Author Topic: chicago  (Read 2168 times)

brother bob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
chicago
« on: February 01, 2016, 05:09:24 PM »
Going to Chicago in a couple of weeks and then going again in August. The only indoor park I've found is Asylum but it's a little out there. Really want to skate that Grant Park plaza but idk if it'll be buried. I'm from MN so if it's 25 degrees or warmer I'll skate. I also like drinking so if anyone can suggest a good bar in the downtown area that'd be great. I know there's already a Chicago thread but it's pretty old. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.
"Post an amethyst, fuccboi."

grains

• Rep: 10
Re: chicago
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 06:22:38 PM »
im out in the cuts but no too far from the city, avoid asylum if possible, there is a underground part of Chicago called lower wacker with tons of spots and it stays warm and dry. Weathers been really good lately, high 30s and low 40s, all the parks are dry right now. Uprise is the main shop in the city.

brother bob

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 08:17:39 AM »
^
Thanks a lot man

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 01:34:02 PM »
might fuck around and be decent , pretty cold right now though

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 04:45:17 PM »
DO NOT go to asylum bro. The park is complete shit, slipperiest indoor park I've ever been in, no flow, shitty ramps, puddle on the floor from a leaking ceiling. It's a joke. It's also filled with scooters and bikes. Hit up Four Seasons and Cream City in Milwaukee. The drive isn't that bad from Chicago. It's worth it.

brother bob

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 06:35:00 PM »
Thanks again guys, went this last weekend and had a great time. Weather was super good Saturday so skated the plaza, lot of people there but it's so big it doesn't really matter. Highly recommend Giordanno's (sp?) pizza and Chicago Diner is good for vegetarians. Wish I could've stayed longer and can't wait to go back

tidwid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 01:19:27 PM »
Gonna be in Chicago from the 19th to 31st. Looks like the weather will be shit, but if anybody wants to skate, PM me. Gonna be in Hyde Park but I'll get around.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 06:38:46 PM »
Anyone making moves for gsd tomorrow? I'll be rolling with some homies, it'd be cool to meet other pals

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 08:27:04 AM »
Wilson skate park is really fun if you go during dad hours. uprise was a really friendly cool shop.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 07:07:03 PM »
Wilson skate park is really fun if you go during dad hours. uprise was a really friendly cool shop.

Uprise is the best. They're always super helpful and welcoming. Now that it's nice out, Grant Park is fun but really crowded. UIC might be my favorite spot.

Kickflop

• Rep: 16
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 09:09:50 PM »
FYI for any pals who didn't know (like me), a Spohn ranch skatepark opened up off of 18th and Laramie in Cicero. Decent sized, fun bowl and very small street section. Not sure if it's officially "open," but supposedly it's cool after 5pm. We got in there late tonight no problem. Rendered pic below, but it's built exactly as it's shown.

Edit: Went back yesterday and cops came after about an hour. They don't know when it's officially opening. Mellow kickout fwiw.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 08:10:30 PM by Kickflop »
... I don't care if you're gay, straight, bi or an attack helicopter...
Sick of the liberal LGBTAH agenda