Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765556 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
New Balance # containment thread
« on: January 25, 2016, 04:07:45 PM »
So the shoes are now actually made by NB now, so they're not shitty anymore. Good that black box let go, you can see the quality in the rev-lites and grip patterns. Benson always liked them in his tactics reviews too.

Thinking of ordering the white blue arrto Quincy... Should I order my normal size? Are they good shoes? The black box used to fit small as fuck until Jamie Thomas fucked off.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 06:35:24 PM »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 08:04:27 PM »
So the shoes are now actually made by NB now, so they're not shitty anymore. Good that black box let go, you can see the quality in the rev-lites and grip patterns. Benson always liked them in his tactics reviews too.

Thinking of ordering the white blue arrto Quincy... Should I order my normal size? Are they good shoes? The black box used to fit small as fuck until Jamie Thomas fucked off.

True Size. Good shoes, yes!
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 10:54:05 PM »
NB is actually a pretty sick brand. Based in Boston privately owned, still make some shoes in the US & UK. They were also the first shoe company to ever use insoles. Some pretty rad stuff.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 11:38:47 PM »
NB is actually a pretty sick brand. Based in Boston privately owned, still make some shoes in the US & UK. They were also the first shoe company to ever use insoles. Some pretty rad stuff.

Indeed! Don't think they are big enough to have their own containment thread yet though...

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 04:29:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Indeed! Don't think they are big enough to have their own containment thread yet though...

Tracer has obviously spoken. We now have a containment thread. Mods please pin...
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 12:48:21 PM »
fuck only if they were made in the USA, that would be a dream come true

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 12:50:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would put the designs and team head to head with Adidas. Only a matter of time before the N is more than a cult favorite

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 01:14:29 PM »

I could see that happening, price will be high. But should be great quality if made in the USA. Great examples are 997 and 998 models.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 02:22:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I could see that happening, price will be high. But should be great quality if made in the USA. Great examples are 997 and 998 models.

I've got a pair of 574s made in the usa which i love. I've never really liked the look of any of the # shoes, but ill definitely give them a shot.

coneklr

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 02:24:04 PM »
I'm not sure why this shoe never came out in mass numbers, imo one of the best looking skate shoes to ever come out ( looking, haven't skated it so I can't speak to performance )

IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 03:15:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

All of the 990 models are I believe. Basically, just the really high end, motion control runners are assembled in the U.S. save for a couple of old man walkers. Incidentally, I managed a new balance store for 4 years (quit about 2 years ago) and we sold hundreds of those walkers per week (did really well with the 990, 997, 998, and 576s, but it wasn't even close), so much so that I would hazard to guess that those walkers make up a big portion of the 60-70% of their shoes made in the U.S. (I admit, that's just speculation). Most of New Balance's customer base is over the age of 40, and the shoes that do sell to the younger folks are the Chinese/Vietnam made retro, minimalist or neutral shoes. Obviously, most skate shoes are sold to young people, so despite a U.S. skate shoe being incredible (and something I would support from the get go), it just wouldn't be practical for them as a company. New Balance has had the same 5 factories producing the same handfuls of U.S. made models (and updates of those models) forever, but if somehow they start making one or 2 or the numeric styles at one of those factories, I'll be on that.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 05:16:42 PM »
fuck only if they were made in the USA (with more vegan options), that would be a dream come true

NB# should really start reading slap. Niche markets for sure but could give them the edge they need

McJagger

• Rep: 1
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 05:20:28 PM »
I'm not sure why this shoe never came out in mass numbers, imo one of the best looking skate shoes to ever come out ( looking, haven't skated it so I can't speak to performance )

Those! So nice!

pootysnacks

• Rep: -8
  • HI
    • SATANSWEINER avatar image
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 06:04:12 PM »
Expand Quote
fuck only if they were made in the USA (with more vegan options), that would be a dream come true
[close]

NB# should really start reading slap. Niche markets for sure but could give them the edge they need

if they do made in usa the shoes will be like 200$ though

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2016, 06:10:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If you build it, they will come!
Not saying it has to be their whole lineup, just do a few limited models...

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 07:44:34 AM »
the all grey nb 990 and 993 are a frat boy staple

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2016, 08:31:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

If you build it, they will come!
Not saying it has to be their whole lineup, just do a few limited models...

I think Ripped Laces did a good article on this the other week... it's just not really feasible for a skate shoe unless you want it to be bought up for snearkerheads, which is not what they are trying to achieve.

Also, why am I commenting in a tracer started thread  ???

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2016, 08:38:06 AM »

I have a pair of the Quincys. They are sized correctly and they were good to go right out of the box. They don't offer a lot of protection but are super skateable. The sole lasts longer than vans waffle but the upper gets blown out and loses structure somewhat quickly.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2016, 11:55:16 AM »
the all grey nb 990 and 993 are a frat boy staple

Tracer

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2016, 06:16:42 PM »
On the regular website now, NB also started doing soccer so they're desperate to look younger and not old people focused. Bubblegum get those guys to make a shoe in EE width   ;D

http://www.newbalance.com/men/featured/nb-numeric/

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2016, 06:24:39 PM »
The new Arto shoe looks amazing.

The Logan 637 is still my favorite shoe in the entire line and I have skated literally every shoe they've made, with the exception of the new Arto. Despite the 637 being the least aesthetically pleasing it skates phenomenally. A little stiff on first skate but breaks in quickly. Heel lock is an absolute vice. It's just a really well made shoe.

Also a big fan of the Allston. IMO it fits and skates similar to the Logan but with a little less padding in the shoe. It's a really narrow shoe and tight to the foot, which I love.

Coneklr - those brown Brighton Mids you grabbed from Premier were a one time run in that color. So bummed I missed out on that color.

Not sure why NB# went with so many gum soles in the new catalog. Someone there in the design department obviously loves gum sole.

Xtal

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2016, 07:07:23 PM »
NB# is the worst of all. I'd wear D3s before I ever put those fuckin grandpa shoes on my feet.

Tracer

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2016, 07:14:05 PM »
NB# is the worst of all. I'd wear D3s before I ever put those fuckin grandpa shoes on my feet.
Narrow minded post, they're just skate shoes bruh no need to get heated

Xtal

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2016, 07:22:21 PM »
They're seriously so ugly lol. It's like the N screams, "durrrrr I'm special!" All they need are some velcro straps lol.

Tracer

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2016, 07:25:55 PM »
They're seriously so ugly lol. It's like the N screams, "durrrrr I'm special!" All they need are some velcro straps lol.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2016, 07:48:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuck dude, even Tracer is schooling you in this thread :D

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2016, 10:10:25 PM »
On the regular website now, NB also started doing soccer so they're desperate to look younger and not old people focused. Bubblegum get those guys to make a shoe in EE width   ;D

http://www.newbalance.com/men/featured/nb-numeric/

I only fucks with the medium width.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2016, 11:27:10 PM »
The stratford 533 was easily the best shoe i had last year... to bad they're so damn expensive