Author Topic: Losing shit  (Read 2490 times)

360 frip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
Losing shit
« on: February 13, 2016, 08:34:01 AM »
Notthing too deep here please.

I'm a bit of a master at losing things. Today capped my holiday off by somehow losing my new passport. Probably diazepam related to calm flying nerves. Luckily Hk lets you in with an ID card but I'm not looking forward to endless calls with fuckwits tom (pot calling kettle black).

Any other people out there that can barely keep their shit in order?

Could be worse though. The holiday was good.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: Losing shit
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 09:44:29 AM »
About every six months or so, I'll drive away from the ATM without my card. Just did it again today.

Does that count for anything?

7 year old

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 09:58:52 AM »
^dunno if that's better or worse than removing the card and leaving the money, which ive done a couple of times.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 10:32:08 AM »
In therapy for compulsive behaviour/habits, so no... My mind is kind of MIA, though.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 11:38:54 AM »
One of my friends that I've known for around two years has lost his wallet/green card at least 3-4 times, and once left his cell phone at a spot we got kicked out of. The guy who kicked us out called one of us.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 11:40:51 AM »
My wife once lost her keys in a kitchen drawer.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 12:10:12 PM »
No fucking way

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 12:17:57 PM »
smoke less weed, lose less stuff

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 01:47:15 PM »
...like your mind.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 02:36:12 AM »
I was adept at losing house keys for a good few years, worst part is they're specially made keys for a security door at my house that are about $30 a key, i've since gotten a key clip and check it religiously when leaving the house/work/ public transport. it's like giving myself a pat down
Keys, phone, wallet. Keys, phone, wallet. every day

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 03:35:35 AM »
I was adept at losing house keys for a good few years, worst part is they're specially made keys for a security door at my house that are about $30 a key, i've since gotten a key clip and check it religiously when leaving the house/work/ public transport. it's like giving myself a pat down

I'm down with the Keys, Phone, Wallet check. 

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2016, 06:17:24 AM »
One of my friends that I've known for around two years has lost his wallet/green card at least 3-4 times, and once left his cell phone at a spot we got kicked out of. The guy who kicked us out called one of us.

I left all my camera gear at a spot once and we didn't even get kicked out. Never got it back.

I left what was probably a week old hoodie at a spot last year and didn't remember until a few days later. It was long gone when I went back.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2016, 08:14:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm down with the Keys, Phone, Wallet check. 
Testicles, spectacles, wallet and watch. And keys.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2016, 01:33:13 PM »
yeah self pat down is essential. Although I usually don't lose shit, even though I'm pretty forgetful in other ways

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2016, 02:33:53 PM »
Once I drunkenly locked my bike downtown then went away for the weekend, and when I came back, I checked all my normal lock up spots and assumed it got stolen.  So I put a kijiji ad out offering $100 reward, and some guy replied telling me where it was still locked up.  I think I emailed him 20 or 25 bucks.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2016, 03:30:41 PM »

So true though. I lost shit constantly when I was a heavy smoker. Been sober for years and I never lose anything.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 823
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2016, 10:23:30 PM »
Once something leaves my hands it might as well be gone forever. Everyday I lose my Keys, Wallet, Phone for at least 30 mins and then end up finding it in the dumbest places ( once put my keys in the freezer after grocery shopping ). i have to get ready for work early every day cause i know its gonna be a battle to find everything i need before i leave. I have tried putting stuff in the same place all the time but always forget. I have lost 5 wallets ( one with $300 in it on my way to the vet on new years eve). Lost several sets of keys so my parents have numerous copys of my house / car keys stashed at their house. Shit drives me crazy.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 08:23:22 AM »
Once something leaves my hands it might as well be gone forever. Everyday I lose my Keys, Wallet, Phone for at least 30 mins and then end up finding it in the dumbest places ( once put my keys in the freezer after grocery shopping ). i have to get ready for work early every day cause i know its gonna be a battle to find everything i need before i leave. I have tried putting stuff in the same place all the time but always forget. I have lost 5 wallets ( one with $300 in it on my way to the vet on new years eve). Lost several sets of keys so my parents have numerous copys of my house / car keys stashed at their house. Shit drives me crazy.

Thanks Moe, I love people that lose things, I totally relate and always secretly hate the smug fucks who crow on about "you always lose everyhting! "Why don't you blah, blah, blah...?" Fuckers don't even live. Too busy being super organised. Cunts.

*Sidenote, somehow my passport was found in Thailand's airport, no idea how they let me board without it! Also, I had popped 40 mgs or so of valium to help me cope with flight anxiety, I guess it has some downsides...
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 08:26:23 AM »
I lost f/s noseblunts on tranny  :-\

straight

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 08:33:37 AM »
I lost my virginity while one of my friends was pretending to sleep in the same room and I'm pretty sure he was jacking off under the sheets. He probably lasted longer than I did.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 10:23:09 AM »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 01:04:26 PM »
There that point somewhere between where you last think you left it and emptying cereal boxes.......

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1235
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 02:11:49 PM »
a few years ago i went to busch gardens in va, went straight to the brand new rollercoaster(gryffon i think it was)
first ride first drop i felt my keys exit my pocket. never saw them again and i had a sick toy machine/emerica keychain on um.
needless to say i keep um clipped to the belt loop.
every time i go to get weed i always leave at least one personal belonging at my dudes crib, be it shades, water bottle, cell phone or wallet just about anything i have taken there ive left.
i lose cash a lot, like misplace only to find later. unnerving.
a wise band once said "blood stains, speed kills. fast cars, cheap thrills. rich girls, fine wine. ive lost my sense ive lost control ive lost my mind"

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 02:29:28 PM »
every time i go to get weed i always leave at least one personal belonging at my dudes crib, be it shades, water bottle, cell phone or wallet just about anything i have taken there

Years back I had this dealer where I would ALWAYS forget and leave my wallet at his place.
The last time I did it, I swear he made me stand outside in the cold for like twenty minutes, before having someone toss it down to me from his fire escape.

I think he did it to teach me a lesson? Worked though cause I haven't left anything at a dealer's since

Deucifer

• Rep: 10
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 04:52:30 PM »
I lock my keys in my car 6-8 times a year, that's always fun.
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 05:34:20 PM »

the greatest American to ever live.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 09:57:53 PM »
I was at a show once while a fight was breaking out between some skinheads and everyone else at the show. In the middle of the confusion, some guy that worked at a restaurant nearby came and busted out a car window with a cinder block. It was his car, and apparently that was the third time that year he had locked his shit in the car. Don't know if he used the same method of retrieval for the other times, but it was a little bit sketchy given the surroundings.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2016, 06:19:48 AM »

i used to do it so often that my dad bought me this little box with a big ass magnet that holds a key under your car for you. it saved my ass so many times, but i locked that key in there once too and he was super pissed when i made him come up and unlock the car for me.

its like $5 on amazon. worth every penny if youre always locking yourself out.
http://www.amazon.com/Hide-Under-Magnet-Large-Black/dp/B003P4IH9O

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 04:47:37 PM »
i used to go crazy when i was ready to leave my house and couldn't find my keys. I now have a small  hook near my door in my apartment where i hang my keys and right under i have a small stand where i put my wallet, watch and ear phones. it makes it a really good routine of putting my shit away in one set place as soon as i come in and gathering them before i leave my house.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 04:53:38 PM »
Losing stuff in an apartment is rough, like "how could I be so fuckin stupid?" Atleast you don't have much to go through, vs a house where you double check spots and can never declare anything fully lost.