Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765675 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #450 on: May 15, 2017, 12:21:52 AM »
Lacing up a new 533 v2 pair.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Global Moderator

« Reply #451 on: May 15, 2017, 03:12:08 PM »
Lacing up a new 533 v2 pair.

These look so good! Can't wait to try a pair when they come out. I like to pop my tongues over my pants, how would this tongue lace pocket look with the tongue popped? Worried I might have to stitch or glue it together.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #452 on: May 15, 2017, 04:09:43 PM »
Those v2 look really good.

coneklr

« Reply #453 on: June 15, 2017, 11:15:47 AM »
anyone have any more info on those 420's?

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #454 on: June 21, 2017, 08:29:34 AM »

My one complaint about the 533 is the stiffness in the front area so I gave them a custom hyperfeel.  I've skated them for a couple weeks now.  They are holding up fine and the added flexibility is great. 

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #455 on: June 21, 2017, 09:33:26 PM »

My one complaint about the 533 is the stiffness in the front area so I gave them a custom hyperfeel.  I've skated them for a couple weeks now.  They are holding up fine and the added flexibility is great. 

Have you tried to microwave them before skating them? I didn't do that the first couple pairs I got and they were stiff as hell.

Ever since then, I microwave every pair and they feel perfectly broken in out of the box feel.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

asakusa75

« Reply #456 on: June 21, 2017, 10:31:58 PM »
Seriously considering trying those PJs. They look unreal.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #457 on: June 22, 2017, 01:41:38 AM »
I'm not into microwaving shoes, so I took the time to break them in by walking and cruising with the skate. I've been skating them for 6-7 sessions and I have the feeling they will last at least 40-50 sessions. The outsole is like new, and the suede is super fucking durable. I really recommend them.
Also if you're a heelflipper, like Tate said, the canvas on the collar part tend to rip easy. I hope they will fix it by putting a better material, like ballistic nylon or something.
NB# is doing a great job. I hope they continue to progress organically the way they are doing right now.

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #458 on: June 22, 2017, 08:41:24 AM »
Have you tried to microwave them before skating them? I didn't do that the first couple pairs I got and they were stiff as hell.

Yeah I microwave them too for about a minute.  That's what caused the bubbling on the N.  I still want them a little more flexible though.  I'm one of those people that wishes I could skate in vulcanized shoes, but it hurts me too much.  The 533s kind of skate like vulcs, just stiff.  I really like that the sole is flat unlike most cupsoles that have heel lift.  Can't wait to try the v2s in like a month I think?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #459 on: June 22, 2017, 11:32:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah I microwave them too for about a minute.  That's what caused the bubbling on the N.  I still want them a little more flexible though.  I'm one of those people that wishes I could skate in vulcanized shoes, but it hurts me too much.  The 533s kind of skate like vulcs, just stiff.  I really like that the sole is flat unlike most cupsoles that have heel lift.  Can't wait to try the v2s in like a month I think?

I think July they come out. Been skating a pair since the fall of last year, early sample models to the recently finalized pair.

They are great, love the shoe lace protection and better support in the heel area. Sole is pretty much the shoe. But the upper is much improved.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #460 on: June 23, 2017, 04:35:34 AM »

damn, you a wild boy.
they do take forever to break in though, but its worth it.

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #461 on: June 27, 2017, 12:53:09 PM »
How are the 598's in comparison to the 533's support wise? Never skated NB before but they look like a really functional cupsole that would last. Local shop carries them and I'm tempted as ever to try em out. I tried the 505's on and didn't feel they had enough heel support and no removable insole.

JAesop

« Reply #462 on: June 27, 2017, 01:48:33 PM »
How are the 598's in comparison to the 533's support wise? Never skated NB before but they look like a really functional cupsole that would last. Local shop carries them and I'm tempted as ever to try em out. I tried the 505's on and didn't feel they had enough heel support and no removable insole.

I don't know about the diff between the two but the 598's are really stiff at first. It didn't stop me from skating four pairs in a row though...super durable shoe with good arch support and heel lock. Get at least a half size up because the toe box is tight. My only complaint is that for some reason the newest pair I own have a much harder sole.  It can hurt landing hard sometimes because there is no flex during impact.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #463 on: June 30, 2017, 04:27:28 PM »
hey Rothdigga/Tate, whats up with the new balance am stuff? has anyone seen it?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #465 on: July 04, 2017, 01:56:38 PM »
Microwaved and ready to go!

shotformeat

• Rep: 5
« Reply #466 on: July 07, 2017, 03:12:49 AM »
New PJ's out now http://www.newbalance.com/pd/533v2/NM553-V2.html#color=White_with_Sea%20Salt_and_Gold&width=D

Can't wait for these! Too many good colour ways to choose from, especially if those black black gum ones tate posted above are coming out too. Some more upcoming colour ways here -

asakusa75

« Reply #467 on: July 07, 2017, 03:24:34 AM »
Tried some Numerics on the outlet, black leather ones with a bear on them, not sure of the style. Felt pretty good actually, pretty sure they are  going to be my next skate shoes.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #468 on: July 11, 2017, 09:41:38 PM »
Thanks NB# for the 533v2. My FAVORITE current skate shoes.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #469 on: July 12, 2017, 07:15:52 AM »
Tried some Numerics on the outlet, black leather ones with a bear on them, not sure of the style. Felt pretty good actually, pretty sure they are  going to be my next skate shoes.

That's the Levi Brown Logan 637. I think they may have discontinued the Logan 637 entirely. I don't think it did very well for them at retail. Everyone complained about it being stiff but it is/was far and away my favorite shoe NB# made. Snug, slim, and close to the foot. Narrow toe box and great heel lock. Huge fan. I still have a few pair in the box waiting to skate.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #470 on: July 12, 2017, 01:18:43 PM »
That's a good looking box Tate!!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #471 on: July 12, 2017, 09:41:20 PM »

Thanks! Really is my favorite shoe, might not even skate another NB# model for a while. I'll stick with these guys. Grip, durability, this model has it all. A vast improvement over the 1'st model!

I also never will rip a shoe lace again in these shoes.  ;D

asakusa75

« Reply #472 on: July 13, 2017, 05:46:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Tried some Numerics on the outlet, black leather ones with a bear on them, not sure of the style. Felt pretty good actually, pretty sure they are  going to be my next skate shoes.
[close]

That's the Levi Brown Logan 637. I think they may have discontinued the Logan 637 entirely. I don't think it did very well for them at retail. Everyone complained about it being stiff but it is/was far and away my favorite shoe NB# made. Snug, slim, and close to the foot. Narrow toe box and great heel lock. Huge fan. I still have a few pair in the box waiting to skate.

How about sizes?
I tried 10s on at the outlet, and they seemed fine even though I am a 9 usually. I just ordered PJs online too...in 10s. Hope they will be ok.

OldManSkate

• Rep: -3
« Reply #473 on: July 13, 2017, 09:28:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks! Really is my favorite shoe, might not even skate another NB# model for a while. I'll stick with these guys. Grip, durability, this model has it all. A vast improvement over the 1'st model!

How do they fit? Pretty narrow?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #474 on: July 13, 2017, 11:37:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
How do they fit? Pretty narrow?

Yah, go up .5 if you have a wide foot. I felt like the first couple of same pairs, the sizing was off. I think they fixed it now. I go true to size pairs and they fit me fine!

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #475 on: July 13, 2017, 07:44:45 PM »
Is it just me or do the new 533 v2 look kinda bulkier than the v1s?  I also don't really get the lace covering tounge flap thing.  The 533 were pretty much perfect shoes to begin with.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

VCR

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #477 on: July 14, 2017, 01:50:48 PM »
I wanna see some new 288's

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #478 on: July 15, 2017, 09:06:31 AM »
Just got some 533's and they definitely feel like they'll skate really good when they break in. I have narrow feet and usually wear size 9.5-10 depending on how snug I want to fit. I got these in size 10 and the length is fine, but narrow in the toe area. Probably 10.5 would have been ideal -- why are these so damn stiff out of the box?? I'm going to try microwaving these

asakusa75

« Reply #479 on: July 18, 2017, 12:03:04 AM »
Mine came today...I ended up ordering 10s. The PJs fit perfectly and feel so good on. Wow.
I ordered Arto too, to get the free shipping, and they are a little loose in 10s...but manageable.