Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765752 times)

chillclinton87

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2016, 08:00:02 AM »
Expand Quote
they produce the 576 and the 670 in UK and prices starts at 125� - its quit a lot
but i would pay that for a shoe made in UK under fair conditions.

the weak point is the whole skate line isn't distributed in europe - only in UK.
Visited Slam City once the only shop in London who sell the Numeric line - and he
had just 1 pair in my size.

so nearly impossible to get that shoes if you are from the EU.
strange to me  - because NB is everywhere - they run Flagshipstores in Berlin,
but no Numeric.

[close]

THIS! Fuck, i want to be able to actually try their stuff. Adidas too, i only find a few selected models at adidas flagship stores, never seen a pair of Adidas Skate in a skateshop in PT.

from what i heard summer 2017 for europe but not before! maybe snag a pair when i am in london in july!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2016, 03:47:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
they produce the 576 and the 670 in UK and prices starts at 125� - its quit a lot
but i would pay that for a shoe made in UK under fair conditions.

the weak point is the whole skate line isn't distributed in europe - only in UK.
Visited Slam City once the only shop in London who sell the Numeric line - and he
had just 1 pair in my size.

so nearly impossible to get that shoes if you are from the EU.
strange to me  - because NB is everywhere - they run Flagshipstores in Berlin,
but no Numeric.

[close]

THIS! Fuck, i want to be able to actually try their stuff. Adidas too, i only find a few selected models at adidas flagship stores, never seen a pair of Adidas Skate in a skateshop in PT.
[close]

from what i heard summer 2017 for europe but not before! maybe snag a pair when i am in london in july!

Found a great deal and got some Logan 636 coming from the UK for only 41 euros shipped. Got my true size, hope they fit fine. (If anybody has a pair and could give some feedback would be really appreciated)
I've been getting to many shoes on this last few months but I cant stop buying them since I always find great deals, this is why I am always broke. Valentine's day coming too, i'm soo fucked ahaha

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2016, 09:19:30 PM »
Down to my last NB# 533, going to lace them up now to skate them next. Time to hit up NB# and get a refill on my current favorite skate shoe.

Wouldn't be mad if I could only skate these my entire skate life, they should offer it on the NB custom program, like Nike iD.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2016, 01:05:17 PM »
On a side note.  Never skated NB#, but I got some NB gear on the cheap from that Excess Hype sale.  It's great.  I bought two pairs of sweat pants and two crew neck sweat shirts.  Super high quality, great fit.  I hope everyone else stocked up.   

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2016, 02:00:58 PM »
NB Arto ad up there ^

Too bad they used the brown/ gum colorway... The Black ones and Blue ones look fresh

chumlee

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2016, 08:06:34 AM »
I had the original logan when it first came out and had to go a full size up...should i do the same for the 636?  I hover between 12 and 13 so half sizes aren't really an option

sports

• Rep: 21
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2016, 09:48:06 AM »
i do at least a half size up in all their cup models, if you did full size up before then that probably your best bet

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2016, 07:03:32 PM »
Thanks to NB# on sending some 533 samples and production pairs on what I think (in my opinion) the best cupsole available on the market today.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2016, 07:55:56 PM »
Expand Quote
NB# tweaked the Logan 636 with this new drop. They definitely take their team's feedback seriously and make design tweaks for a better shoe, no matter how small or subtle. These guys are bringing it.

I bought the gray pair (bottom) this week and as soon as I put them on my feet I thought they were one of the best fitting skate shoes I've ever put on my feet. I have no reason to bullshit. I don't work for NB and not participating in their weartest program. These new 636 definitely felt different than the last run (top). If you look closer, they made a few subtle design tweaks. For starters they added an eyelet in the lace row. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but creates more stability and locks your foot in even more. Also that middle panel looks like it goes more vertical, and the stitching near the ollie area seems to gradually sweep further back.

Doesn't seem like much but there is zero negative/empty space in the fit of the shoe. One other thing I've always been a fan of with NB# shoes...that very top eyelet that's sort of offset from the lace row...I use that for extra heel lock.

The only downside to the new run is that it looks like they've switched out the old insole (right/yellow) for a cheaper/thinner insole (left/orange).

[close]

that color way on the top looks good as shit. might have to pick them up after i skate these two pairs of era pros i got for a deal haha
Those honestly look like the old man NB shoes. Aside from that they look skateable, but goddamn they are hideaos on all fronts.

^^^ Those PJS all look dope, the yellow logo is great
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 09:04:57 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2016, 09:20:29 PM »
Those honestly look like the old man NB shoes.

Then you obviously have no idea what old man NB shoes look like; there's a difference between their classic/ retro models and their models meant for people in retirement homes

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

sports

• Rep: 21
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2016, 03:04:59 PM »
a quick review of the 868 if anyone was interested:

feel most similar to 533, but broke in a little faster. the difference in sole height between heel and forefoot is a little more noticeable (a la busentiz og), but i imagine it'd be literally impossible to get a heel bruise in these. better boardfeel than I was expecting, nice padded upper with a snug fit. the pair I skated had a synthetic upper which still had decent flick, still prefer suede though.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2016, 10:00:42 PM »
Skated these for maybe 2.5-3 weeks. Amazing. These served me well.

Time for a new 533. Maybe the black/gum next.

rip louis b.k.

• Rep: 15
  • im fadies
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2016, 06:24:16 AM »
Skated these for maybe 2.5-3 weeks. Amazing. These served me well.

Time for a new 533. Maybe the black/gum next.

Need these in a mid/high top, idk if it would look good but I wanna skate these so bad

jayrolla420

• Rep: -4
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2016, 07:45:01 PM »
Width on the Artos is perfect for the wide-footed.  Always buy 10s and struggle for a few weeks for the width to stretch out a bit in shoes.  Artos perfect fit out the box.  If they skate as well as i imagine they will, i may have a new favorite.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2016, 02:37:04 PM »

ungzilla

« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2016, 03:10:34 PM »
Picked up a pair of the white and black 617s I saw on-sale. They are super comfy. I went a half size up (10.5), and their still slightly smaller than Size 10 Blazers. Great heel lock even when loose though. Looking forward to skating them. Sole is super stiff, probably gonna need to walk around in them for a week or two before skating.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2016, 05:03:44 PM »
Got an email about another Weartest. Should receive the shoes in about a week. Hopefully they send me my right size this time. Excited to try a new pair out. For those that have asked, it took around 4-6 months to be accepted for the first weartest and it has been maybe 3-4 months since then to get a second pair. Sign up online and be patient.

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #77 on: February 29, 2016, 04:59:26 AM »
Got an email about another Weartest. Should receive the shoes in about a week. Hopefully they send me my right size this time. Excited to try a new pair out. For those that have asked, it took around 4-6 months to be accepted for the first weartest and it has been maybe 3-4 months since then to get a second pair. Sign up online and be patient.
Did you have to return the shoes after "testing" them?

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2016, 06:41:09 AM »
Did you have to return the shoes after "testing" them?

Yes

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2016, 01:48:45 PM »
Nice dog, Deepern0ah.

About to lace up my like 10th pair of 533's.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2016, 09:45:42 AM »
Got my weartest shoes in. NB# 868. More of a sporty tech shoe than I am used to but should be fun to test out. They fit my wider foot great. Very comfortable and padded. Still a snug fit around the foot with the tongue centering straps. Insole feels great. They have a new C-cap part of the sole on the back. and Fantom Tape that I'm assuming is similar in purpose to fly wire. Pretty breathable thus far. Plenty of perforations around the toe and a woven mesh type side. Ill post more as I break them in and down within the next month.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2016, 06:31:53 AM »
Got my weartest shoes in. NB# 868. More of a sporty tech shoe than I am used to but should be fun to test out. They fit my wider foot great. Very comfortable and padded. Still a snug fit around the foot with the tongue centering straps. Insole feels great. They have a new C-cap part of the sole on the back. and Fantom Tape that I'm assuming is similar in purpose to fly wire. Pretty breathable thus far. Plenty of perforations around the toe and a woven mesh type side. Ill post more as I break them in and down within the next month.

I had these last month, super dope. Got some 533s now and they're pretty great but IMO not as cool looking as the 868

coneklr

« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2016, 12:45:23 PM »
Is there any arch support in the Arto's, like even a little bump say compared to a Busenitz pro.  I'd love to try a pair but after swapping back to just these, I'm hesitant to spend more money on shoes I like but don't love, but would love to give Arto some $.  I'm gonna really just have to buy some really good insoles that are made to my specs just so I can buy any shoe and they will always feel great

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2016, 01:28:03 PM »
They really need to get the Artos on sale in Finland. I'd love to get the white ones.

I used to have the first Arto pro model shoe (on eS I think it was) and I fucking loved that shoe. Best skate shoe I've had. Good looking and durable.

Also Arto is da man, even though I guess I'm biased, being Finnish. But he does seem like a nice chap and is a brilliant skater.

Also a tiny tidbit for everyone who doesn't call Finland regularly: 358 is the country code for Finland. The number you put in front of the phone number to call here from abroad.

coneklr

« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2016, 12:39:26 PM »
Has anyone skated the Arto's?  Thoughts on them if so?  Any arch support?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2016, 10:32:24 PM »
These two will enter service tomorrow, can't wait.

Best of the best.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2016, 01:01:18 AM »
so i know this question has been asked and answerd here many times, but do the NB pj stratfords fit true to size?

i am a bit weirded out by the size chart due to being in europe and i could maybe order a pair in the uk.

i am true to size in us size 8 in accel slims and the es swifts too. same with herman g6 cup and leo laceds.

so should i get them true to size in us size?

the reason i ask is cause us 8 in most shoes is eur 41, but in es sizing us 8 is 40,5, same as in dc shoes.

thank you guys in advance!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2016, 01:38:57 AM »
so i know this question has been asked and answerd here many times, but do the NB pj stratfords fit true to size?

i am a bit weirded out by the size chart due to being in europe and i could maybe order a pair in the uk.

i am true to size in us size 8 in accel slims and the es swifts too. same with herman g6 cup and leo laceds.

the reason i ask is cause us 8 in most shoes is eur 41, but in es sizing us 8 is 40,5, same as in dc shoes.

Dont do that! I fucked up ordering some that way...
Go to the size chart and see what is the us/UK size that matches the 41eu. The problem is solved if you always look at the cm's of the shoes and not the sizes. I think yours is 26cm right?

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2016, 05:37:16 AM »
I'm not sure why this shoe never came out in mass numbers, imo one of the best looking skate shoes to ever come out ( looking, haven't skated it so I can't speak to performance )

I could also wear these to work and the boss would be like 'pretty nice shoes'.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2016, 11:15:40 AM »

Yeah, go true to size. The newer ones fit are more true.