Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765595 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #720 on: March 21, 2018, 04:10:20 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #721 on: March 22, 2018, 05:16:35 PM »
Rothdigga, what's the sole like on the 440s? It's a cupsole that's supposedly flexy, like a vulc, but is the tread grippy and long-lasting?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #722 on: March 26, 2018, 04:26:41 PM »
Rothdigga, what's the sole like on the 440s? It's a cupsole that's supposedly flexy, like a vulc, but is the tread grippy and long-lasting?

It's a new sole unit for us.  It's got cushioning built into the heel and then tapers off in the front to give you the flex. 
Tread is new and super grippy.  Trahan has been loving them so far as has TimTim and a few others. 

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #723 on: March 26, 2018, 08:47:08 PM »
^That looks like a real pebble magnet.  :o

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #724 on: March 27, 2018, 02:54:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's a new sole unit for us.  It's got cushioning built into the heel and then tapers off in the front to give you the flex. 
Tread is new and super grippy.  Trahan has been loving them so far as has TimTim and a few others.

Same old boring question- what's the sizing like relative to the other models? More rather, just go for what I normally go for from nb? Same for the 420.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #725 on: March 27, 2018, 04:16:29 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgOy2HslmqT/?taken-by=stashedboxes

Not sure if ABP but this colourway is ill. Very excited to try this shoe and compare it to the 868.

How do you like them compared with 868? I really like my 868s a lot although the sizing is weird for me. I'm usually 8.5, which is almost right but a little too tight, so I got nine which is just a little too big/loose, it's like I need a 8.75. Other than that they're great. Trying to decide if I just stick with those or try the 533's

rothdigga

« Reply #726 on: March 27, 2018, 10:24:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Same old boring question- what's the sizing like relative to the other models? More rather, just go for what I normally go for from nb? Same for the 420.

It's true to size, so same as the 288.  All of our newer models have updated the fit so at some point in the future, once past models have been phased out, everything will fit the same. 
I just asked our designer if it's bad with pebbles and he said no.  He just wore some camping actually and it's not an issue because he made the grooves angular, so they don't stick in there.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #727 on: March 27, 2018, 12:23:44 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

birdplops

« Reply #728 on: March 27, 2018, 01:15:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It's true to size, so same as the 288.  All of our newer models have updated the fit so at some point in the future, once past models have been phased out, everything will fit the same. 
I just asked our designer if it's bad with pebbles and he said no.  He just wore some camping actually and it's not an issue because he made the grooves angular, so they don't stick in there.

That's good to know, thanks fella.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #729 on: March 27, 2018, 01:26:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That's good to know, thanks fella.

thats awesome. traditional herringbone is a pebble catcher for sure.

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #730 on: March 27, 2018, 01:49:45 PM »
Expand Quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgOy2HslmqT/?taken-by=stashedboxes

Not sure if ABP but this colourway is ill. Very excited to try this shoe and compare it to the 868.
[close]

How do you like them compared with 868? I really like my 868s a lot although the sizing is weird for me. I'm usually 8.5, which is almost right but a little too tight, so I got nine which is just a little too big/loose, it's like I need a 8.75. Other than that they're great. Trying to decide if I just stick with those or try the 533's

I haven't tried them yet, have only been skating the 868s for a few weeks and they are holding up really well so might not be in the market for a few weeks. I ordered a full size up and they felt really roomy (specially in the toe area) at first but after a few skates they feel amazing. I believe it's better for your feet to skate shoes that are .5 too big rather than .5 too small.

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #732 on: March 27, 2018, 06:34:02 PM »

I haven't tried them yet, have only been skating the 868s for a few weeks and they are holding up really well so might not be in the market for a few weeks. I ordered a full size up and they felt really roomy (specially in the toe area) at first but after a few skates they feel amazing. I believe it's better for your feet to skate shoes that are .5 too big rather than .5 too small.
[/quote]

Damn idk how you can stand them that big ha. I've tried stretching out the 8.5s a few different ways, I am now just accepting they're too small. The 9's i felt like we're too big at first but after skating a few time I really like them. These are probably my favorite shoes I've skated. Only had a few sessions in them but they look like they're gonna last a good long while too.

Smartass

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

birdplops

« Reply #734 on: April 04, 2018, 10:47:19 PM »
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/440/NM440.html?dwvar_NM440_color=Grey_with_Navy#color=Grey_with_Navy&width=D

NM440s now available.

Thanks mate.

I guess they're still adding stuff on the main site...  I'm waiting on the UK site to fill up as it's looking pretty bare. What's more, I hope there are a couple of colourways as there is already plenty of grey here.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #735 on: April 05, 2018, 01:45:45 PM »
In case any of y’all were wondering, I ordered a pair online of the all-white/black midsole 533 v2 colorway and they are indeed leather with the engraved N on the side. I’ve seen photos of the same colorway on tactics and the NB# sites where they’re suede with a plain white N logo. I think Tate even posted some samples that were the white suede ones too, but the production run look like this

NOT this

I personally think the leather version looks better and am hyped to skate them soon now that my ankles healed. It’s my 4th pair of the 533 v2’s now

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #736 on: April 05, 2018, 08:50:44 PM »
Yea, the white ones I have (top photo) are the leather ones. They are samples but pretty soft leather.

I have yet to see the bottom ones (suede) in person.

fuckmyself

• Rep: -6
« Reply #737 on: April 06, 2018, 03:49:13 PM »
Those Slip-ons are out now. Gotta say even though they aren't "for skateboarding" I'm considering getting a pair to cruise around in. Can't be any worse durability-wise than a classic pair of vans slips...

rothdigga

« Reply #738 on: April 06, 2018, 04:15:51 PM »
I have a homie here that I give samples to that skates them and loves them.  But for sure they aren't made to hold up to the regualr rigors of skating, they're just comfortable ass slip-ons.  They're mostly canvas, so you know what you're getting with canvas.  We have branded that whole line as New Balance and it sits in the lifestyle line to differentiate it from Numeric.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #739 on: April 06, 2018, 04:45:57 PM »
I have a homie here that I give samples to that skates them and loves them.  But for sure they aren't made to hold up to the regualr rigors of skating, they're just comfortable ass slip-ons.  They're mostly canvas, so you know what you're getting with canvas.  We have branded that whole line as New Balance and it sits in the lifestyle line to differentiate it from Numeric.
i noticed today that nm 288's are available on the canadian nb site. first numeric shoe ive seen avail, just not my size. centre dist doesnt always have extra stock and my shop doesnt order much of my size. hopefully nb.ca gets more for me.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #740 on: April 06, 2018, 10:49:58 PM »

i wanna be the homie who also receives samples  ;D
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #741 on: April 07, 2018, 07:57:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Do you know when you guys implemented or will implement the change to the fit? I love 868s but the sizing is so off.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Grind King Rims

« Reply #743 on: April 14, 2018, 07:01:37 AM »
I'm digging those 440's. I like the mix of materials and the variety of patterns. With a different colourway I would be very interested.

coneklr

« Reply #744 on: April 14, 2018, 10:37:16 AM »
Grrr, need the 420's to drop!  Roth, send me a sample pair  :-*

birdplops

« Reply #745 on: April 14, 2018, 03:23:00 PM »
I'm digging those 440's. I like the mix of materials and the variety of patterns. With a different colourway I would be very interested.

I decided against getting them this time as UK stores only seem to have gotten 4 new colourways, with the 440s only coming in black and white.

I'm not sure whats going on, but NB is seeming pretty sparse here, with little coordination/fanfare for a new model.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #747 on: April 15, 2018, 05:40:44 PM »
Grrr, need the 420's to drop!  Roth, send me a sample pair  :-*

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #748 on: April 18, 2018, 03:47:58 PM »
rothdigger, hope you don't mind the question, but i purchased a pair of obsidian blue 868s and i went half a size up from my usual but they are really tight, is that still the old fit? they might be too small after all... cool shoe tho, would definetly get em in my size, he he. they are pretty comfy when i just wear them, like when i'm sitting, but after about a mile of walking in them i actually get a nasty pain in the sides of both feet. like when the shoe flexes it clamps the sides... hope they still widen a bit, so far they are still too tight to skate. are they actually safe to throw in the microwave? i haven't tried that yet...

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #749 on: April 18, 2018, 09:02:31 PM »
rothdigger, hope you don't mind the question, but i purchased a pair of obsidian blue 868s and i went half a size up from my usual but they are really tight, is that still the old fit? they might be too small after all... cool shoe tho, would definetly get em in my size, he he. they are pretty comfy when i just wear them, like when i'm sitting, but after about a mile of walking in them i actually get a nasty pain in the sides of both feet. like when the shoe flexes it clamps the sides... hope they still widen a bit, so far they are still too tight to skate. are they actually safe to throw in the microwave? i haven't tried that yet...

I microwave all my NB# shoes. I don't think any of them have any metal eyelets anyways.

Definitely feels way better once they are all soft, I pop my FP game changers in there and they feel great.

As for the fit, all the NB# have the true to size fit. I've had troubles in the past when they first started out especially with the black box pairs. But to me, they have certainly fixed the sizing issue in all the models.