city there is this native american dude that has a vert ramp

methuselah

• Rep: -4
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2007, 06:33:59 AM »
Yeah there are a few other spots around manchester, you really have to look around. those humps that dave bachinsky had the city ad with the massive tweaked ollie are right across the street from verizon. I used to see that indian dude in concord, dude ripped.
"It's the 90's baby, it's hammer time!" - Cosmo Kramer

Slap Fucking Sucks Now

mikefork

« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2007, 11:48:42 AM »
that dude was insane. some of the ramp locals were dicks but most of them were really cool. i wish i had talked to that guy more than i did because that ramp is gnar

muckles

• Rep: -29
  • RAZORSHARPCREW
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2007, 08:36:21 PM »
Orange County, California
-there are way too many spots that you can skate too list on the forum
<src img=http://forums.clubrsx.com/customavatars/avatar91928_161.gif>

mailroomstar

« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2007, 10:12:34 AM »
Burlington, VT:

Don't come here, but if you're in the area for any reason:
Shops:
Maven, cherry st:  Artsy, fashiony boutique place.  Some cool art stuff, some lame streetwear stuff.
Talent skatepark: decent shop, decent park in the rain or winter.
Spots:
Waterfront skate park-  a meetup spot where you could easily spend the whole day.  Two boxes, a pyramid, a u shaped quarterpipe, some banks and a mini.  Shitty.
Burton Bowl- at burton snowboards headquaters.  6-8 feet deep.  Hips, lines, pool coping, fun times.  There is also a smooth 3-4 foot mini next to it.
Assorted street spots, NOTHING worth mentioning or seeking out.
Bomb some of the hills in town.

Food:
New world tortilla- North Winooski.  Cheap, big burritos.
Church Street- Marketplace in the center of town.  Lots of places to eat.
The OP (other place)- north winooski.  The only bar in town worth going to.  Good crowd, cheap drinks.

Buffalo, NY

Shops:
Sunday skate/bmx: potomac ave. off of elmwood.  Probably my favorite shop.  Down to earth, good vibe, decent product selection, and the best meetup spot.

Spots:
Your best bets for spots are to meet up at sunday and tag along with some people there.  If you want to go at it alone, hop on the train and you can get off at any of the above ground spots and find ledges, stairs and gaps to skate anytime after 5ish.  The other big local spot is trackmasters.  It's a parking lot with a bunch of banks that you can grind/slide and  one that you can skate like a hip.  Take main to north street and head east a two blocks.  Across the street are some chunky cement ledges that slide pretty well but you might need some wax to grind.

There is a skatepark called xtreme wheels, but don't go.  It sucks.

Food:
Amy's place on main street in university heights is probably my favorite place to eat in town.  Cheap, greasy, delicious food.
Elmwood avenue from allen to buffalo state is full of little restaurants, coffee houses and shit like that.  Allen street has a bunch of decent bars.

Boston, MA

Shops:
True East:  Downtown crossing.  A small shop that doesn't always have the best selection, but it's in the heart of downtown and it's a great meetup spot.
Orchard:  Tremont Street in Mission Hill.  A cool shop that you can run into a lot of people sporting brown cords, half cabs and white teeshirts.

Spots:

The new england aquarium is generally hassle free.  Ledges, a manual pad and flatground.  Honestly, rather than telling you the spots I am just going to tell you to meet up with people and skate around, or just skate around with whoever you are traveling with.  Boston is super fun to just cruise around and see what you can find.  The financial district is hit or miss, but after 5 you can usually at least get a few tries in anywhere.

Food:

Qdoba- assorted locations around the city.  Great burritos.  Fresh guac daily.  Cheap.
The north end- lots of italian food here, and there are some great deals to be had.
I'm yet to find a decent bar in boston that isn't plagued with annoying kids from the 9,000 colleges there.  The Sunset cantina on comm ave is a bit pricy, but they have a great beer selection and some decent food.  If you are looking for decent, inexpensive places to drink, head away from downtown and towards brookline and allston.

Who is this? this is Alex, just moved from burlington in Sep '06

YuNg MaNo

« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2007, 09:54:56 PM »
Charlotte, NC
Shops: Black Sheep- Good skater owned skateshop near downtown; huge selection of decks(including shop decks) and shoes,but a little expensive

Spots:
Red Rails- low seven stair handrail and a low six stair handrail back to back. good for lines.

Quail Hollow- smooth seven stair with a good handrail that starts on the sixth stair.

Box Spot- Parking garage with a couple boxes and a flatbar(sometimes).

Park Road Gap- Nice size gap that everybody skates

Downtown- Lots of different spots; good to skate at night

Skateparks:
Grayson- Big concrete skatepark with a huge bowl.

Shamrock- Old metal skatepark in a bad part of town

Soul Ride- Good indoor air conditioned park.

Food: Phat Burrito- right down the street from Black Sheep; really good

hey is this john lyden by any chance? i live in charlotte too

john

• Rep: 8
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2007, 06:45:05 PM »
^no, but who are you?

keeper of the lair

« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2007, 12:06:57 PM »
Memphis

Downtown there's a weird sculpture zered b/s flipped it and wallie b's 5/0d it in vicious circle, and i think dan drehobl had a trick on it. ive never heard of anyone getting kicked out but ive never been there so idk. but its pretty big and its on main street so its pretty hard to miss if you ever come down here.

Also, theres a nine or eight stair around that several kids around here have had tricks on. but idk about any pros.

Once you take I-40 in town theres an abandoned sheriffs substation that has these mega huge banks, dropping in on them is a challenge but i ollied into them from the 14 stair you can see it on my profile pic myspace.com/jaredshort. ive also got a few frontside ollies and kickflips on them. they are too much fun but my friends bitch and moan everytime we go so i never get to skate them enough.

bartlett high school has a nine stair rail and another 8 stair on the other side of the building but i fucking hate stairs so i never skate there.

Houston skate park is in collierville behind houston high school and it is my favorite park its concrete there is no pad rules but it has no lights.

And of course "The Lair"....

Nadie

« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2007, 02:33:32 PM »
Please feel free to add to this.

San Antonio, TX

Shops:
Every shop is on the North side.

Goodtimes located on Broadway. Good skater owned shop. They have a large selection of everything. The employee's are knowledgeable and they will order items. This is my favorite shop.

Evolution located on Bandera near Helotes. Decent skater owned shop. They have a smaller selection, but it is still a pretty good shop. This is their promo video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpPgGUxX_7M

First and Ten located on Vance Jackson. I have never been. I'll update this post if I go.

Texas Asylum located on Fredericksburg. I have never been. I'll update this post if I go.

Spots:
Ask someone at a skateshop for directions. They are much more knowledgeable about spots.
There is a ditch and a manuel pad that have been featured in a few videos. Josh Kalis skates both in Mono from 2:08 to 2:17. I don't know if the spot before that is here or not. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbLLpIqN6BY Danny Gonzalez skates a bunch of San Antonio spots in Deconstruction. Both of his "enders" are here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCtXVYRx99s Edison High School has a large four stair. This local part can give you a decent idea of some of the spots. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkKByxmnSfM

Skateparks:
SA Skatepark was indoor, but it recently closed. I think all of the others are small free pad less concrete parks.
LBJ Skatepark located on Nacogdoches. Small free pad less concrete park. The park has a large bowl, a few ledges, a quarterpipe, one three stair, and a funbox. The park does not have much to offer. Here is a list of others. http://saskate.net/skateparks.html

Corpus Christi, TX

Shops:
Straight Skate located on Everhart. Decent skater owned shop with an alright selection. The owner is pretty knowledgeable and the shop carries some good brands. This is my favorite Corpus shop.

Momentum located on South Staples. Limited selection. This shop used to be MD Surf & Skate, which appealed to a less skate crowd. Not my favorite, though the place I stay when I am in Corpus is about two minutes walking distance, so I pop in every once in a while.

Benjamin's located on Airline and McArdle. Don't ever go here. I don't think it is a chain shop, but it has that same feel as Fast Foward or any other chain shop.

Spots:
Ask someone at a skateshop for directions. They are much more knowledgeable about spots. At the very end of the seawall there is  a seven stair at the American Bank Center, as well as a three stair. There is a parking lot across the street the has a decent gap to bank. There is a pretty fun ditch on the far South side across from a park near a bunch of houses. The ditch is on Cedar Pass.

Skateparks:
Corpus Christi Skatepark. This park is a free pad less concrete park located on Ocean Drive right next to Cole Park. Decent sized park that is in a centralized area. The park is mainly a bowl, though there are a few ledges and rails. The park is almost always extremely crowded due to its main location. I have never been to any of the others, but apparently this site lists them. http://www.caller2.com/skate/
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 08:46:12 AM by Nadie »

Twitch247

• Administrator
  • Rep: 18009
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2007, 02:59:36 PM »
just found this thread thought I might run something past you guys, would you be interested in like a map section with all the different spots you guys are talking about on it and shit?

jrock

« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2007, 04:01:45 PM »
that would be cool

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2007, 06:42:32 PM »
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

keeper of the lair

« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2007, 07:47:20 PM »

Nadie

• Rep: 2
  • I looked at my kingdom I was finally there
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2007, 07:23:19 PM »
Chicago:

Shop:

Uprise: 1820 N. Milwaukee ave.
 http://www.upriseskateshop.com/

the hub of skateboarding in chicago (the suburbs don't count, ha!)

Spots:

just go downtown, sundays are best, but generally after 7 is good and if you skate in the loop wait until the bike cops are off work at 11:00. Unlike say, LA (BOOOOOOOOO) you can actually skate spot to spot ( at least downtown) and or just take a train to some other neighborhood and explore.

wicker park has some spots ( the neighborhood uprise is in), Clemente high school is skater central

Transport:

the public transport, though getting more and more expensive the CTA is where it's at, and if you get a day pass, a week pass, or a month pass, avaiable at any check cashing or whatever place, it's a bargain if you take the train/bus more than twice a day.

Food:

i miss chicago food so bad

Pequad's pizza is a must, at Webster & Clybourn, the best Chicago Pizza, $5 lunch special is the best, a small ( not that small) pizza and a beer, so gooood.

Billygoats, it's downtown, it's cheap, it's on lower wacker drive (another good skate spot for the colder wetter days)

Pizza Metro, again, wicker park, another skater hub

Potbelly's, a chicago chain that makes good subs

... there is so much good food in this city

Skateparks:

Wilson: on the northside, fairly easy to get to on the train, good bowls, some street stuff, is lit up at night

31st: a great idea poorly executed but still very fun, this is on the southside, it is tough to get to by bus, it can be done, but driving recomended, not lit up at night

the new ledge park: it's in the south loop... i forget the address, but it's dope, lots of recycled plastic benches by this cool dude Dan Peterman.. it's a little south of the art institute (which used to be a great spot), the park is lit up at night.

so that's that, go to Uprise, go to Pequads, skate the ledge park until 11:00, then go skate the loop and that's a good day

CHI OR DIE!

• Rep: 2
  • I looked at my kingdom I was finally there
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2007, 07:44:03 PM »
oops, someone did chicago, well they didn't mention Pequad's

whatnot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2007, 10:39:06 PM »
There's still other cities not mentioned, come on~~
i love opening skate talk and see mbl88 mbl88 mbl88... on every thread's last post
----anonymous member

Raw!!!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
  • ackrite
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2007, 10:45:39 PM »
Someone do Victoria so I can laugh at how bad it is.

sundaybottle

• Rep: -8
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2007, 11:40:43 PM »
I seriously can't be fucked looking through the whole thread, but if you're ever in Melbourne, AUS, try to only buy your booze from a chain called 'Dan Murphys'. They sell alcohol so fucking cheap it seems unbelievable at first. Plus, one store near my house let's me skate in their massive, smooth-as, enclosed carpark without any hassles (if there are any fellow Australians on this board, don't even ask, cause NO-ONE is fucking with this spot but me - sorry, but too many fuckfaces spoil the broth).

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2007, 02:35:27 PM »
Can someone do one for Rochester, New York? I'm going there in a few weeks and don't want to be stuck skating flatground
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2007, 03:16:49 PM »
Can someone do one for Rochester, New York? I'm going there in a few weeks and don't want to be stuck skating flatground

http://www.krudco.com/

I've never been, despite living an hour from there for 19 years.  Try meeting up at krudco and going from there.

mikefork

« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2007, 08:14:53 PM »
artichoke any news on when you are moving?

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2007, 01:51:02 AM »
artichoke any news on when you are moving?

Probably within the next few weeks, but if everything falls apart (which it might) than probably sometime around September 1st.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2007, 11:14:20 PM »
Someone do atlanta please.

If it is that difficult for you to find spots and food in Atlanta, get out.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

the ragamuffin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 49
« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2007, 09:42:55 AM »
just found this thread thought I might run something past you guys, would you be interested in like a map section with all the different spots you guys are talking about on it and shit?
ummmmmmm, yes.