Author Topic: NEW BALANCE DOWN UNDER  (Read 5506 times)

REGS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
Re: NEW BALANCE DOWN UNDER
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2016, 11:20:16 PM »
Jack Curtin wearing that Liverpool jersey makes me like him even more

They're pretty much the only team with NB kits, I doubt he gives a fuck about them. In saying that, I wish he picked a Stoke shirt.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2016, 12:25:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They're pretty much the only team with NB kits, I doubt he gives a fuck about them. In saying that, I wish he picked a Stoke shirt.

If anything, I can see him rocking a Porto shirt.  I'm just pumped when I see that stuff in the wild - NB made some surprisingly good shirts and am happy they ended Warrior - even if I'm not thrilled with the Ralph Laurenization of the crest

ungzilla

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 05:37:54 AM »
Tom K's few non wallie tricks were actually pretty sick, he needs to chill on those, and I love wallies.

Adding Jake Hayes was a good move, his style is so fuckin' good

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2016, 02:43:48 AM »
Marius nollie bs 180 over the rail. The speed, the filming.
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2016, 03:11:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If anything, I can see him rocking a Porto shirt.  I'm just pumped when I see that stuff in the wild - NB made some surprisingly good shirts and am happy they ended Warrior - even if I'm not thrilled with the Ralph Laurenization of the crest

I would be so hyped if he wore a FC Porto shirt. I dont even care that much about football but they're my team! Haha...

Also that clips was really good. NB is catching up adidas with those web edits. Hoping for a full lenght someday.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

foureyedjim

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2016, 10:45:43 AM »
The spot Marius does the back noseblunt on is not easy to skate... At all. Rough as fuck and MUCH steeper than it looks on film.

Anyone that's ever tried to skate a spot after seeing it on film knows this...such a heartbreaking feeling hahah

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2016, 02:35:57 PM »
True. I felt I needed to say something anyway because of how gnarly it is. But yeah, photos/film don't do justice.  Just spun out on how he back noseblunted it.

The best I managed there was lipslides and tailslides. And I grew up there.  :-\

One of my best friends used to RIP the absolute shit out of the whole spot that people started calling it "Micks park". He would grind the bricks so hard that sparks would fly. Fun fact -  Lance Dawes was blown away by his skating there he went back a few times to take photos of him. One ended up running in the SLAP mag. But what I remember most from that trip was Huf and Co's footwear of choice while not skating.

skateordie

• Rep: -38
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2016, 03:10:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
lol @ PJ and Arto having the two pro models on this company, with a combined three clips in this?

(marketability, i get it..)
[close]

Seriously the footage from curtin and marius on this trip is better than what those two have put out in like 5 years.

I'm not darkwingduck thoguh and I understand why arto and PJ have shoes, but still.
[close]

Arto and PJ are...well, Arto and PJ. The rest are either irrelevant, gross or gonna be MIA in a year or so.
[close]

You're entitled to your opinion, but I highly disagree with almost all of it. I would not call jack curtin, marius syvanen, tyler surrey, jordan trahan, or tom knox any of those things.

who?

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2016, 10:48:48 PM »
this was excellent, and the filming was incredible as well. everyone involved in this shit should be extremely proud.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here