Author Topic: Losing shit  (Read 2491 times)

Glue Reed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
Re: Losing shit
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 05:19:51 PM »
i used to go crazy when i was ready to leave my house and couldn't find my keys. I now have a small  hook near my door in my apartment where i hang my keys and right under i have a small stand where i put my wallet, watch and ear phones. it makes it a really good routine of putting my shit away in one set place as soon as i come in and gathering them before i leave my house.

I do this exact same thing. every day i hang my keys and throw my wallet/phone right there, in the same spot.  However, every once in awhile I'll be getting ready to leave my apartment and one of those three things won't be there, and I tear through my house like the cops with a search warrant.  Then I curse myself and think "i put it there EVERY SINGLE DAY, why didn't I do it this time"??  

Does anybody have an apple TV.  How about that miniscule remote?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 06:42:03 PM by bea! »

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 05:21:28 PM »
I wouldnt say lose, but misplace. I misplace everything. If Ill_Murray sees this he can attest to how aggravating it is going anywhere with me because you will hear wheres my phone, debit card, license etc at least 20 times a night. For awhile i did not have a wallet and just kept everything in my pockets and i was so bad at keeping an eye on everything that one of my friends yelled at me left me to go to his house and came back with a wallet. Jokes on him cause instead of losing one thing at a time I lose track of the whole wallet.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2016, 11:13:12 PM »
Stashing bud late at night and then not being able to find it for ages was always a fun one too. Nearly always turns up when you have given up looking too.

So glad my passport showed up. Trying to ring Bangkok airport was a shit show. I must of called twenty or thirty different times, multiple numbers and not got to spoke to anyone (this was their lost property section(s)). Two people did call back speaking Thai though, no idea what they said and then they hung up!
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2016, 06:02:16 AM »
I recently lost my driving licence and my medical insurance card. A week later I got a call from a gas station I went to, to take shit, that they found my stuff. Ive been skating for a week, every day, and driving a lot too, and didnt notice anything. Also, Ive been skating a miniramp where I broke my leg in October, so if anything happend to me during that week, I would probably not get a proprer medical treatment without my insurance card.

This was a first thing I lost in years, so Im pretty happy I was able to get it back.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2016, 06:20:33 AM »
i lost my favorite old fuct beanie a while back, while being on a train, drinking and sticking my head out the train window. as i returned to our compartment my beanie was gone. i realized it about 15min later. haha

one time i lost my leica at a contest, also due to heavy drinking. returned there the next day and found it in some bushes where i guess i went to take a piss.

yeah, i only lose stuff when i'm drunk.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2016, 06:56:39 AM »
i lost my favorite old fuct beanie a while back, while being on a train, drinking and sticking my head out the train window. as i returned to our compartment my beanie was gone. i realized it about 15min later. haha

one time i lost my leica at a contest, also due to heavy drinking. returned there the next day and found it in some bushes where i guess i went to take a piss.

yeah, i only lose stuff when i'm drunk.

Funny you should say that.  When I drank, I used to come home with more stuff that I initially had. Id steal lighters, alcohol, gloves and other small items. I neither drink nor steal anymore, though.

Bonefish

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2016, 08:26:49 AM »

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2016, 03:47:47 PM »
I'm pretty good about not losing stuff, but definitely guilty of getting high, and placing an object in a super specific spot.
I'll be completely confident I'll remember where it is, because it's in such a specialized spot, only to wake up the next day with no idea where.