Author Topic: Your city  (Read 206839 times)

Diesel

Re: Your city
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »
Brickkkkkkkk City is where I get down kid.

sushishane

« Reply #151 on: November 05, 2007, 09:10:16 AM »
Where I live you wouldn't want to skate there but it the suburd of philadelphia. Lansdowne,PA is boring but you have to find things to skate so it o.k.

whatnot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2007, 07:30:46 PM »
I was in Hong Kong last month, and from what I observed, there's not much skaters on the street. And no one wearing skating-brand clothing either. Or was I just in the wrong neighborhood??
i love opening skate talk and see mbl88 mbl88 mbl88... on every thread's last post
----anonymous member

MattG

• Rep: -2
« Reply #153 on: November 10, 2007, 08:00:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Someone do Victoria so I can laugh at how bad it is.
[close]

ok here it is

victoria:

Shop:

one six: by gordo sucks balls but they have a ramp you can skate if you pay and get you parents to sign your life away.

360:  It is down town but a bunch of jocks work there and if you are going to buy shit there you might as well go to sports traders down the street

hto: A surf/snowboard/swim shit store with some skate stuff gay staff exept for one dude. its on broad which is d-town

coastline: same as hto but gayer people and more expensive shit down the street from hto next to a gay club.

Spots:

just go downtown, there is a 9 rail on a roof, a 6 stair you can do lines at and some curbs

uvic has some spots but no one will want to go there and the ground is shit

Transport:

the public transport bus evey where unless you have a car

food

second slice pizza is the only place that people go to other than mc-dicks

Skateparks:

gordo: fun if you like smoking weed and skateing a flat bar in the heat all day. every one there smokes but there is some other stuff to skate like some banks

vic west: a good park if you can handle people high on hard drugs. some rails, hips ledges and a bowl

minus the threesixty quote everythings prety much true.
If you get inspired to skate a certain way, how concerned are you with its popularity or acceptability within the skate world
I thought skating was popular and acceptable in the skate world. Maybe I didn't get that press release.

MJ

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #154 on: November 10, 2007, 08:38:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ok here it is

victoria:

Shop:

one six: by gordo sucks balls but they have a ramp you can skate if you pay and get you parents to sign your life away.

360:  It is down town but a bunch of jocks work there and if you are going to buy shit there you might as well go to sports traders down the street

hto: A surf/snowboard/swim shit store with some skate stuff gay staff exept for one dude. its on broad which is d-town

coastline: same as hto but gayer people and more expensive shit down the street from hto next to a gay club.

Spots:

just go downtown, there is a 9 rail on a roof, a 6 stair you can do lines at and some curbs

Transport:

food

Skateparks:

gordo: fun if you like smoking weed and skateing a flat bar in the heat all day. every one there smokes but there is some other stuff to skate like some banks

vic west: a good park if you can handle people high on hard drugs. some rails, hips ledges and a bowl
id say currently its like this

threesixty- definetly is jockish by ownership and staff, but has turned around quite abit since i took over skate there. our team is huge and we have some of the best in vic, not including the HTO guys cause each and every one of them is fuckin gnar.
team
tod myers
drew copleston
steve strange
zach barton
pierce mckay
little lucas

hto- really gay in essence but also has two very legit skate nerds behind the wheel of the skate program, danny and bryn. there team definetly consists of some of the best skaters in vic.

one six- although they carry bikes one six is run by two very chill dudes which im proud to call friends, nick and dave. they are the only shop owners in vic that shred and let me tell you they shred fuckin good. really small due to starvation from canadian distribution, but definetly have been doing alot better lately. one six is also behind alot of the skateboard programs that exist in victoria and have done alot for the local scene.

coastline- in my eyes coastline is the worst and fakest shop in town at the moment. not a single person there skates and every single one of the staff is a complete kook. they hold the only nike sb and adidas skateboarding accounts in vic but only because they were a westbeach before they changed the name to coastline. there team as i know is only court watt, who fuckin rips and is a dope guy in general.

sitka- sitka is a shady surf shop thats main demographic is poser college kids that flock to buy there played out cheaply made overseas garments in droves. both of the owners have quite a bit of controversy floating around them for some crazy overseas scame they pulled plugging there brand in canada.there team is really good but the majority of the guys who ride for the shop hate it and would rather be on a different shop. the majority of them drink alot aswell and dont really skate often, but when they do are quite good.

Raw!!!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
  • ackrite
« Reply #155 on: November 10, 2007, 10:26:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

ok here it is

victoria:

Shop:

Spots:

Transport:

food

Skateparks:

[close]
id say currently its like this

threesixty- definetly is jockish by ownership and staff, but has turned around quite abit since i took over skate there. our team is huge and we have some of the best in vic, not including the HTO guys cause each and every one of them is fuckin gnar.
team
tod myers
drew copleston
steve strange
zach barton
pierce mckay
little lucas

hto- really gay in essence but also has two very legit skate nerds behind the wheel of the skate program, danny and bryn. there team definetly consists of some of the best skaters in vic.

one six- although they carry bikes one six is run by two very chill dudes which im proud to call friends, nick and dave. they are the only shop owners in vic that shred and let me tell you they shred fuckin good. really small due to starvation from canadian distribution, but definetly have been doing alot better lately. one six is also behind alot of the skateboard programs that exist in victoria and have done alot for the local scene.

coastline- in my eyes coastline is the worst and fakest shop in town at the moment. not a single person there skates and every single one of the staff is a complete kook. they hold the only nike sb and adidas skateboarding accounts in vic but only because they were a westbeach before they changed the name to coastline. there team as i know is only court watt, who fuckin rips and is a dope guy in general.

sitka- sitka is a shady surf shop thats main demographic is poser college kids that flock to buy there played out cheaply made overseas garments in droves. both of the owners have quite a bit of controversy floating around them for some crazy overseas scame they pulled plugging there brand in canada.there team is really good but the majority of the guys who ride for the shop hate it and would rather be on a different shop. the majority of them drink alot aswell and dont really skate often, but when they do are quite good.

And the only good place to eat at all is Frank's Honey Buns, fuck everything else.

Warren

• Rep: 16
  • dog paparazzi
« Reply #156 on: November 10, 2007, 10:41:46 PM »
I only shop at 1056, down to earth bros.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #157 on: November 11, 2007, 12:16:03 PM »
I only shop at 1056, down to earth bros.
gnard.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #158 on: November 11, 2007, 12:17:43 PM »
oh i forgot, matt g is on our team now.

MattG

« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2007, 02:17:39 PM »
oh i forgot, matt g is on our team now.
yea u douche. forget about me much. Im heart broken. Life goes on i guess.
If you get inspired to skate a certain way, how concerned are you with its popularity or acceptability within the skate world
I thought skating was popular and acceptable in the skate world. Maybe I didn't get that press release.

MJ

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #160 on: November 13, 2007, 12:53:00 AM »
How vibey is Vic West?
Going to UVic right now,opted out and have just been skating that shitty park that's closer by.
Heard kinda mixed things, homie from Calgary said it's the sickest, but other people have said some less than positive things. Just kinda want to know what to expect I guess, and that hard drugs comment kinda weirds me out.

NCLOVE

• Rep: -19
    • Blacksheep avatar image
« Reply #161 on: November 13, 2007, 03:59:22 PM »
Gastonia, North Carolina

Shops: Side Project. Decent little park in the shop, a few types of clothes, boards and shoes. Not a lot of stuff though

Spots: Shit besides Griers 12. I guess you could go to belmont though, they have some gaps and shit. But really nothing good in Gastonia to skate.

Charlotte, NC

Shops: Blacksheep is the best one really. Shit load of shoes and boards. A bunch of clothes that are nice, but expensive. Good shop decks though.

Spots: Some cool spots on South BLVD. Banks, Polejams, slant docks. Haven't really been anywhere else. Downtown is pretty much nobbed to the fullest.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 04:03:29 PM by NCLOVE »
What's next?
I can see it now.  Head line of CNN

"Birdman finds cure for cancer."

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: November 13, 2007, 07:27:26 PM »
How vibey is Vic West?
Going to UVic right now,opted out and have just been skating that shitty park that's closer by.
Heard kinda mixed things, homie from Calgary said it's the sickest, but other people have said some less than positive things. Just kinda want to know what to expect I guess, and that hard drugs comment kinda weirds me out.

well andrew 8)vic west is gnarly as fuck sometimes, but if you shred and arent afraid of club and or knife wielding twelve year olds its not that bad. naw its really not that bad, fuckin really great layout . that park thats close to uvic is gordo, shit layout but the best vibes in town. gordo can be alot of fun if you get creative. dont be a puss, go skate vicwest.

MEOW

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
    • Stardust Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #163 on: November 13, 2007, 10:05:22 PM »

Spots: Some cool spots on South BLVD. Banks, Polejams, slant docks. Haven't really been anywhere else. Downtown is pretty much nobbed to the fullest.

downtowns got tons of shit to skate, half the skatestoppers dont even fully skatestop stuff. and driving around charlotte you can find just about anything youd ever want to skate.. when i first moved here i got lost on purpose just to find spots, and it worked every time.

NCLOVE

• Rep: -19
    • Blacksheep avatar image
« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2007, 04:09:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

downtowns got tons of shit to skate, half the skatestoppers dont even fully skatestop stuff. and driving around charlotte you can find just about anything youd ever want to skate.. when i first moved here i got lost on purpose just to find spots, and it worked every time.

I was really talking about the ledges and hubbas. Like the ones near the little fountain thing. Those aren't skateable at all. And there are some hubbas near some high dollar reastruant that have been knobbed as well. But other than that, they have a shit load of manny pads and gaps. But seriously, there aren't as many ledges as there used to be.
What's next?
I can see it now.  Head line of CNN

"Birdman finds cure for cancer."

somekid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2007, 01:53:57 AM »
Expand Quote
just found this thread thought I might run something past you guys, would you be interested in like a map section with all the different spots you guys are talking about on it and shit?
[close]
ummmmmmm, yes.
is it done yet?

Farger

« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2007, 09:08:44 AM »
Could someone do Carlsbad?

somekid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #167 on: November 22, 2007, 04:55:48 PM »
the skatepark sucks, there's some hills and miniramps, and you'll get kicked out of just about any spot within 2 minutes.

you can just copy and paste this for about 80% of california.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2007, 08:30:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I was really talking about the ledges and hubbas. Like the ones near the little fountain thing. Those aren't skateable at all. And there are some hubbas near some high dollar reastruant that have been knobbed as well. But other than that, they have a shit load of manny pads and gaps. But seriously, there aren't as many ledges as there used to be.

I got to skate Duke Power extensively in the 90's and it was the best.

skatebored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2007, 06:37:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I got to skate Duke Power extensively in the 90's and it was the best.

yeah I heard the tiny banks out front used to be chest high...that sounds sick!

charlotte rules, as much as we all complain, none of us are leaving.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2007, 07:04:14 PM »
There would be so many people there on the weekends.  Huge gaps around the corner.  Everybody wore DC's.  We used to come down from Boone and just go wild.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1890
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2007, 11:04:57 AM »
Gastonia, North Carolina

Shops: Side Project. Decent little park in the shop, a few types of clothes, boards and shoes. Not a lot of stuff though

Spots: Shit besides Griers 12. I guess you could go to belmont though, they have some gaps and shit. But really nothing good in Gastonia to skate.

Charlotte, NC

Shops: Blacksheep is the best one really. Shit load of shoes and boards. A bunch of clothes that are nice, but expensive. Good shop decks though.

wow thats one nice looking shop board....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1890
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2007, 11:06:48 AM »
I dont know if anyone of you will visit Taipei in the future.

But our version of EMB had gone, Chung Sheng Plaza got knobbed. Not really knobbed though, they put several green carpets on the staircases and other obstacles, it is still skateable, but not that fun as before.

Maybe you guys want to know.

thanks for the heads up, i was planning on going there sometime next year around winter time to skate....  i love that place... great food, hot girls, excellent weather....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Claude

• Rep: 15
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2007, 05:54:43 PM »
Expand Quote
How vibey is Vic West?
[close]

well andrew 8)vic west is gnarly as fuck sometimes, but if you shred and arent afraid of club and or knife wielding twelve year olds its not that bad. naw its really not that bad, fuckin really great layout . that park thats close to uvic is gordo, shit layout but the best vibes in town. gordo can be alot of fun if you get creative. dont be a puss, go skate vicwest.

Vicwest is fucking hilarious and has really good ledges and shit. Gordo is the tightest park in town besides the oak bay one. Best place to eat is fucking naanwich I used to live down the street from there and would hook that shit so much.

Claude

• Rep: 15
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2007, 06:03:50 PM »
CALGARY CANADA

spots
MILLS!

Fuck yea! we got da Millz!!!! Throw up that M sign!

Larry Perkins

• Rep: 12
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2007, 07:08:41 PM »
Expand Quote
CALGARY CANADA

spots
MILLS!
[close]

Fuck yea! we got da Millz!!!! Throw up that M sign!
"No fightin' here man, dun chu know millz iz chillz boyz, millz iz chillz"

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2007, 03:03:38 PM »
Could someone do Carlsbad?
Yeah... I'd be interested to see what spots come up in Carlsbad.

ReidVaeth

• Rep: -180
  • i'm here.
« Reply #177 on: December 17, 2007, 03:40:26 PM »
pomona california.

spots:
this is one city that has yet to have been ravaged in socal so unfortuintley theres a lot of unskated spots that ive skated that get sandblasted and i really dont want to give them out, howevee if you happene to stop buy i will be more than willing to play tour guide.

eats:
pomona has a heavy mexican population so there are tons of good mexican eats, my favorites inclue:

mexico lindo-right off garey and 11th. if you come here strictly stick to the asada.

tacos jalisco-on mission a stones throw away from downtown. this place everything on the menu is perfect, dont be afaraid to try anything unless you are afraid to have a heart attack cause this food is mad greasy.

el merindero-this is the definate nacho spot, im talking about real nachos.

shops:
pomona has a variety of shops and places to run through to look and spend money.

platform skateshop-recently opened shop trying to do thinsg right, unfortinatley the last few times ive gone back they havnt stoked what ive wanted/needed so was forced to buy stuff i really didnt want, but ill be in there in about a half hour to talk about those new carroll selects, maybe this time theyll get something right.

globe/radiofutura- globe is this kind of hip hop/grafiti place where you can find all kinds of shirts, pens, hats etc and right nextdoor is this dj shop where they got all sorts of vinyl that your average turntablist might desire.

antique row-  antique row is this block on second street that used to be refered to as the pomona mall. since then all the stores that used to be macys and nordstroms are all antique shops. and honestly youll never know what you are gunna find. the best ones are the two storie shops and  most have basements. antique row is a great way to kill two hours.

analog haven- i dunno hwo many people are into synths, moogs etc but this is the place to be. they let you test the equipment and kind of let you louge around.

la bomba-wall to wall vintage clothing. think of it as a thrift store with jacked up prices.

hang outs:

donwtown-2nds street, downtown, whatever you wanna call it this reall the only place where the hang outs are. theres a venue downtown called the glasshouse that generally has good shows(has been lacking recently but is on its way to make an up again). every second saturday is art walk where the local artist show off there goods. chat with snobs drink some wine and just enjoy your self. theres tons of gallaries etc. anywhere outside of downtown is generally dead and youll have to head into L.A. for the night life. take the 10 or 60 west for about half an hour.

hopefully this will be helpful to you if you ever enter the city. if you intend on coming out here just pm me and id be more then happy to shred/show you around.

fuck pomona.no offence to you or your family or anything.but my brother died at the auto-lodge in pomona.
jammage.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #178 on: December 17, 2007, 05:55:42 PM »
Tacoma,  WA

pretty cool place. 200,000 population, residential area, oldtown, downtown, suburbs, all within a relatively close range of eachother.

It's sorta like ea skate, with much less epic spots.

Frank Zappa mentioned it in a song called "Jewish Princess", comparing the smell to a garlic-pussy
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2007, 08:11:25 AM »
i heard on sundays the downtown is pretty much dead and super good to skate....