Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765641 times)

In A Jar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #330 on: February 01, 2017, 04:54:21 PM »
That's actually the exact improvement we made on from the 344 to the 345.  They fit tight and were kind of tricky in general to get your foot into, so we loosened up the foot entry in the shoe and made fit improvements on it.  There should be a noticeable difference when you try the 345 on.  Hope that helps.

Rad thanks.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #331 on: February 01, 2017, 09:14:28 PM »
OK the shoes perform well but lack some very important. NB# still hasn't addressed the breathability, give me a tongue vent, some lace loops on the inner side something. They're sweat boxes. Next comes the giant N, it's not iconic like the swoosh or 3 stripes, and it for sure affects their sales negatively, tone it down a bit. I still think the shoes look great, and have the best durability and grip patterns in the biz.

The PJ 533 V2 has a hidden lacing system in them.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #332 on: February 01, 2017, 09:19:08 PM »
Expand Quote
OK the shoes perform well but lack some very important. NB# still hasn't addressed the breathability, give me a tongue vent, some lace loops on the inner side something. They're sweat boxes. Next comes the giant N, it's not iconic like the swoosh or 3 stripes, and it for sure affects their sales negatively, tone it down a bit. I still think the shoes look great, and have the best durability and grip patterns in the biz.
[close]

The PJ 533 V2 has a hidden lacing system in them.
That's great but I meant something to get air in

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #333 on: February 02, 2017, 01:14:49 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #334 on: February 02, 2017, 08:47:26 PM »
BS x BS 598 are great, been skating them for a month +. Probably going to switch it up back to a 533 soon.

micky682

« Reply #335 on: February 03, 2017, 12:35:52 PM »
BS x BS 598 are great, been skating them for a month +. Probably going to switch it up back to a 533 soon.

NB# looks like they have the best durability. But most of their shoes are $75+, even their vulcs. Can't justify that.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #336 on: February 03, 2017, 12:43:59 PM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #337 on: February 08, 2017, 01:08:51 AM »

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #338 on: February 08, 2017, 10:41:58 AM »
Anyone have a chance to try the 505's yet? I like how simple they are, kind of like a cupsole blazer with the toe mashed with the Lakai MJ 3.

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #339 on: February 08, 2017, 10:57:14 PM »
Anyone have a chance to try the 505's yet? I like how simple they are, kind of like a cupsole blazer with the toe mashed with the Lakai MJ 3.
I wear tested them a while ago. They are really good just like the other new balance cupsoles. Just true down the stitching on the side because it rips easily if you don't

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #340 on: February 09, 2017, 03:15:06 AM »
The 358's are one of the best looking shoes and I've heard they are wide, which is a plus for me. The only thing stopping me is the grip/sole.  It looks super shallaow and the area between the middle of the sole and the front looms almost worn down already?

I fucking hate it when I get a shoe, that after you skate it still looks relatively "perfect" on the upper but has a sole that is flat or even has a hole already (Vans I'm looking at you). Can anyone tell me if the sole on 358's is as bad as it looks?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:17:20 AM by Jud Nestorkins »

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #341 on: February 09, 2017, 09:08:09 AM »

I fucking hate it when I get a shoe, that after you skate it still looks relatively "perfect" on the upper but has a sole that is flat or even has a hole already (Vans I'm looking at you). Can anyone tell me if the sole on 358's is as bad as it looks?

I've been skating some 358's for a while and the sole is holding up super well, barely looks skated. The closest analogy I can come up with is the old gravis vulcs that had what looked like a shallow herringbone tread but would last forever. Plus so far none of the weird flop that some vulc soles get after a while.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #342 on: February 09, 2017, 09:27:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've been skating some 358's for a while and the sole is holding up super well, barely looks skated. The closest analogy I can come up with is the old gravis vulcs that had what looked like a shallow herringbone tread but would last forever. Plus so far none of the weird flop that some vulc soles get after a while.
Word, the sole has barely worn down on mine. It's an extremely durable shoe all around.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #343 on: February 09, 2017, 10:17:27 AM »
The 358's are one of the best looking shoes and I've heard they are wide, which is a plus for me. The only thing stopping me is the grip/sole.  It looks super shallaow and the area between the middle of the sole and the front looms almost worn down already?

Its not worn down. It just has more rubber on the high wear areas so they should actually last longer than your traditional tread pattern.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #344 on: February 09, 2017, 12:28:42 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #345 on: February 09, 2017, 04:37:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Its not worn down. It just has more rubber on the high wear areas so they should actually last longer than your traditional tread pattern.
That's what I've heard too. I'm really keen to try out a brown pair of them although I heard there is a new white colourway coming out this (next?) season...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #346 on: February 12, 2017, 09:23:00 AM »
NB# Introducing the NM345 on Vimeo

When I watched this I couldn't help but think about this

Filter by Gravis on Vimeo

maybe arto had something to do with this
(Cool Trick GIF)

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #347 on: February 12, 2017, 09:41:01 AM »

I feel like hes a pretty decent part of their creative direction.

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #348 on: February 12, 2017, 12:23:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Word, the sole has barely worn down on mine. It's an extremely durable shoe all around.

My 358's are annoyingly resilient- I'm pining for fresh shoes. Sole is still grippy after a few months but is going before the toe. Though it could do with better heel padding, I would still buy another pair.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #349 on: February 12, 2017, 04:45:42 PM »
what's the sizing like on them (the 358s)? I heard post-black box = TTS but that arto's shoe is a little slim ???
should I go 10.5 on them (I usually wear vans 10)?

micky682

« Reply #350 on: February 12, 2017, 06:34:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I feel like hes a pretty decent part of their creative direction.
Russel Houghton was the filmer for Gravis and is the filmer for NB#.

Evisoon

• Rep: -3
« Reply #351 on: February 12, 2017, 07:56:59 PM »
anyone have the pink gums?? such a beautiful colorway.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #352 on: February 12, 2017, 09:49:18 PM »
what's the sizing like on them (the 358s)? I heard post-black box = TTS but that arto's shoe is a little slim ???
I wear 9 in vans and the 358's fit the same. Maybe even a little bit looser than the vans.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #353 on: February 12, 2017, 09:56:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I wear 9 in vans and the 358's fit the same. Maybe even a little bit looser than the vans.
Awesome!!I keep hearing that they're tight and that you should half size up? glad to hear you'd buy another pair too, I'm currently trying to find a replacement for my Silas 1 addiction :'(

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #354 on: February 13, 2017, 01:35:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Awesome!!I keep hearing that they're tight and that you should half size up? glad to hear you'd buy another pair too, I'm currently trying to find a replacement for my Silas 1 addiction :'(

Mine were a little tight at first, but fit comfortably after a couple of skates. Go for your regs size and you'll be fine.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #355 on: February 13, 2017, 02:58:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Mine were a little tight at first, but fit comfortably after a couple of skates. Go for your regs size and you'll be fine.
Yeah you're right. They were a little tight at first but they broke in quick.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #356 on: February 16, 2017, 08:01:32 PM »
Much love to NB# for the dope kicks, 598 are my new go-to shoe!

jpmulls

• Rep: 6
« Reply #357 on: February 16, 2017, 10:32:31 PM »

Are those the 533 V2's?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #358 on: February 16, 2017, 10:39:51 PM »
^
Yup, I skated a sample pair a couple months back, outstanding shoe. Early sample prototype.

Has shoe lace protection which I love. The color I got is so dope, gold "N" stands out. I will skate them too, as it is probably the final production pair.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #359 on: February 17, 2017, 01:57:40 AM »

Those all look great! How's the fit on the 598 compared to the 533? Same sizing?