Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 766080 times)

munchbox and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Deepern0ah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #300 on: January 01, 2017, 01:09:32 PM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #302 on: January 04, 2017, 10:54:44 AM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #304 on: January 04, 2017, 08:44:42 PM »
I've been a big fan of NB# since Day 1 (the Black Box days), and have always supported with my dollar. Some of the best skate shoes on the market, fit and skate-ability.

But these last couple drops are losing me from an aesthetic standpoint. It feels like (to me, anyway) they're over-designing their shoes. Way too ornate. Different color toe bumpers on the outsoles, contrasting toe caps, contrasting ollie patches. Some of their recent stuff looks straight up clown shoes. The sample of the second PJ shoe is one of the ugliest things I've laid eyes on. Seems like a lot going on. It's mildly surprising to me that the Logan 637 did poorly for them at retail, but a tech shoe like the 598 or 868 does well.

Again, I'm not hating. I love the company and the team. And I did just drop $180 on the Lost Art / Liverpool kicks.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #305 on: January 05, 2017, 09:58:57 PM »
NB# 505

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #306 on: January 06, 2017, 06:28:05 AM »
not numeric but i don't care

i bought these

good come sausage

Elderly Gentleman

• Rep: 4
« Reply #307 on: January 06, 2017, 07:25:32 AM »
I just got my first pair of 533 Stratfords last night.  I have a buddy who has a shop that's going out of business and he put all of his shoes 50% off.  I usually wear a 10 but I got a 9.5 in the 533's (all he had).  I've got plantar fasciitis and I've had problems with shoes and my arches screaming at me when I skated.  I think I may have been wearing my shoes too big.   I wanted a snug fit.  The toe box is really tight right now, but most people have said these take a bit longer to break in.  They're really stiff right now but I think I'm going to really like them in the long run.
I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around.

"I'll just use my Zumiez rewards card".

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #309 on: January 07, 2017, 10:17:52 PM »
I just got my first pair of 533 Stratfords last night.  I have a buddy who has a shop that's going out of business and he put all of his shoes 50% off.  I usually wear a 10 but I got a 9.5 in the 533's (all he had).  I've got plantar fasciitis and I've had problems with shoes and my arches screaming at me when I skated.  I think I may have been wearing my shoes too big.   I wanted a snug fit.  The toe box is really tight right now, but most people have said these take a bit longer to break in.  They're really stiff right now but I think I'm going to really like them in the long run.
ive had 533 and 598's and the shoes never broke in how i wanted them too so i gave them away, i also didnt find them grippy enough.

CreepySweaty

• Rep: 59
  • i am mitchie brusco i have done the 1080
« Reply #310 on: January 08, 2017, 05:50:01 AM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #311 on: January 08, 2017, 05:56:33 AM »
dem maroon joints too :o
all synth?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #312 on: January 08, 2017, 05:59:56 AM »
I've had two pairs of NB# and gave one away due to sizing.

I still have a pair of 9.5 NB that fit like a 9 that I can't find anybody to take. If somebody on here wants to get at me we can work something out. Trades or just pay for shipping? I don't know, I haven't done much trading and stuff on here so lemme know if I should take this shit elsewhere
p-shuvs and v-flips

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #313 on: January 10, 2017, 07:43:15 AM »
not numeric but i don't care

i bought these

update on these, they fit better than numerics, are more comfortable than numerics, and i predict i will wear them more than numerics.
good come sausage

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #315 on: January 18, 2017, 06:26:30 AM »
connor kammerer unofficial pro model
good come sausage

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #316 on: January 25, 2017, 10:35:01 AM »
I have a question for those of you who tried the 868, particularely Tate.
How does the side panels hold up? Is it mesh or more like balistic thing? I tend to rip the sides of my shoes a lot, and the material looks like mesh, but it could be that balistic thing they use on some of their model. I haven't seen it in the shops that are close to me so I was looking for a feedback here.
I'm debatting between buying the 868 or the 533. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 10:57:34 AM by Turtle Boy »

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #317 on: January 25, 2017, 12:03:50 PM »
How does the side panels hold up? Is it mesh or more like balistic thing? I tend to rip the sides of my shoes a lot, and the material looks like mesh, but it could be that balistic thing they use on some of their model. I haven't seen it in the shops that are close to me so I was looking for a feedback here.

The side panels hold up fine imo, but the sole just started peeling off at the heel on my pair. I've only skated these a handful of times so I think my pair is defective. Pretty disappointing for such an expensive shoe.

Also, New Balance continues to kick me out of their empty parking garage when I try to skate there.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #318 on: January 25, 2017, 12:08:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The side panels hold up fine imo, but the sole just started peeling off at the heel on my pair. I've only skated these a handful of times so I think my pair is defective. Pretty disappointing for such an expensive shoe.

Also, New Balance continues to kick me out of their empty parking garage when I try to skate there.

The 868 has more durable mesh than the 533 in the heel area, I always blow out the stuffing/padding in the 533. I haven't yet in any 868.

No problems with my soles from the pairs I have skated  (5-6 including samples), maybe yours could be defective one?

The 868 is durable in the toe and heel area as well! I haven't yet ripped the toe with the tons of kickflips I do.

As of now, I am more into the 868 than the 533. But sooner or later, I will end up going back to the 533.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #319 on: January 26, 2017, 06:57:41 AM »
Thanks for your answers, the way I do heelflips and heel variations always rip the side of my shoes.
I may end up buying the 533s unless I find a really good deal on the 868s

Ineffable Epoch

• Rep: -77
« Reply #320 on: January 29, 2017, 03:01:04 AM »
Tomorrow i will order 7 or 8 pairs, any recomendation or suggestion? I like the 598, 868 and 213 in white/blue  :D

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #321 on: January 29, 2017, 12:01:44 PM »
Tomorrow i will order 7 or 8 pairs, any recomendation or suggestion? I like the 598, 868 and 213 in white/blue  :D
I'm a huge fan of the 358 They've been holding up extremely well for me.

Ineffable Epoch

• Rep: -77
« Reply #322 on: January 29, 2017, 02:52:36 PM »
Quote from: Cherb link=topic=89457.msg2603046#msg2603046 date=1485720104
[/quote

Those look great in all black and all brown, also the white w/ gum sole one is beautiful. May be getting 2 or 3, thanks Cherb!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 02:54:23 PM by Ineffable Epoch »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #323 on: January 29, 2017, 08:10:39 PM »

I am biased, but throw in the 533 in suede on that list.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #324 on: January 30, 2017, 10:52:47 AM »
Quote from: Cherb link=topic=89457.msg2603046#msg2603046 date=1485720104
[/quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Those look great in all black and all brown, also the white w/ gum sole one is beautiful. May be getting 2 or 3, thanks Cherb!

No problem man.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #325 on: January 31, 2017, 09:36:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The 868 has more durable mesh than the 533 in the heel area, I always blow out the stuffing/padding in the 533. I haven't yet in any 868.

No problems with my soles from the pairs I have skated  (5-6 including samples), maybe yours could be defective one?

The 868 is durable in the toe and heel area as well! I haven't yet ripped the toe with the tons of kickflips I do.

As of now, I am more into the 868 than the 533. But sooner or later, I will end up going back to the 533.

Yeah, I think it is just a defective pair. New Balance rep actually reached out and offered to rectify the situation, which is really cool.

For the record this is my third pair of NB# after some brightons and PJs, both of which were awesome and durable.

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #326 on: January 31, 2017, 04:53:11 PM »
Has anyone skated the 344 and 345?  I'm curious how different the fit is.  I've tried on the 344 a few times, but it was always too tight.  Thanks.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #327 on: January 31, 2017, 06:38:28 PM »
OK the shoes perform well but lack some very important. NB# still hasn't addressed the breathability, give me a tongue vent, some lace loops on the inner side something. They're sweat boxes. Next comes the giant N, it's not iconic like the swoosh or 3 stripes, and it for sure affects their sales negatively, tone it down a bit. I still think the shoes look great, and have the best durability and grip patterns in the biz.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #328 on: January 31, 2017, 07:03:40 PM »
Next comes the giant N, it's not iconic like the swoosh or 3 stripes, and it for sure affects their sales negatively,
::) do you even sneaker?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #329 on: February 01, 2017, 11:24:16 AM »
Has anyone skated the 344 and 345??  I'm curious how different the fit is.?  I've tried on the 344 a few times, but it was always too tight.?  Thanks.
That's actually the exact improvement we made on from the 344 to the 345.  They fit tight and were kind of tricky in general to get your foot into, so we loosened up the foot entry in the shoe and made fit improvements on it.  There should be a noticeable difference when you try the 345 on.  Hope that helps.