Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765732 times)

Smartass

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #660 on: January 22, 2018, 12:08:26 PM »
It'll have the same support as the 288.  The 440 has midsole support built in so it doesn't need the same insert as say our vulc stuff or the 598.  Hope that helps. 
And yes, they're definitely delivering around 4/1.  Sometimes our stuff goes out 15 days prior so you could see some pop up as early as 3/15 depending on where you're at.

Sweet thanks for the update Roth!

Grind King Rims

« Reply #661 on: January 22, 2018, 02:17:32 PM »
Roth, tell us more about the upcoming video, please.

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #662 on: January 22, 2018, 04:11:21 PM »
Just talk for now, but someone on here mentioned pretty much exactly what we're thinking about, which was super funny. 
After the Midwest video that just came out, we've got the usual 2-3 more tour videos coming. I think an Oz trip is next for us. But nothing right on the horizon for full length yet. We're sitting on like 45 min of PJ footage, but it's going to sit in a vault for like 10 more years...kidding.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #663 on: January 22, 2018, 04:16:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Just talk for now, but someone on here mentioned pretty much exactly what we're thinking about, which was super funny. 
After the Midwest video that just came out, we've got the usual 2-3 more tour videos coming. I think an Oz trip is next for us. But nothing right on the horizon for full length yet. We're sitting on like 45 min of PJ footage, but it's going to sit in a vault for like 10 more years...kidding.

Those 3 skaters mentioned might be my 3 favourite NB# skaters, I'm stoked. Btw westgate still isn't on the team page. Thanks for the prompt reply man.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #664 on: January 22, 2018, 04:41:19 PM »
Expand Quote
just found a pair of the pj ladds for $49 with free shipping. figured thats a good deal. my dumb ass should have consulted the back pages of this thread but im a 9 on all cups (nike, adidas cons) how would these fit?
[close]

Would I guess it's the non-black box pairs? 9 should fit you fine if that's the case. I am a 9 in 533 v1 and v2.

In the early stages of NB# the sizing was kind of off, but for sure more recent pairs have been consistent. I only skate in cupsoles, so in all the cupsole models my true size of 9 fits fine. That's also included with the FP gamechangers as in the insoles.

thanks for the feedback tate. so ive skated a lotta nike sb's with the lunar sole and was good to go.. you suggest i get some FP's on my nb# ? rocking a pair in my supra ellingtons and wouldn't want these shoes with out em.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

rothdigga

« Reply #665 on: January 22, 2018, 05:16:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Those 3 skaters mentioned might be my 3 favourite NB# skaters, I'm stoked. Btw westgate still isn't on the team page. Thanks for the prompt reply man.

He's on there, it's just listed in alphabetical order, so he's further down the list. 

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #666 on: January 22, 2018, 05:25:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
just found a pair of the pj ladds for $49 with free shipping. figured thats a good deal. my dumb ass should have consulted the back pages of this thread but im a 9 on all cups (nike, adidas cons) how would these fit?
[close]

Would I guess it's the non-black box pairs? 9 should fit you fine if that's the case. I am a 9 in 533 v1 and v2.

In the early stages of NB# the sizing was kind of off, but for sure more recent pairs have been consistent. I only skate in cupsoles, so in all the cupsole models my true size of 9 fits fine. That's also included with the FP gamechangers as in the insoles.
[close]

thanks for the feedback tate. so ive skated a lotta nike sb's with the lunar sole and was good to go.. you suggest i get some FP's on my nb# ? rocking a pair in my supra ellingtons and wouldn't want these shoes with out em.

I wouldn't say suggest, I have been using FP game-changers in all my shoes (all kinds of different brands) so I am used to them in all my skate shoes. They do help out with my crappy knee and back pain.

It may or may not work for you in the NB# models, but you can give it a try. They work lovely in the 533 models.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

coneklr

« Reply #667 on: January 22, 2018, 07:44:56 PM »
Tell me you guys have bigger plans for Chris.  He's so good and such a rad dude!  Also, please tell me the 420's are coming soon so I can find a NB that I can start wearing as I love everything you guys are doing!

Grind King Rims

« Reply #668 on: January 23, 2018, 07:25:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

He's on there, it's just listed in alphabetical order, so he's further down the list. 

Hmmm, this is the page I'm referring to
http://www.newbalance.com/numeric-team-riders/
I see Cruysberghs but no Westgate

rothdigga

« Reply #669 on: January 23, 2018, 09:28:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Hmmm, this is the page I'm referring to
http://www.newbalance.com/numeric-team-riders/
I see Cruysberghs but no Westgate

So weird, we have 2 landing pages for it.  Slap comes through again with the glitches.  I was looking at this, has our whole squad at the bottom. 
http://www.newbalance.com/men/featured/nb-numeric/?searchSource=numeric

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #670 on: January 24, 2018, 10:35:00 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Otis Fatona-Pinet

• Rep: -12
« Reply #671 on: January 24, 2018, 10:46:34 PM »
Tell me you guys have bigger plans for Chris.  He's so good and such a rad dude! Also, please tell me the 420's are coming soon so I can find a NB that I can start wearing as I love everything you guys are doing!
It is
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 10:48:17 PM by Otis Fatona-Pinet »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #672 on: January 26, 2018, 02:26:44 AM »

Global Moderator

« Reply #673 on: January 27, 2018, 04:17:52 PM »
Fucking love these.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 06:37:57 AM by Global Moderator »

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #674 on: January 27, 2018, 05:04:04 PM »

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #675 on: February 03, 2018, 08:52:15 AM »
Anyone ever notice a change in insole hardness on the numerics?

I'm wearing a pair of 345's right now that have the best insole I've ever had. My feet feel better than they have in a while. When I checked the pair I have in wait, the insole is way harder. I thought maybe they get broken in, so I checked my last pair of thrashed 598's, the insole on these was harder also. They all seem like the same insole, they have the orange bottom and the same numbers stamped on them.

Just kinda wondering if they have different hardnesses they use, or if I got an anomaly or if they changed them at some point or what?

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #676 on: February 03, 2018, 07:17:17 PM »
I've tried all of the current NB cupsoles.  My pros/cons of each because they are so close to making a perfect shoe.

598 - comfy, but lacking in grip and boardfeel
868 - so comfy, but too bulky overall, especially in the back of the shoe.  Good grip, but not the best board feel.  Love how loose and wide the toebox is.
288 - heel is too damn high.  otherwise the shoe could be great.  can't skate it because i fear rolling my ankle.
533v2 - best gripping cupsole ever, decent board feel, love how low the heel is, but man, that toebox is so stiff. Loosen it up and it would be my favorite shoe ever.  (yes i've tried the microwave trick)

That's my two cents.

Thanks for this. Was looking for a comparison to the 868's as I was tempted to try them out. I completely agree on the 533's. They're the best thing out for stability, cushion and grip. Boardfeel gets way better once they're broken in. Just ordered my 3rd consecutive pair.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #677 on: February 05, 2018, 07:23:26 AM »
Expand Quote
I've tried all of the current NB cupsoles.  My pros/cons of each because they are so close to making a perfect shoe.

598 - comfy, but lacking in grip and boardfeel
868 - so comfy, but too bulky overall, especially in the back of the shoe.  Good grip, but not the best board feel.  Love how loose and wide the toebox is.
288 - heel is too damn high.  otherwise the shoe could be great.  can't skate it because i fear rolling my ankle.
533v2 - best gripping cupsole ever, decent board feel, love how low the heel is, but man, that toebox is so stiff. Loosen it up and it would be my favorite shoe ever.  (yes i've tried the microwave trick)

That's my two cents.
[close]

Thanks for this. Was looking for a comparison to the 868's as I was tempted to try them out. I completely agree on the 533's. They're the best thing out for stability, cushion and grip. Boardfeel gets way better once they're broken in. Just ordered my 3rd consecutive pair.

http://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=98461.0
hardly art, hardly starving

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #678 on: February 07, 2018, 05:55:49 AM »
zumiez has those black 346 mids for 64.99 plus additional 50% off...tempting.

anyone skate them yet?
good come sausage

Smartass

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #679 on: February 09, 2018, 10:05:06 PM »

Roth any update on when these will be available?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #680 on: February 12, 2018, 04:11:14 PM »

Gino's Back 180 Nosegrind

• Rep: 34
« Reply #681 on: February 12, 2018, 04:49:21 PM »
-NB# slip-on-

Cupsole? That's a untapped market no other company gives a shit about for some reason. If vulc then it'll fall into the "cool another generic slip on brought to you by (x) company" category. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 08:02:41 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #682 on: February 12, 2018, 04:50:48 PM »
fuck yes (they're synth)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Baby on Board

• Rep: 33
« Reply #683 on: February 13, 2018, 09:32:51 PM »
First post on Slap, stoked to be here. Been lurking the boards for a few years. Just wanna thank Tate for all his insight into Nb#. Definitely getting a pair of those 533v2's as my next shoe, and it'll be the first time I havent bought a 'core' shoe company. Stoked on what theyre doing over there at Nb#! Thanks Tate!

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #684 on: February 14, 2018, 06:50:04 AM »
First post on Slap, stoked to be here. Been lurking the boards for a few years. Just wanna thank Tate for all his insight into Nb#. Definitely getting a pair of those 533v2's as my next shoe, and it'll be the first time I havent bought a 'core' shoe company. Stoked on what theyre doing over there at Nb#! Thanks Tate!

tate's son confirmed
good come sausage

rothdigga

« Reply #685 on: February 14, 2018, 01:17:37 PM »

These are coming out for Summer 2018 around 4/1.  But these are 100% chillers, the whole All Coasts line isn't made for skating specifically but for the general public. Stuff is designed in our Numeric office here in LB but available through the lifestyle line at NB and not made with the same, extra durable materials we use for Numeric. You can skate in them all you want, they just won't hold up like our #.  They don't do a whole lot of vulc and regular flat soled cup at NB traditionally, so we have our designer contributing to lifestyle to give them another look.  Hope that makes sense. 

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #686 on: February 14, 2018, 02:49:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

tate's son confirmed

I have a fan, indeed.

Smartass

« Reply #687 on: February 14, 2018, 03:09:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

These are coming out for Summer 2018 around 4/1.  But these are 100% chillers, the whole All Coasts line isn't made for skating specifically but for the general public. Stuff is designed in our Numeric office here in LB but available through the lifestyle line at NB and not made with the same, extra durable materials we use for Numeric. You can skate in them all you want, they just won't hold up like our #.  They don't do a whole lot of vulc and regular flat soled cup at NB traditionally, so we have our designer contributing to lifestyle to give them another look.  Hope that makes sense.

Ah basically same dude that designs the Numeric line, is also helping design the lifestyle stuff. Thats explains a lot. Is this basically what the AM line from NB is?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #688 on: February 14, 2018, 04:55:43 PM »
https://instagram.com/p/BfHJde_Fars/
anyone peep the made in Usa tag on those white joints? is this actually gunna happen?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Smartass

« Reply #689 on: February 17, 2018, 10:51:57 PM »
anyone peep the made in Usa tag on those white joints? is this actually gunna happen?

I believe the white ones are just the regular 420 Re-Engineered's.