Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765596 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #210 on: September 30, 2016, 12:53:07 PM »
what's your relationship with New Balance Tate?

Fortunate to know one of the guys that run the NB# program, and one of the shoe designers.

Send me sample/retail shoes to skate for feedback, etc..

I only skate cupsole, so pretty much skated all their cup models, especially my fav, the 533! Holds up well and takes a while for me to the rip the toe box, since I do a shit ton of kickflip.

If you have question for their cupsoles, let me know.  :)
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #211 on: October 05, 2016, 11:07:38 AM »

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #212 on: October 05, 2016, 01:28:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fortunate to know one of the guys that run the NB# program, and one of the shoe designers.

I only skate cupsole, so pretty much skated all their cup models, especially my fav, the 533! Holds up well and takes a while for me to the rip the toe box, since I do a shit ton of kickflip.

Is the designer here in the Bay or they based somewhere else?
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #213 on: October 05, 2016, 01:37:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Isnt it minigreek?

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #214 on: October 05, 2016, 01:46:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Isnt it minigreek?

Yeah.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

NB# is in Long Beach.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

OldManSkate

• Rep: -3
« Reply #215 on: October 06, 2016, 09:55:09 AM »
How do 533's fit? I've heard a bunch of different answers like size up .5 and some say size up by 1...are they really that narrow? I prefer something that fits like Project BAs since I have wide feet.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #216 on: October 06, 2016, 12:52:24 PM »
How do 533's fit? I've heard a bunch of different answers like size up .5 and some say size up by 1...are they really that narrow? I prefer something that fits like Project BAs since I have wide feet.

If you have wide feet, you have to go .5 or full size up. Sometimes the size 9 is tight, but will stretch out as you break them in.

Gotta go up .5 or up 1 if you have wide feet, since the toe box shape/area is narrow.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #217 on: October 06, 2016, 02:28:12 PM »
I go with my usual size in the 533...but yea, I like my shoes snug, so I could see how someone would like to go .5 size up. 
hardly art, hardly starving

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #218 on: October 06, 2016, 02:50:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you have wide feet, you have to go .5 or full size up. Sometimes the size 9 is tight, but will stretch out as you break them in.

Gotta go up .5 or up 1 if you have wide feet, since the toe box shape/area is narrow.
Hey Tate, start pressing NB# for a wide model shoe. They lied to me

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #219 on: October 06, 2016, 03:02:50 PM »
I skated the 533s before they became the PJ shoe... any chance the sole softened up a little bit in those changes?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #220 on: October 06, 2016, 05:54:27 PM »
I go with my usual size in the 533...but yea, I like my shoes snug, so I could see how someone would like to go .5 size up.  

This. I don't size up at all for the 533.

That said, I can't even skate the 533 anymore bc I don't like the way it fits. To me they actually feel too wide. Which contradicts a lot of information in this thread. There is some negative space/slop around the midfoot. I wrench down the laces, and the suede ripples.  I like shoes really snug and close to my foot. The Logan 637 and the Allston 617 are the only two NB# shoes I can/do skate because of the fit. The Logan 637 is super ugly but it's always been my favorite in the entire NB# catalog. I wonder how long they'll be able to produce it bc I am sure it doesn't sell very well at it's price.

The Allston is just a beautifully made skate shoe. Not to go all shoe geeky, but NB# put a lot of thought into it. I'll skate the shit out of it as long as NB makes it.

sports

• Rep: 21
« Reply #221 on: October 06, 2016, 06:45:22 PM »
I skated the 533s before they became the PJ shoe... any chance the sole softened up a little bit in those changes?

It got slightly softer / more flexible, but not by a huge amount. The cupsole mold they put on the 598 and new allston models is much more flexible in the forefoot without getting floppy or anything. A nice balance if the 533 wasn't enough boardfeel for ya. Sole on the logan seems to be the stiffest in my experience.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #222 on: October 06, 2016, 06:55:45 PM »
What are the top 3 NB models as far as sole (heel esp.) cushioning goes? 868 on top?

Do they all have removable insoles as well?

jpmulls

• Rep: 6
« Reply #223 on: October 06, 2016, 09:05:36 PM »
Got a question for those who take part in the weartest program. Do you get bombarded with emails about your test being over? I sent my pair back about a month ago, but I get an email everyday about the test being over and I'm worried my shoes didn't make it to the right location.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #224 on: October 07, 2016, 01:28:36 AM »
What are the top 3 NB models as far as sole (heel esp.) cushioning goes? 868 on top?

Do they all have removable insoles as well?

well i only had one pair of the NB# so far- the 868 and i can tell you that the cushioning is top level. i used to skate thin/ vulc shoes a lot and after that i had a couple pairs of the DC mike mo shoes that i thought were super cushy......now wearing the mike mos after skating the NB 868 they feel like thin vulc shoes you can skate right out the box  :D

the sole of the 868 is thinner towards the toe, but still really stable and you do have the 3 piece cushioning on the heel plus a removable insole that i wanna say is pretty alright. i skated my 868 for a month twice a week for up to 4 hours of flip tricks per session and they look broken in by now. i just wanna skate new shoes cause i need some change looking down, but the 868s will be skated for at least another month soon.

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #225 on: October 07, 2016, 10:38:28 PM »
Got a question for those who take part in the weartest program. Do you get bombarded with emails about your test being over? I sent my pair back about a month ago, but I get an email everyday about the test being over and I'm worried my shoes didn't make it to the right location.
yeah i sent them an email back and they said ignore it if you sent the shoes back.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #226 on: October 07, 2016, 11:33:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They should make a model for the wide-footers or maybe offer one current top-selling model in wide.

I don't think they will or any other shoe companies will either, anytime soon. Probably not cost-effective since the demand for wide SKATE shoes aren't that big.

Nike, Adidas, Vans don't have wide shoes either. They can all just make medium (regular) width sizing, if you need a wider shoe, you can just size up.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
« Reply #227 on: October 08, 2016, 12:24:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

They should make a model for the wide-footers or maybe offer one current top-selling model in wide.

I don't think they will or any other shoe companies will either, anytime soon. Probably not cost-effective since the demand for wide SKATE shoes aren't that big.

Nike, Adidas, Vans don't have wide shoes either
That's my point, no one does a wide skate shoe. New Balance has wide shoes across the board, tennis, baseball, soccer, running, trainers, FUCKING EVERYTHING EXCEPT SKATEBOARDING!

Vans and Emerica have done wide models, Rowley X and Fat Laced come to mind.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #228 on: October 08, 2016, 04:17:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Nike, Adidas, Vans don't have wide shoes either
[close]
That's my point, no one does a wide skate shoe. New Balance has wide shoes across the board, tennis, baseball, soccer, running, trainers, FUCKING EVERYTHING EXCEPT SKATEBOARDING!

Vans and Emerica have done wide models, Rowley X and Fat Laced come to mind.

Welllll DC do, but like... Help yourself, I won't be buying them.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #229 on: October 12, 2016, 10:55:10 AM »
Tate - did NB discontinue the Allston (617) and both Logans (636, 637)? They took them off their website. Bummer if so, those are the only NB models I've been skating.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #230 on: October 12, 2016, 11:57:11 AM »
Tate - did NB discontinue the Allston (617) and both Logans (636, 637)? They took them off their website. Bummer if so, those are the only NB models I've been skating.

I think there is supposed to be a new 617? Can't confirm that. But I think no more Logan, I think that shoe was part of their initial launch, I don't recall it seeing in a latest catalog.s

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #231 on: October 12, 2016, 01:02:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think there is supposed to be a new 617? Can't confirm that. But I think no more Logan, I think that shoe was part of their initial launch, I don't recall it seeing in a latest catalog.s

Yeah, both Logan's were in the last couple catalogs. I just did a quick chat with a NB.com rep online and they said they've scrapped the Logan and Allston shoes. Also they will be selling NB# direct from their website in 2017.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #232 on: October 12, 2016, 08:58:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, both Logan's were in the last couple catalogs. I just did a quick chat with a NB.com rep online and they said they've scrapped the Logan and Allston shoes. Also they will be selling NB# direct from their website in 2017.

Maybe the Allston has been replaced by the 288 model? I have a sample pair, looks sort of like the Allston. I'll snag a pic in a bit.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #233 on: October 13, 2016, 08:34:22 PM »
Here is that 288 model for 2017.

sports

• Rep: 21
« Reply #234 on: October 14, 2016, 07:46:09 AM »
as soon as they came out with these, I was thinking they should make a skate version.

looks like they were thinking the same thing.

It may be Tate's angle in the pic, but I prefer how the non skate version looks way more than the one piece toe on the skate model

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2016, 05:23:02 PM »

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #236 on: October 14, 2016, 06:05:37 PM »

http://i.imgur.com/6ixObYwl.jpg

That's a nice looking shoe.

And it's crazy, after that NB.com chat representative told me they scrapped the Allston, I now see it back up on the Numeric site.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #237 on: October 14, 2016, 08:46:23 PM »
Expand Quote

http://i.imgur.com/6ixObYwl.jpg
[close]

That's a nice looking shoe.

And it's crazy, after that NB.com chat representative told me they scrapped the Allston, I now see it back up on the Numeric site.

Maybe they scrapped it for 2017?

Like you said, you can buy off the NB site now.

http://www.newbalance.com/numeric/?ICID=NAVSHOP_NM_NAV_5181

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #238 on: October 15, 2016, 12:47:14 PM »
No more Logans is very upsetting

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #239 on: October 15, 2016, 12:59:07 PM »